- Costly, political, successful: Sochi Olympics end Updated: Feb-23-14 2:23 pm
- 5 golds? Shiffrin dreaming big for next Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 1:21 pm
- Analysis: Sochi Games, winding down: an assessment Updated: Feb-22-14 12:46 pm
- Pyeongchang ready to take the Olympic baton Updated: Feb-22-14 10:17 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Pyeongchang prepares Updated: Feb-20-14 11:31 am
- After Sochi, what's next for Winter Olympics? Updated: Feb-20-14 4:43 am
- Claudia Pechstein leaves Olympics empty handed Updated: Feb-19-14 1:17 pm
- Milestones, surprises highlight Sochi ski jumping Updated: Feb-18-14 3:10 am
- In 2018 Olympic host city, it's snowing and cold Updated: Feb-15-14 7:12 am
- Fasel will work hard to keep NHL in Olympics Updated: Feb-11-14 1:56 pm
- No talks on joint Korean team for 2018 Games Updated: Feb-09-14 1:14 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Flushed with pride after its athletes' spectacular showing at the costliest Olympics ever, Russia celebrated Sunday night with a visually stunning finale that handed off a smooth but politically charged Winter Games to their next host, Pyeongchang in South Korea.
SOCHI, Russia - You can see it in the freshness of the 18-year-old American's face, the gleam in her eye after snaring her first gold medal and the enthusiasm in her voice as she takes every question head on.
SOCHI, Russia - For organization, the Sochi Games deserve a solid 7 marks out of 10. Unless, of course, you had to shower in cold, brown water in an unfinished mountain hotel and griped about it to #SochiProblems on Twitter.
SOCHI, Russia - Even before the Sochi Games come to a close, organizers of the next Winter Olympics are promising to do them Gangwon style.
SOCHI, Russia - The Sochi Games are heading into their final weekend, so the focus will soon start turning to the next Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
SOCHI, Russia - The sheer cost, size and scale of the Sochi Olympics has outstripped anything done before. The question for future Winter Games is clear: Can anyone - should anyone - try to top that?
SOCHI, Russia - In the end, Claudia Pechstein walked away from her sixth Olympics with only a small distinction. No medal, no records, no revenge.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The men were always going to be overshadowed by the women leading into the ski jumping competition at the Sochi Olympics. After all, male athletes had flown off the jumping hill for 80 years at the Winter Games before women were finally allowed to compete.
The people of Pyeongchang can confidently promise two things when they host the Olympics: it'll be cold, and there'll be no concerns about snow.
SOCHI, Russia - Rene Fasel is on a mission to keep hockey in the Olympics as compelling and competitive as possible, and it's going to be a tougher task for the president of the International Ice Hockey Federation in the next four years.
SOCHI, Russia - South Korean organizers of the 2018 Winter Olympics say there have been no talks with North Korea about forming a joint team for the games.