- Medicaid, welfare to play big in Maine campaigns Updated: Apr-18-14 4:18 pm
- Sidney man pleads not guilty to assault charges Updated: Apr-16-14 7:25 am
- Augusta man wins 6th Maine chess crown Updated: Apr-14-14 7:23 am
- Maine counties oppose proposed jail bill Updated: Apr-13-14 2:34 pm
- Police unveil campaign against distracted driving Updated: Apr-10-14 5:07 am
- Maine helps its veterans find employment Updated: Apr-06-14 9:04 am
- Nonprofit insurers struggle in new marketplaces Updated: Apr-02-14 6:03 pm
- Panel looks at flood risk in Maine Updated: Apr-02-14 5:04 am
- Augusta man gets 2 years for pot plot at airport Updated: Apr-01-14 6:22 am
- Maine makes final health coverage enrollment push Updated: Mar-31-14 6:16 pm
- Maine World War II veteran gets medals Updated: Mar-30-14 3:22 pm
- Monmouth man gets 6 months on child pornography charge Updated: Mar-26-14 6:52 am
- Augusta slaying suspect's records turned over Updated: Mar-25-14 7:29 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats have fallen short so far in their attempt to expand Medicaid under the federal health care law this year, and Republicans didn't get their wish to overhaul welfare programs, either. But that won't stop them from trying to transform those failures into successes on the campaign trail as they now return to their districts to drum up votes for the November election.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Sidney man who has been held in jail or a state psychiatric facility since his arrest in July 2012 on charges of raping a 4-year-old girl he was baby-sitting has asked a judge to be freed on bail.
WATERVILLE, Maine - A familiar face has been crowned Maine's top chess player.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The majority of Somerset County commissioners oppose a bill that would give a state board more authority over Maine's 15 county jails.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A spokesman from the Department of Public Safety says Maine will join in nationwide efforts to reduce auto accidents that result when drivers don't pay attention to the road.
AUGUSTA, Maine - State efforts are underway to help Maine veterans and current service members apply military experience toward obtaining occupational licenses.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A smorgasbord of options and lower prices for consumers were two of the chief selling points for President Barack Obama as he promoted his overhaul of the nation's health insurance industry, predicting Americans would see "competition in ways we haven't seen before." Companies were even started as a way to encourage innovation and competition, namely 23 consumer-run, co-op insurers created with the help of $2 billion in federal loans.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's River Flow Advisory Commission is meeting again to evaluate the spring flooding risk.
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Augusta man has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for growing marijuana inside the security fence at Augusta State Airport.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Community health centers and navigators across Maine were flooded with calls and in-person requests for help Monday as last-minute health insurance shoppers sought coverage before the end of federal health care law's six-month enrollment period.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A World War II veteran from Maine has been presented with several service medals for what U.S. Sen. Angus King calls his lifesaving act of heroism.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Monmouth man has been ordered to spend six months in jail for possession of sexually explicit materials depicting a child under 12.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The medical records of an Augusta man charged with fatally stabbing his live-in girlfriend have been handed over to the court.