- San Antonio man indicted in string of bank robberies Updated: May-21-15 8:42 am
SAN ANTONIO - A South Texas man has been indicted in a string of bank robberies along the Interstate 35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio.
- Census says 5 Texas cities among top 10 in population gain Updated: May-21-15 7:37 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Census Bureau says five Texas cities are among the country's top 10 in population gain, and San Marcos is the fastest-growing in the nation for the third consecutive year.
- Hosts of biker events reconsider after deadly Waco shootout Updated: May-20-15 7:04 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Motorcycle clubs have gathered dozens of times at Roy Barnett's bar for meetings just like the one that led to a shootout among rival biker gangs at a Waco restaurant.
- NTSB investigating small plane crash north of San Antonio Updated: May-17-15 9:02 pm
SPRING BRANCH, Texas - Federal investigators are examining the burned wreckage of a plane to determine what caused it to crash shortly after takeoff, killing a Central Texas family.
- Column: Phelps should be at world championships this summer Updated: May-15-15 8:26 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - When the world's top swimmers head to Russia this summer for the biggest meet outside the Olympics, one important name will be missing from the U.S. team.
- Thursday results from the Texas state high school track meet Updated: May-14-15 11:39 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Thursday's results from the Texas state high school track and field championships:
- Police suspect drug overdose in boxer Tony Ayala Jr.'s death Updated: May-14-15 9:29 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Heroin and a syringe were found next to the body of Tony Ayala Jr., San Antonio police disclosed Thursday in a report that says investigators suspect a drug overdose killed the troubled boxer.
- San Antonio officer charged in 2nd shoplifting case Updated: May-14-15 8:55 am
SAN ANTONIO - A South Texas police officer charged earlier this month with trying to shoplift ammunition has been arrested again in another off-duty theft case.
- San Antonio police seek ID of dead baby found on interstate Updated: May-12-15 10:32 am
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio police are trying to identify a baby whose body was found dumped in a large bag alongside Interstate 37.
- Van de Putte, Taylor head to runoff for San Antonio mayor Updated: May-10-15 12:32 am
SAN ANTONIO - Former state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte (PYOOT) is headed to a runoff for San Antonio mayor against interim Mayor Ivy Taylor.
- Kansas doctor formerly at Texas military site gets 6 years Updated: May-09-15 9:43 am
SAN ANTONIO - A Kansas doctor who formerly worked at a San Antonio military medical center has been sentenced to six years in prison for Army contract fraud.
- Texas authorities question lawmakers in hidden video scandal Updated: May-08-15 9:02 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety has quietly begun interviewing state lawmakers, asking about a conservative group that sent shockwaves through the Legislature when it said it had secretly videotaped elected officials to try to capture them in embarrassing situations.
- With longtime powers sidelined, NBA playoffs have fresh look Updated: May-07-15 7:06 pm
Spurs and Celtics? Already eliminated.
- Some Texas universities use private firms to raise money Updated: May-07-15 5:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Texas universities are relying heavily on private marketing firms to raise tens of millions of dollars from corporate sponsors for their athletic programs.
- Virginia contractor to pay $400K in Texas military dispute Updated: May-07-15 3:28 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A Virginia defense contractor will pay $400,000 to settle a dispute about access to restricted information at a Texas military installation.
- Police investigate how cocaine pack ended up in granola bar Updated: May-07-15 10:53 am
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio police are investigating how a packet of cocaine ended up inside a wrapped Nature Valley granola bar.
- Texan who ran law firms charged with fraud, identity theft Updated: May-07-15 8:10 am
SAN ANTONIO - A San Antonio man who ran law firms in Texas, Arkansas and New Mexico has been accused of stealing settlement money and identity theft.
- Spurs facing most uncertain future ever under Popovich Updated: May-04-15 6:30 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The Spurs are facing their most uncertain future ever under Gregg Popovich.
- Review: $1B spent on transportation, with little in return Updated: May-03-15 2:46 pm
DALLAS - A review of regional transportation agencies that were established following a change in state law 15 years ago finds most have struggled to meet expectations while spending at least $1 billion in taxpayer money.
- Paul lifts Clippers past Spurs, 111-109 in Game 7 Updated: May-03-15 12:27 am
LOS ANGELES - It figured that the most entertaining first-round series in the NBA playoffs would come down to a play involving Chris Paul and Tim Duncan.
- Federal judge upholds Texas' Alamo trademark Updated: May-01-15 7:14 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A federal judge has ruled that as the owner of the Alamo, the state of Texas also owns the shrine's image and can challenge those who use its likeness.
- Clippers beat Spurs 102-96 to force Game 7 Updated: May-01-15 2:02 am
SAN ANTONIO - The Los Angeles Clippers are aware their toughness, resolve and focus has been questioned for years. They also know there is only one way to silence that talk.
- San Antonio man guilty in Honduras sex case with girl, 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 8:43 am
HOUSTON - A South Texas man working for the Department of Defense in Honduras faces up to 30 years in prison for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
- Nevada superintendent lone finalist for San Antonio post Updated: Apr-28-15 6:41 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The superintendent-in-residence for Nevada's state education department has been named the lone finalist to become the next superintendent of the San Antonio Independent School District.
- Obama administration names 2nd group of 'Promise Zones' Updated: Apr-28-15 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday announced its second round of "Promise Zones," singling out eight economically struggling communities for special government attention as they work together to reduce poverty and crime, increase economic and educational opportunities and attract private investment.