- Plan for Portland Co. complex leaves out industrial building Updated: Aug-27-15 1:18 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Developers of a historic Portland property have unveiled new images of their plan, including brick facades, office space and a waterfront plaza.
- Group turns over donor list from gay marriage fight in Maine Updated: Aug-24-15 5:35 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The president of a hedge fund contributed $1.25 million to the National Organization for Marriage's efforts to defeat Maine's gay marriage law in 2009, providing more than half of national anti-gay marriage group's donations during the campaign, according to a campaign disclosure report.
- Couple finds it hard to live in Maine due to tiny home laws Updated: Aug-24-15 12:55 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - A married couple who built a one-room house on wheels is looking for a place to put it in Maine.
- Portland man killed by drinking buddies, court records say Updated: Aug-24-15 12:48 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Court records unsealed by a Maine judge say a Portland man who was found dead in his apartment was beaten, kicked and bashed in the head with furniture by drinking companions.
- Annual Maine Lighthouse Ride set for Sept. 12 Updated: Aug-23-15 9:50 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - More than 1,000 cyclists will ride up to 100 miles on Sept. 12 as part of one of the most popular bicycling events in northern New England.
- Maine seaweed festival to highlight state's growing industry Updated: Aug-23-15 8:52 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine festival hopes to show the public that the future is here, and it's covered in seaweed.
- Man found guilty of posing as officer to coerce prostitutes Updated: Aug-22-15 9:11 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Westbrook man has been convicted of posing as a police officer to intimidate prostitutes into having sex with him for free.
- Man pleads not guilty in drug deal stabbing, shooting Updated: Aug-21-15 7:07 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - A 19-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he took part in a botched drug transaction at a South Portland recreational complex.
- Police: Woman made false sex assault claim Updated: Aug-21-15 4:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Police say a woman who recanted reports of being sexually assaulted on the Back Cove walking trail in Portland has been charged with filing a false report.
- Group of elected officials support Portland mayor challenger Updated: Aug-19-15 4:21 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A group of 11 elected officials in Maine's largest city are coming out in support of the challenger in the city's upcoming mayoral election.
- Portland group launches campaign to defeat ballot question Updated: Aug-19-15 4:02 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A group of Portland residents is working to fight a ballot question members say could halt development in the city.
- Hannaford settling labor department case, paying fine Updated: Aug-19-15 2:16 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The Hannaford supermarket chain is settling a dispute with the federal Department of Labor with a promise to institute new worker protection standards at two distribution centers.
- FBI offers $20k reward for 2 stolen N.C. Wyeth paintings Updated: Aug-18-15 3:34 pm
BOSTON - The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for help in finding two N.C. Wyeth paintings stolen from a home in Portland, Maine.
- Lobster population is shifting north; ocean warming blamed Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The lobster population has crashed to the lowest levels on record in southern New England while climbing to heights never before seen in the cold waters off Maine and other northern reaches - a geographic shift that scientists attribute in large part to the warming of the ocean.
- Nova Scotia officials to decide this week on ferry service Updated: Aug-17-15 4:04 am
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia - Nova Scotia officials say they plan to make a decision this week on whether to keep the Nova Star ferry or switch to another company for next summer.
- Friends of Casco Bay wrapping up search for new baykeeper Updated: Aug-16-15 11:45 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The environmental organization, Friends of Casco Bay, is almost finished collecting applications for a new baykeeper to help protect Maine's Casco Bay.
- Portland officials identify body of man found dead in water Updated: Aug-14-15 1:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials in Portland are identifying a man whose body was discovered by a city worker in the water near Ocean Gateway Terminal.
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine urging safety after fatal crashes Updated: Aug-14-15 4:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine group that advocates for road safety says it is urging better protections for cyclists and pedestrians in the wake of two fatal car crashes.
- Portland, Maine, police arrest 3 in connection with death Updated: Aug-13-15 5:46 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police say three men have been arrested in connection with the killing of a 49-year-old city man.
- Man dies after getting stuck on sandbar during incoming tide Updated: Aug-12-15 3:03 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine man has died after he was trapped on a sandbar during an incoming tide off Hills Beach in Biddeford.
- Hillary Clinton to make presidential campaign stop in Maine Updated: Aug-12-15 2:40 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is planning to swing through Maine next month.
- Portland, Maine, police investigating suspicious death Updated: Aug-12-15 12:47 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police are investigating the death of a 49-year-old city man that they say appears to be suspicious.
- Officials: Saco woman trapped after tree falls on car Updated: Aug-12-15 7:14 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say a Saco woman was trapped in her car and suffered minor injuries in South Portland after a giant maple tree fell on her car during a rainstorm.
- Mitchell, King to host discussion on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Aug-11-15 1:59 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Independent Sen. Angus King and former Democratic Senate leader George Mitchell are hosting a forum to discuss the international nuclear deal with Iran.
- National Guard, police to train in Portland, Maine Updated: Aug-10-15 4:10 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine National Guard and Portland Police Department are conducting a joint training exercise in Maine's largest city.