- WSU presence will be Elson Floyd's legacy in Everett Updated: Jun-27-15 10:06 am
EVERETT, Washington - Elson Floyd had been Washington State University president about two years when Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson asked him in late 2009 to join forces to plant a WSU flag in the city.
- Conservation groups seek increased shoreline protections Updated: Jun-24-15 5:17 pm
SEATTLE - Three conservation groups on Wednesday petitioned the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to change how it regulates seawalls, bulkheads or other barriers to increase habitat protections along Puget Sound shorelines.
- Spieth wins a stunner at Chambers Bay for US Open title Updated: Jun-22-15 12:23 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Jordan Spieth is halfway home to the Grand Slam, a prize only three of the biggest names in modern golf have ever chased.
- The Latest: Leaders on course for final round of US Open Updated: Jun-21-15 6:05 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The latest from the U.S. Open (all times local):
- US Open hole by hole Updated: Jun-12-15 5:16 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - A hole-by-hole look at Chambers Bay, site of the 115th U.S. Open to be played June 18-21:
- Chambers Bay ready for eyes of world to see unique layout Updated: Jun-12-15 4:24 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - For the students at the nearby high school, it was simply known as the "Sand Pit," the landmark two miles down the road where they would run as part of gym class.
- Recreational crab fishing season to open 2 weeks early Updated: Jun-10-15 7:05 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - State officials say the recreational crab fishing season on Hood Canal will open two weeks earlier than originally scheduled.