- Fireworks spark small brush fire in Oakland hills Updated: Jul-04-15 11:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Fire officials say fireworks sparked a brush fire in the Oakland hills.
- Hernandez finally loses in Oakland, Mariners fall 2-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Felix Hernandez turned in another quality start despite not having his best stuff. He still lost a second straight decision for the first time this season.
- A's end home skid against King Felix, beat Mariners 2-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:45 pm
- 4 home runs too much for A's to overcome Updated: Jul-04-15 1:54 am
OAKLAND, California - Jesse Chavez still can't get a win against the Seattle Mariners. Towering two-run home runs by Logan Morrison and Seth Smith made sure of that.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Rockies offense shut down again in 4-1 loss to A's Updated: Jul-01-15 8:15 pm
OAKLAND, California - For only the third time this season, the Rockies failed to win a game that Chad Bettis started.
- A's pitcher Gray stays in hospital with stomach ailment Updated: Jul-01-15 4:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics pitcher Sonny Gray has been diagnosed with a stomach ailment that sent him to a hospital.
- Umpire Hallion hit in mask by foul, leaves Rockies-A's game Updated: Jul-01-15 4:30 pm
OAKLAND, California - Home plate umpire Tom Hallion has left the game between Colorado and Oakland in the top of the first inning after getting hit squarely in the mask by a foul tip.
- Bassitt makes emergency start for A's in 2-1 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-01-15 3:33 am
OAKLAND, California - Chris Bassitt was in Nashville early Tuesday morning when he learned he was going to pitch on short rest in Oakland that night. Hours later, he was on his way up from the minors.
- Sentence reduction for Oakland teen who set another ablaze Updated: Jun-30-15 10:17 am
OAKLAND, California - A 17-year-old boy who set another teen's clothes on fire on a public bus had his sentence reduced and won't likely spend any time in adult prison.
- Sentence reduced for teen convicted in burning bus passenger Updated: Jun-29-15 11:26 pm
OAKLAND, California - A Northern California teenager who was convicted of setting the skirt of another teen on fire on a public bus has had his 7-year sentence reduced.
- Cespedes, Donaldson contributing after big offseason trades Updated: Jun-29-15 3:26 am
For a Detroit team that's already dealt with its share of injuries, the steady production of Yoenis Cespedes has been a big help.
- Guthrie gets 1,000th strikeout in Royals' 5-3 win over A's Updated: Jun-28-15 8:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeremy Guthrie and Salvador Perez delivered a milestone win for the Kansas City Royals.
- Bumgarner pitches, hits Giants to 6-3 win Updated: Jun-28-15 7:30 pm
- Financing plan for stadium called a lousy deal for Raiders Updated: Jun-28-15 1:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - Finance experts say a long-awaited plan for a new Raiders stadium is a lousy deal for the team and will make a potential return to Los Angeles even more attractive.
- Ex-American Samoa official sentenced for taking bribes Updated: Jun-27-15 10:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A former government official for American Samoa has been sentenced to federal prison for bribery.
- MLB plans to open 2nd replay center in San Francisco Updated: Jun-26-15 11:24 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Major League Baseball plans to open a second replay center in San Francisco.
- Cadaver dog detects remains at missing woman's home Updated: Jun-26-15 10:44 am
OAKLAND, California - A retired police sergeant says his cadaver dog detected remains at the house of an 18-year-old college student who disappeared in 1997.
- Prosecutor: Balcony deaths could bring manslaughter charges Updated: Jun-25-15 10:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Prosecutors said Thursday they have opened a criminal investigation into a fatal California balcony collapse that could lead to involuntary manslaughter charges.
- Northern California officer injured breaking up 'sideshow' Updated: Jun-24-15 7:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A Northern California policer officer was seriously injured while breaking up a large, late-night illegal "sideshow" of more than 100 cars.
- New cracks found on San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge rods Updated: Jun-24-15 10:50 am
SAN FRANCISCO - State officials say tiny cracks found on some of the rods on the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge tower potentially endanger more than 400 remaining fasteners that secure the tower to the foundation in an earthquake.
- California monk charged in knifing of fellow monk Updated: Jun-23-15 7:22 pm
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a Buddhist monk has been charged with attempted murder in the stabbing of another monk in a San Francisco Bay Area monastery.
- Oakland established race and equality department Updated: Jun-23-15 10:59 am
OAKLAND, California - Oakland city leaders unanimously approved a department of race and equity during a City Council meeting Monday night.
- 7 students who survived balcony collapse remain hospitalized Updated: Jun-22-15 6:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The seven Irish students who survived a deadly balcony collapse in the college town of Berkeley remain hospitalized in varying states of recovery nearly a week later.
- 3 shot during Warriors parade not linked to celebration Updated: Jun-22-15 3:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Police say the three people shot during the Golden State Warriors celebration in Oakland were not linked to the parade or rally.