- Portland, Maine, school board in no hurry to find new leader Updated: Jun-30-15 11:46 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The school board in Maine's largest city will not rush to fill the position that will become vacant when the current superintendent leaves for a new job in Kentucky.
- Police: Portland man arrested in connection to burglaries Updated: Jun-30-15 6:11 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Portland man has been arrested and charged in connection with a string of burglaries over the past two weeks.
- Filming of holiday movie is a wrap in Maine Updated: Jun-28-15 9:28 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A movie that will debut on TV in time for the holiday season has wrapped up filming at Portland's Victoria Mansion and at locations in York and Kennebunkport.
- Murray State's Cameron Payne, Oklahoma City seem a good fit Updated: Jun-27-15 5:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - In an NBA draft full of stars from the likes of Kentucky, Duke and Wisconsin, Cameron Payne's pedigree enticed the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Maine equality backers tout role of Portland's Mary Bonauto Updated: Jun-26-15 12:35 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Advocates for marriage equality in Maine are celebrating the role played by Portland resident Mary Bonauto, the attorney who represented same-sex couples in the case that on Friday extended gay marriage nationwide.
- Maine's large metro area bucks national commuting trends Updated: Jun-26-15 10:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Workers in Maine's largest metropolitan area enjoy shorter commuting times than the national average despite the area's status as an employment hub for the state.
- Maine environmental group seeks new baykeeper for Casco Bay Updated: Jun-26-15 4:05 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Environmental organization Friends of Casco Bay is looking for a new baykeeper to advocate for Maine's Casco Bay.
- 13 rural Maine businesses to receive energy grants Updated: Jun-25-15 6:25 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Thirteen rural Maine businesses are receiving grants for energy projects.
- College will keep Portland armory acquired in land swap Updated: Jun-25-15 4:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - University of New England officials say they intend to keep a Portland armory building the school is acquiring from the Maine Army National Guard in a land swap.
- Tribal leader: Casino bill failure widens rift with state Updated: Jun-24-15 6:01 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - An American Indian tribal leader says the failure of a bill to create a tribal casino in northern Maine widens the rift between the tribes and state leaders.
- Final negotiations coming in Portland landlord's plea deal Updated: Jun-23-15 6:02 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Final negotiations will take place next week for a plea deal on potential criminal charges against the landlord of a Portland building where six people died in a fire last year.
- Fastest rising rents in US? Jackson, Mississippi Updated: Jun-23-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Home rental prices are climbing across much of the United States - with the biggest gains coming from not from New York or San Francisco but Jackson, Mississippi, and Portland, Maine.
- 2 credit unions offer $10K reward for robbery information Updated: Jun-23-15 7:10 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Two Portland credit unions have combined to offer a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the man suspected of robbing several area banks.
- Nonprofit planning to study cost of restoring historic fort Updated: Jun-22-15 7:20 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A nonprofit organization is planning to commission a study to look into the cost of restoring a Civil War-era fort in Portland that would also outline how repairs would be carried out.
- Maine's community banks see spike in commercial loans Updated: Jun-21-15 2:25 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Community banks in Maine are seeing a spike in commercial lending activity as businesses owners turn from big banks to local ones.
- Maine organizations plan gathering in response to shooting Updated: Jun-21-15 11:20 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Several organizations in Maine are planning a gathering to honor of nine church members shot to death in South Carolina.
- Portland to gather in response to Charleston shooting Updated: Jun-20-15 2:01 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - City and church leaders in Portland will be gathering to honor the lives lost in the church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina and to call for an end of violence and the proliferation of racism.
- Developer threatens to sue Portland, Maine Updated: Jun-20-15 11:57 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The developer of a much-anticipated residential and retail development in Portland is threatening to sue the city after officials said the purchase agreement for the property had expired.
- Pride Portland! Parade is Saturday in Maine's largest city Updated: Jun-20-15 8:20 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's largest gay pride event is getting started in Portland.
- Portland, Maine, looking for solar projects around city Updated: Jun-19-15 4:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's largest city is releasing a public bid that offers up rooftops in the city for projects that generate solar-powered electricity.
- FairPoint workers to picket against planned layoffs Updated: Jun-18-15 5:59 am
PORTLAND, Maine - FairPoint Communications workers unhappy with planned layoffs at the telecommunications company are planning to picket in Portland.
- Portland man loses appeal to have 38-year sentence reduced Updated: Jun-18-15 5:41 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Portland man who said racial bias was a factor when a Superior Court judge sentenced him to 38 years in prison for fatally shooting his roommate has lost his appeal to have his sentence reduced.
- Man's donation of kidney in response to sign on car complete Updated: Jun-16-15 4:20 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials at a Maine hospital say doctors have completed a kidney transplant for a woman whose donor was found through an ad posted on her car window.
- City to use $450,000 for legal defense against lawsuit Updated: Jun-16-15 4:23 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - South Portland City Council members are agreeing to use $450,000 to defend its Clear Skies ordinance against a lawsuit.
- ITNAmerican celebrating its 20th anniversary Updated: Jun-15-15 1:37 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A program founded in Maine that allows seniors to trade in their vehicles in exchange for rides is celebrating its 20th anniversary this week.