- Raiders agree to extension to remain at Oakland Coliseum Updated: Feb-11-16 8:49 pm
OAKLAND, California - Four weeks after being stymied in their effort to move to Los Angeles, the Raiders agreed to a one-year extension lease extension on Thursday to remain at the Oakland Coliseum through the 2016 season - and possibly beyond.
- Pandora CEO declines comment on sale report, shares recede Updated: Feb-11-16 8:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - Pandora Media's stock retreated in after-hours trading Thursday after the Internet radio giant's fourth-quarter earnings fell short of expectations and its CEO declined to comment on a report that the company is looking to sell itself.
- Raiders re-sign safety Nate Allen Updated: Feb-11-16 5:32 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders re-signed safety Nate Allen on Thursday, two days after they released him.
- Car strikes cars, pregnant woman in Oakland, Berkeley Updated: Feb-10-16 3:43 pm
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a man in intentionally hit a pregnant woman, other citizens and several dozen cars, perhaps as many as 30, in Oakland and Berkeley.
- 'Great Expansion' of 1967 showed NHL was for real Updated: Feb-10-16 3:02 pm
The NHL's "great expansion" of 1967 delivered hockey to California, led to the "Broad Street Bullies" and legitimized the league as a major force in North American professional sports.
- Weather purges San Francisco Bay Area lakes of toxic algae Updated: Feb-10-16 10:45 am
OAKLAND, California - Heavy rain and a cold El NiÃ±o winter have purged three East Bay swim lakes of toxic algae that flourished in the drought last year and led to swim bans, lost lifeguard jobs and changed vacation plans.
- $10,000 reward offered for info on fatal BART shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 8:13 am
OAKLAND, California - Oakland officials are offering a reward of up to $10,000 for any information that leads to an arrest in connection to a Jan. 9 fatal shooting on a commuter rail train.
- Crews dismantle portion of San Francisco's old Bay Bridge Updated: Feb-06-16 5:26 pm
OAKLAND, California - California officials say a major portion of the old eastern span of San Francisco's old Bay Bridge began coming down this week.
- Super Bowl champions haven't always been 'super' Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 am
They have the gaudy rings and the rest of the swag that comes with being a Super Bowl champion.
- California man convicted of robbing Craigslist customers Updated: Feb-05-16 8:43 pm
OAKLAND, California - A Northern California man has been convicted of participating in an elaborate jewelry robbery ring that used online ad service Craigslist to lure victims, prosecutors announced Friday.
- Goodell encourages NFL teams to fairly pay cheerleaders Updated: Feb-05-16 8:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he is encouraging NFL teams to properly compensate cheerleaders.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Man charged with stabbing SF officer appears in court Updated: Feb-05-16 10:26 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A man charged with attempted murder and assault on a peace officer made his first appearance in court but did not enter a plea.
- Unlikely Super Bowl stars from Timmy Smith to Larry Brown Updated: Feb-05-16 2:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Super Bowl history is filled with great performances from the biggest stars, such as Jerry Rice, Tom Brady and Emmitt Smith.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- Daisymae, stolen Oakland dog, returned to shelter Updated: Feb-04-16 10:13 am
OAKLAND, California - A dog that was snatched from a San Francisco Bay Area shelter earlier this week has been returned.
- Oakland votes to pay $75K to settle wrongful death lawsuit Updated: Feb-04-16 8:50 am
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland City Council has voted to pay $75,000 to settle a wrongful death claim brought by the families of two men fatally shot by police.
- Clorox tops 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 6:48 am
OAKLAND, California - Clorox Co. (CLX) on Thursday reported fiscal second-quarter net income of $149 million.
- Former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler had brain disease CTE Updated: Feb-03-16 1:33 pm
BOSTON - Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler, the late NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner who is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE, Boston University researchers said Wednesday.
- Raiders still seeking info on Mario Edwards' injury Updated: Feb-02-16 8:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Oakland Raiders are still seeking answers about the significant neck injury that sidelined rookie defensive lineman Mario Edwards Jr. in the final month of the season.
- San Francisco requires people to lock up guns in vehicles Updated: Feb-02-16 8:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Board of Supervisors unanimously approved legislation Tuesday requiring strict lock-up of firearms in vehicles parked in San Francisco.
- The Latest: CHP officer in stable condition after stabbing Updated: Feb-02-16 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the stabbing of a California Highway Patrol officer in San Francisco (all times local):
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Raiders DE Justin Tuck retires after 11 NFL seasons Updated: Feb-01-16 5:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck is retiring after 11 seasons in the NFL.