- Police: Maine man dies from apparent drowning in China Lake Updated: Aug-31-15 5:25 pm
CHINA, Maine - Police say a 74-year-old man died from apparent drowning in China Lake in front of a family member's property over the weekend.
- Kennebec County man gets 15 years for rape of young girl Updated: Aug-28-15 8:55 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Kennebec County man will serve 15 years in prison for the rape of a girl under the age of 14.
- Maine state police create unit to examine drug trends Updated: Aug-26-15 2:14 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Participants in a summit convened by Maine Gov. Paul LePage to address the state's drug epidemic have agreed to create a special unit at the state police intelligence center that's going to focus on drugs, and to set up three working groups focusing on law enforcement, education and treatment.
- Jury convicts Augusta man on drug trafficking charges Updated: Aug-26-15 8:47 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man who was arrested last year following a drug raid has been convicted of trafficking in heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana.
- Augusta Civic Center worker suing for gender discrimination Updated: Aug-24-15 4:08 pm
BANGOR, Maine - An Augusta arena worker has filed a workplace discrimination lawsuit against the city.
- Group plans to borrow $337K to buy land behind State House Updated: Aug-24-15 2:44 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A nonprofit organization is planning to borrow more than $337,000 to preserve 164 acres of land behind the State House in Augusta.
- Man released from prison after justice throws out conviction Updated: Aug-20-15 12:19 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Augusta man who was imprisoned for more than three years on sexual assault charges has been released after his convictions were overturned.
- Maine National Guard getting new headquarters in Augusta Updated: Aug-20-15 3:37 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine National Guard is celebrating the beginning of construction of its new Joint Forces headquarters in Augusta.
- Former Augusta middle school gets historic designation Updated: Aug-19-15 1:13 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A former Augusta middle school building built more than a half-century ago as part of effort to provide schools for post-World War II baby boomers has been deemed historic.
- Windsor man sentenced to 7 years for pharmacy robbery Updated: Aug-17-15 6:14 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison for playing a role in the robbery of an Augusta pharmacy.
- Police: Landlord fatally stabbed after confrontation Updated: Aug-17-15 3:13 am
PITTSTON, Maine - Maine State Police say a landlord was stabbed to death in the chest after a confrontation with a tenant at a historic mansion he and his wife ran as a boarding home.
- Maine summit on aging issues to be held next month Updated: Aug-16-15 8:37 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Officials and stakeholders dedicated to tackling the issues facing Maine's rapidly growing aging population will gather in Augusta next month.
- Woman convicted of abducting her kids asks to leave Maine Updated: Aug-14-15 5:13 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine woman convicted in February of kidnapping two of her children and driving them to South Carolina has asked to leave the state to engage in a custody battle.
- Gardiner man pleads guilty in pharmacy robberies Updated: Aug-13-15 7:16 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Gardiner man has pleaded guilty to robbing pharmacy stores in Augusta and Gardiner earlier this year.
- Maine court: 65 bills are law after LePage misses deadline Updated: Aug-06-15 4:53 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Dozens of bills opposed by Republican Gov. Paul LePage have become law because he misinterpreted the Maine Constitution and didn't veto the measures in time, the state's highest court said Thursday.
- Waterville man gets 13 years for sexually assaulting child Updated: Aug-06-15 5:08 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Waterville man has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl last year.
- Maine woman pleads guilty in fatal car crash in Monmouth Updated: Aug-04-15 7:34 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine woman involved in a fatal crash in Monmouth last year has pleaded guilty to causing a death while her license was suspended or revoked, and other offenses.