- Minnesota run over in 12th straight loss to Wisconsin, 31-21 Updated: Nov-28-15 8:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - More than anything on Saturday, the Minnesota Golden Gophers were hoping to walk out of TCF Bank Stadium with Paul Bunyan's Axe, a coveted trophy they have not held since 2003.
- Wisconsin beats Minnesota for 12th straight time, 31-21 Updated: Nov-28-15 8:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - There was no mad dash for Paul Bunyan's Axe, just a casual stroll over to the trophy. The Badgers knew where to find it.
- Helicopter, ATVs, horses used in search for missing man Updated: Nov-28-15 5:29 pm
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Searchers have been using a helicopter, ATVs and horses in the search for a missing college student in Monticello.
- Arboretum replaces stolen Granlund statue with another Updated: Nov-28-15 5:15 pm
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum has replaced a beloved statue that was stolen earlier this year.
- Affluent communities passed over for broadband grants Updated: Nov-28-15 3:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Affluent communities on the fringes of the Twin Cities metro area have lost out to Greater Minnesota in this year's competition for grants to subsidize broadband communications in poorly served remote locations.
- Pedestrian stuck and killed by car in Rochester Updated: Nov-28-15 1:15 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - A pedestrian has died after being struck by a car in Rochester.
- Authorities identify Austin man who died in garage fire Updated: Nov-28-15 12:42 pm
AUSTIN, Minnesota - Authorities have identified an Austin man who died in a garage fire on Thanksgiving morning.
- Police shooting, disparities spur talk of special session Updated: Nov-28-15 11:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's lawmakers and community leaders are brainstorming how to aid their state's hurting black community in a possible special session, though some acknowledge the issues may prove too weighty to take on in a one-day legislative blitz.
- Correction: Old Abduction-Meeting story Updated: Nov-28-15 9:03 am
PAYNESVILLE, Minnesota - In a story Nov. 27 about the parents of an abducted child organizing a community meeting, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Jacob Wetterling was abducted near Paynesville. He was abducted near his home in St. Joseph, which is about 20 miles from Paynesville.
- Milt Newton's odyssey from troubled kid to Timberwolves GM Updated: Nov-28-15 1:55 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Kent Amos sat in his Washington, D.C., living room 36 years ago, three lost boys standing before him.
- Wiggins scores 22 as Timberwolves beat Kings 101-91 Updated: Nov-28-15 1:38 am
SACRAMENTO, California - For a team that has struggled at home this season, the Minnesota Timberwolves have fared surprisingly well away from Target Center.
- Hellebuyck hangs on to win debut, Jets beat Wild 3-1 Updated: Nov-27-15 7:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Early in the first period of his NHL debut, Winnipeg Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck stopped a wrist shot from Minnesota's Charlie Coyle.
- Minnesota holds off Nebraska-Omaha 93-90 Updated: Nov-27-15 6:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Joey King wasn't happy about missing the last eight minutes of the first half. But he made good use of his time on the bench.
- Black Lives Matter organizer launching legislative campaign Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A leader of St. Paul's Black Lives Matter's chapter says he's running for the State Legislature.
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in VA hospital water Updated: Nov-27-15 5:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Veterans Affairs officials say they've detected the bacteria that causes Legionnaires' disease in water samples at the Minneapolis hospital.
- Some questions, answers about Minneapolis police shooting Updated: Nov-27-15 4:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The fatal shooting of a black man by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted nearly two weeks of protests and led to calls for answers as state and federal authorities continue to investigate.
- St. Cloud moves forward on plans for aquatic center Updated: Nov-27-15 2:02 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - After hitting a key fundraising goal, St. Cloud leaders say they're ready to build a long-planned aquatic center and have it open by 2017.
- Community college students, union call for president's exit Updated: Nov-27-15 12:29 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Students and staff at a Rochester community college are calling for the school's president to leave, citing excessive expenses for the school's recent centennial celebration as the latest example of her mismanagement.
- Debate continues over Lake Calhoun name change Updated: Nov-27-15 12:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - As debate picks up over whether a lake should be named for a proponent of slavery, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has affirmed its authority to make changes and a key agency official has advised Hennepin County to conduct a public hearing to discuss the matter.
- Fugitive dentist wanted in stabbing found in Minnesota Updated: Nov-27-15 5:56 am
SEVIERVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville police say the Sevierville dentist sought in the stabbing of a woman at a Knoxville motel has been found in Minnesota.
- 90 crashes on slippery Minnesota roads Updated: Nov-26-15 6:15 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota State Patrol says snow and slick roads have led to 90 crashes across the state - a number that could grow as a winter weather advisory remained in effect.
- Protesters gather for Thanksgiving meal in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-26-15 5:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Protesters and community members dined on donated pies, macaroni and cheese and traditional Thanksgiving fare Thursday outside a Minneapolis police station that has been the site of ongoing demonstrations since an officer fatally shot a black man earlier this month.
- Sisters found at ranch say they were home-schooled Updated: Nov-26-15 4:28 pm
HASTINGS, Minnesota - Some details have emerged about the lives of two Lakeville sisters who were found on a western Minnesota horse ranch more than two years after they disappeared from public view.
- Charges: Man abducted, assaulted, shackled 19-year-old Updated: Nov-26-15 2:14 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A 55-year-old man was being held on $1 million bail Thursday after authorities said he grabbed a 19-year-old man from a Minneapolis street, took him to his St. Paul home, then kept him chained up in a basement and sexually assaulted him over four days before the younger man could escape.
- Authorities identify 2 men found shot dead in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-26-15 12:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities have identified two Minneapolis men who were found shot dead in a car in a south Minneapolis parking lot.