- Branstad vetoes school spending, mental health deal Updated: Jul-02-15 11:46 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad announced a series of budget vetoes Thursday, using his powerful pen to cross out $55.7 million in one-time education funding as well as a bipartisan deal to keep two state mental health institutes open.
- Mental health institutes effectively closed, future unclear Updated: Jul-01-15 1:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two state mental health institutes have been effectively closed, even though an aide says Gov. Terry Branstad is still reviewing whether to approve a legislative compromise to continue funding the facilities.
- Iowa lawmakers reiterate support for Mount Pleasant facility Updated: Jun-23-15 5:14 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - A handful of Iowa lawmakers have reiterated their support for keeping open a state mental health facility in Mount Pleasant.
- South Dakota woman killed in crash, Iowa patrol says Updated: Jun-22-15 8:35 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - Authorities say a 48-year-old South Dakota woman has been killed in a southeast Iowa highway crash.
- Nearly 500 tractors expected in Eastern Iowa Tractorcade Updated: Jun-08-15 6:47 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa - Nearly 500 vehicles are expected to join the Great Eastern Iowa Tractorcade this year.