- Review: $1B spent on transportation, with little in return Updated: May-03-15 2:46 pm
DALLAS - A review of regional transportation agencies that were established following a change in state law 15 years ago finds most have struggled to meet expectations while spending at least $1 billion in taxpayer money.
- Paul lifts Clippers past Spurs, 111-109 in Game 7 Updated: May-03-15 12:27 am
LOS ANGELES - It figured that the most entertaining first-round series in the NBA playoffs would come down to a play involving Chris Paul and Tim Duncan.
- Spurs, Clippers ready for Game 7 of 1st round series Updated: May-01-15 7:20 pm
- Federal judge upholds Texas' Alamo trademark Updated: May-01-15 7:14 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A federal judge has ruled that as the owner of the Alamo, the state of Texas also owns the shrine's image and can challenge those who use its likeness.
- Clippers beat Spurs 102-96 to force Game 7 Updated: May-01-15 2:02 am
SAN ANTONIO - The Los Angeles Clippers are aware their toughness, resolve and focus has been questioned for years. They also know there is only one way to silence that talk.
- San Antonio man guilty in Honduras sex case with girl, 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 8:43 am
HOUSTON - A South Texas man working for the Department of Defense in Honduras faces up to 30 years in prison for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
- Nevada superintendent lone finalist for San Antonio post Updated: Apr-28-15 6:41 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The superintendent-in-residence for Nevada's state education department has been named the lone finalist to become the next superintendent of the San Antonio Independent School District.
- Obama administration names 2nd group of 'Promise Zones' Updated: Apr-28-15 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday announced its second round of "Promise Zones," singling out eight economically struggling communities for special government attention as they work together to reduce poverty and crime, increase economic and educational opportunities and attract private investment.
- Valero Energy tops Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-28-15 8:04 am
SAN ANTONIO - Valero Energy Corp. (VLO) on Tuesday reported first-quarter earnings of $964 million.
- San Antonio man gets prison for lying to get citizenship Updated: Apr-27-15 11:29 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A San Antonio man has been sentenced to five years in prison and stripped of his U.S. citizenship for lying about his prior affiliation with Hezbollah, the Shiite militant group.
- Winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contests Updated: Apr-25-15 10:37 pm
- Correction: Texas Prison-Riot Report story Updated: Apr-24-15 3:16 pm
SAN ANTONIO - In a story April 23 about a federal review of a West Texas prison, The Associated Press reported erroneously that The Geo Group, a company paid to run the Reeves County Detention Center, subcontracted out the prison's health services to another company. The company that runs the prison's health services was hired by the county, not The Geo Group.
- Lawsuit: Hunger-striking immigrant moms faced retaliation Updated: Apr-23-15 8:25 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Three immigrant mothers held at a Texas detention facility filed a lawsuit Thursday alleging that they were held in isolation in retaliation for their hunger strike to protest their detention and conditions at the center.
- Spurs' Leonard selected NBA Defensive Player of the Year Updated: Apr-23-15 6:03 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Kawhi Leonard is keeping some Hall of Fame company.
- Members of 'San Antonio 4' testify as they seek exoneration Updated: Apr-22-15 10:34 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Three members of the so-called San Antonio 4, a group of women who were convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls in 1994, testified Wednesday that they are innocent.
- Ex-prosecutor wins Texas House seat for San Antonio district Updated: Apr-21-15 9:58 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A former Bexar (BEAR) County prosecutor has defeated a former San Antonio City Council member to win a runoff election to succeed state Rep. Jose Menendez.
- Texas man dies after officers twice shock him with stun gun Updated: Apr-19-15 5:32 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Police in San Antonio say a man has died after officers used a Taser twice on him while trying to arrest the individual.
- San Antonio mayor not hurt in wreck, 4 others injured Updated: Apr-19-15 2:01 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Authorities say San Antonio's mayor was not hurt but four others were injured during a traffic accident.
- Thunderstorms cause power outages, flight delays in Texas Updated: Apr-18-15 10:59 pm
HOUSTON - Storms packing winds approaching 90 mph are sweeping across parts of Texas and Oklahoma, causing widespread power outages in the Dallas area - including at a professional soccer game.
- Column: Hawks, Warriors have plenty of playoff doubters Updated: Apr-17-15 6:39 pm
ATLANTA - They won 60 games, which is the accepted NBA standard of greatness. They blew away everyone else in the Eastern Conference - including you, LeBron James.
- Splitter practices for Spurs, unclear if he can play vs LA Updated: Apr-17-15 5:51 pm
- In the NBA playoffs, No. 8 seeds always have a chance Updated: Apr-16-15 3:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Golden State Warriors know all about playoff upsets. After all, the franchise pulled off one of the biggest stunners in NBA history just eight years ago.
- Convicted bank robber who fled Texas halfway house caught Updated: Apr-16-15 1:11 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A convicted robber who fled from a Texas halfway house has been caught and faces charges of trying to hold up the same two banks he robbed in 2010.
- Decaying Christmas tree pulled from San Antonio manhole Updated: Apr-16-15 2:49 am
SAN ANTONIO - No presents were found underneath a Christmas tree that a San Antonio utility crew recently pulled from an open manhole.
- Warriors wrap up regular season with 133-126 win over Denver Updated: Apr-16-15 2:02 am
OAKLAND, California - Not hoots or hollers were heard in Golden State's locker room. No hugs or high-fives were seen, and no major celebrations were in the works.