- Marchers against perceived crackdown on protests in Oakland Updated: May-24-15 1:40 am
OAKLAND, California - About 100 people took to the streets in Oakland on Saturday night to protest against what they said was the city's crackdown on nighttime demonstrations.
- San Francisco Bay Area police arrest 2 in kidnapping Updated: May-22-15 9:14 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland police say they have arrested two suspects in connection with a kidnapping for ransom after a man was found bound in the trunk of the suspects' car.
- Oakland thief takes off with 500 gallon water tanker Updated: May-22-15 12:11 pm
OAKLAND, California - A 500 gallon water tanker has been stolen from a landscaping site in the Oakland hills.
- Warriors hold off Harden, Rockets 99-98 to take 2-0 lead Updated: May-22-15 12:56 am
OAKLAND, California - James Harden had Game 2 on his fingertips - and then he didn't.
- Raiders sign linebacker Neiron Ball Updated: May-21-15 8:29 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed fifth-round draft pick Neiron Ball.
- Ex-Rangers manager Washington rejoin Athletics as coach Updated: May-21-15 5:37 pm
- Oakland kitchen fire kills 1 woman, severely injures 2 men Updated: May-21-15 12:59 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say one woman died and two men were hospitalized with life-threatening injuries in a fire started in the kitchen of an Oakland home.
- Raiders sign cornerback Chimdi Chekwa Updated: May-20-15 7:54 pm
- Naked woman detained after walking on bridge Updated: May-19-15 9:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - The California Highway Patrol says a woman has been taken for a mental evaluation after police caught her walking naked on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
- Concern about legal marijuana and minors aired in California Updated: May-19-15 6:50 pm
OAKLAND, California - Members of a commission led by California's lieutenant governor said Tuesday that legalizing the recreational use of marijuana could generate enough tax revenue to fund drug education and counseling centers at every high school in the state, a potential upside that should be seriously considered as activists work to put a pot-legalization initiative before voters next year.
- Raiders QB Derek Carr sidelined in offseason workouts Updated: May-19-15 6:27 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When the Oakland Raiders took the field for the start of their first full-team practice since the NFL draft, there was one notable spectator.
- Land deal closes for planned NFL stadium near Los Angeles Updated: May-19-15 5:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders moved a step closer Tuesday to building a new stadium near Los Angeles after a complex land deal was finalized on a site that could become the home of a shared $1.7 billion venue.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis still considers Oakland top option Updated: May-19-15 4:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Raiders owner Mark Davis walked outside the Ritz-Carlton into the throng of protesters and vowed to do all he can to keep his team in Oakland. Even as he and Chargers owner Dean Spanos moved ahead on plans for a stadium project in Southern California.
- Oakland airport baggage handlers charged with pot smuggling Updated: May-19-15 4:20 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three baggage handlers at Oakland International Airport are accused of using their security clearance to get marijuana-packed suitcases past checkpoints and onto planes as part of a drug smuggling ring involving 11 other people, federal prosecutors said.
- Oakland airport baggage handlers charged with drug smuggling Updated: May-19-15 12:23 am
OAKLAND, California - Federal authorities say three baggage handlers at Oakland International Airport are among 14 people charged as part of an alleged marijuana smuggling ring.
- Garcia, Ramirez each drive in 2 runs as White Sox beat A's Updated: May-17-15 8:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeff Samardzija spent the first two days of the series catching up with old friends. He spent the last day making trouble for them.
- California man in jail after bank robbery, hostage-taking Updated: May-17-15 4:49 pm
ANTIOCH, California - Northern California police say a suspect is in custody after robbing a bank, leading authorities on a high-speed chase and then briefly taking a hostage.
- Athletics put Ike Davis on disabled list Updated: May-17-15 1:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics first baseman Ike Davis has placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quadriceps.
- Bay Area student attacked by security guard sues district Updated: May-15-15 3:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An Oakland High School student who was dumped out of his wheelchair by a campus security guard has filed a lawsuit against the school district.
- Oakland to ban school suspensions for defiant behavior Updated: May-14-15 4:43 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Unified School District has become the fourth California school district to phase out defiant behavior as a reason to suspend students in grades 4-12.
- Wade Miley duels with Sonny Gray, Boston beats A's 2-0 Updated: May-13-15 7:48 pm
OAKLAND, California - Somehow, Wade Miley pulled off escape acts all afternoon.
- Red Sox third baseman Sandoval receives World Series ring Updated: May-11-15 10:27 pm
OAKLAND, California - Pablo Sandoval had his latest sparkly World Series ring visible in his locker at the Oakland Coliseum.
- Victorino returns from disabled list for opener at Oakland Updated: May-11-15 10:06 pm
OAKLAND, California - Boston's Shane Victorino has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is starting in right field and batting seventh for the opener of a three-game series against the Oakland Athletics.
- Hernandez gets 2,000th strikeout, win against A's Updated: May-10-15 8:20 pm
SEATTLE - As soon as strike three was called, everyone in Safeco Field knew it was a special moment.
- Seahawks' Pinkins shifts from defensive back to linebacker Updated: May-10-15 5:29 pm