- Oakland nurse struck, killed by car outside hospital Updated: Dec-01-15 9:54 am
OAKLAND, California - Police have identified a pedestrian who was struck by a car outside an Oakland hospital as a nurse who had worked more than 30 years working at the institution.
- Del Rio won't let Raiders look too far ahead Updated: Nov-30-15 8:34 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio has done a good job of keeping his players focused on the task at hand rather than looking too far ahead.
- Latest from the NFL: Gronkowski carted off after hit to knee Updated: Nov-29-15 11:34 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 12th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- California governor in Paris to push pact to curb emissions Updated: Nov-29-15 11:05 am
SACRAMENTO, California - California Gov. Jerry Brown is heading to the U.N. Climate Change conference, which opens Monday, where he will promote the state's efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions and urge other states and provinces to sign on to his climate pact.
- Body of woman found inside burning car in Oakland Updated: Nov-28-15 2:24 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Police say the body of a woman was found inside a burning car and her death is being investigated as a homicide.
- Amerson pushing for starting cornerback job with Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Two months after wondering whether he still had a future in the NFL, cornerback David Amerson is inching closer to a starting job with the Oakland Raiders.
- Titans eager to snap 10-game skid, celebrate on own field Updated: Nov-25-15 7:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee tight end Delanie Walker knows it's been a long time since the Titans last won a game on their own field.
- Amari Cooper's big season with Raiders slowed by drops Updated: Nov-25-15 7:00 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When he was drafted in the first round by the Oakland Raiders more than five months ago, the book on Amari Cooper was that he ran pass patterns like a seasoned veteran, understood pro-style offenses and had the best hands of any wide receiver coming out of college.
- Police: Gun stolen from US agent used to kill Oakland artist Updated: Nov-25-15 5:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A gun used to kill a Northern California artist as he worked on an anti-violence mural was stolen from a federal agent, officials said Wednesday.
- A's acquire Jed Lowrie from Astros for minor league reliever Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
OAKLAND, California - Infielder Jed Lowrie is returning to Oakland after a one-year stay in Houston.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.
- Raiders losing streak dampens playoff talk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Earlier this month, Oakland Raiders safety Charles Woodson wanted his teammates to embrace the idea of talking about the playoffs.
- Suspect charged with stealing Warriors interim coach's car Updated: Nov-24-15 11:41 am
OAKLAND, California - An Oakland man has been charged with stealing a car belonging to interim Golden State Warriors' coach Luke Walton.
- Oakland police detain person of interest in muralist slaying Updated: Nov-23-15 10:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - A person of interest in the slaying of an artist who was shot to death while working on a community mural in a freeway underpass is in custody, authorities said Monday.
- Del Rio's concerns go beyond non-challenge for Raiders Updated: Nov-23-15 9:38 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland coach Jack Del Rio defended his decision not to challenge a play that might have helped sustain a drive by the Raiders' sputtering offense in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Athletics add versatile lefty Rich Hill on $6 million deal Updated: Nov-20-15 8:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - In a matter of months, Rich Hill's remarkable path to rejoining a rotation took him from Washington's farm system to independent ball on Long Island and then back to Boston to start in September.
- A's get Hendriks from Blue Jays for Chavez Updated: Nov-20-15 8:12 pm
- After-hours club raided in Oakland, drugs found, 2 arrested Updated: Nov-20-15 10:20 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say an underground after-hours club in downtown Oakland was busted and its operators arrested for selling alcohol without a license and possessing drugs.
- Man tied to 3 Northern California killings found dead Updated: Nov-20-15 10:09 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say an 18-year old Oakland man who was wanted in three separate killings in three Northern California cities was found dead in a motel room after a stand-off with police.
- Janitor arrested for secretly recording women using restroom Updated: Nov-20-15 12:28 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a janitor who worked in an Oakland office building is facing numerous charges for allegedly hiding a phone in a restroom to secretly record women.
- Ex-church member to face trial on embezzlement charges Updated: Nov-20-15 12:10 am
HAYWARD, California - A judge has ordered a Vallejo man to stand trial on charges he stole about $587,000 from charitable organizations he led on behalf of one of Oakland's most popular churches.
- Raiders suddenly struggling to stop the run Updated: Nov-19-15 6:15 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. has no shortage of reasons why the Oakland Raiders have gone from owning one of the best run defenses to one of the worst.
- Arizona's Palmer: 'It's not just another game' Updated: Nov-18-15 8:00 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - A little over four years ago, Carson Palmer was home, away from football without pay, in a bitter stalemate with Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown.
- Raiders move on after suspension of Aldon Smith Updated: Nov-18-15 6:09 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Ever since Aldon Smith signed with the Oakland Raiders just before the start of the season, the prospect of a league-imposed suspension was a cloud over him.