- Much at stake in last ACL preliminaries Updated: Apr-21-14 12:11 am
- Jeonbuk Motors beats Guangzhou Evergrande 1-0 Updated: Apr-02-14 10:03 am
- Climate change responses to shape Asia's future Updated: Apr-01-14 6:16 am
- Costs of climate change steep but tough to tally Updated: Mar-31-14 8:19 am
- UN panel: Warming worsens food, hunger problems Updated: Mar-31-14 5:28 am
- Global warming dials up our risks, UN report says Updated: Mar-30-14 11:29 pm
- UN science report: Warming worsens security woes Updated: Mar-30-14 2:01 am
- UN panel: 8 reasons to worry about global warming Updated: Mar-29-14 1:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - With so many spots still up for grabs in the knockout rounds and so many clubs in contention, the Asian Champions League is raising its profile with an intensely tight competition.
JEONJU, South Korea - Leonardo scored the lone goal as South Korean club Jeonbuk Motors beat China's Guangzhou Evergrande 1-0 in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
YOKOHAMA, Japan - Challenges such as extreme weather, rising seas and worsening scarcity of drinking water are forcing many Asian governments to confront the changes being wrought by a warming planet even as some point to rich Western nations as major culprits.
YOKOHAMA, Japan - The economic and financial impact of global warming is complex and not well understood. In some scenarios there would be economic benefits for countries that get warmer and wetter and consequently more fertile agriculturally. Drier weather in some regions would result in sharply lower crop yields.
YOKOHAMA, Japan - Global warming makes feeding the world harder and more expensive, a United Nations scientific panel said.
YOKOHAMA, Japan - If the world doesn't cut pollution of heat-trapping gases, the already noticeable harms of global warming could spiral "out of control," the head of a United Nations scientific panel warned Monday.
YOKOHAMA, Japan - In an authoritative report due out Monday a United Nations climate panel for the first time is connecting hotter global temperatures to hotter global tempers. Top scientists are saying that climate change will complicate and worsen existing global security problems, such as civil wars, strife between nations and refugees.
YOKOHAMA, Japan - If you have already read "12 Pieces of Practical Advice from Housecats," now you can move on to "8 Reasons to Worry about Global Warming."