- New York man gets 21 years for drug trafficking in Lewiston Updated: Apr-28-16 6:43 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Brooklyn, New York, man has been sentenced to serve more than two decades in prison for trafficking crack cocaine and heroin throughout the Lewiston area.
- Serial bank robber admits to robbing 4 in Portland in 2015 Updated: Apr-28-16 6:38 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A 26-year-old convicted bank robber from Maine has admitted to robbing four additional banks last year in federal court in Portland.
- Religious order says Portland high school must change name Updated: Apr-27-16 7:03 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Sisters of Mercy have mandated that Catherine McAuley High School must change its name when the Portland school ends its affiliation with the Catholic Church in July.
- Portland, Maine, bans travel to Mississippi, North Carolina Updated: Apr-26-16 10:59 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland, Maine, is banning all non-essential travel of city employees to states that enact legislation that discriminates against the gay and transsexual communities.
- Residents of Maine town push to ban plastic bags Updated: Apr-26-16 10:03 am
FREEPORT, Maine - Activists in Freeport, Maine, want the town to become the second in the state to ban disposable plastic grocery bags.
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Updated: Apr-25-16 2:06 am
DALLAS - Kevin Durant suddenly, and reluctantly, found himself at the center of a conversation over whether Oklahoma City's rough-and-tumble series with Dallas was out of control.
- FEMA giving $31K to Portland Fire Department Updated: Apr-23-16 8:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is giving the fire department in Maine's largest city a grant of more than $31,000 through the Assistant to Firefighters Grant Program.
- Flights from Portland to Bar Harbor, Long Island in works Updated: Apr-22-16 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - An airline plans to add direct flights from Portland International Jetport to Bar Harbor and Long Island, New York, later this spring.
- Maine home sales, prices heat up in early 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 11:04 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sales of houses and the prices of homes are both rising in Maine.
- Nova Star ferry service files for bankruptcy in Canada Updated: Apr-21-16 3:47 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A financially beleaguered ferry service that carried passengers between Maine and Nova Scotia has filed for bankruptcy in Canada.
- Police: Man who shot himself with flare gun critically hurt Updated: Apr-21-16 2:48 pm
FREEPORT, Maine - Authorities in Maine say a Portland man is in critical condition after he shot himself in the head three times with a flare gun.
- South Portland delays final vote on pesticide ban Updated: Apr-21-16 3:15 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The City Council in South Portland has postponed a final vote on a partial ban on pesticides that would limit the use of chemicals on lawns and gardens.
- Solar power supporters face long odds against LePage veto Updated: Apr-20-16 8:00 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine solar power advocates face long odds as they work to persuade enough Republican lawmakers to switch their votes on a high-profile solar bill and override an almost-certain veto by Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
- Maine Public Broadcasting Network to offer classical station Updated: Apr-20-16 12:51 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Public Broadcasting Network plans to launch a separate classical music service this spring.
- Attorneys question Portland jail's opinion on inmate's death Updated: Apr-20-16 6:54 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Attorneys say jail officials believe the autopsy of a recently deceased Cumberland County Jail inmate will show that he died of an overdose after a drug-filled balloon burst inside his intestines.
- Police investigating vandalism at South Portland cemetery Updated: Apr-18-16 6:39 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Police have confirmed that several headstones at a cemetery in South Portland were vandalized at some point over the weekend.
- Tentative agreement reached between Portland, ferry company Updated: Apr-18-16 12:29 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland has reached a tentative agreement with the operators of a ferry to Nova Scotia on a schedule.
- Patriots' Day 5-miler draws several hundred runners Updated: Apr-17-16 9:20 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Several hundred runners are participating in Maine's oldest road race.
- Budget plan includes $7M to move, expand Portland VA clinic Updated: Apr-15-16 1:03 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A spending bill approved by the U.S. Senate's Appropriations Committee includes about $7 million to relocate and expand a veterans' outpatient clinic in Portland, Maine.
- Portland Sea Dogs install metal detectors Updated: Apr-15-16 12:44 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Portland Sea Dogs are following the lead of Major League ballparks by installing metal detectors to screen fans entering the ballpark.
- Parent company of Barber Foods seeking public stock offering Updated: Apr-13-16 4:18 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The parent company of Maine-based Barber Foods is preparing to take the company public, a move that could affect its Portland plant.
- Proposal seeks to raise age for buying tobacco in Portland Updated: Apr-13-16 6:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A proposal that would raise the minimum legal age to buy tobacco in Portland from 18 to 21 will be heard by city council later this month.
- Maine police on lookout for missing porcupine sculpture Updated: Apr-12-16 9:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine police are on the lookout for a prickly piece of art.
- Senate endorses bill to establish presidential primaries Updated: Apr-11-16 10:58 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Senate is endorsing a bill to establish presidential primaries in the state.
- Baseball America survey names Portland best road city Updated: Apr-11-16 1:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Baseball America says Portland has been voted the "Best Road City" in baseball's minor leagues.