- Charleston Southern rolls past North Greenville 41-14 Updated: Sep-03-15 10:47 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Ben Robinson ran for two touchdowns and Aaron Brown returned a fumble 53 yards for another score to lead Charleston Southern to a 41-14 win over North Greenville in the season opener for both teams Thursday night.
- SC Guard, sheriff's office conduct Greenville exercise Updated: Sep-03-15 6:13 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Residents in Greenville are being warned that the South Carolina National Guard and the Greenville County Sheriff's Office are cooperating in a mock "active shooter" exercise.
- US Rep. Jeff Duncan meets with constituents, tea party Updated: Sep-03-15 4:04 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Jeff Duncan is continuing a full slate of activities this week in his home district.
- Sen. Scott hosting field hearing at Clemson on aging Updated: Sep-02-15 4:04 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - U.S. Sen. Tim Scott is bringing a discussion on aging to Clemson University.
- Deputies: 13-year-old boy in custody in death of his mother Updated: Sep-01-15 6:23 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say a 13-year-old boy has been taken into custody in the death of his mother.
- 2 children die when SUV crashes into Greenville bank Updated: Aug-31-15 6:28 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Two children have died when an SUV crashed into a bank in Greenville and caught fire.
- Demand for concealed gun permits slowing in South Carolina Updated: Aug-30-15 12:46 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - The sharp demand for concealed gun permits that South Carolina has seen in recent years appears to be slowing.
- Hot, dry summer leads to expanding drought in South Carolina Updated: Aug-30-15 11:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Just a little more than three months ago, all of South Carolina had abundant rainfall. Now a moderate drought has spread across two-thirds of the state, according to federal officials.
- Woman charged after driving off from stop, dragging officer Updated: Aug-29-15 4:37 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - A 24-year-old woman is charged with attempted murder after driving off from a traffic stop and dragging a Greenville police officer 10 feet before crashing into a pole.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- Donald Trump returning to South Carolina for campaign event Updated: Aug-27-15 8:25 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Republican presidential primary front-runner Donald Trump is returning to South Carolina.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Aug-26-15 4:24 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Greenville deputy shoots dog that attacked, hurt 2 women Updated: Aug-25-15 10:41 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - A Greenville County sheriff's deputy has shot and killed a dog that attacked two women.
- FBI officials to hold seminar about church violence Updated: Aug-23-15 11:36 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Federal Bureau of Investigation officials will talk about violence in churches and other houses of worship during a presentation that follows the shootings at a church in Charleston.
- South Carolina Dental Association offers free dental care Updated: Aug-21-15 4:04 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Hundreds of dental professionals and volunteers are gathering in Greenville to offer two days of free dental services for those who have none.
- High school soccer player who died had previously collapsed Updated: Aug-19-15 4:38 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - School officials say a Greenville teenager who died during high school soccer tryouts had collapsed during a cross country meet a year ago but recently had been cleared to play sports by his doctor.
- Charleston Southern chasing Big South title Updated: Aug-11-15 2:45 pm
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston Southern coach Jamey Chadwell believes his team is more talented than it was his first two seasons. He's not sure yet if that means the Buccaneers can take the next step forward.
- Judge won't dismiss discrimination lawsuit against BMW Updated: Aug-11-15 12:17 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - A federal judge on Tuesday declined to dismiss a lawsuit accusing BMW Manufacturing Co. of discriminating against black job candidates with a job screening policy at its Greer manufacturing facility.
- Greenville named site of 2016 GOP presidential debate Updated: Aug-11-15 6:46 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The only Republican presidential primary debate happening in South Carolina will be held in Greenville in February, just a week before the state's GOP primary.
- Graham talking Iran, nukes at Greenville town hall meeting Updated: Aug-10-15 4:08 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Lindsey Graham is back in his home state of South Carolina this week to talk about nuclear issues involving Iran.
- County grand juries in South Carolina almost always indict Updated: Aug-09-15 12:44 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Defense attorneys said it is time for South Carolina to change its grand jury system because the panels often spend little time reviewing cases and almost always agree to indict defendants.
- South Carolina seeks NCAA events with championship ban over Updated: Aug-07-15 3:39 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina is back in the game to host predetermined NCAA championships now that the Confederate flag has been lowered from the Statehouse grounds.
- US Rep. Trey Gowdy to address Clemson summer graduates Updated: Aug-07-15 4:05 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy is addressing about 850 students receiving degrees at Clemson University's summer commencement.