- Indian flight catches fire in Nepal; no casualties Updated: Mar-08-14 7:55 am
- 66 students expelled for cheering Pakistan cricket Updated: Mar-06-14 10:21 pm
- India announces general elections to start April 7 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:13 pm
- Ink thrown at Indian tycoon accused of fraud Updated: Mar-04-14 10:21 am
- Indian anti-graft crusader quits Delhi government Updated: Feb-14-14 11:07 am
- NU announces collaboration with Indian institute Updated: Feb-12-14 4:59 pm
- Election season in India comes with freebies Updated: Feb-12-14 4:11 am
- Athletes back to India from indy in Sochi Games Updated: Feb-11-14 9:37 am
- Indian Kashmir under curfew amid separatist strike Updated: Feb-09-14 7:25 am
KATMANDU, Nepal - An Indian jetliner caught fire while landing in Nepal's capital on Saturday, but there were no casualties reported among the 170 people on board, officials said.
SRINAGAR, India - Dozens of Muslim students from the disputed Indian territory of Kashmir were expelled from their university and briefly threatened with sedition charges because they cheered for the Pakistani cricket team during a televised match against archrival India, police said Thursday, while the Indian state's elected leader called for leniency.
NEW DELHI - India said Wednesday that it will hold national elections from April 7 to May 12, kicking off a vote that many observers see as the most important election in more than 30 years in the world's largest democracy.
NEW DELHI - An assailant hurled black ink Tuesday at an Indian tycoon accused of multibillion-dollar fraud, shouting "he has cheated and robbed us" outside the country's highest court.
NEW DELHI - Anti-graft activist Arvind Kejriwal quit Friday as the top elected official in the New Delhi state government after lawmakers blocked the introduction of a bill to create a strong ombudsman in the Indian capital.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska says it's collaborating with the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi to study information assurance and cyber security.
NEW DELHI - Just before village council elections, Southern Tamil Nadu state Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha went all out to gain favor with rural voters. Schoolgirls received laptops. Farm workers got cows and goats. Homemakers were given spice grinders and fans.
SOCHI, Russia - Shiva Keshavan and two other athletes are going from indy to India at the Sochi Games.
SRINAGAR, India - Thousands of Indian troops fanned out across Indian-controlled Kashmir on Sunday, detaining about 200 separatist activists to prevent protests during a three-day strike to mark the execution anniversaries of two separatists in New Delhi, officials said.