- Prison guard says he fired as he was punched at biker brawl Updated: May-03-16 5:29 pm
DENVER - A corrections officer who killed a man during a shootout at a Denver motorcycle show said he fired the first shot because members of another biker group were punching and cornering him, according to police reports released Tuesday that offer a new glimpse into the chaotic brawl.
- Colorado lawmakers reject labeling marijuana as organic Updated: May-03-16 5:10 pm
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to certify organic marijuana has been rejected amid concerns the labels would imply pot is healthy.
- Broncos' Siemian trusts he'll get a shot at starting, too Updated: May-03-16 4:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Quarterback Trevor Siemian is stuck between the future and the present, a project in first-rounder Paxton Lynch and a placeholder in Mark Sanchez.
- Man dies after canoe capsizes in Colorado lake Updated: May-03-16 4:15 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - The Loveland Fire Rescue Authority says a canoe capsized on a lake north of Denver, leaving one man dead.
- Denver suburb uses pot sales tax revenue to help homeless Updated: May-03-16 2:35 pm
AURORA, Colorado - The Denver suburb of Aurora is using recreational marijuana sales tax revenue to help the homeless.
- Colorado's battle over regulating fracking shifts to ballot Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
DENVER - Colorado's battle over who should regulate fracking - and how much - now shifts to the November election after the state Supreme Court overturned attempts by local governments to impose their own rules.
- Denver Zoo euthanizes lion suffering from liver disease. Updated: May-03-16 10:54 am
DENVER - The Denver Zoo has euthanized a 3-year-old lion that had been suffering from liver disease.
- Molson Coors profit nearly doubles on Vancouver brewery sale Updated: May-03-16 10:23 am
DENVER - Beer maker Molson Coors Brewing said Tuesday that its first-quarter profit nearly doubled as it sold a brewery in Canada.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal shooting outside strip club Updated: May-03-16 5:48 am
DENVER - A man charged with fatally shooting a man outside a strip club in Denver last year has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
- Denver firefighters battling blaze find body in closet Updated: May-02-16 9:39 pm
DENVER - An investigation is underway after firefighters battling a blaze at a popular bagel shop in Denver found a body in a closet.
- US Senate hopeful Blaha tries to get name on primary ballot Updated: May-02-16 9:21 pm
DENVER - Robert Blaha is challenging a finding by Colorado's top elections official, who said the businessman did not collect enough voter signatures to put his name on the ballot for the state's Republican U.S. Senate primary.
- Mark Sanchez sees Paxton Lynch selection as endorsement Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Normally, watching the boss trade up in the first round of the NFL draft to take a player at your position wouldn't be such good news. Mark Sanchez saw it as a vote of confidence.
- Yarbrough signs as free agent with Broncos Updated: May-02-16 10:54 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Former Wyoming defensive end Eddie Yarbrough has signed a three-year free agent contract with his hometown Denver Broncos.
- Fraction of Central American migrant kids land in Rockies Updated: May-02-16 10:46 am
DENVER - A fraction of the thousands of children who've fled poverty and violence in Central America alone in recent years are now scattered across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana living with relatives and other sponsors.
- 1 person dead after fire in building near downtown Denver Updated: May-02-16 9:11 am
DENVER - Firefighters say one person is dead after a fire in a building near downtown Denver.
- 860 migrant kids from Central America landed in Colorado Updated: May-02-16 3:48 am
DENVER - A small share of the over 100,000 from children from Central America who have entered the United States without their parents have ended up living across Colorado.
- John Elway gets his quarterback without overpaying Updated: Apr-30-16 9:38 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - John Elway leaned against a wall outside the team meeting room adorned with images from the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl season and declared, "The plan is to keep picking at the bottom of the round - and there is no Plan B!"
- Pot limits for Colorado tourists could be on the way out Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 pm
DENVER - Colorado's tourists would be able to buy as much marijuana as residents, if a bill moving through the state Legislature passes.
- Lynch has always watched Manning, emulated Newton Updated: Apr-29-16 8:04 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Paxton Lynch says he long appreciated Peyton Manning, whose cleats he's hoping to fill as soon as September. It's the vanquished quarterback from Super Bowl 50, however, that he's always admired.
- Colorado's Jon Keyser makes state GOP US Senate primary Updated: Apr-29-16 1:32 pm
DENVER - Colorado Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Jon Keyser will appear on his party's primary after all, a Denver judge ruled Friday.
- Nebraska, Oklahoma join suit to halt Colorado marijuana law Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson and his counterpart in Oklahoma are joining a lawsuit aimed at halting legal marijuana in Colorado.
- Tebowmanics holding out hope of a Denver reunion Updated: Apr-28-16 5:40 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos entered the NFL draft still searching for a quarterback.
- Mercer's double in 12th lifts Pirates over Rockies 9-8 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:45 am
DENVER - Jordy Mercer's defense helped get the game to extra innings and his offense put Pittsburgh over the top.
- Von Miller confident a deal will be reached soon Updated: Apr-27-16 10:19 pm
DENVER - Von Miller declared just 12 hours after winning the Super Bowl MVP award that his contract talks this offseason were "going to be a peaceful thing" that he wouldn't fret over.
- Alaska weighing rules to allow use of pot at licensed stores Updated: Apr-27-16 9:59 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Some activists have a vision for Alaska's upstart marijuana industry that could have Anchorage looking more like Amsterdam in the years ahead.