- Forecast: Northern New England won't see record cold Updated: Feb-13-16 10:22 am
GRAY, Maine - Northern New England is braced for bitter cold but not looking at setting any records, according to the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
- US adds Blazers' Lillard to Olympic basketball roster pool Updated: Feb-10-16 4:02 pm
Portland guard Damian Lillard has been added to the U.S. national basketball team pool, giving the Americans 31 players for 12 spots.
- Wall has to work for recognition among top NBA point guards Updated: Feb-10-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Fresh off scoring 51 points against the Washington Wizards, reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry praised John Wall, who dropped a quiet 41 against the Warriors.
- Nonprofit works to make sure students don't go hungry Updated: Feb-10-16 3:05 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - A local nonprofit is working to ensure that students in the South Portland area don't go hungry during an upcoming break in classes.
- Grants to help rural jobs, entrepreneurship in rural Maine Updated: Feb-09-16 4:25 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Commerce will send $640,000 to spur job creation in rural Maine.
- Reborn Maine mill town offers lessons amid refugee crisis Updated: Feb-08-16 4:55 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - The arrival of thousands of Somali refugees in this former mill city in the nation's whitest state sparked a backlash at first, complete with a rally of white supremacists and a pig's head rolled into the local mosque.
- Portland gets more than 100 Congress Square redesign bids Updated: Feb-05-16 4:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials in Portland say they have received more than 100 submissions in response to the city's request for redesign ideas for Congress Square Park.
- Navy ship eyed for Maine-to-Nova Scotia ferry service Updated: Feb-04-16 4:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The new operator of a ferry service between Maine and Nova Scotia is having such a hard time finding a vessel that it's asking the U.S. Navy for help.
- Airline to add more flights from Portland to Florida Updated: Feb-04-16 7:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - An airline that offers direct flights from the Portland International Jetport to Florida will offer more flights in April.
- Bob Elliott, of comic duo Bob and Ray, dies at 92 Updated: Feb-03-16 8:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Bob Elliott, half of the enduring television and radio comedy team Bob and Ray, has died, He was 92.
- Developer submits plans for residential building in Portland Updated: Feb-03-16 7:02 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A developer has submitted plans for a six-story residential building in Portland.
- Newspaper sells property to raise money for new press Updated: Feb-03-16 5:01 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The owner of the Portland Press Herald has sold and then leased back the building that houses a printing plant to raise money for a new press.
- Man gets 10 years in prison for robbing credit union Updated: Feb-02-16 4:38 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A man whose parents recognized his picture from a surveillance camera image after he robbed a Portland credit union has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- NH man accused of shooting wife due stands trial in Maine Updated: Feb-01-16 12:39 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Jury selection is underway in the trial of a New Hampshire man accused of breaking into a Maine home and shooting his wife and another person.
- UPS driver gets probation for stealing veterans' pills Updated: Jan-27-16 3:28 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine UPS driver who pleaded guilty to stealing prescription drugs intended for military veterans has been sentenced to two years' probation.
- Police: no one injured when car crashed into office building Updated: Jan-27-16 4:31 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police say the motorist who crashed into the AAA of Northern New England building was not a student driver.
- Honors student denies shooting Scarborough man as he slept Updated: Jan-26-16 6:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A 17-year-old high school honor roll student has denied charges that he broke into a Scarborough home and shot a 47-year-old man twice while he was asleep in his family room.
- Maine police: Cab driver fled from passenger who fired shots Updated: Jan-24-16 10:00 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Police in Maine say a man faces multiple charges after he allegedly threatened a cab driver and fired shots from a handgun.
- Manu scores 20, Spurs spoil Kobe's 81-pt anniversary, 108-95 Updated: Jan-23-16 1:52 am
LOS ANGELES - Before tipoff, Manu Ginobili was unaware the San Antonio Spurs were facing the Lakers on the 10th anniversary of Kobe Bryant's 81-point performance.
- State police charge Windham man in wife's fatal shooting Updated: Jan-22-16 9:48 pm
WINDHAM, Maine - State police have charged a Windham man in connection with the fatal shooting of his wife at their home.
- Safety concerns prompt greeting change at Planned Parenthood Updated: Jan-22-16 1:07 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Planned Parenthood of Northern New England's clinic in downtown Portland will temporarily use paid staffers to replace volunteer greeters to help patients find their way around anti-abortion protesters.
- 2 in New Hampshire plead guilty to bank robberies Updated: Jan-21-16 3:57 pm
Augusta, Maine - Two New Hampshire residents face up to 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to armed robbery charges stemming from a string of bank robberies last year in Maine and New Hampshire.
- South Portland officials decide against propane moratorium Updated: Jan-21-16 1:23 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - South Portland officials have decided against a six-month moratorium on the development of propane storage and distribution facilities.
- Pass the dogfish nuggets? Seafood industry rebrands 'trash' Updated: Jan-21-16 9:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Call them fish sticks for millennials. At any rate, Dana Bartholomew is banking on college students warming up to "Sharck Bites."
- Portland to host second major flower show in 2017 Updated: Jan-21-16 5:27 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say the city of Portland is poised to host two major flower shows in the coming years.