- Maine woman pleads guilty in fatal car crash in Monmouth Updated: Aug-04-15 7:34 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine woman involved in a fatal crash in Monmouth last year has pleaded guilty to causing a death while her license was suspended or revoked, and other offenses.
- Maine's proposed sea urchin card system up for Thursday vote Updated: Jul-27-15 11:52 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A key Maine panel is scheduled to vote this week on a plan to track the state's sea urchin fishery with swipe cards.
- Sidney man gets 50 years for assaulting 4-year-old girl Updated: Jul-27-15 4:53 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Sidney man who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl he was baby-sitting and recording the attack on his cellphone has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Maine man sentenced to 10 years for dinner party shooting Updated: Jul-23-15 10:55 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man will spend 10 years in jail for inadvertently shooting a man in the leg during an evening of dinner and games.
- Man charged in stabbing death of girlfriend to face trial Updated: Jul-23-15 7:11 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Augusta man charged with fatally stabbing his live-in girlfriend is scheduled to go on trial next year.
- Maine widower sues for wrongful death in motorcycle accident Updated: Jul-22-15 4:42 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The widower of a former Maine police officer who was killed in a motorcycle accident in Augusta after hitting a pothole has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- South Portland man pleads guilty to trooper assault Updated: Jul-22-15 7:05 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A South Portland man who brawled with a state trooper during a traffic stop has been sentenced to two years behind bars.
- The Latest: Maine lawmakers complete their work for the year Updated: Jul-16-15 6:16 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The latest on the Maine Legislature's last day of the 2015 session:
- Maine lawmakers rebuff LePage attempt to veto 65 bills Updated: Jul-16-15 6:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers on Thursday refused to consider dozens of vetoes that Republican Gov. Paul LePage attempted to return to the Legislature, leaving the fate of 65 measures hanging in the balance as the divided Legislature headed toward adjournment.
- NYC man gets 6 years for bringing oxycodone to Maine Updated: Jul-15-15 6:02 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A New York City man has been sentenced to six years in prison for smuggling more than 200 oxycodone pills into Maine.
- Driver in fatal Maine car crash charged with manslaughter Updated: Jul-15-15 5:47 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man has been charged with manslaughter in connection with a car crash last year that killed a passenger.
- Wal-Mart accused of same-sex bias in class-action lawsuit Updated: Jul-14-15 1:55 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts woman filed a class-action lawsuit Tuesday accusing Wal-Mart of wrongly denying employee benefits for same-sex spouses.
- Maine Natural Gas asks regulators to approve rate hike Updated: Jul-13-15 6:52 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Natural Gas is seeking a rate increase that would help fund its ongoing expansion in Augusta and help return the company to profitability.
- Ex-Maine woman gets 18 months in prison for embezzlement Updated: Jul-10-15 5:25 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A former Maine woman has been sentenced to a year and a half in prison for embezzling more than $10,000 from two youth sports organizations, and stealing state welfare benefits.