- Bach: India not ready to bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Apr-27-15 12:20 pm
NEW DELHI - India is not ready to bid for the 2024 Olympics but could be a candidate to host the games in the future, IOC President Thomas Bach said on Monday.
- Impoverished Indian farmer kills self at rally Updated: Apr-22-15 1:02 pm
NEW DELHI - An impoverished Indian farmer died Wednesday after hanging himself in front of hundreds of other farmers who had gathered for a protest in the capital.
- Nepal's 5-time prime minister cremated with state honors Updated: Apr-17-15 10:46 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Former five-time Nepalese Prime Minister Surya Bahadur Thapa was cremated with state honors Friday near a revered Hindu temple after his death earlier this week.
- India's die-hard Hindus push to ban beef in blow to poor Updated: Apr-16-15 10:31 am
NEW DELHI - Every morning just before dawn, hundreds of trucks loaded with buffaloes trundle into New Delhi's sprawling slaughterhouse complex where young men rush to unload the bellowing cargo. Skidding on heaps of fresh dung, they pull the animals out of the trucks, herding them for the daily auction and eventual slaughter. The work is hard and the money at the end of it, poor.
- Modi blames changing lifestyles for India's rising pollution Updated: Apr-06-15 8:28 am
NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday blamed the changing lifestyles that have come with India's economic development for rising pollution levels that have given the country some of the world's dirtiest air.