- Sea lion that made strange, 50-mile trek to ranch found dead Updated: Apr-28-16 6:57 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state biologists are trying to determine what killed a sea lion that was captured and released after it was strangely found in the driveway of a cattle ranch about 50 miles from the ocean.
- WWU adopts 'real food' goal for dining halls Updated: Apr-23-16 3:05 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The idea sounds simple as pie.
- Orca tagging stops after dead whale found with fragments Updated: Apr-20-16 5:04 pm
SEATTLE - Federal biologists have temporarily stopped tagging endangered killer whales in Washington state's Puget Sound after a dead orca was found with pieces of a dart tag lodged in its dorsal fin.
- State, tribes pursue separate plans for Puget Sound salmon Updated: Apr-20-16 3:12 pm
SEATTLE - State and tribal fishery officials are pursuing separate plans for salmon fishing in Puget Sound this year after failing to agree on a joint plan.
- Gray whale spotted in Seattle's Ballard locks Updated: Apr-06-16 9:16 pm
SEATTLE - Officials say a gray whale has been spotted in and around Ballard locks in Seattle in the past couple weeks.
- Sound Transit seeks public input on $50M expansion plan Updated: Apr-02-16 10:01 am
TACOMA, Washington - The regional Puget Sound transit agency is seeking public opinions on its $50 million plan to expand light rail and other transit over the next 25 years.