- Encana selling holdings in Colorado's DJ Basin Updated: Oct-08-15 9:57 am
DENVER - Encana Corp. is selling some once prized oil and gas holdings in Colorado.
- Peyton Manning on pace for career high in sacks Updated: Oct-07-15 6:56 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning's teammates are on pace to tie the 1984 Bears for the most sacks in NFL history - 72. The question Broncos fans are asking themselves is whether the 39-year-old quarterback will be standing by season's end to see it.
- Proposals for local input on oil, gas locations under fire Updated: Oct-07-15 6:24 pm
DENVER - State regulators have released proposed rules to give local governments more of a say in the location of new oil and gas wells, and they quickly came under fire Wednesday from the energy industry and environmental groups.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Oct-07-15 1:03 pm
County wants God's mercy after gay marriage ruling
- Frontier wants to downsize at Denver International Airport Updated: Oct-07-15 5:02 am
DENVER - Frontier Airlines is looking to cut back on the number of gates it leases at Denver International Airport as part of its effort to become an ultra-low-cost carrier.
- Hickenlooper creates task force on Native American mascots Updated: Oct-06-15 7:16 pm
DENVER - Gov. John Hickenlooper created a commission Tuesday to discuss the use of Native American mascots at Colorado high schools.
- Gov. Hickenlooper heading to Asia, Middle East Updated: Oct-06-15 5:02 am
DENVER - Gov. John Hickenlooper is heading on a two-week trip to Asia and the Middle East to boost economic opportunities for Colorado.
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US Updated: Oct-06-15 2:03 am
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - His father had an accurate shot. So does United States defender Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- Rare ferrets find new home on former toxic site in Denver Updated: Oct-05-15 8:55 pm
DENVER - Rare black-footed ferrets chattered angrily before dashing out of pet carriers and ducking into burrows Monday at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge - a milestone for the highly endangered animals and for the former toxic waste site on the industrial edge of Denver.
- Colorado college sued for denying Bible-themed donor plaque Updated: Oct-05-15 7:19 pm
DENVER - A graduate of a Colorado university who wanted to cite the names of Bible verses on a donor nameplate in a football locker room sued his alma mater for rejecting the request.
- Marijuana pesticide flap brings consumer lawsuit in Colorado Updated: Oct-05-15 5:27 pm
DENVER - Two marijuana users in Colorado filed a lawsuit Monday against a pot business they said used an unhealthy pesticide to grow their weed - a case that lawyers say is the first product liability claim in the nation involving the legal marijuana industry.
- Tierney gets 5-year extension at University of Denver Updated: Oct-05-15 4:53 pm
DENVER - Bill Tierney, who led the University of Denver to its first NCAA men's lacrosse championship last season, is getting a contract extension through 2022.
- Broncos show fans that defense can be fun to watch, too Updated: Oct-05-15 4:30 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Broncos fans are adjusting from the old aerial fireworks show and realizing that points are indeed precious in the NFL and that defense is pretty fun to watch, too.
- Driver arrested after crashing into Douglas County home Updated: Oct-05-15 2:39 pm
PARKER, Colorado - The driver of a car that crashed into a home south of Denver is being held in jail on suspicion of driving under the influence.
- Defense saves the day in Denver; Broncos beat Vikings 23-20 Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
DENVER - Broncos safety T.J. Ward swept around the end untouched and took a swipe at Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
- Colorado schools expand search for teachers Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 pm
DENVER - About 1,000 freshly minted teachers graduated in Colorado last year with credentials in elementary education.
- Your guess as good as forecasters' regarding El Nino Updated: Oct-03-15 9:26 am
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - You may have heard Bruce Lee is coming to Northern Colorado this winter.
- United drops daily direct flight between Denver, Panama Updated: Oct-03-15 5:00 am
DENVER - United Airlines is ending its daily direct service between Denver and Panama City, Panama due to poor performance just 10 months after it began.
- US to review Colorado prisons for Guantanamo detainees Updated: Oct-02-15 9:33 pm
DENVER - A team from the U.S. Defense Department will visit both a state and a federal prison in Colorado to assess their possible use for housing detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, senior U.S. officials said Friday.
- Fall-like temperatures, mountain snow in Colorado's forecast Updated: Oct-02-15 10:05 am
DENVER - It looks like fall has finally arrived. Cooler temperatures and mountain snow are in the forecast for Colorado.
- TNT wedding favors caused evacuation at Denver airport Updated: Oct-01-15 11:25 pm
DENVER - A wedding gift was no joke to TSA agents checking bags in a screening room at Denver International Airport.
- On Colorado mine cleanup, Superfund idea divides residents Updated: Oct-01-15 10:26 pm
DENVER - Southwestern Colorado residents told Congress on Thursday that the Gold King Mine blowout and other mines spilling acid waste into waterways could cause serious long-term damage to their tourism economy, but they disagreed on whether a federal Superfund designation would help or hurt.
- Man gets life in prison for killing Lakewood attorney Updated: Oct-01-15 10:08 pm
DENVER - A man convicted of sexually assaulting and murdering a suburban Denver attorney has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Broncos sign tackle Tyler Polumbus to bolster line Updated: Oct-01-15 10:01 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Tyler Polumbus is back among familiar faces and doesn't have to ask for directions, either.
- Colorado faces tougher limit under new smog rules Updated: Oct-01-15 4:46 pm
DENVER - The Environmental Protection Agency said metro Denver and 10 other cities have failed for seven years to meet federal smog standards, and now the government is setting even higher standards.