- Ex-State Police chief denies sex charges Updated: Apr-17-14 5:55 am
- Lawyer disciplined after 'robo-signing' scandal Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Cutler tax plan focuses on lowering property taxes Updated: Apr-15-14 12:50 pm
- Use of tobacco barred at Fort Williams Park Updated: Apr-15-14 6:28 am
- Church leaders wash feet in ritual outdoors Updated: Apr-13-14 8:28 am
- University of Southern Maine reverses faculty cuts Updated: Apr-11-14 4:59 pm
- Maine-Nova Scotia ferry to finish first voyage Updated: Apr-11-14 4:01 pm
- Police investigate 'suspicious device' in Portland Updated: Apr-11-14 1:23 pm
- Maine Medicaid rules reduce narcotic prescriptions Updated: Apr-10-14 1:34 pm
- New rules credited for strong Maine scallop season Updated: Apr-09-14 5:19 pm
- Maine House OKs scaled-back drug enforcement bill Updated: Apr-09-14 5:11 pm
- Schooner to begin restoration in Portland Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 am
- Health care access preserved for Portland homeless Updated: Apr-08-14 7:52 am
- Maine project would track species via satellites Updated: Apr-08-14 4:59 am
- Eco fuel presented in Maine expo Updated: Apr-08-14 4:55 am
- Police: Woman drove 124 mph with kids in car Updated: Apr-07-14 5:56 am
- Harden's 39 lead Rockets over Thunder 111-107 Updated: Apr-05-14 1:30 am
- Man wants $140, broken Maine ATM spits out $37,000 Updated: Apr-04-14 6:41 pm
- Harsh winter trims Maine deer herd, cuts permits Updated: Apr-04-14 1:37 pm
- Gubernatorial candidate Cutler makes roads pitch Updated: Apr-01-14 5:55 pm
- From newcomer to Festival International director Updated: Apr-01-14 12:49 pm
- Ex-Brunswick pastor sentenced to probation Updated: Apr-01-14 5:52 am
- Mustache festival held in Maine's biggest city Updated: Mar-29-14 9:40 am
- Mass. rapist admits to federal charges in Maine Updated: Mar-28-14 5:58 am
- Correction: Health Overhaul-Lobstermen story Updated: Mar-27-14 3:56 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A former Maine State Police chief has pleaded not guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a 4-year-old relative.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine panel has disciplined a lawyer accused of mishandling the response to the disclosure that home foreclosure documents were being signed without first being verified, a practice known as "robo-signing."
PORTLAND, Maine - As the legislative session nears a close, independent Eliot Cutler sought to refocus attention Tuesday on the three-way governor's race with a property tax relief proposal that would slash taxes for homeowners while attempting to shift some of the tax burden onto visitors, possibly through a seasonal sales tax.
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Visitors to Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth will soon face fines if they smoke or use tobacco products on park grounds.
PORTLAND, Maine - Church leaders in Maine will wash the feet of immigrants and homeless individuals as part of a ritual imitating a biblical scene symbolic of humility.
PORTLAND, Maine - The president of Maine's second-largest university is backing off 12 faculty layoffs that prompted weeks of protests.
PORTLAND, Maine - The new ferry that will connect Maine to Nova Scotia is nearing the end of its first journey after traversing thousands of miles of ocean from where it was manufactured in Singapore.
PORTLAND, Maine - Police say they have reopened a section of a downtown street in Maine's largest city after closing it for several hours to investigate a suspicious device in connection to a robbery.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's severe restrictions on opioid painkillers for Medicaid patients, requiring many to instead seek alternative pain management treatment for the past year, have sharply reduced the number of people obtaining highly addictive medications blamed for drug abuse and deaths around the nation.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's four-month scallop season that ended in March apparently will be the state's strongest in years, despite a harsh winter and new regulations unpopular with some fishermen, preliminary data show.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House of Representatives has given initial approval to a revised version of Republican Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to provide more money for police to combat illegal drugs that adds money for drug treatment.
PORTLAND, Maine - A 125-foot schooner is coming through Portland - not by sea, but by land.
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials in Portland expect a smooth transition as a city-run health care clinic for the homeless scales back operations, while another nonprofit clinic picks up the slack.
PORTLAND, Maine - A research project from two Maine marine science centers proposes to predict the movements of species in the Gulf of Maine and provide seasonal forecasts for the lobster industry.
PORTLAND, Maine - State officials and experts on alternative heating sources are meeting in the Maine city of Portland.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Cornish woman is facing charges after police say she was caught on radar driving 124 miles per hour with two young children in her car.
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets are heading to the playoffs for the second straight year and believe wins like the one they picked up Friday night will help them when they get there.
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - A malfunctioning ATM at a bank in Maine has dispensed $37,000 in cash to a man who requested $140.
PORTLAND, Maine - This year's harsh winter culled Maine's deer herd, which will reduce the number of hunting permits the state issues for the fall hunting season, state officials said Friday.
PORTLAND, Maine - Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler called for improved roads, cellular service and Internet access during the first major policy announcement of his campaign on Tuesday.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Jeremiah and Missy Paschke-Wood and their daughter, Penelope, knew Lafayette was right for them even though moving here meant starting over in at least a half dozen different ways. Their cat, Hercules? He just came along for the ride.
PORTLAND, Maine - The former pastor of a Brunswick church has been sentenced to two years of probation for receiving nearly $150,000 in federal benefits while also collecting a salary.
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's largest city is celebrating the mustache this weekend.
PORTLAND, Maine - A convicted rapist who eluded Massachusetts authorities for 34 years while living a quiet life in Maine before he was caught and sentenced last year has pleaded guilty to federal charges related to his years as a free man.
PORTLAND, Maine - In a story March 22 about how Maine lobstermen are responding to the federal health insurance law, The Associated Press erroneously reported on factors considered when determining subsidies for insurance policies. Assets, including the boats lobstermen own, do not factor into the determination of subsidies.