- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Orange County man guilty of wife's murder-for-hire Updated: Apr-18-14 10:49 pm
- Man who opened fire outside OC mall sentenced Updated: Apr-18-14 8:19 pm
- Man accused of rapes at 'spiritual cleansings' Updated: Apr-17-14 1:52 pm
- Police: Nearly 100 burglaries tied to theft ring Updated: Apr-17-14 12:38 am
- Alleged serial killings highlight GPS limits Updated: Apr-16-14 12:30 pm
- Woman pleads guilty to hospital baby theft Updated: Apr-15-14 11:38 pm
- Neighbor helps 2 escape burning Orange County home Updated: Apr-14-14 2:04 pm
- Santa Ana winds blow into Southern California Updated: Apr-14-14 9:37 am
- Murder suspects were sex offenders under scrutiny Updated: Apr-14-14 12:22 am
- OC man convicted for bank hostage-taking Updated: Apr-11-14 10:17 pm
- Santa Ana school district probes boy's arrest Updated: Apr-11-14 5:44 pm
- Toys, treats, bones abound for injured police dog Updated: Apr-10-14 2:38 pm
- Man wounded in Santa Ana shooting Updated: Apr-07-14 9:22 am
- Man gets 25 to life for 1995 Orange County killing Updated: Apr-04-14 5:48 pm
- Couple in 70s found dead in Orange County condo Updated: Apr-03-14 7:22 pm
- 11 injured in 2-vehicle crash in Orange County Updated: Apr-03-14 10:34 am
- Woman, 90, dies, 3 injured in Orange County fire Updated: Apr-01-14 11:04 pm
- Aggressive mountain lion shot in Orange County Updated: Apr-01-14 4:50 am
- Animal mummies displayed at California museum Updated: Mar-30-14 3:58 pm
- Animal mummies displayed at California museum Updated: Mar-30-14 1:45 pm
- Ex-officer in homeless death case wants immunity Updated: Mar-28-14 3:52 pm
- Feds say Orange County jails 'much improved' Updated: Mar-28-14 11:35 am
- Orange County sees big surge in measles cases Updated: Mar-26-14 9:55 pm
- Funeral for man suspected in homeless slayings Updated: Mar-25-14 1:14 pm
DANA POINT, California - Hundreds of surfers and rowers have honored Hobie Alter's request by paddling out in the Pacific in his memory.
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man accused of hiring hit men to murder his wife so he could avoid a costly divorce has been convicted of murder.
SANTA ANA, California - A man who fired dozens of bullets at an Orange County shopping mall the day after a deadly school shooting has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
SANTA ANA, California - Prosecutors say two women were raped by a man who lured them to Orange County motel rooms for so-called "spiritual cleansings" that involved rubbing whole eggs on their bodies.
SEAL BEACH, California - Authorities say they've broken up a theft ring that lifted safes and fancy booze from nearly 100 restaurants, liquor and grocery stores in Southern California.
SANTA ANA, California - A pair of convicted sex offenders had proven once before that there were limits to how well GPS devices could track their whereabouts.
SANTA ANA, California - A woman who snatched a newborn child at an Orange County hospital because she wanted her estranged husband to believe she'd given birth has pleaded guilty to kidnapping and burglary.
HUNTINGTON BEACH, California - Authorities say a quick-thinking neighbor kicked in the door of a burning Huntington Beach house and helped two people inside escape the flames.
LOS ANGELES - A wind advisory is posted for much of Southern California as dry and gusty Santa Ana winds blow through the region, accompanied by above-normal temperatures.
ANAHEIM, California - Two registered sex offenders were supposed to be closely monitored when they allegedly killed four women in Southern California, including one whose body was found at a trash sorting facility and three who disappeared, a newspaper reported Sunday.
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man who held a bank manager hostage and fired at police during a standoff has been convicted of numerous crimes - but jurors acquitted him of attempted murder.
SANTA ANA, California - The Santa Ana Unified School District says it will investigate after a cellphone video showed a policeman putting a 14-year-old boy in a headlock during an arrest.
ANAHEIM, California - An Anaheim police dog-turned local celebrity has been lavished with hundreds of get-well cards, donations and gifts since he was shot in the line of duty last month.
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County authorities say a man was wounded in a shooting that sent bullets into a nearby apartment, narrowly missing a woman inside.
SANTA ANA, California - A man who spent 16 years on the run after beating to death his ex-lover in Orange County will spend 25 years to life in prison.
SANTA ANA, California - Police in Orange County say two people found dead inside a condominium were a couple in their 70s who had been living together for 25 years, and their deaths are being investigated as a murder-suicide.
ANAHEIM, California - Authorities say 11 people were injured in a 2-vehicle crash on an Orange County freeway.
YORBA LINDA, California - Authorities say a 90-year-old woman has died and her son and two deputies who tried to rescue her were injured in a Southern California house fire.
LAKE FOREST, California - Wildlife officials say a mountain lion had to be shot and killed after stalking a family on an Orange County wilderness trail.
SANTA ANA, California - Dogs and cats are often beloved family members in current culture, but animals held such a prominent place in ancient Egyptian society that tens of millions were mummified, some going into the pharaohs' tombs to rest eternally in the company of their kings.
SANTA ANA, California - We love our dogs and cats, but the ancient Egyptians REALLY loved their dogs and cats - not to mention their snakes, crocodiles and birds.
SANTA ANA, California - A former Fullerton police officer who was acquitted of murder and manslaughter in the 2011 death of a homeless man wants immunity from federal prosecution if he testifies in a civil case.
SANTA ANA, California - After six years, federal investigators say Orange County jails have shown great improvement and won't need their oversight much longer.
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County is seeing a huge surge in measles, with more than twice the cases of any other California county.
SANTA ANA, California - A funeral has been held for a Southern California man who was found dead in his cell while awaiting trial on murder charges in the deaths of six people, including four homeless men.