- Heavy rains cause slide at Winterville Mounds park Updated: Apr-30-16 2:06 pm
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - Public access is restricted at part of the Winterville Mounds Archaeological Park near Greenville after heavy rains last month caused a slope failure on the largest mound.
- State gives 2,000 smoke alarms to Greenville Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Dozens of Greenville homes deemed to be fire risks will receive smoke alarms thanks to a partnership between the Mississippi State Fire Marshal's office and the national Vision 20/20 project.
- Roll call on House passage of $415 million tax cut bill Updated: Apr-18-16 7:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House voted 73-44 Monday to approve a House-Senate plan to cut $415 million in taxes over 12 years. Supporters say the measure will return needed money to taxpayers and spur business growth. Opponents say Mississippi can't afford tax cuts with a revenue shortfall and say tax cuts haven't helped economies of other states. A yes vote was to approve the bill, while a no vote opposed that action. Voting yes were 66 Republicans and seven Democrats. Voting no were 37 Democrats and seven Republicans. Two Democrats voted present, while one Democrat and one Republican did not vote.
- After 65 years, soldier's remains return from Korea to Miss Updated: Apr-17-16 6:49 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Roy Evans tried to join the Army in the early 1950s so he could hunt for his older brother's body in Korea. The Army wouldn't let him. Now, 65 years after Cpl. Dudley L. Evans went missing in action, his remains are going home to Mississippi.
- Economic development groups look to revitalize Greenville Updated: Apr-14-16 3:54 am
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - Greenville has joined with several partners for a project aimed at revitalizing the Washington County city located in the heart of the Mississippi Delta.
- Vases stolen from headstones at Greenville cemetery Updated: Apr-04-16 7:22 am
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - Washington County authorities say several vases have been stolen off headstones from Greenlawn Memorial Garden.