- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness Updated: Feb-10-16 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Outgoing Southern California athletic director Pat Haden became faint on campus Wednesday and was hospitalized to undergo tests.
- Lake-effect snow showers pound northern Indiana counties Updated: Feb-10-16 5:11 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Authorities say lake-effect snow showers reducing visibility to near zero at times have led to multiple crashes and slide-offs in northern Indiana.
- Former Indiana police officer admits striking handcuffed man Updated: Feb-08-16 8:26 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A former South Bend police officer faces up to 10 years in prison after admitting to violating the civil rights of a handcuffed man he pushed into a wall and punched in the face.
- No. 2 North Carolina loses again, falls 80-76 to Notre Dame Updated: Feb-06-16 11:15 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Coach Roy Williams blamed North Carolina's second straight loss on the same problem from its previous one: a lack of intensity.
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:48 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame did it to North Carolina again.
- IU South Bend part of effort to improve student performance Updated: Feb-06-16 3:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana University South Bend is one of 44 schools across the country participating in a new program aimed at improving the performance of first-year college students.
- Indiana county's drug overdose deaths surged to 59 in 2015 Updated: Feb-05-16 9:02 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Drug overdose deaths in northern Indiana's St. Joseph County outnumbered the county's total deaths from homicides and fatal vehicle crashes last year.
- 5 candidates in running to lead South Bend symphony Updated: Feb-05-16 5:04 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Five candidates are in the running to replace the retiring longtime music director of the South Bend Symphony Orchestra.
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:30 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Madison Cable put North Carolina State on the ropes by scoring 13 of Notre Dame's first 19 points and Brianna Turner knocked the Wolfpack out by scoring 10 points in the third quarter, including four straight baskets.
- Michigan man gets 7 years in Indiana hit-and-run fatality Updated: Feb-04-16 8:58 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A Michigan man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for a hit-and-run crash that killed a Chicago man who had just left a Notre Dame football game.
- Notre Dame signs 7 DBs to try to shore up secondary Updated: Feb-03-16 3:57 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame, hurt repeatedly this past season by big plays, tried to shore up its secondary by signing seven defensive backs among the 24 recruits added to the roster on Wednesday.
- Kelly says tight end Luatua transferring from Notre Dame Updated: Feb-01-16 8:46 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly says tight end Tyler Luatua will transfer at the end of the spring semester.
- South Bend residents seek restoration of historic fountain Updated: Feb-01-16 3:23 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Efforts are underway to restore and reopen a fountain in South Bend that stood as a city landmark more than a century ago.
- Gloves, scarves offered for free to those in need Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - If you've been around downtown South Bend, you may have noticed bags of scarves, hats, gloves and socks hanging from the trees. South Bend native and creator of the Warming Tree Project Jan Hill Edwards decided to help those less fortunate in the community by hanging these bags for anyone in need to take, especially with colder weather taking over the city.
- Pflueger finds role with No. 25 Notre Dame just in time Updated: Jan-26-16 4:12 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame freshman guard Rex Pflueger is finding a role as a dependable contributor just in time for the 25th-ranked Fighting Irish.
- Notre Dame's Jackson out vs. Syracuse with hamstring injury Updated: Jan-25-16 6:04 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame leading scorer Demetrius Jackson will miss Thursday's game at Syracuse with an injured right hamstring.
- South Bend zoo to let visitors get closer to the animals Updated: Jan-25-16 12:25 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Next time you go to the Potawatomi Zoo, if you're in the right place at the right time, you might just find yourself face-to-face with an animal - that you can touch.
- Turner, No. 3 Notre Dame women pull away from Virginia Tech Updated: Jan-24-16 3:05 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Brianna Turner scored 18 points and No. 3 Notre Dame shook off a slow start to beat Virginia Tech 80-41 Sunday.
- Irish lose Jackson but still beat Boston College 76-49 Updated: Jan-23-16 3:10 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - When Notre Dame's best player went down, Saturday afternoon, the Irish were prepared.
- Indiana volunteers donating bottled water to Flint residents Updated: Jan-22-16 7:18 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana residents are collecting bottles of water for Flint, Michigan, where high levels of lead have been found in the city's water.
- No. 3 Notre Dame tops Syracuse 90-62 Updated: Jan-21-16 9:18 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Michaela Mabrey scored 20 points, hitting six 3-pointers, to lead No. 3 Notre Dame to a 90-62 rout of Syracuse on Thursday night.
- Boy with leukemia brings out the best in softball community Updated: Jan-21-16 5:01 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - In the middle of a nightmare, Katie Rodriguez found an unlikely friend.
- Notre Dame beats Virginia Tech 83-81 Updated: Jan-20-16 11:08 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Zach Auguste saw a need to take charge Wednesday night and did so offensively, defensively - and vocally.
- Judge rejects plea for teen charged after overdose deaths Updated: Jan-20-16 12:49 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana judge has rejected a plea agreement that would have allowed a teenager to avoid prison after admitting he brought prescription drugs to a party where two brothers are believed to have fatally overdosed.
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat No. 18 Tennessee 79-66 Updated: Jan-18-16 10:55 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The Notre Dame-Tennessee rivalry is lopsided again - in the other direction.