- Serbian prime minister makes landmark visit to Albania Updated: May-27-15 2:37 pm
TIRANA, Albania - The leaders of Serbia and Albania sought to mend their thorny relations Wednesday during the first visit to Albania by a Serb prime minister.
- Albania hosts security summit on extremist recruitment Updated: May-19-15 9:34 am
TIRANA, Albania - Security officials from the western Balkans and several European Union countries were meeting in Albania Tuesday as part of a U.S. government initiative to fight European recruitment by violent Islamic groups to fight in Iraq and Syria.
- AP Interview: Clashes show Macedonian border is vulnerable Updated: May-15-15 2:22 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's foreign minister on Friday dismissed allegations that a recent battle between ethnic Albanian gunmen and police forces was linked with one of the deepest political crises the country has faced in its 24 years of independence.
- Kosovo police raid houses of suspected militants Updated: May-15-15 9:55 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo police raided several households across the country Friday, including the families of ethnic Albanians involved in last week's deadly clashes with police in neighboring Macedonia.
- EU mission helicopter crashes in Kosovo, injuring 1 Updated: May-12-15 1:19 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - A helicopter belonging to a European Union mission in Kosovo crashed Tuesday during a training flight at the country's main airport, injuring one medical evacuation worker, officials said.
- Macedonia charges 30 over weekend battle with militants Updated: May-11-15 3:10 pm
KUMANOVO, Macedonia - Macedonian authorities on Monday jailed 30 people captured in a weekend gun battle in a northern town that left 22 police and suspected ethnic Albanian militants dead, at a time of heightened political tension in the small Balkan country