- Human smuggling ring dismantled in South Texas Updated: Jul-30-15 7:17 pm
SAN ANTONIO - U.S. Homeland Security investigators dismantled a South Texas ring that illegally smuggled thousands of immigrants across the border from Mexico and on to other parts of the state -- often tucked in small, dangerous truck crawl spaces.
- McBride scores 25 as Stars roll past Atlanta Dream 102-85 Updated: Jul-29-15 10:27 pm
- WNBA suspends San Antonio's Danielle Adams 3 games Updated: Jul-29-15 4:38 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The WNBA suspended Danielle Adams of the San Antonio Stars for three games without pay for an unspecified violation of the league's anti-drug program.
- 14 trapped in stalled Tower of the Americas elevator Updated: Jul-28-15 7:58 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Firefighters used a pair of ladders to rescue 14 people, including two children, who were trapped in an external elevator on San Antonio's iconic Tower of the Americas.
- Lawyers: immigrant mothers coerced to wear ankle monitors Updated: Jul-27-15 7:07 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Lawyers representing immigrant mothers held in a South Texas detention center say the women have been denied counsel and coerced into accepting ankle-monitoring bracelets as a condition of release, even after judges made clear that paying their bonds would suffice.
- Police: Woman convicted for 1989 killing violates parole Updated: Jul-27-15 8:08 am
SAN ANTONIO - An 86-year-old San Antonio woman convicted of killing her former employer in 1989 has been arrested in eastern Bexar (bayr) County after police say she violated her parole.
- Missing man's wife, mother-in-law arrested in Lowndes County Updated: Jul-26-15 6:44 pm
NEW HOPE, Mississippi - Lowndes County authorities say a missing man's wife and mother-in-law are in custody.
- Pilot injured as small plane flips at South Texas airport Updated: Jul-23-15 9:19 am
SAN ANTONIO - Authorities say a pilot has been hurt when his single-engine plane flipped while preparing to take off from a South Texas airport.
- Spurs sign guard Jimmer Fredette Updated: Jul-22-15 6:11 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs have signed guard Jimmer Fredette.
- Bexar County removes Confederate plaques from buildings Updated: Jul-22-15 12:15 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Crews have taken down Confederate symbols from some buildings in San Antonio.
- Robinson, Young-Malcolm help Stars beat Fever, 80-62 Updated: Jul-21-15 3:35 pm
- Summer stars: Seth Curry among standouts in Summer League Updated: Jul-19-15 11:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - It's only Summer League.
- Danielle Robinson scores 10 in 4th, Stars snap 3-game skid Updated: Jul-17-15 10:32 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Sophia Young-Malcolm scored 18 points, Danielle Robinson had 10 of her 16 points in the fourth quarter and San Antonio beat the Tulsa Shock 65-58 on Friday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
- David West signs 1-year deal with Spurs Updated: Jul-17-15 6:57 pm
SAN ANTONIO - David West has signed his one-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs.
- Man critically injured after San Antonio home falls on him Updated: Jul-16-15 2:07 am
SAN ANTONIO - A man is in critical condition after a house he was working under fell on top of him in San Antonio.
- Former Texas judge gets 2 years in prison in corruption case Updated: Jul-15-15 5:37 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A former Texas state district judge who pleaded guilty to wire fraud in a judicial corruption case has been sentenced to two years in a federal prison under a plea agreement.
- Immigrant families released faster from detention centers Updated: Jul-14-15 7:25 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Mothers with children are being released from Texas immigrant detention centers more quickly in the weeks since the nation's top immigration official announced policy changes, with far more being given ankle-monitoring bracelets in lieu of paying bonds, according to immigration attorneys.
- Newborn beluga whale dies at SeaWorld San Antonio Updated: Jul-13-15 9:05 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A newborn beluga whale born prematurely at SeaWorld San Antonio has died.
- Whataburger takes stand against Texas' new open carry law Updated: Jul-12-15 11:55 am
SAN ANTONIO - An iconic Texas restaurant chain will not allow the open carrying of guns on its properties, and industry experts say other restaurants will likely take the same stand against a new state law legalizing the practice in many public places.
- Historical women's group ends 110-year Alamo stewardship Updated: Jul-10-15 9:41 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Flags were lowered and prayers were said in the myriad languages of the Alamo's 1836 defenders on Friday as the Daughters of the Republic of Texas ended their 110 years as custodians of the mission-turned-fortress-turned-shrine.
- Feels like home in San Antonio to LaMarcus Aldridge Updated: Jul-10-15 5:41 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge was simple and effective.
- Off-duty San Antonio police officer dies in 2-vehicle wreck Updated: Jul-10-15 2:51 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Investigators say an off-duty San Antonio police officer has died in a head-on crash that injured two children who were with him and the other driver.
- 2 convicted sex offenders free without supervision in Texas Updated: Jul-10-15 11:12 am
HOUSTON - As state officials race to fix growing legal issues over how to keep Texas' most dangerous sex predators off the streets, two convicted sex offenders have been freed without supervision - one in the Houston area and one near San Antonio.
- Autopsy: Boxer Tony Ayala Jr. died of heroin overdose Updated: Jul-09-15 5:21 pm
SAN ANTONIO - An autopsy has confirmed that boxer Tony Ayala Jr. died of a heroin overdose.
- Spurs announce signing of LaMarcus Aldridge Updated: Jul-09-15 4:48 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs announced Thursday the addition of forward LaMarcus Aldridge.