- Kosovo Parliament disrupted with tear gas, again Updated: Nov-30-15 12:50 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - The opposition in Kosovo said Monday it would turn to street protests to get the government to cancel deals with Serbia and Montenegro after its lawmakers were barred from Parliament after they again broke up a session with tear gas.
- Kosovo police arrest opposition leader for Parliament unrest Updated: Nov-28-15 12:41 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Police entered the headquarters of Kosovo's main opposition party Saturday and arrested dozens of people, including one of its leaders who was wanted for the violent actions he has used to disrupt the country's Parliament.
- NATO chief: Russia interference boosts Montenegro chances Updated: Nov-20-15 9:49 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Any attempt by Russia to interfere in Montenegro's bid to join NATO would only boost the country's chances of membership, the military alliance's secretary-general said Friday
- Western powers condemn Kosovo opposition's violent protests Updated: Nov-19-15 8:08 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo's Western backers lashed out Thursday at the country's opposition parties over their "continued use of violence to achieve political goals."
- Hand grenade found at Kosovo court amid political turmoil Updated: Nov-18-15 3:32 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo's Constitutional Court said Wednesday that a hand grenade was found at its yard amid a tense political situation in the country.
- Kosovo arrests 3 suspected of terror acts Updated: Nov-16-15 9:10 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Turkey has handed over to Kosovo authorities three people suspected of being involved in terrorist groupings.
- Kosovo suspends deal giving powers to Serb-dominated areas Updated: Nov-11-15 9:36 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo's Constitutional Court has suspended a deal with Serbia that would have given more powers to Serb-dominated areas in Kosovo, an agreement that has sparked violent opposition protests for two months.
- UNESCO rejects membership for Kosovo in victory for Serbia Updated: Nov-09-15 1:27 pm
PARIS - Members of the U.N. cultural agency narrowly rejected Kosovo's bid for membership on Monday in a victory for Serbia and Russia and a blow to Kosovo's mission for global recognition as a state.
- Albania coach De Biasi includes 2 newcomers in squad Updated: Nov-09-15 10:06 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albania coach Giovanni de Biasi included two newcomers in his 24-man squad for friendlies against Kosovo and Georgia as the national team prepares for its first major tournament.
- EU: Opposition in Kosovo is blocking nation's integration Updated: Nov-06-15 9:57 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - European Union Commissioner Johannes Hahn has warned Kosovo opposition members that blocking Parliament will hamper the country's further integration into the 28-nation bloc.
- Kosovo will open consulate in downtown Des Moines Updated: Nov-04-15 11:07 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Kosovo is planning to open a consulate in downtown Des Moines later this year, becoming the first nation to establish such an office in Iowa.
- Kosovo hopes to join UNESCO; vows to protect Serb heritage Updated: Nov-04-15 3:30 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo hopes soon to get a major symbolic boost in its path to recognition as a state: membership in UNESCO.
- Top UNESCO meeting to vote on US role, Kosovo membership Updated: Nov-03-15 5:43 am
PARIS - Top diplomats are gathering in Paris for a UNESCO conference where they will decide whether to grant Kosovo membership and how much sway the United States will have in the organization.