- 3 detained after Dalit law student raped, murdered in India Updated: May-03-16 10:44 am
NEW DELHI - Police detained three men for questioning Tuesday in the rape and murder of a law student whose body was found mutilated in southern India, officials said.
- Indian Supreme Court extends Italian marine's stay in Italy Updated: Apr-26-16 8:43 am
NEW DELHI - India's Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed an Italian marine involved in the shooting deaths of two Indian fishermen in 2012 to continue to stay in Italy until Sept. 30.
- India asks Pakistan to curb terror groups targeting India Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 am
NEW DELHI - India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to rein in terrorist groups operating from its soil and targeting India, expressing dissatisfaction with action taken so far against suspects of an attack on an Indian air force base in January.
- Indians take to Buddhist chanting to alleviate urban stress Updated: Apr-26-16 4:43 am
NEW DELHI - The bank executive, the book publisher and the social worker had one thing in common: Their hectic lives in the crowded Indian capital had become so chaotic and stressful, they've turned to chanting Buddhist mantras in search of calm.
- Massive fire guts natural history museum in India's capital Updated: Apr-26-16 2:43 am
NEW DELHI - A massive fire Tuesday gutted the National Museum of Natural History in India's capital, one of the country's top museums, an official said.
- Delhi government bans all forms of chewing tobacco Updated: Apr-18-16 8:26 am
NEW DELHI - India's capital has banned chewing tobacco in an effort to lower the high incidence of mouth and throat cancers.
- Tiger countries agree to preserve big-cat habitats Updated: Apr-15-16 9:46 pm
NEW DELHI - Countries with wild tiger populations have agreed to do more to protect tiger habitats that are shrinking drastically because of deforestation and urban sprawl, conservationists said Friday.
- Indian capital starts restricting cars to clear air Updated: Apr-15-16 6:32 am
NEW DELHI - The New Delhi government on Friday began a second round of two-week car restrictions to reduce air pollution that has made the Indian capital the world's most polluted city.
- Bone fragments from WWII crash site returning from India Updated: Apr-13-16 2:35 am
NEW DELHI - Tiny bone fragments carry a world of significance and perhaps closure for at least one American family who lost a loved one over the mountains of India in World War II.
- 'Quantico' star Priyanka Chopra wins prestigious India award Updated: Apr-12-16 11:36 am
NEW DELHI - Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who has won global acclaim for her role as FBI agent Alex Parrish on ABC's "Quantico," received a prestigious award from India's president on Tuesday for her contribution to the Indian cinema.
- Delhi's leader ducks again, this time as shoe hurled at him Updated: Apr-09-16 9:35 am
NEW DELHI - First it was eggs and ink, and now a shoe.
- Pakistan says it's willing to wait for talks with India Updated: Apr-07-16 10:08 am
NEW DELHI - Pakistan's ambassador to India said Thursday his country would like to have a comprehensive dialogue with New Delhi to resolve their outstanding issues but is willing to wait if India isn't ready.
- Bangladesh man found in Pakistan jail dies 4 years later Updated: Apr-07-16 8:23 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A man who returned to Bangladesh four years ago from a Pakistani prison, where he spent 15 years on suspicion of being an Indian spy, died Thursday, his family said. He was 56.