- Federal judge: Alabama counties must allow gay marriage Updated: Jul-01-15 9:08 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - With a handful of Alabama counties still refusing to grant gay marriages even as they issued licenses for straight weddings, a federal judge ruled Wednesday that all must abide by court decisions allowing same-sex unions.
- Houston Texans lineman Brandon Ivory charged in burglary Updated: Jul-01-15 4:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Houston Texans defensive lineman Brandon Ivory has been charged in what police describe as a residential burglary in Tuscaloosa.
- Alabama collector plans to auction rare Elvis recording Updated: Jun-29-15 12:34 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Years of collecting and selling vintage clothing, records and jewelry have given Lori Watts a discerning eye that's almost second-nature.
- Police seize 26 pounds of marijuana in Tuscaloosa bust Updated: Jun-27-15 10:35 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Police have seized 26 pounds of marijuana from two alleged drug traffickers in Tuscaloosa.
- Man suspected in murder-suicide had past slaying conviction Updated: Jun-22-15 2:10 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Authorities say a man who once served time for killing a woman is believed to have killed another woman before turning a gun on himself.
- Phil Campbell, Ala. embarks on hunt for men with city's name Updated: Jun-20-15 2:08 pm
PHIL CAMPBELL, Alabama - A colorful, new 10-foot-high signs in Phil Campbell Memorial Park boasts the names of cities like London, England; Coffs Harbour, Australia; Juneau, Alaska; Brooklyn, New York; and Glasgow, Scotland.
- New president seeks strategic growth at Alabama Updated: Jun-20-15 10:47 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The incoming president of the University of Alabama is looking at how to grow the state's flagship school while managing the momentum of what's already been a decade of rapid growth.
- Minor earthquake reported in western Alabama Updated: Jun-17-15 4:29 pm
EUTAW, Alabama - The U.S. Geological Survey has detected a small earthquake in western Alabama.
- Tuscaloosa city leaders consider fees on future development Updated: Jun-13-15 11:51 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa city officials are considering assessing fees for future development projects that strain the city's water and sewer systems.
- Alabama sports writers name Wilder pro athlete of year Updated: Jun-09-15 3:15 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - There is no major professional sports franchise in Alabama, a fact that Tuscaloosa native and World Boxing Council heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder sees as opportunity.
- Harper Lee misses induction into Ala. Writers Hall of Fame Updated: Jun-08-15 9:25 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - "To Kill a Mockingbird" author Harper Lee missed her induction as an inaugural member of the Alabama Writers Hall of Fame on Monday just weeks before the release of her second book.
- Wilder blocked in bid for heavyweight bout in Tuscaloosa Updated: Jun-08-15 12:54 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Deontay Wilder's fight at Bartow Area in Birmingham on Saturday night is being dubbed a homecoming for the World Boxing Council world heavyweight champion.
- Law officers investigate killing of man in Tuscaloosa County Updated: Jun-07-15 4:11 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa County law officers are seeking leads in the killing of a man in the Holt area.