- Maine man sentenced for child pornography possession Updated: Feb-10-16 6:44 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to less than a month in prison after he admitted to possessing sexually explicit materials of minors under 16.
- Augusta man implicated in high-speed chase turns himself in Updated: Feb-09-16 12:09 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A 28-year-old Augusta man who police say initiated two high-speed chases that ended with a crash has turned himself in to authorities.
- Report: Riverview failed to address staffing problems Updated: Feb-09-16 4:22 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Officials tasked with ensuring that patients at Augusta's Riverview Psychiatric Hospital are being treated properly say the hospital failed to address staffing and other problems.
- 911 transcripts detail attempt to locate shooting victims Updated: Feb-08-16 6:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Transcripts of 911 calls show police had trouble finding an SUV in which two people were killed on Christmas morning in Manchester, Maine.
- Kennebec County jail move closer to expansion to add 24 beds Updated: Feb-07-16 9:11 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - An expansion aimed at relieving overcrowding in the Kennebec County jail is moving forward.
- Bill regarding the housing of 'forensic' patients is revived Updated: Feb-02-16 12:29 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's administration has revived a proposal that offers an alternative to housing violent or difficult-to-manage mental health patients.
- Waterville man gets 12 years for drug trafficking Updated: Feb-02-16 4:34 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Waterville man who authorities said admitted to trafficking cocaine and heroin has been sentenced to 12 years behind bars.
- Group faces protest as it submits petitions to legalize pot Updated: Feb-01-16 6:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A group that hopes to legalize marijuana in Maine delivered petition signatures to the state Monday as opponents hectored the group's organizers.
- Wayne man found not guilty of tossing infant son down stairs Updated: Jan-28-16 6:45 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A 40-year-old Maine man has been found not guilty of throwing his 3-month-old son down a flight of stairs inside his Wayne home.
- LePage eyes ankle bracelets to reduce overcrowded jails Updated: Jan-27-16 6:12 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Overcrowding problems in Maine's jails can be alleviated by allowing nonviolent inmates to serve their time at home while wearing electronic monitoring bracelets, Gov. Paul LePage said.
- 2 plead not guilty to alleged drug-related killing Updated: Jan-26-16 5:24 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Augusta couple has been ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty to what police described as a drug-related killing.
- University of Maine at Augusta gets low-income student help Updated: Jan-24-16 8:37 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's U.S. senators say the federal government is awarding nearly $400,000 to the University of Maine at Augusta with a goal of helping low-income students.
- Augusta police launch program to aid rescue of wanderers Updated: Jan-19-16 4:41 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A new program now being offered by the Augusta Police Department aims to speed up the rescue process when residents with dementia or autism wander away from home.
- Maine governor calls failed impeachment effort 'foolishness' Updated: Jan-14-16 4:37 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Critics of Maine Gov. Paul LePage failed to muster support for a vote Thursday on an independent investigation that could have led to impeachment for alleged abuse of power.