- Manchester, Ashland, Bow schools win New Hampshire "EDies" Updated: May-04-15 2:34 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Schools in Manchester, Ashland and Bow are being recognized by the state of New Hampshire for excellence in education.
- NEA chairman Jane Chu to visit New Hampshire for tour Updated: May-04-15 7:11 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - National Endowment for the Arts chairman Jane Chu will spend a day visiting museums and music venues in New Hampshire.
- Pelosi keynotes New Hampshire dinner Updated: May-03-15 9:14 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi will be the keynote speaker at an annual fundraising dinner for the New Hampshire Democratic Party.
- New Hampshire high court upholds cop killer's death sentence Updated: Apr-30-15 10:37 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that a jury fairly handed down a death sentence to a man convicted of killing a Manchester police officer nearly a decade ago.
- Correction: American Indians-Stereotypes story Updated: Apr-29-15 2:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - In an Associated Press story April 24 about American Indian stereotypes, the AP erroneously reported comments by Elise Marubbio, an American Indian Studies professor at Augsburg College, about the portrayal of Lakota Indians. She said that other Great Plains tribes, such as the Comanche, but not the Lakota, were portrayed as living in Monument Valley.
- Driver crashes into fire hydrant, then wood chipper Updated: Apr-28-15 6:40 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police say a driver has suffered serious, life-threatening injuries after crashing first into a fire hydrant, then into a wood chipper attached to a pickup truck in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Armed man who prompted school lockdown sent to prison Updated: Apr-24-15 3:06 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A 21-year-old New Hampshire man who prompted a lockdown at his former high school when he went there to get a recommendation letter with a pellet gun in his waistband is heading to prison for three years.
- Man who shot cop asks for review of 60-year sentence Updated: Apr-24-15 8:25 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A man convicted of attempted murder in the 2012 shooting of a Manchester police officer has filed for a review of his sentence of 60 years to life.
- Family writes candid obituary after daughter's drug overdose Updated: Apr-22-15 12:13 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The family of a 24-year-old woman who died of a heroin overdose has written an obituary openly discussing her struggle with drugs, including a plea to "do everything possible" to help drug addicts before it's too late.
- Missouri House roll call vote on medical malpractice caps Updated: Apr-22-15 12:12 am
The 125-27 roll call Tuesday by which the Missouri House voted to send Gov. Jay Nixon a bill that would limit the amount of noneconomic damages an individual could get in medical malpractice lawsuits and raise caps on wrongful death cases.
- Missouri House roll call vote on unemployment benefit cuts Updated: Apr-21-15 2:09 pm
The 88-68 roll call Tuesday by which the Missouri House voted to send Gov. Jay Nixon a bill that would cut the number of weeks a person could receive unemployment insurance benefits.
- 25 vets head to DC to view WW II Memorial Updated: Apr-19-15 9:52 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Twenty-five World War II veterans are heading to Washington to visit the national monument to their sacrifices and the war they fought.
- Cops: Parents OD'd on heroin while giving toddler son a bath Updated: Apr-17-15 2:43 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police say the parents of a 3-year-old boy have been charged with endangering his welfare after they overdosed on heroin while giving him a bath in New Hampshire.
- Missouri House roll call vote on cutting welfare benefits Updated: Apr-16-15 5:33 pm
The 111-36 roll call by which the Missouri House voted Thursday to pass legislation limiting the amount of time that people can receive welfare benefits.
- 60 restaurants taking part in 'Taste of the Nation' event Updated: Apr-15-15 4:06 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Nearly 60 restaurants across New Hampshire are taking part in a "Taste of the Nation" event in Manchester.
- New Hampshire 'Jeopardy' contestant's streak comes to an end Updated: Apr-10-15 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire woman's winning streak on "Jeopardy" has come to an end.
- 17 people kicked out of abandoned building Updated: Apr-10-15 6:25 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - City authorities in Manchester, New Hampshire, have shut down an abandoned apartment building and kicked out 17 people squatting there after months of responding to calls for various incidents, including 11 drug overdoses.
- Accomplice in killing of Pam Smart's husband granted parole Updated: Apr-09-15 12:17 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A second New Hampshire man who helped kill Pamela Smart's husband 25 years ago in a lurid case that inspired sensational media coverage was granted parole Thursday after being warned to stay away from the victim's family at all costs.
- NH clinics treat veterans quickly, but relatively few use VA Updated: Apr-09-15 6:41 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - While Veterans Affairs facilities in New Hampshire are doing well in meeting the health system's timeliness goals, they serve only a quarter of the state's veteran population. Advocates hope a new program will direct veterans to the VA system and improve the care they receive in other settings across the state.
- Missouri House vote on veto override of school board bill Updated: Apr-08-15 2:44 pm
The 111-49 roll call Wednesday by which the Missouri House voted to override Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a local elections bill that, among other things, would bar former superintendents from serving on school boards in the districts where they had worked. A veto override requires 109 votes in the House.
- Carrying a big stick: Store clerk fights off would-be robber Updated: Apr-08-15 11:03 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police say a store clerk in Manchester, New Hampshire, used a large stick to chase off a knife-wielding man demanding cash and later confronted him again outside the store.
- Police: Mayor performed CPR on Ayotte aide after arrest Updated: Apr-08-15 10:32 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A police report says Manchester's mayor performed life-saving measures on his longtime friend and former state director for New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte for a possible drug overdose hours after the man was charged in a prostitution sting.
- Stopped driver gives police name associated with ID theft Updated: Apr-08-15 6:31 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police say a driver stopped in Manchester, New Hampshire, gave a name associated with an identity fraud report in 2013.
- Cops: Teacher posed online as student, had girl send photos Updated: Apr-06-15 4:17 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A teacher in New Hampshire has been accused of posing as a young girl on a social media site and persuading an elementary school student to share inappropriate images of herself.
- Missing Manchester boy found Updated: Apr-04-15 11:40 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police in Manchester, New Hampshire, say a missing 9-year-old boy has been found.