- Fluoride debate hits Colorado's largest water utility Updated: Jul-30-15 10:04 pm
DENVER - Colorado's largest supplier of public drinking water is in the midst of a debate over how much fluoride - if any - to put into its delivery system after the federal government announced new standards in April.
- Kubiak hoping history repeats itself with Elway, Manning Updated: Jul-30-15 8:21 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Gary Kubiak sure has the blueprints.
- Colorado theater shooter went from happy boy to mass killer Updated: Jul-30-15 11:22 am
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - He flashed a toothy grin in his second grade photograph, but by the ninth grade, the smile was gone, replaced with an awkward smirk and a wild look in his eye.
- Jake Long to visit Denver Broncos on Thursday Updated: Jul-29-15 7:59 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos want to see if former No. 1 draft pick Jake Long is healthy enough to bolster their offensive line to protect 39-year-old Peyton Manning.
- Defensive end Antonio Smith rejoining Broncos Updated: Jul-28-15 8:39 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Defensive end Antonio Smith will participate in the Denver Broncos' training camp after tending to a personal matter that kept him away from the team's offseason workouts this summer.
- Colorado history class review leads to recall effort Updated: Jul-28-15 4:32 pm
GOLDEN, Colorado - Critics of a suburban Denver school board that considered reviewing a U.S. history course to emphasize patriotism are turning in signatures to force a recall election for three conservative members responsible for the push.
- Wild Animal Sanctuary visitor fee jumps from $15 to $50 Updated: Jul-28-15 4:31 pm
KEENESBURG, Colorado - The Wild Animal Sanctuary northeast of Denver has increased fees for daily visitors from $15 to $50.
- Nuggets sign 2nd-round pick Jokic Updated: Jul-28-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - The Denver Nuggets have signed 20-year-old Serbian center Nikola Jokic to a multi-year contract.
- San Francisco payroll company announces Denver expansion Updated: Jul-28-15 1:44 pm
DENVER - A San Francisco-based payroll company says it's expanding to Denver to hire 100 new employees immediately and 1,000 more in a few years.
- Man who wounded wife, killed her neighbor gets 48 years Updated: Jul-27-15 10:28 pm
DENVER - A man convicted of wounding his estranged wife, killing her neighbor and setting several makeshift explosive devices in southwest Denver has been sentenced to 48 years in prison.
- Kansan stepping down as chief of federal appeals panel Updated: Jul-27-15 12:10 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Lawrence resident has announced plans to step down as chief judge of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United to end its direct Lafayette-to-Denver flights Updated: Jul-27-15 7:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - United Airlines on Oct. 23 will discontinue its Lafayette-Denver direct flights, which opened in August to accommodate leisure travelers and Acadiana's oil and gas personnel working in Colorado.
- Broncos DE Derek Wolfe suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-24-15 4:09 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - His scary spinal injury behind him along with the ill-fitting 4-3 defense, Derek Wolfe couldn't wait for the 2015 season to get here.
- Shares in Janus Capital Group fall as assets slip Updated: Jul-23-15 4:16 pm
DENVER - Janus Capital reported higher second-quarter net income and revenue on Thursday, helped by an increase in fees for managing investments. But the amount of money Janus manages slipped from earlier in the year.
- Colorado nuns appeal birth control ruling to Supreme Court Updated: Jul-23-15 4:14 pm
DENVER - A group of Colorado nuns said Thursday they will go to the U.S. Supreme Court to appeal a ruling that allows their employees to receive birth control from a third party under the Affordable Care Act, fueling a combustible argument over contraception and religion ahead of next year's presidential election.
- Key prosecution witness refuses to testify Updated: Jul-23-15 2:17 pm
DENVER - A key prosecution witness is refusing to testify in the murder trial of Dexter Lewis, who is charged with stabbing five people to death in a Denver bar.
- Denver-area firefighters rescue teeth from Main Reservoir Updated: Jul-23-15 5:10 am
LAKEWOOD, Colorado - A Denver-area man is happily chewing his food after West Metro firefighters dove to rescue his dentures.
- Nuggets banking on big boost from Emmanuel Mudiay Updated: Jul-23-15 2:29 am
DENVER - The Denver Nuggets are banking on a big boost from an explosive 19-year-old point guard with a jumper that's still a work in progress.
- OSHA investigating Frederick tire shop after worker killed Updated: Jul-22-15 8:46 pm
LONGMONT, Colorado - The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is reviewing procedures at a Frederick tire shop following the death of an employee earlier this month.
- Denver man pleads guilty to drug charges Updated: Jul-22-15 2:56 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Colorado man has pleaded guilty to a charge stemming from flying a plane containing more than 200 pounds of marijuana into a southeast Kansas airport.
- Chipotle: Still no pork at 40 percent of restaurants Updated: Jul-21-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Chipotle says it still doesn't have carnitas at about 40 percent of its more than 1,800 restaurants, following the suspension of a pork supplier earlier this year.
- Mexican man leaves Denver church sanctuary after 9 months Updated: Jul-21-15 3:36 pm
DENVER - A Mexican man who has been living in a Denver church's basement for nine months to avoid deportation walked away Tuesday, saying immigration officials told him he is no longer a priority for deportation.
- A look at Colorado's record on the death penalty Updated: Jul-21-15 3:05 pm
DENVER - Colorado theater shooter James Holmes will be sentenced to either death or life in prison without parole after the penalty phase of his trial, which starts Wednesday. Either way, Holmes can expect to spend decades in prison. Here's a look at Colorado's record on the death penalty:
- Denver VA halts some surgeries over sterilization concerns Updated: Jul-21-15 9:08 am
DENVER - Denver's Veterans Affairs hospital is holding off on complicated surgeries and shipping reusable equipment like forceps to Cheyenne for sterilization.
- Denver to hold funeral procession for fallen firefighter Updated: Jul-21-15 5:06 am
DENVER - Scores are expected in Denver Tuesday for the funeral procession for a firefighter who died after falling through a skylight while battling a blaze in June.