- Custody battle waged over San Francisco Bay Bridge chicken Updated: Sep-04-15 10:34 am
OAKLAND, California - Three people are claiming ownership of the small brown chicken that fouled up rush-hour traffic in the San Francisco Bay Area earlier this week.
- Lockett's early TD sends Seattle to 31-21 win over Oakland Updated: Sep-04-15 2:11 am
SEATTLE - If there was such an award, Seattle Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett would be the clear MVP of the preseason.
- Spotlight shines on trio of 2nd-year quarterbacks Updated: Sep-04-15 12:12 am
ALAMEDA, California - The challenges facing a rookie quarterback in the NFL can be a bit overwhelming.
- California fugitive shot by Sparks police remains critical Updated: Sep-03-15 6:47 pm
RENO, Nevada - A California fugitive who was shot in the face by a Sparks police officer when he fled U.S. marshals attempting to serve an arrest warrant at a Reno apartment building remains in critical but stable condition.
- Gray gives up milestone homer to Pujols, A's lose to Angels Updated: Sep-02-15 8:23 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sonny Gray's teammates had just given him a nice boost with three runs in the bottom of the first after the Angels put up a four-spot in the top half.
- Pujols hits 35th home run as Angels take series from A's Updated: Sep-02-15 8:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Albert Pujols has been saying for about 15 years now that he will reflect on the many milestones and special home runs once his career is through, and he still hopes that is many seasons down the road.
- Woman reported as possible kidnapping victim contacts police Updated: Sep-02-15 11:45 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a woman who was reported as a possible kidnapping victim in Oakland has made contact with police.
- Raiders to go with Howard at right tackle Updated: Sep-01-15 9:03 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With less than two weeks before the Oakland Raiders' season-opener, Austin Howard doesn't have much time to ease into his role as the team's starting right tackle.
- Ex-Bills RB Fred Jackson meeting with the Seahawks Updated: Sep-01-15 6:02 pm
RENTON, Washington - After being released by the Buffalo Bills, running back Fred Jackson is looking for an opportunity to reunite with former teammate Marshawn Lynch in Seattle.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Victorino crashes into wall and it falls in Angels' loss Updated: Sep-01-15 2:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Shane Victorino crashed into the wall left field and down it came. The ball eluded him, too.
- Angels, A's delayed in 5th for broken outfield fence Updated: Sep-01-15 12:26 am
OAKLAND, California - A piece of the outfield wall in Oakland fell down after Los Angeles left fielder Shane Victorino crashed into it, causing a 10-minute delay as players briefly returned to their dugouts Monday night in a game between the Angels and Athletics.
- 2 Southwest Airlines plane clip wing tips in California Updated: Aug-31-15 11:07 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say two commercial airliners clipped wing tips at the Oakland International Airport in California, but no injuries were reported.
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Raiders waive second-year safety Jonathan Dowling Updated: Aug-29-15 4:51 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have waived safety Jonathan Dowling, making the move a day before their third preseason game.
- Dead whale in Oakland Estuary was struck by ship Updated: Aug-28-15 10:53 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Scientists say a dead whale found floating in the Oakland Estuary was struck by a ship.
- TV shooting survivor's husband recounts story before gunfire Updated: Aug-28-15 7:30 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The woman who survived the on-air shooting that killed two TV journalists says she never saw the gunman walk up to the group because the camera's bright light blinded her.
- Raiders still seeking to identify backup running back Updated: Aug-28-15 4:33 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With a starting running back that hasn't had more than 100 carries in a season since entering the NFL, the Oakland Raiders know they will likely have to count on some of their backups to generate a consistent running game this season.
- Police: Oakland officer shoots suspect who beat her Updated: Aug-27-15 8:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - A police officer shot and killed a man who beat her with a metal chain after attacking another woman Thursday, authorities said.
- Oakland man sentenced for shooting boy who beat up teen son Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
HAYWARD, California - An Oakland man who shot and wounded a 16-year-old boy for beating up his son has been sentenced to 35 years to life in state prison.
- Raiders LB Sio Moore fighting for spot on team Updated: Aug-27-15 6:57 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Despite being one of Oakland's best defensive players his first two years in the NFL, Sio Moore is just fighting for a spot on the team this season.
- Traffic stop leads to pot seizure, Oakland man's arrest Updated: Aug-27-15 9:03 am
SANTA ROSA, California - The California Highway Patrol has seized 225 pounds of marijuana from an Oakland man who was pulled over on Highway 101.
- Former broadcaster in TV shooting was a volatile, angry man Updated: Aug-27-15 4:38 am
Even after gunning down a TV news reporter and cameraman during a live interview, Vester Lee Flanagan II continued to rage. But after a volatile career that had seen him fired at least twice for clashing with co-workers who recall him as an off-kilter loner, this would be the former broadcaster's last, brutal sign-off.
- Another law enforcement officer gun stolen in the Bay Area Updated: Aug-26-15 11:04 pm
HAYWAYRD, California - Authorities say a Hayward police officer's gun was stolen during a car burglary in Oakland, marking at least the third such theft in the Bay Area in recent months.
- In TV shooting, a volatile, angry man 'waiting to go BOOM' Updated: Aug-26-15 9:00 pm
Long before he filmed himself gunning down a TV reporter and cameraman during a live broadcast Wednesday, the man identified as the killer traced a twisted and volatile career path that saw him fired from at least two stations for conflicts with co-workers, leaving memories of an "off-kilter" loner easily angered by office humor.