- 27-year-old Elkhart man fatally shot in downtown South Bend Updated: Aug-01-15 4:35 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 27-year-old man in downtown South Bend that left another man injured.
- Saint Mary's College accepting male graduate students Updated: Aug-01-15 4:23 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Saint Mary's College, a 171-year-old Roman Catholic women's college, is opening its doors to men as it starts enrolling graduate students for the first time in more than 40 years.
- South Bend Airport to build federal inspection facility Updated: Jul-31-15 7:02 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Officials at the South Bend International Airport say the facility is ready to start building a federal inspection facility on its property.
- Music and Memory program connects seniors with their past Updated: Jul-29-15 4:12 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Before he puts on his headphones, Barnabia Jones, 94, sits still in his wheelchair and doesn't have much to say when he's asked a question. When the music begins to flow into his headset, however, the Healthwin resident becomes almost another person. He closes his eyes, begins tapping his feet, and starts moving around in his wheelchair, dancing. The music clearly provides him a sense of joy.
- Indiana woman charged with arson after suicide attempt Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana woman was arrested Tuesday on charges alleging that she caused a house explosion by partially filling the home with gas during a suicide attempt.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jul-28-15 8:08 am
The Herald Times (Bloomington). July 23, 2015
- Foul-ball injury highlights delicate stadium safety balance Updated: Jul-24-15 10:53 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - For many years, the conventional wisdom goes, anyone who has filed through the turnstiles of a professional baseball stadium and sat down to take in a game on a warm summer night has also risked being hit by a foul ball or the airborne splinters of a broken bat.
- Naked gunman pleads guilty in South Bend shooting deaths Updated: Jul-23-15 9:29 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A South Bend man has pleaded guilty to shooting to death two neighboring tenants of an apartment building.
- 2 teens charged after brothers died from alcohol, oxycodone Updated: Jul-23-15 5:34 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Prosecutors have charged two northern Indiana teenagers in connection with a house party where two brothers ingested a fatal mixture of alcohol and the prescription painkiller oxycodone.
- New, expanded VA clinic due to open in Mishawaka in 3 years Updated: Jul-22-15 3:59 pm
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has approved building a new outpatient clinic in Mishawaka that will be more than three times larger than an existing clinic in South Bend it's replacing, U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly said Wednesday.
- Indiana not renewing South Bend abortion clinic license Updated: Jul-21-15 6:35 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The Indiana State Department of Health has denied the renewal of a South Bend abortion clinic's license to operate.
- ATF agents raid rural property near South Bend Updated: Jul-21-15 1:52 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Federal, state and local authorities have raided a rural property near South Bend.
- Police: South Bend man killed when tractor rolls onto him Updated: Jul-20-15 7:59 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Authorities say a South Bend man has died after a tractor that he was using to do yard work turned over on top of him.
- Foundation donates $10 million to Notre Dame libraries Updated: Jul-17-15 3:04 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A charitable foundation named after a Notre Dame graduate and former faculty member and his wife has donated $10 million to the university's Hesburgh Libraries to fund renovation and to establish an endowment to support digital library services and research projects.
- South Bent ethanol plant reopens after $100M investment Updated: Jul-16-15 2:54 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A once-idled ethanol plant in South Bend is producing and shipping the fuel again.
- Former Notre Dame coach puts house up for sale for $2.35M Updated: Jul-16-15 1:54 pm
GRANGER, Indiana - The home of former Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis is for sale at $2.35 million.
- South Bend artist busts his way into football Hall of Fame Updated: Jul-16-15 5:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Former Detroit Lions tight end Charlie Sanders died recently at the age of 68 after a battle with cancer, but his bronze bust at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, will forever serve as a reminder of Sanders' greatness.
- Judge mulls life term option in Indiana house explosion case Updated: Jul-15-15 2:12 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - An Indianapolis man will spend decades in prison after his conviction for a house explosion scheme that killed two neighbors, and prosecutors urged a judge Wednesday to make him eligible for life without parole at next month's sentencing.
- The Latest: Judge considers life term for house explosion Updated: Jul-15-15 12:36 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The latest on the case of a man convicted in a deadly home explosion in Indianapolis (all times EDT):
- Jury hears closing statements on man accused in home blast Updated: Jul-13-15 2:52 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Jurors have heard closing statements from the state and defense in the trial of a man accused of planning a 2012 home explosion gutted an Indianapolis subdivision and killed a neighboring couple.
- Rep. Young joins Senate race for seat of retiring Coats Updated: Jul-12-15 2:51 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - U.S. Rep. Todd Young has announced he will run for the U.S. Senate to replace retiring Republican Dan Coats.
- K-12 students explore genetics at Notre Dame on summer camp Updated: Jul-10-15 7:59 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The researchers carefully extract genetic material known as DNA from potato chips, cookies and other common food items.
- South Bend Cubs break all-time high attendance record Updated: Jul-10-15 6:38 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The South Bend Cubs minor league baseball team has set an all-time high single game attendance record again this year.
- Judge gives 35-year term in South Bend toddler's killing Updated: Jul-09-15 8:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana judge has sentenced a 20-year-old man to 35 years in prison in the 2014 shooting death of a South Bend toddler.
- Indiana boy, 2, dies after being found in Michigan pool Updated: Jul-07-15 1:20 pm
NILES TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 2-year-old South Bend, Indiana, boy has died after being found in a pool while visiting his grandmother in southwestern Michigan.