- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- California man convicted of robbing Craigslist customers Updated: Feb-05-16 3:46 pm
OAKLAND, California - A Northern California man has been convicted of participating in an elaborate jewelry robbery ring that used online ad service Craigslist to lure victims, prosecutors announced Friday.
- Man charged with stabbing SF officer appears in court Updated: Feb-05-16 10:26 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A man charged with attempted murder and assault on a peace officer made his first appearance in court but did not enter a plea.
- Unlikely Super Bowl stars from Timmy Smith to Larry Brown Updated: Feb-05-16 2:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Super Bowl history is filled with great performances from the biggest stars, such as Jerry Rice, Tom Brady and Emmitt Smith.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- Column: Goodell riding high, and so is the unstoppable NFL Updated: Feb-04-16 7:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Roger Goodell might as well mail this one in.
- Daisymae, stolen Oakland dog, returned to shelter Updated: Feb-04-16 10:13 am
OAKLAND, California - A dog that was snatched from a San Francisco Bay Area shelter earlier this week has been returned.
- Oakland votes to pay $75K to settle wrongful death lawsuit Updated: Feb-04-16 8:50 am
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland City Council has voted to pay $75,000 to settle a wrongful death claim brought by the families of two men fatally shot by police.
- Clorox tops 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 6:48 am
OAKLAND, California - Clorox Co. (CLX) on Thursday reported fiscal second-quarter net income of $149 million.
- Former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler had brain disease CTE Updated: Feb-03-16 1:33 pm
BOSTON - Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler, the late NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner who is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE, Boston University researchers said Wednesday.
- Raiders still seeking info on Mario Edwards' injury Updated: Feb-02-16 8:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Oakland Raiders are still seeking answers about the significant neck injury that sidelined rookie defensive lineman Mario Edwards Jr. in the final month of the season.
- San Francisco requires people to lock up guns in vehicles Updated: Feb-02-16 8:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Board of Supervisors unanimously approved legislation Tuesday requiring strict lock-up of firearms in vehicles parked in San Francisco.
- The Latest: CHP officer in stable condition after stabbing Updated: Feb-02-16 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the stabbing of a California Highway Patrol officer in San Francisco (all times local):
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Raiders DE Justin Tuck retires after 11 NFL seasons Updated: Feb-01-16 5:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck is retiring after 11 seasons in the NFL.
- Russell Wilson throws 3 TDs in 49-27 Pro Bowl victory Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
HONOLULU - With no Super Bowl trip this season for the Seattle Seahawks, their stars came to play - and dominate - at the Pro Bowl.
- Panel to consider 2 temporary NFL teams in LA Coliseum Updated: Jan-28-16 11:04 am
LOS ANGELES - The government body that oversees Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will consider a proposal to allow two NFL teams to temporarily share the historic stadium with the USC Trojans.
- Body camera shows man yelled 'I can't breathe' before death Updated: Jan-27-16 5:51 pm
OAKLAND, California - The family of a 51-year-old man who screamed 20 times that police were killing him last week settled a wrongful-death lawsuit with the city of Oakland.
- Firefighters rescue man stuck in mud in Oakland Hills Updated: Jan-27-16 10:42 am
OAKLAND, California - A man inspecting a San Francisco Bay Area mudslide was rescued after he got stuck in the mud.
- Missing Berkeley woman last seen swimming in Oakland bay Updated: Jan-27-16 10:20 am
OAKLAND, California - A 62-year-old Berkeley woman who has been missing for several days was last seen swimming in an Oakland bay.
- Court rules against late Raiders owner, wife in tax fight Updated: Jan-25-16 2:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court has ruled against late Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis and his wife, Carol, in a fight with the IRS over about $2.5 million in tax assessments.
- Athletics thrilled with new-look bullpen heading into season Updated: Jan-24-16 6:26 pm
OAKLAND, California - As Sean Doolittle scoured the room and chatted up some of his new teammates, Oakland's bearded closer couldn't help but envision the potential of an experienced, new-look bullpen for the Athletics going into 2016.
- Former Raiders defensive end gets life in prison for murders Updated: Jan-22-16 6:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Oakland Raiders defensive end Anthony Wayne Smith was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole for the 1999 torture killings of two brothers and the 2001 slaying of another man.
- Raiders WR Cooper added to Pro Bowl as injury replacement Updated: Jan-21-16 6:19 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders rookie receiver Amari Cooper was added to the Pro Bowl as an injury replacement.
- SB 37: Bucs crush Raiders for 1st Super Bowl title Updated: Jan-20-16 9:18 pm
Super Bowl 37