- Notre Dame vice president to help with economic development Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame has hired a former Textron Inc. vice president of mergers and acquisitions to head its efforts to help grow the regional community of the South Bend-Elkhart area through strategic partnerships with the university.
- Prosise, Russell out for No. 4 Irish vs. No. 13 Stanford Updated: Nov-22-15 4:05 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame's leading rusher C.J. Prosise is doubtful with a sprained ankle for the biggest game of the season, when the fourth-ranked Fighting Irish play No. 13 Stanford on Saturday with a college football playoff berth on the line.
- Mayors discuss whether Michiana moniker is too confusing Updated: Nov-22-15 10:56 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Many people living outside of northern Indiana and southwestern Michigan have no idea where Michiana is. They won't find it on a map, either, which is why some believe a better moniker is in order.
- Auguste leads No. 18 Notre Dame past UMass Lowell 83-57 Updated: Nov-21-15 4:53 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame forward Zach Auguste didn't have to look hard to find an edge against UMass Lowell on Saturday.
- Some Indiana cities worry about impact of proposed LGBT bill Updated: Nov-20-15 5:56 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Officials in some Indiana cities with ordinances that provide protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents are worried that a bill lawmakers will consider in the 2016 session could undermine their local authority.
- Notre Dame DE Okwara sees surge in sacks in recent games Updated: Nov-19-15 3:59 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame defensive end Romeo Okwara believes his hard work is finally paying off - and it's the opposing quarterbacks who are paying the price.
- Dual-credit teachers may get extension for new requirements Updated: Nov-19-15 12:33 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana educators struggling over an impending change in requirements for high school teachers of dual-credit classes may be getting an extension.
- No. 3 Notre Dame wins 74-39 over cold-shooting Toledo Updated: Nov-18-15 9:47 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw went with a new defensive wrinkle against Toledo, which had no answer.
- Syrian family diverted to Connecticut at Indiana's request Updated: Nov-18-15 7:11 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A Syrian family that fled the war-torn country in 2011 was welcomed Wednesday to its new home of Connecticut after Indiana officials objected to plans for the refugees to resettle in their state.
- Jackson, Beachem big for No. 18 Notre Dame Updated: Nov-17-15 10:02 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame's opponents are quickly learning that, when Demetrius Jackson goes to the hoop, look out below.
- No. 5 Notre Dame looking to be aggressive against Boston Col Updated: Nov-17-15 6:02 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Just because it looks like the easy part of the schedule doesn't mean No. 5 Notre Dame is about to let up.
- Turner helps No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Bucknell 85-54 Updated: Nov-15-15 4:09 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Muffet McGraw got a milestone win at home, and that made it even better for the longtime coach.
- No. 6 Irish beat Wake Forest 28-7, Adams has 98-yard TD Updated: Nov-14-15 9:11 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Sixth-ranked Notre Dame made the most of its limited opportunities. Wake Forest didn't.
- Wake Forest squanders chances, falls to No. 6 Irish 28-7 Updated: Nov-14-15 9:08 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Wake Forest wasn't good enough to overcome squandering three scoring chances against sixth-ranked Notre Dame, especially two from the 1-yard line.
- Jackson scores career-high 27 for No. 19 Notre Dame Updated: Nov-13-15 11:16 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Demetrius Jackson deflected credit to his teammates for his big night.
- No decision yet on Notre Dame RB Prosise vs. Wake Forest Updated: Nov-12-15 7:44 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly says running back C.J. Prosise took part in football activities during practice Thursday in his return from a concussion but hasn't been cleared to play when the sixth-ranked Irish face Wake Forest on Saturday.
- Return of Day, Stanley set stage for sixth-ranked Notre Dame Updated: Nov-12-15 4:35 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame defensive tackle Sheldon Day and offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley were talking while driving home after practice recently about how their lives would have been different if they had entered last spring's NFL draft.
- Humvees are put through paces at AM General's test track Updated: Nov-12-15 2:51 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Riding up a hill in the backseat of an AM General Humvee, I felt pretty secure. It was the last obstacle we were taking the military vehicle through at the company's test track, and we had already tackled some impressive stunts.
- Toppled sculpture to return to South Bend yard Updated: Nov-12-15 10:48 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - When Roman Sysyn placed a 5-foot, 1,300-pound steel sculpture in the front yard of his Riverside Drive home in 1982, some of his neighbors were less than pleased.
- Notre Dame WR Fuller says he will be back for senior season Updated: Nov-11-15 8:39 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame wide receiver Will Fuller says he plans to return to school for his senior season.
- Notre Dame student from Maryland found dead in dorm room Updated: Nov-11-15 3:50 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - An autopsy has been scheduled to learn what killed a 20-year-old University of Notre Dame student found dead in his dorm room.
- No. 6 Notre Dame run game keeps going despite injuries Updated: Nov-10-15 5:46 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Not much has slowed the Notre Dame rushing attack this season.
- Man accused of bilking $3.9M from investors, including Amish Updated: Nov-10-15 11:47 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Federal officials are suing a northern Indiana man, saying he bilked $3.9 million from at least 70 novice investors, including many who are Amish.
- Police look into string of South Bend-area church burglaries Updated: Nov-09-15 12:05 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Police are looking into a string of break-ins at South Bend-area churches over the past two months.
- Notre Dame ROTC units plan Veterans Day vigil Updated: Nov-07-15 2:50 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - ROTC units at the University of Notre Dame plan to mark Veterans Day with a 24-hour vigil at Clarke Memorial Fountain on campus.