- 'Candy Man' doctor guilty of issuing illegal prescriptions Updated: Aug-28-15 8:14 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A California doctor known as the "Candy Man" was convicted Friday of illegally prescribing powerful painkillers, and authorities said 20 of his patients died.
- Orange County city keeps red-light cameras Updated: Aug-26-15 5:41 am
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Despite a growing trend among Orange County cities to drop the technology, Los Alamitos has decided to keep their red-light cameras.
- Drought-plagued California readies for El Nino storms Updated: Aug-26-15 2:09 am
SANTA ANA, California - While drought-plagued California is eager for rain, the forecast of a potentially Godzilla-like El Nino event has communities clearing out debris basins, urging residents to stock up on emergency supplies and even talking about how a deluge could affect the 50th Super Bowl.
- Man dies while freediving at Crystal Cove State Park Updated: Aug-23-15 11:55 am
LAGUNA BEACH, California - Orange County authorities say a 27-year-old man died while freediving at Crystal Cove State Park near Laguna Beach.
- Shark encounter forces closure of 2 Orange County beaches Updated: Aug-20-15 11:19 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - The waters at two of Orange County's most popular beaches have been closed after a shark was spotted and showed aggressive behavior to a surfer.
- Campers killed by tree limb in Yosemite were teenage boys Updated: Aug-18-15 5:23 pm
TUSTIN, California - Two young campers killed by a falling tree limb in Yosemite National Park have been identified as 14-year-old boys from Orange County in Southern California.
- Driver using cellphone convicted of vehicular manslaughter Updated: Aug-13-15 3:50 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A driver who was texting and talking on her cellphone before a deadly freeway crash in Orange County has been convicted of gross vehicular manslaughter.
- Goodyear Blimp ends final trip in Tustin Updated: Aug-12-15 6:17 am
TUSTIN, California - Southern California motorists waved farewell to the Goodyear blimp this week as the Spirit of America took its final flight.
- Report: California police erred in arrest before man's death Updated: Aug-11-15 1:54 am
SANTA ANA, California - Two Fullerton, California, police officers who were acquitted of criminal wrongdoing in the 2011 death of a mentally ill homeless man violated their department's use-of-force policy, according to an internal report.
- Baby girl born in backseat of SUV on Interstate 405 Updated: Aug-10-15 9:14 am
SEAL BEACH, California - A baby girl is doing well after her roadside birth on Interstate 405 near Seal Beach.
- California man convicted in $169M fraud scheme Updated: Aug-07-15 6:25 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A Southern California real estate investor has been convicted of a fraud scheme that cost investors as much as $169 million.
- Judge delays decision in Santa Ana pot-shop raid case Updated: Aug-06-15 7:43 am
SANTA ANA, California - The Santa Ana Police Department is still waiting to know if it can use surveillance video in an internal affairs investigation into a pot-shop raid after a judge postponed his decision on the matter.
- Would-be Tarzan allegedly tried to climb into monkey exhibit Updated: Aug-05-15 8:07 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A man who claimed to be Tarzan has been arrested after he allegedly climbed a tree and tried to get into the monkey exhibit at a Southern California zoo.
- Man stabbed in eye, back outside Orange County liquor store Updated: Aug-05-15 8:37 am
TUSTIN, California - Orange County authorities are searching for a suspect who stabbed a man in the back and in the eye during an argument outside a Tustin liquor store.
- Orange County deputy kills man during standoff Updated: Aug-04-15 9:19 pm
CAMP PENDLETON, California - An Orange County sheriff's deputy has shot and killed a man during a standoff near the Camp Pendleton Marine base.
- Tutor sentenced in California school hacking scandal Updated: Aug-04-15 3:25 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A tutor at the center of a high school grade-changing scandal in Orange County has been sentenced to a year in jail after pleading guilty to computer fraud and commercial burglary.
- Crash kills 6-year-old boy in Santa Ana, 2 drivers arrested Updated: Aug-04-15 6:14 am
SANTA ANA, California - A 6-year-old boy died during surgery after a car crash in Santa Ana.