- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 3:45 pm
MIAMI - They needed all 82 games of the regular season to get the opportunity to play Game 7 of the opening round at home, and the Miami Heat took full advantage.
- Rays beat Blue Jays 4-3 on Casali's walkoff hit Updated: Apr-30-16 10:59 pm
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Rays beat Blue Jays 4-3 on Casali's walkoff hit Updated: Apr-30-16 9:32 pm
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Saunders homers twice in Blue Jays' 6-1 win over Rays Updated: Apr-29-16 11:23 pm
- Portugal wins more time for recovery after rating decision Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal and the rest of the eurozone could breathe a sigh of relief Friday after international ratings agency DBRS said it wasn't lowering Portuguese sovereign debt to junk status - a feared move that likely would have sparked a fresh bout of international jitters about the soundness of the shared currency.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Police: 80 people arrested in Ontario in child pornography probe Updated: Apr-28-16 2:33 pm
TORONTO - Ontario police say they have arrested 80 people as part of a sweeping investigation into internet child pornography in the province.
- Burger King says hot dogs helped boost US sales Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Burger King's sales rose during the first quarter, boosted by the addition of hot dogs to the menu in the U.S.
- White Sox win 6th straight, blank Blue Jays 4-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:19 pm
TORONTO - A rare triple by Dioner Navarro gave the Chicago White Sox something even more uncommon: a series sweep in Toronto.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm
- Blue Jays recall RHP Tepera from Triple-A Updated: Apr-27-16 1:29 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays, who lead the majors with seven bullpen losses, shook up their relief corps Wednesday by recalling right-hander Ryan Tepera from Triple-A Buffalo and optioning ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte to the Bisons.
- DeRozan scores 34, Raptors rally for 3-2 lead over Pacers Updated: Apr-26-16 10:41 pm
TORONTO - DeMar DeRozan finally turned in the All-Star effort Toronto has been waiting for in the playoffs.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- C Smith scratched before White Sox debut, placed on DL Updated: Apr-26-16 4:58 pm
TORONTO - Chicago White Sox catcher Kevan Smith thought he'd be making his major league debut in Toronto. Instead, he made his debut trip to the disabled list.
- Blue Jays recall INF Dominguez, demote RHP Hutchison Updated: Apr-26-16 2:22 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled infielder Matt Dominguez from Triple-A Buffalo and optioned right-hander Drew Hutchison back to the minor leagues.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Lingering back injury limits Mahinmi at Pacers' practice Updated: Apr-25-16 5:30 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Pacers starting center Ian Mahinmi was limited to non-contact drills at practice Monday because of a lingering lower back injury.
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Updated: Apr-25-16 4:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - Phil Kessel speaks in a polite whisper, as if he's worried talking too loudly might inadvertently attract the spotlight and well, he doesn't want that.
- Bautista hits 2-run HR as Blue Jays beat Athletics 6-3 Updated: Apr-24-16 5:30 pm
TORONTO - Toronto's potent offense pounded the ball nearly every time Drew Hutchison was pitching last season.
- Bike riders encouraged to explore area along Detroit River Updated: Apr-24-16 3:28 pm
DETROIT - A partnership between the U.S. and Canada is encouraging people to use bikes to explore both sides of the Detroit River.
- Giovinco scores twice in Toronto's 2-0 victory over Montreal Updated: Apr-23-16 6:18 pm
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.