- W.Va. hospital loses poor-patient rate request Updated: Nov-29-13 2:31 pm
- Beckley to keep uptown hole, develop vacant site Updated: Nov-27-13 9:32 am
- WV State Police arrest 32 linked to meth labs Updated: Nov-22-13 11:13 am
- Southern W.Va. schools set anti-bullying campaign Updated: Nov-16-13 9:46 am
- Equipment maker sues W.Va. billionaire's companies Updated: Nov-10-13 3:43 pm
- Hospice helps families cope with death Updated: Nov-09-13 11:22 am
- Judge tosses 2nd Alpha lawsuit by miner's families Updated: Nov-08-13 8:55 am
- Body IDed as missing Charleston man Updated: Nov-05-13 6:02 pm
- Caterpillar to close W.Va. highwall miner plant Updated: Nov-05-13 6:28 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Beckley hospital's bid to have the state recalculate reimbursement rates for treating low-income and indigent patients has been rejected by the West Virginia Supreme Court.
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Beckley officials have decided to develop an uptown hole left by a fire that destroyed three buildings.
BECKLEY, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say they've arrested 32 people in the southern part of the state on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine in the past month.
BECKLEY, West Virginia - When Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin abruptly left his team amid allegations of harsh taunting from teammate Richie Incognito, media reports didn't hesitate to call it bullying.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A coal mine equipment maker and seven companies owned by West Virginia billionaire Jim Justice are involved in a legal dispute over payments.
BECKLEY, West Virginia - It may be an empty chair at the table, a song the person sang, a favorite Yuletide activity. Holiday traditions can trip up those recovering from the loss of a significant person in their lives, says Jewell Field, a Hospice of Southern West Virginia bereavement support specialist. "Especially if it's the first holiday after the loved one has passed, it's a very difficult time."
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by relatives of three men killed in the Upper Big Branch mine disaster who claimed that Alpha Natural Resources failed to pay them each $1.5 million as promised under a settlement with the federal government.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Police in Kanawha County say a body found in a shallow grave in Raleigh County is that of a missing Charleston man.
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Caterpillar Inc. is closing a highwall miner plant in southern West Virginia and moving production to a facility in Pennsylvania.