- Raiders' D can't get off field on third down Updated: Dec-12-13 8:06 pm
- A's finish deal, send minor leaguer Freitas to O's Updated: Dec-12-13 6:00 pm
- Pot businessman pleads no contest to Oakland fraud Updated: Dec-12-13 9:50 am
- BART, unions to meet again over contract provision Updated: Dec-11-13 7:43 pm
- Oakland settles with vet hurt in Occupy protest Updated: Dec-11-13 7:20 pm
- Raiders WR Rod Streater chases 1,000-yard season Updated: Dec-11-13 6:24 pm
- Athletics trade LHP Brett Anderson to Rockies Updated: Dec-10-13 5:43 pm
- Gas leak that led to fire in California is capped Updated: Dec-10-13 5:33 pm
- Raiders see progress despite another losing season Updated: Dec-09-13 7:38 pm
- MLB denied Oakland's San Jose move request Updated: Dec-08-13 6:30 pm
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose Updated: Dec-07-13 5:56 pm
- Raiders rookie QB comfortable in cold weather Updated: Dec-06-13 9:51 pm
- Walters: Only Jerry Brown can upend his own re-election Updated: Dec-06-13 11:50 am
- Raiders hope to get boost from healthy Branch Updated: Dec-05-13 6:35 pm
- Auditor: Transit police make progress on reforms Updated: Dec-05-13 4:25 pm
- Raiders backfield thinned by injuries Updated: Dec-04-13 7:53 pm
- 9 go to hospitals after California train problem Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Athletics finalize two-year contract with Kazmir Updated: Dec-04-13 5:51 pm
- Ellsbury to Yankees, Pierzynski to Red Sox Updated: Dec-04-13 3:39 am
- Warriors rally from 27 down to top Raptors 112-103 Updated: Dec-04-13 2:11 am
- AL West champion A's make 3 trades in 2 days Updated: Dec-03-13 8:34 pm
- A's acquire outfielder Gentry, Lindblom from Texas Updated: Dec-03-13 3:18 pm
- Doug Fister dealt to Nats, Jim Johnson to A's Updated: Dec-03-13 12:34 pm
- A's acquire closer Johnson, add starter Kazmir Updated: Dec-03-13 1:17 am
- A's acquire closer Jim Johnson from O's Updated: Dec-03-13 1:17 am
ALAMEDA, California - Jason Tarver is as passionate and animated as any coach in the NFL. The Oakland Raiders' defensive coordinator is usually quick with a statistic or two to back up whatever point he's trying to make.
OAKLAND, California - The Athletics have completed their trade with Baltimore that brought closer Jim Johnson to Oakland by sending minor league catcher David Freitas to the Orioles as the player to be named.
OAKLAND, California - The man behind a national chain of stores that provide supplies to medical marijuana growers is expected to receive probation following his conviction on charges that he defrauded an Oakland grant program.
OAKLAND, California - San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit and its two largest unions will be meeting again with a federal mediator over a key contract provision that has led to a lawsuit.
OAKLAND, California - The city of Oakland has agreed to settle a claim by an Iraq War veteran who was beaten by a police officer during an Occupy Oakland protest two years ago.
ALAMEDA, California - When Rod Streater arrived in Oakland in the spring of 2012 as an undrafted and unheralded receiver out of Temple, his focus was on the smallest of goals rather than something as noteworthy as a 1,000-yard receiving season.
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics found a trade partner for pitcher Brett Anderson and his big salary.
OAKLAND, California - Officials say a gas main leak that led to an underground fire in Oakland and forced the evacuation of several homes has been capped. No injuries were reported.
ALAMEDA, California - Stumbling to the finish of a losing season has become an all-too-familiar feeling around the Oakland Raiders.
SAN JOSE, California - Major League Baseball's lawyers say in a court filing that the Oakland Athletics' request to move to San Jose was turned down in June by Commissioner Bud Selig.
SAN JOSE, California - Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig formally informed the Oakland A's this summer that the team's bid to move San Jose had been denied.
ALAMEDA, California - As if playing in the Eastern time zone where they've lost 12 straight games isn't bad enough, the Oakland Raiders could be facing snowy conditions Sunday against the New York Jets.
Two statewide polls told us this week that there's probably just one person who could thwart California Gov. Jerry Brown's bid for a historic fourth term next year.
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders finally might be getting one of the anchors of their defense back.
OAKLAND, California - Police officers with the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit agency have made significant progress in meeting reforms instituted after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a white transit officer, an independent auditor said Thursday.
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders may have to reach way down on the depth chart to fill out their backfield for Sunday's game in New York.
OAKLAND, California - A San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit train's emergency brakes malfunctioned Wednesday, stranding hundreds of passengers in a tunnel and sending at least nine people to hospitals, officials said.
OAKLAND, California - If those independent league road trips weren't humbling enough for Scott Kazmir, starting over from square one with his delivery and mechanics sure did the trick.
OAKLAND, California - Thirty minutes after fueling Golden State's largest fourth-quarter comeback in more than 50 years, Klay Thompson pointed to a halftime speech by teammate Jermaine O'Neal as the difference.
OAKLAND, California - Billy Beane is busy dealing in December once again.
OAKLAND, California - Craig Gentry is committed to doing what he can to help the Athletics win another division crown in 2014.
NEW YORK - On a night usually dominated by news of players let loose, the Washington Nationals and Oakland Athletics filled pitching needs with trades.
OAKLAND, California - In one productive day, Athletics general manager Billy Beane filled two important pitching voids.