- The Latest: Major developments on final legislative day Updated: May-06-15 4:22 pm
DENVER - 2:20 p.m.
- Colorado lawmakers enter last day with plenty of work to do Updated: May-06-15 2:00 pm
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers began the final mad dash to end of the legislative session Wednesday with plenty of major proposals pending in a divided Legislature, where Republicans run the Senate and Democrats control the House.
- Student testing showdown dominates end of lawmaking term Updated: May-06-15 12:11 am
DENVER - An intense debate over student testing requirements had Colorado lawmakers scrambling Tuesday to resolve long-simmering disputes over how best to reduce standardized tests.
- Denver mayor thanks supporters for 2nd term Updated: May-05-15 11:44 pm
DENVER - Denver Mayor Michael Hancock is thanking supporters for electing him to a second term.
- Judge OKs protection order for student who was stabbed Updated: May-05-15 10:46 pm
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - A judge has approved the request for a protection order involving a 14-year-old boy accused of stabbing a classmate at a suburban Denver school.
- Diamondbacks and Rockies rained out, doubleheader Wednesday Updated: May-05-15 9:05 pm
DENVER - Arizona catcher Jordan Pacheco saw the spin on the breaking pitch and drove it to the deepest part of the hallway. He roared at his long home run.
- ACLU video app for people recording police comes to Colorado Updated: May-05-15 8:59 pm
DENVER - The American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado is bringing to the state a smartphone app that has been used by tens of thousands of people elsewhere to safeguard videos they record of law enforcement officers at work.
- More rain increases flooding risk along Front Range Updated: May-05-15 6:56 pm
DENVER - A storm system bringing moderate to heavy rain to much of Colorado's Front Range is raising the risk of flash flooding.
- GOP chair touts Hispanic outreach in Colorado Updated: May-05-15 5:22 pm
DENVER - The chairman of the Republican National Committee came to Denver on Tuesday to tout Colorado as a model for how his party is reaching out to Hispanics and winning increasingly Hispanic districts without fully embracing an immigration overhaul.
- Colorado lawmakers look to study school violence Updated: May-05-15 4:29 pm
DENVER - School violence and mental health would be the subject of a study for possible legislation in Colorado with a proposal that's close to reaching the governor's desk.
- Dispute over felons in pot industry flares at Statehouse Updated: May-05-15 1:43 pm
DENVER - A dispute over felons in the marijuana business has complicated a much larger bill to renew medical marijuana regulations in the closing days of Colorado's legislative session.
- Broncos renew faith in backup QB Brock Osweiler Updated: May-05-15 1:40 pm
- Denver bar brawl turns fatal after driver runs over 2 Updated: May-05-15 12:55 am
DENVER - Police are searching for a suspect who they believe intentionally struck and killed 34-year-old Armando Rodriguez-Uribe with a pickup truck after a bar fight.
- 58-year-old Denver Zoo hippo Bertie dies Updated: May-04-15 10:55 pm
DENVER - A 58-year-old hippopotamus, the longest living resident of the Denver Zoo, has died after his advanced years deteriorated his health.
- DaVita to pay $450M to settle Atlanta whistleblower lawsuit Updated: May-04-15 9:11 pm
DENVER - DaVita HealthCare Partners agreed Monday to pay $450 million to settle a lawsuit claiming the company defrauded the federal Medicare program out of millions of dollars.
- Colorado lawmakers agree to limit odd proxy marriages Updated: May-04-15 8:40 pm
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers have agreed to limit the state's unique rules for proxy marriages in which couples are wed with only one of the people present.
- Homemade hash limits head to Colorado governor Updated: May-04-15 8:40 pm
DENVER - A ban on common procedures for making homemade hash oil is headed to the governor's desk in Colorado.
- Broncos release T Paul Cornick, WR Jeremy Kelley Updated: May-04-15 7:41 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos continued their offensive line makeover by waiving second-year tackle Paul Cornick, who started three games each at right tackle and tight end last season.
- Police look into video that ACLU calls racial profiling Updated: May-04-15 7:01 pm
DENVER - A video taken by a Colorado Springs man during a March traffic stop has gotten more than 30,000 views on YouTube and has become the subject of a Colorado Springs Police Department investigation.
- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Colorado House passes plan addressing surplus budget refunds Updated: May-04-15 4:47 pm
DENVER - Colorado House Democrats passed a plan Monday that would prevent future budget surpluses from being refunded to taxpayers, allowing the state to use the money instead for education and transportation.
- Colorado lawmakers OK bill making schools liable for safety Updated: May-04-15 2:53 pm
DENVER - Legislation to make Colorado public schools legally liable for student safety awaits the governor's signature.
- 2 injured in Denver park during Cinco de Mayo festivities Updated: May-03-15 11:48 am
DENVER - Denver police say two men were injured when a small crane at Civic Center Park fell on them Saturday during Cinco de Mayo festivities.
- Broncos stick with theme of toughness, athleticism Updated: May-02-15 8:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Grouching that the Denver Broncos hadn't gone out "kicking and screaming" in the playoffs the last three seasons, John Elway set out to toughen up a team that featured 11 Pro Bowlers but went out with a whimper.
- Broncos could be looking at QBs on final day of NFL draft Updated: May-02-15 3:06 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos may be looking at quarterbacks on the final day of the NFL draft after already picking up a pass rusher, offensive lineman and a tight end.