- Riverview superintendent hopes to end mandated extra hours Updated: May-03-16 12:09 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The new superintendent of the Riverview Psychiatric Hospital hopes to eliminate mandated extra hours for workers once he completes additional hiring.
- Holocaust remembrance is being held in Maine Updated: May-01-16 8:37 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Holocaust and Human Rights Center is holding an interfaith observance to remember the 6 million Jews who died in the Holocaust.
- Man cleared of DWI arrested on same charge 2 days later Updated: Apr-30-16 2:13 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man cleared of a drunken driving charge at his trial on Thursday was arrested Saturday morning on a new charge of operating under the influence.
- Lawmakers overturn LePage Narcan veto, falter on solar bill Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - With five state residents dying each week from drug overdoses, lawmakers on Friday overwhelmingly rejected Republican Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill that would increase availability of an overdose antidote. But they failed to overcome his veto of a bill to modernize state policies on solar power.
- The Latest: Maine boosts availability of overdose antidote Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Latest on veto votes by the Maine Legislature (all times local):
- Augusta man pleads guilty to drug distribution charges Updated: Apr-29-16 7:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A 44-year-old Augusta man has admitted to federal drug distribution charges stemming from a 2015 traffic stop arrest at a southern Maine rest stop.
- The Latest: Marijuana legalization clears hurdle to ballot Updated: Apr-27-16 2:56 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Latest on a referendum proposal to legalize marijuana in Maine (all times local):
- Augusta man sentenced to serve 2 years for drug trafficking Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A resident of Maine's capital city has been sentenced to serve two years in prison for trafficking drugs throughout the Augusta area.
- Summit Natural Gas hit with $250K fine recommendation Updated: Apr-20-16 2:59 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Public Utilities Commission has recommended that Summit Natural Gas pay a $250,000 fine as penalty for a natural gas leak that was discovered in Augusta in February.
- Augusta police step up distracted driving enforcement Updated: Apr-19-16 6:46 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Augusta Police Department says officers in Maine's capital city will be more focused on cracking down on distracted driving from now until September.
- Car drops on Waterville man as he was working underneath it Updated: Apr-19-16 6:45 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Police say a 69-year-old Waterville man was injured after his car fell on top of him while he was working to fix the vehicle along the side of a road in Augusta.
- Search teams find remains, possibly those of missing hiker Updated: Apr-17-16 9:31 am
BAR HARBOR, Maine - Officials say search teams looking for a missing Maine hiker have found human remains near Parkman Mountain in Acadia National Park.
- LePage clarifies remark about upcoming 900 job losses Updated: Apr-12-16 1:57 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is clarifying his recent remark about a company in southern Maine being on the verge of shedding 900 jobs.
- MaineGeneral Medical Center cited for vehicle infractions Updated: Apr-11-16 4:31 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - State police's Commercial Vehicle Division has cited MaineGeneral Medical Center for commercial vehicle violations involving what the hospital has called an "internal use" vehicle.
- Oakland man gets 8 years for injuring ex-girlfriend's twins Updated: Apr-08-16 6:56 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A 27-year-old Maine man has been sentenced to eight years in prison for injuring his ex-girlfriend's 2-year-old twin daughters in May 2014.
- Maine man jailed for theft of baby eels Updated: Apr-07-16 5:59 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Marine Patrol has arrested a man with a charge that he illegally possessed lucrative baby eels.