- Davis homers twice but Athletics lose 4-3 to Mariners Updated: May-03-16 2:30 am
OAKLAND, California - Whatever problems Khris Davis was having at the plate a few weeks ago, they've clearly been corrected.
- Mariners back Karns with enough offense in 4-3 win over A's Updated: May-03-16 1:54 am
OAKLAND, California - Steve Cishek's seventh consecutive save this season resembled many of the previous six - a few tense moments, a couple of baserunners and a perfect pitch to end it.
- AP Source: Raiders decline 5th-year option on CB DJ Hayden Updated: May-02-16 4:58 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have declined their fifth-year option on cornerback DJ Hayden.
- Arrests in Seattle as May Day marchers take to streets Updated: May-02-16 1:15 am
SEATTLE - Seattle police used pepper spray to disperse black-clad anti-capitalist protesters authorities say threw rocks, flares, bricks and Molotov cocktails at officers during a rowdy May Day gathering.
- The Latest: Police arrest protesters in Seattle Updated: May-02-16 1:06 am
SEATTLE - The Latest on May Day marches across the U.S. (all times local):
- Altuve homers to back Fister in Astros' 2-1 win over A's Updated: May-01-16 8:08 pm
OAKLAND, California - Doug Fister didn't have much margin for error, not with Houston managing only two hits - none after the third inning.
- Hundreds march to support workers, demand justice Updated: May-01-16 6:06 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hundreds of workers are rallying and marching along San Francisco's scenic bay-front in support of immigrant and workers' rights and to demand justice for several men fatally shot by city police.
- ON FOOTBALL: Forget winners, losers; think NFL draft trends Updated: May-01-16 3:45 pm
Figuring out who won or lost in an NFL draft takes years, not hours. Finding trends is a whole lot easier.
- Raiders trade up to select QB Connor Cook in 4th round Updated: Apr-30-16 8:43 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie was schooled in the draft by Ron Wolf during his long tenure in the front office in Green Bay.
- Raiders trade up to take QB Cook in 4th round of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - Connor Cook is the winningest quarterback in Michigan State history. Andrew Billings is coming off a dominant season on Baylor's defensive line.
- Raiders give Mexico a taste of the NFL during draft days Updated: Apr-30-16 6:41 pm
- Walton has unfinished work with Warriors before Lakers job Updated: Apr-30-16 6:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton was in no rush to leave his job as an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors.
- West Oakland shooting leaves 6 injured, 5 by gunfire Updated: Apr-30-16 4:04 pm
OAKLAND, California - Police say a possible gang related shooting in Oakland left six people injured, five with gunshot wounds.
- Man to serve 3 years in prison for burning puppy alive Updated: Apr-30-16 3:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge has sentenced a Northern California man to three years and eight months in state prison for burning his weeks-old Chihuahua dog alive.
- Raiders select defensive end Jihad Ward in 2nd round Updated: Apr-29-16 10:37 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Jihad Ward's path to the NFL included spending two years in junior college and a rare position change - moving from safety and wide receiver to the defensive line.
- A's call up top pitching prospect Manaea to start vs Astros Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sean Manaea, Oakland's top pitching prospect, was recalled from Triple-A Nashville to make his major league debut on Friday night against Houston.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Oakland Zoo, Audubon Society team up to help birds Updated: Apr-28-16 2:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Zoo and the Golden Gate Audubon Society have teamed up to help save fledgling birds that have fallen from their nests onto the busy streets of downtown Oakland.
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.
- Prince and sports: Music in blood, basketball in his heart Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince had music in his blood. Basketball was in his heart.
- San Francisco police stumped by mom's slaying, missing child Updated: Apr-21-16 7:45 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Police on Thursday asked for the public's help in solving the puzzling case of a young, single San Francisco mother's killing and the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter.
- California governor lists Zen-inspired home for $2.6 million Updated: Apr-20-16 4:15 pm
OAKLAND, California - California Gov. Jerry Brown and his wife, Anne Gust Brown, are selling their multilevel Zen-inspired home high in the wooded Oakland Hills.
- California home sales, median price increase in March Updated: Apr-19-16 3:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - California homes notched increases in sales and price in March, hitting a $415,000 median last reached during 2015's strong summer market.
- Reddick's sacrifice fly lifts Athletics over Royals 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-16 8:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Billy Burns' speed, along with a little luck, helped Oakland win its first home series.
- President Obama, Warriors star Stephen Curry team up on PSA Updated: Apr-16-16 3:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - President Barack Obama has teamed with reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry on a public service announcement calling for Americans to mentor youth in their community to make a positive impact.