- A game plan: More hunters donating meat to the hungry Updated: Nov-25-15 12:47 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The amount of meat being donated by hunters to a Maine program that provides food to charity groups and hungry families has grown exponentially in recent years.
- King to host event focusing on prescription painkillers Updated: Nov-24-15 4:00 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Angus King is convening a second round table discussion focusing on the state's opiate epidemic.
- Correction: Syrian Refugees-Maine story Updated: Nov-22-15 5:00 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - In a story Nov. 21 about a resettlement program for Syrian refugees in the U.S., The Associated Press erroneously reported the position of state Rep. Sara Gideon. Gideon is the Maine House assistant majority leader, not the majority leader.
- Hearing delayed for landlord in Portland fire that killed 6 Updated: Nov-20-15 10:16 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The owner of an apartment house in Portland where six tenants died is returning to court soon - but not Friday,
- South Portland man gets 10 years in road rage shooting Updated: Nov-20-15 4:36 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A South Portland man who pleaded guilty to a charge that he shot at a vehicle in traffic and fled into the woods has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars.
- Remaining 2 NC Wyeth paintings stolen in 2013 are recovered Updated: Nov-19-15 7:33 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A pair of stolen N.C. Wyeth paintings worth up to $500,000 apiece have been recovered and will be displayed in Maine along with four other stolen paintings recouped nearly a year ago in California, officials said Thursday.
- Portland man pleads guilty to 2 armed bank robberies Updated: Nov-19-15 11:21 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Prosecutors say a 59-year-old Portland man pleaded guilty in federal court to an armed bank robbery charge stemming from a pair of October heists.
- SMCC to formally dedicate Midcoast Campus in Brunswick Updated: Nov-19-15 4:02 am
BRUNSWICK, Maine - Southern Maine Community College is formally commemorating its campus at the former Brunswick Naval Air Station.
- Ferry operator wants another $2M from Nova Scotia Updated: Nov-18-15 4:28 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The company that operated a ferry that ran between Portland, Maine, and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, says the Canadian province owes it $2 million.
- Man admits stealing more than $400K from police credit union Updated: Nov-18-15 1:35 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Portland man has pleaded guilty in court to embezzling more than $400,000 from police credit union accounts.
- Westbrook's triple-double leads Thunder past 76ers 102-85 Updated: Nov-13-15 11:51 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Brett Brown saw it coming,
- Missing water taxi found on beach, captain still missing Updated: Nov-13-15 1:47 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Marine Patrol says a missing water taxi has been discovered on a Kennebunk beach but that the operator remains missing.
- WEX to eliminate positions, restructure IT department Updated: Nov-12-15 5:52 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Payment technology company WEX Inc. has announced that it is eliminating 80 positions at its South Portland location.
- Officials: Old Port magazine didn't violate election rules Updated: Nov-11-15 11:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials from the city of Portland and the Maine Ethics Commission have ruled that Old Port magazine didn't violate election rules by publishing a story that opposed a question on the Nov. 3 ballot.
- Portland accepting proposals on municipal broadband network Updated: Nov-10-15 1:26 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's largest city is seeking proposals to build a municipal network that would offer affordable high-speed broadband to residents and businesses.
- Portland man sentenced to 11 years for crack conspiracy Updated: Nov-10-15 4:52 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Portland man will spend 11 years in prison for conspiring to distribute crack cocaine in the city.
- Hickson, Mudiay help Nuggets hold off Trail Blazers, 108-104 Updated: Nov-10-15 12:48 am
DENVER - Emmanuel Mudiay nitpicked his performance even after hitting two big free throws in the closing seconds and blocking a critical shot.
- Amy Schumer apologizes to fans who say show was too short Updated: Nov-09-15 4:50 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Amy Schumer is apologizing to fans who feel shortchanged by the brevity of a standup comedy show she did in Maine.
- Portland cops handing out pot citations despite legalization Updated: Nov-09-15 12:08 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police have issued several citations for possession of small amounts of marijuana despite a city ordinance legalizing recreational use of the drug.
- Portland claims ferry service owes city more than $150,000 Updated: Nov-07-15 12:55 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland officials claim Nova Star Cruises owes the city more than $150,000 for a loan extended last year that they say hasn't been repaid.
- Portland police warn residents after release from prison Updated: Nov-06-15 5:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police are warning the public about the release of a prison inmate with a history of indecent acts.
- Teen pleads guilty to sending threats to school officials Updated: Nov-06-15 6:37 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine teenager who police say sent two threatening emails to a school district that closed school for three days last year has pleaded guilty.
- Campaign to raise Maine' minimum wage tops 90K signatures Updated: Nov-05-15 4:02 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Supporters of a proposal to raise Maine's minimum wage have more than enough signatures to put the issue on the statewide ballot.
- The Latest: Maine voters bolster clean election law Updated: Nov-03-15 11:42 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The latest on the Maine election. (All times local.)
- Maine voters pass campaign finance reform, $100M in bonds Updated: Nov-03-15 10:45 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - In a victory for advocates of clean elections, Maine will bolster public campaign finance laws weakened by a 2011 U.S. Supreme Court ruling because of voters' passage of a referendum on Tuesday.