- Boston man gets prison for taking 3 to work as prostitutes Updated: May-22-15 11:13 am
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a 28-year-old Boston man has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison for aiding and abetting the interstate transportation of women for prostitution.
- Portland school evacuated because of smoke Updated: May-22-15 10:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say a Portland, Maine, middle school has been evacuated because of smoke.
- Portland, Maine, police find body washed up near East End Updated: May-22-15 10:47 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police say they are investigating the discovery of a woman's body that washed up on the shore near the city's East End.
- Maine attorney pleads guilty to child pornography charges Updated: May-22-15 7:38 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Portland lawyer has been sentenced to three months in jail as part of a plea deal in his child pornography case.
- Portland attorneys OK request for referendum on water views Updated: May-22-15 4:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland city attorneys say a citizens group's proposal for a referendum to protect scenic waterfront views in the city is suitable for a citywide vote.
- Man dies in motorcycle crash in Portland Updated: May-21-15 9:10 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A motorcyclist is dead after he crashed into a tree and the bike caught fire in Portland.
- Curry, James unanimous selections to All-NBA first team Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's Stephen Curry, the league MVP, and LeBron James are the only unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team.
- Police: 1 dead in Portland motorcycle accident Updated: May-21-15 6:44 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Police are investigating a fatal motorcycle accident in Portland.
- Transgender teen who won lawsuit receives Maine award Updated: May-21-15 4:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A transgender teen whose lawsuit over bathroom access went to the Maine state supreme court is one of several people and organizations honored by the Maine Women's Fund.
- Maine panel holds hearing on marijuana legalization bills Updated: May-20-15 11:44 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Legislature's Criminal Justice Committee is holding a public hearing on two bills that could legalize recreational marijuana use in the state.
- Biddeford man gets almost 6 years in prison on drug charges Updated: May-19-15 6:32 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Biddeford man who sold crack cocaine and heroin in the Lewiston area has been sentenced to almost six years in federal prison.
- Police: Woman crashes car through Dunkin' Donuts window Updated: May-18-15 1:50 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say no injuries were reported after a driver crashed her car into the glassed-in dining area of a Dunkin' Donuts on Main Street in South Portland.
- Lawyers to link farmers, food workers with legal services Updated: May-17-15 8:33 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A group of lawyers is holding an event in Portland to introduce farmers and food industry workers to legal services.
- LePage administration wants to expand welfare drug testing Updated: May-16-15 9:07 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage wants to further crack down on drug use by welfare recipients by eliminating food stamps and cash payments to families for recipients with a drug conviction. He also wants to require screenings that could result in drug testing for all participants in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program.
- Amtrak Downeaster misses traffic threshold for safety system Updated: May-15-15 4:14 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A safety system that could have prevented the deadly Amtrak derailment in Philadelphia is not installed on Amtrak's Downeaster service route because it does not meet traffic requirements.
- S. Portland, Augusta join cities debating city minimum wage Updated: May-15-15 11:13 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - South Portland and Augusta are joining two other Maine municipalities considering local minimum wages that exceed the statewide minimum.
- Police: Man robs credit union in Portland Updated: May-14-15 5:08 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Police are looking for a man who robbed a credit union in Portland.
- Maine to release parasitic flies to control moth damage Updated: May-14-15 4:26 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine scientists say they will release parasitic flies in an attempt to control damage to trees and shrubs by winter moths.
- Police look for 2 men in armed Portland supermarket robbery Updated: May-14-15 11:10 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Police in Portland, Maine, are looking for two men who victims say robbed them at gunpoint in the parking lot of a Hannaford supermarket.
- Maine panel votes against fishing pact with tribes Updated: May-13-15 5:37 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine legislative committee recommended Wednesday that the state not approve a request from a group of American Indian tribes for shared management of commercial fish species.
- Maine building where man fell to death passes inspection Updated: May-12-15 6:01 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Building inspectors in Portland, Maine, say an apartment building where a man fell to his death has passed its latest inspection.
- Maine homeless advocates protest emergency shelter closure Updated: May-12-15 1:58 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland homeless advocates plan to lay out 75 foam mats in City Hall Plaza to call attention to the loss of overflow shelter space.
- Maine man sentenced to 9 years for child porn, extortion Updated: May-11-15 5:31 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Westbrook man will spend nine years in prison for transporting child pornography and making extortion threats.
- Man who recorded boys in bathrooms gets 6 years in prison Updated: May-11-15 5:16 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A 20-year-old Portland man who recorded boys using public bathrooms has been sentenced to six years in prison for child pornography.
- Woman scheduled to enter plea in double-fatal crash Updated: May-11-15 11:49 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine woman who was driving when her car crashed, killing her 16-year-old son and her boyfriend, is scheduled to enter a plea in the case.