- A's lefty reliever Doolittle gets 5-year deal Updated: Apr-18-14 5:03 pm
- Teen sentenced in Oakland toddler's killing Updated: Apr-18-14 1:40 pm
- Prosecutors seek death penalty in sleepover death Updated: Apr-17-14 8:37 pm
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th Updated: Apr-17-14 3:57 am
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th Updated: Apr-17-14 3:27 am
- Angels' bullpen blows another lead in loss to A's Updated: Apr-16-14 3:57 am
- AC Transit officer accused of stealing from church Updated: Apr-15-14 8:25 am
- BART resumes after person removed from under train Updated: Apr-14-14 9:40 pm
- Oakland officials launch campaign to rebrand city Updated: Apr-14-14 3:04 pm
- Newspaper: Bay Bridge rusting in critical areas Updated: Apr-13-14 1:49 pm
- Doctor indicted for selling unnecessary drugs Updated: Apr-11-14 11:04 pm
- Expanded replay might make for better manners Updated: Apr-11-14 3:59 am
- Faried's shot lifts Nuggets over Warriors 100-99 Updated: Apr-11-14 2:32 am
- Demolition of old Bay Bridge span hits milestone Updated: Apr-09-14 3:08 pm
- Man gets 6-month sentence for recycling fraud Updated: Apr-09-14 12:19 am
- Tech mogul donates $100M to 2 children's hospitals Updated: Apr-08-14 7:11 pm
- San Francisco Bay Area bike-share could expand Updated: Apr-08-14 12:39 pm
- A's win series with Seattle to close homestand Updated: Apr-06-14 8:14 pm
- Woman's body found near Oakland's Lake Merritt Updated: Apr-05-14 4:52 pm
- 47 new officers start on the beat in Bay Area city Updated: Apr-05-14 3:29 pm
- Mariners-A's postponed because of soggy field Updated: Apr-05-14 12:06 am
- Mariners call up pitching prospect Dominic Leone Updated: Apr-04-14 9:08 pm
- Children's hospital offices damaged by fire Updated: Apr-04-14 7:03 pm
- Brief power outage on Oakland airport runways Updated: Apr-04-14 8:26 am
- Man gets 400 years for firing on CHP officers Updated: Apr-03-14 7:46 pm
OAKLAND, California - Reliever Sean Doolittle has received a five-year contract from the Oakland Athletics, a deal that contains a pair of club options that could extend the agreement through the 2020 season.
OAKLAND, California - An 18-year-old convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of a toddler during the filming of a rap video in Oakland has been sentenced to 25 years to life in state prison.
OAKLAND, California - Alameda County prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty for a man accused of fatally shooting an 8-year-old Oakland girl during a sleepover.
ANAHEIM, California - Chris Iannetta swung the bat like a guy who definitely didn't want to catch one more inning.
ANAHEIM, California - After the bullpen blew a lead in spectacular fashion for the second straight night, not even Mike Trout's late homer could rescue the Los Angeles Angels from another disheartening loss.
OAKLAND, California - Prosecutors say the chief financial officer for the Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has been arrested on suspicion of embezzling more than a half-million dollars from his East Oakland church.
SAN FRANCISCO - Bay Area Rapid Transit officials say service is returning to normal after a passenger was rescued alive from underneath a train in San Francisco.
OAKLAND, California - Oakland tourism officials are spending $195,000 to try to shed the city's reputation for crime and blight to attract more visitors.
SACRAMENTO, California - Some cable sections and rods on the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge are rusting, and engineering experts say it could lead to structural damage if the corrosion worsens, a newspaper reported Sunday.
OAKLAND, California - A San Francisco Bay Area doctor who met patients at Starbucks, Burger King and other chain restaurants has been indicted by a federal grand jury for allegedly selling prescriptions to patients who didn't need them.
OAKLAND, California - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona calmly exited the dugout on opening night and approached home plate umpire Mike Winters with a rather polite request that he review a collision at the plate.
SAN FRANCISCO - Crews demolishing the old eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay have hit a milestone.
OAKLAND, California - A San Francisco Bay Area man is facing a 6-month jail sentence for his role in a scheme to haul 1,800 pounds of empty aluminum cans from Washington to California and trade them in for cash.
SAN FRANCISCO - A technology mogul and his wife are donating $100 million to two San Francisco Bay area children's hospitals for new facilities, doctors and research.
OAKLAND, California - A bicycle sharing program popular in San Francisco and Silicon Valley could soon expand to the East Bay.
OAKLAND, California - Jim Johnson spent the first week of the season making adjustments after a pair of surprising results in his new uniform.
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say they are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found outside a city recreation center near Oakland's Lake Merritt.
OAKLAND, California - Nearly four dozen new police officers will soon start walking their beats on the Oakland streets, as the California city's embattled department welcomes its largest-ever class of recruits to graduate from its police academy.
OAKLAND, California - Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon walked toward shortstop and his right foot sunk some two inches, causing him to turn his right ankle. That was minor, yet everybody involved in the postponed game between the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics on Friday night feared the worst if they had tried to play on a rain-soaked field.
OAKLAND, California - Right-hander Dominic Leone, a top pitching prospect in the Mariners organization, was called up from Triple-A Tacoma on Friday for his first stint in the majors.
OAKLAND, California - A fire that that burned a San Francisco Bay Area building housing the administrative offices of a children's hospital is being investigated as an arson.
OAKLAND, California - Five planes were rerouted to different runways after lights on some landing strips went dark at Oakland International Airport.
OAKLAND, California - A man who hoped to start a violent revolution in 2010 was sentenced to more than 400 years in prison for opening fire on California Highway Patrol officers.