- Prosecutors back teen's conviction in prep school rape case Updated: Oct-08-15 6:06 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The conduct of an elite prep school's former student convicted of sexually assaulting a freshman days before he graduated justifies his felony conviction for using a computer to lure her for sex, prosecutors maintained.
- GOP head calls 2-term councilor 'career politician' Updated: Oct-08-15 4:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Republican Party chairwoman is calling Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Colin Van Ostern a "career politician with few real life accomplishments."
- 15 escape inn fire on Ocean Blvd at Hampton Beach Updated: Oct-08-15 3:50 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - New Hampshire firefighters have brought under control a blaze at an inn on Ocean Boulevard in Hampton Beach in which 15 people escaped uninjured.
- Army Corps of Engineers to pay $85K over chemical storage Updated: Oct-08-15 3:44 pm
HANOVER, New Hampshire - The U.S Army Corps of Engineers has agreed to pay $85,000 to settle EPA claims that it violated regulations in its handling of a hazardous chemical at the Army's Cold Regions Research and Engineering Lab in Hanover.
- Former Ayotte aide pleads guilty in lewdness case Updated: Oct-08-15 3:07 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - The former state director for New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte pleaded guilty to attempted lewdness following his April arrest in a Nashua prostitution sweep.
- Getting clean: Heroin addict goes through pioneering program Updated: Oct-08-15 8:55 am
BOSTON - Kylee Moriarty has experienced her share of ups and downs since deciding to kick her heroin habit this past summer.
- F-15s flying over central New Hampshire in training exercise Updated: Oct-08-15 7:43 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - F-15s will be flying over central New Hampshire between Manchester and Lebanon as part of an air defense exercise.
- Transgender woman drops suit claiming jail assault Updated: Oct-08-15 5:23 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - A transgender woman has dropped a federal lawsuit against the Rockingham County claiming she suffered injuries after being classified as a man while an inmate.
- Separation agreement for Portsmouth chief fails Updated: Oct-08-15 5:20 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - The Portsmouth Police Commission has failed to endorse an agreement that would allow the city's police chief to continue working for another three months.
- Gasholder, piece of industrial past, faces uncertain future Updated: Oct-07-15 3:53 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A round, red-brick relic of this country's industrial transformation sits shakily at the southern entrance to New Hampshire's capital city, the cupola atop its conical, tree-damaged roof slumping northward.
- Water main break may slow driving to Manchester airport Updated: Oct-07-15 11:20 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - People driving to the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport may face some congestion to a major water main break in the area.
- Explosion sparks fire at New Hampshire power plant Updated: Oct-07-15 10:46 am
BETHLEHEM, New Hampshire - Authorities say a generator overheated, exploded and sparked an oil fire at a New Hampshire power plant. No one was hurt.
- Survey: Residents willing to pay more for local produce Updated: Oct-07-15 10:18 am
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A survey of New Hampshire residents shows that they are willing to pay more for locally grown fruits and vegetables, but they may not always know where to find it.
- Man sentenced to 10 years in bank, store robberies Updated: Oct-07-15 7:36 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to robbing a gas station and two banks in New Hampshire.
- Shania Twain cancels concerts in New Hampshire, New York Updated: Oct-07-15 5:53 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Shania Twain has canceled her "Rock This Country" tour in New Hampshire and New York after being diagnosed with a respiratory infection.
- Hassan submitting 6 names as judicial nominees Updated: Oct-07-15 5:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is nominating two judges to the New Hampshire Superior Court.
- Hassan to speak at Derry forum on substance abuse Updated: Oct-07-15 5:00 am
DERRY, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan will speak about the state's response to heroin and prescription drug abuse, including youth prevention efforts, during a community forum focused on substance abuse in New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire startups to compete at 'TechOut' Updated: Oct-07-15 4:06 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Five startup companies are making live pitches to compete for prizes up to $50,000 at TechOut, held by the New Hampshire High Tech Council.
- Cops: Dog kicked to death for relieving itself on man's lawn Updated: Oct-07-15 3:43 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - A city council candidate in southwestern New Hampshire is facing animal cruelty charges after police say he kicked his neighbor's 17-year-old dog to death after it tried to relieve itself on his lawn.
- Hassan's political philosophy shaped by advocacy for son Updated: Oct-06-15 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Maggie Hassan's career in public service began as a fight to ensure her son Ben, who has cerebral palsy, could participate fully in society. It led to a run for state Senate, then for governor and now, for U.S. Senate against Republican incumbent Kelly Ayotte.
- About 660,000 visitors expected in New Hampshire for holiday Updated: Oct-06-15 12:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire travel officials say an estimated 660,000 visitors are expected to come to the state over the Columbus Day period, 2.5 percent more than last year.
- New leadership at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Updated: Oct-06-15 8:03 am
LOUDON, New Hampshire - David McGrath has been named executive vice president and general manager at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- NH attorney general offers guidance after data breach Updated: Oct-06-15 7:35 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state attorney general says about 21,000 New Hampshire residents who are T-Mobile wireless customers may have had personal data exposed in the recent breach at the Experian credit reporting agency.
- Firefighters rescue boy stuck in tree using Jaws of Life Updated: Oct-06-15 3:47 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Officials say New Hampshire firefighters freed a child who got stuck in a tree using a tool commonly known for prying open vehicles to free people trapped inside.
- Supreme Court to hold 'On the Road' session in Bedford Updated: Oct-06-15 3:36 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Supreme Court is holding one "One the Road" sessions at Bedford High School.