- Raiders backfield thinned by injuries Updated: Dec-04-13 7:53 pm
- 9 go to hospitals after California train problem Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Athletics finalize two-year contract with Kazmir Updated: Dec-04-13 5:51 pm
- Ellsbury to Yankees, Pierzynski to Red Sox Updated: Dec-04-13 3:39 am
- Warriors rally from 27 down to top Raptors 112-103 Updated: Dec-04-13 2:11 am
- AL West champion A's make 3 trades in 2 days Updated: Dec-03-13 8:34 pm
- A's acquire outfielder Gentry, Lindblom from Texas Updated: Dec-03-13 3:18 pm
- Doug Fister dealt to Nats, Jim Johnson to A's Updated: Dec-03-13 12:34 pm
- A's acquire closer Johnson, add starter Kazmir Updated: Dec-03-13 1:17 am
- A's acquire closer Jim Johnson from O's Updated: Dec-03-13 1:17 am
- Undrafted receivers holding up well for Raiders Updated: Dec-02-13 7:48 pm
- 'Preferred' pronouns gain traction at US colleges Updated: Nov-30-13 5:34 am
- Raiders' collapse similar to 2012 Updated: Nov-29-13 6:14 pm
- Ted Lilly retiring at 37 after 15 seasons Updated: Nov-29-13 4:14 pm
- McFadden expected to play for Raiders Updated: Nov-27-13 9:23 pm
- Truckers protest outside Port of Oakland Updated: Nov-27-13 4:10 pm
- Metal debris causes major BART delays Updated: Nov-26-13 11:50 pm
- Police: 7 wounded in shootings near Oakland park Updated: Nov-26-13 2:11 pm
- Winter deals show the advantage of building from within Updated: Nov-26-13 12:18 pm
- Man: No fear trying to catch woman at stadium Updated: Nov-25-13 9:30 pm
- A's acquire lefty Abad from Nationals Updated: Nov-25-13 4:33 pm
- A's, Raiders reach new stadium lease agreements Updated: Nov-25-13 2:48 pm
- John Crisp: Too much noise undermines the national ability... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- Fitzpatrick leads Titans past Raiders 23-19 Updated: Nov-24-13 8:47 pm
- Raiders TE Rivera leaves with head injury Updated: Nov-24-13 5:25 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders may have to reach way down on the depth chart to fill out their backfield for Sunday's game in New York.
OAKLAND, California - A San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit train's emergency brakes malfunctioned Wednesday, stranding hundreds of passengers in a tunnel and sending at least nine people to hospitals, officials said.
OAKLAND, California - If those independent league road trips weren't humbling enough for Scott Kazmir, starting over from square one with his delivery and mechanics sure did the trick.
OAKLAND, California - Thirty minutes after fueling Golden State's largest fourth-quarter comeback in more than 50 years, Klay Thompson pointed to a halftime speech by teammate Jermaine O'Neal as the difference.
OAKLAND, California - Billy Beane is busy dealing in December once again.
OAKLAND, California - Craig Gentry is committed to doing what he can to help the Athletics win another division crown in 2014.
NEW YORK - On a night usually dominated by news of players let loose, the Washington Nationals and Oakland Athletics filled pitching needs with trades.
OAKLAND, California - In one productive day, Athletics general manager Billy Beane filled two important pitching voids.
ALAMEDA, California - Rod Streater and Andre Holmes are perfect examples of how things have changed with the Oakland Raiders in the post-Al Davis era.
OAKLAND, California - The weekly meetings of Mouthing Off!, a group for students at Mills College in Oakland, California, who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, always start the same way. Members take turns going around the room saying their names and the personal pronouns they want others to use when referring to them - she, he or something else.
ALAMEDA, California - Dennis Allen's second season as coach of the Oakland Raiders is starting to look a lot like his first - and that's not necessarily a good thing.
OAKLAND, California - Ted Lilly would have loved to keep pitching - if his body would allow him to start every fifth day, and if he could stay off the disabled list.
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden went through a light practice Wednesday and will play against Dallas on Thanksgiving Day.
OAKLAND, California - Truck drivers and their supporters picketed at the Port of Oakland on Wednesday over an impending deadline to upgrade their trucks to meet clean air standards and what they said were long wait times to pick up loads.
OAKLAND, California - Metal debris on a Bay Area Rapid Transit track in Oakland caused major delays during Tuesday's evening commute.
OAKLAND, California - Seven men were wounded, one critically, when gunfire erupted on an Oakland street and continued for several blocks, police said.
Though the amount of money being thrown around baseball continues to astonish, there probably won't be a more eye-popping contract handed out this offseason than the four-year, $53 million deal the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to with infielder Jhonny Peralta.
OAKLAND, California - The injured man authorities say saved a woman's life after she jumped from the third level of the Oakland Raiders' stadium said Monday that he's no hero and he would do it again.
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics acquired left-hander Fernando Abad from Washington on Monday and sent Class A outfielder John Wooten to the Nationals.
Listen up, if you can still hear me.
OAKLAND, California - With one drive to determine whether Tennessee or Oakland would move right into the thick of the AFC playoff race, Ryan Fitzpatrick stepped up for the Titans.