- Falmouth man's murder trial postponed Updated: Mar-11-14 6:29 am
- Inmates exploit security shortcomings for tryst Updated: Mar-10-14 4:56 pm
- Portland homeless medical clinic gets grant Updated: Mar-10-14 6:46 am
- Cumberland inmate sexual tryst under investigation Updated: Mar-10-14 6:35 am
- Portland man dies after Windham collision Updated: Mar-10-14 5:53 am
- Maine police say man seriously injured in crash Updated: Mar-09-14 12:26 pm
- Snowmobile crash kills Massachusetts man in Maine Updated: Mar-08-14 10:17 am
- Portland gets more time on panhandling appeal Updated: Mar-08-14 9:29 am
- Oil in Canada concerns Maine environmentalists Updated: Mar-06-14 7:04 pm
- Canada regulator approves reversing pipeline flow Updated: Mar-06-14 6:22 pm
- Maine's Sen. Collins submits nominating petitions Updated: Mar-06-14 2:10 pm
- All Maine-born babies to get $500 for college Updated: Mar-06-14 1:18 pm
- Lewiston man pleads guilty to pill thefts Updated: Mar-06-14 6:20 am
- Man pleads guilty to Maine, NH bank robberies Updated: Mar-05-14 6:23 am
- A workshop targets veterans and military personnel Updated: Mar-04-14 8:56 am
- Maine lobster catch again tops 100 million pounds Updated: Feb-28-14 6:44 pm
- Police: Man sold drugs next to Portland school Updated: Feb-28-14 7:16 am
- Major expansion of Portland cargo facility planned Updated: Feb-27-14 5:04 pm
- Cause of Portland student's death still a mystery Updated: Feb-27-14 7:01 am
- RR gets OK to end service to baked bean plant Updated: Feb-26-14 11:35 am
- Nova Scotia gives $2M to help Maine ferry company Updated: Feb-26-14 11:15 am
- Maine rated 'severe' in winter misery index Updated: Feb-25-14 5:43 pm
- Open space debate continues in Portland, Maine Updated: Feb-25-14 8:28 am
- Maine bills seek 'narrow' network explanations Updated: Feb-23-14 11:39 am
- Maine diocese passes audit Updated: Feb-22-14 3:43 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The trial of a Falmouth man charged with fatally shooting his mother has been postponed because lawyers were unable to select a jury out of a pool of more than 100 people.
PORTLAND, Maine - Cumberland County Jail officials say inmates used cardboard from toilet paper rolls to jam cell locks, enabling a female inmate to sneak from her cell into the male cellblock for a sexual encounter with an inmate there.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Portland medical clinic for the homeless has received a grant that will allow it to stay open beyond its scheduled April 1 closing.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Cumberland County sheriff is investigating a security breach at the county jail in which a female inmate sneaked out of her maximum security cell for a sexual encounter in a male inmate's cell.
WINDHAM, Maine - Police say a Portland man injured in a head-on car crash in Windham has died.
PORTLAND, Maine - Police in Portland, Maine are investigating an accident that seriously injured a 75-year-old pedestrian.
NEW PORTLAND, Maine - Police say a Massachusetts man was killed when he tried to cross a Maine road on his snowmobile and was hit by a pickup truck.
PORTLAND, Maine - The city of Portland is getting a 30-day extension to give it more time to decide whether to appeal a federal judge's rejection of a ban on panhandlers in traffic medians.
PORTLAND, Maine - Environmental groups say a decision by the Canadian National Energy Board shows how a crude oil pipeline could be repurposed to export large amounts of oil through the Maine city of South Portland.
TORONTO - Canada's National Energy Board approved Thursday a plan by Enbridge to reverse the flow of a pipeline that would allow for Western Canadian oil to be transported to Eastern Canada.
PORTLAND, Maine - Republican Sen. Susan Collins, who's seeking a fourth term, has filed her nominating petitions with Maine elections officials.
PORTLAND, Maine - A scholarship program aimed giving every Maine newborn a $500 college savings down payment will begin automatically enrolling babies, ensuring the money is available to all of the 12,000 or so children born each year in the state, officials said Thursday.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Lewiston man has pleaded guilty to stealing packages of prescription drugs sent to veterans while he worked for United Parcel Service.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Berwick man has pleaded guilty in federal court to participating in a series of bank robberies in New Hampshire and Maine.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine workshop for veterans and current members of the U.S. military is targeting individuals seeking jobs.
PORTLAND, Maine - The state's lobster catch brought in a record $364.5 million last year and the size of the catch topped 100 million pounds for a third consecutive year, according to state figures that indicate the fishery remains robust.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine police have arrested a man they say was selling crack cocaine from a home right next door to an elementary school.
PORTLAND, Maine - State officials have announced plans to double the size of Portland's shipping container terminal and link it to a rail line to help it compete with other major East Coast ports.
PORTLAND, Maine - An autopsy on a senior at a Portland high school who died days after having routine oral surgery did not reveal the cause of his death, and additional tests are needed.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Surface Transportation Board is allowing a railroad to end service on track serving the B&M baked beans plant in Portland.
PORTLAND, Maine - Nova Scotia's government is providing $2 million to help a ferry operator meet federal requirements in the U.S. so tickets can be sold for service between Halifax and Portland, Maine.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's largest city is the only one in New England to get a winter ranking of "severe" in a new misery index.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Portland City Council is considering an ordinance to protect open spaces, but not the park whose potential sale triggered a similar protection effort by citizens.
AUGUSTA, Maine - When Roberta Lane went to her local hospital emergency room, where the doctors she's seen for years practice, she was shocked to find out her insurance wouldn't cover treatment.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland is in full compliance with nationally mandated child-protection policies for 2012-2013.