- West Virginia doc sentenced in drug, health care fraud case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:48 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A Beckley pain clinic doctor has been sentenced to eight years in federal prison for illegally prescribing a controlled substance and submitting false health care claims.
- Mobile app to give self-guided tours of scenic byway Updated: Apr-27-16 6:50 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An organization has created a mobile app that will give people self-guided tours of a 44-mile scenic byway near Beckley.
- Raleigh County official encourages 'yes' vote for fire levy Updated: Apr-18-16 11:51 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A Raleigh County official is urging residents to vote in favor of a new fire levy.
- In new book, coal miners tell stories in their own words Updated: Apr-16-16 11:46 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - For decades, coal communities bustling with miners and their families filled the landscape of southern West Virginia.
- WVU board OKs $2.3M engineering lab for new Beckley campus Updated: Apr-16-16 11:30 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University's Board of Governors has approved plans to build a $2.3 million engineering lab building at its new Beckley campus.
- State Supreme Court affirms murder conviction of Donald Dunn Updated: Apr-14-16 12:37 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals has affirmed a Beckley man's conviction for the shooting death of his stepfather and attempted killing of his mother.
- West Virginia man pleads guilty in connection with home fire Updated: Apr-12-16 6:48 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A West Virginia man has pleaded guilty in federal court to aiding and abetting arson and conspiracy to tamper with a witness.
- Ex-teacher in West Virginia sentenced for child sex abuse Updated: Apr-11-16 4:04 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A former teacher at a Beckley music school has been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison for sexually abusing a young student.
- The Latest: Ex-coal chief appeals in mine safety case Updated: Apr-07-16 4:20 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Latest on former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship's sentencing (all times local):
- Beckley ice plant experiences melt down: No injuries in fire Updated: Apr-05-16 10:12 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An ice business north of Beckley went up in flames, requiring three crews to extinguish the blaze.
- Economic report indicates West Virginia is in recession Updated: Apr-01-16 2:44 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - New findings from an economic index indicate that West Virginia is in a recession.