- St. Louis County reopens abuse probe at juvenile center Updated: May-03-16 7:24 am
BUHL, Minnesota - St. Louis County social service officials say they've reopened an investigation into a child sexual abuse allegation at a juvenile correctional facility on the Iron Range.
- Bassist: Prince found 'real happiness' as Jehovah's Witness Updated: May-03-16 6:48 am
MINNETONKA, Minnesota - Music megastar Prince was known for throwing parties that stretched into the wee hours of the morning, but his faith and the Bible could also keep him gabbing until sunrise, according to his longtime friend and "spiritual brother," bassist Larry Graham.
- Rich newspaper owners: Industry saviors or foes? Updated: May-03-16 2:30 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake Tribune's pending sale to the wealthy Huntsman family unshackles the newspaper from cost-cutting corporate owners and resolves crippling financial uncertainty - but it also raises concerns about whether the influential family will meddle in the paper's coverage.
- Twins end Keuchel's 17-game home win streak, beat Astros 6-2 Updated: May-03-16 12:54 am
HOUSTON - The Minnesota Twins were the first team in over a year and a half to beat Dallas Keuchel in Houston, and they did it with patience.
- Vikings decline 5th-year option on WR Cordarrelle Patterson Updated: May-02-16 10:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings have spent about a year sending gifted but flighty receiver and kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson messages that he needs to buckle down and come to training camp prepared to earn a spot.
- State senator's name would grace street, but it's illegal Updated: May-02-16 5:49 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Democratic state senator's name would grace a rebuilt street under a public construction bill released Monday - an illegal honor that one Republican lawmaker says reeks of political favoritism.
- Senate lines up backup transportation funds through bonding Updated: May-02-16 3:02 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Senate Democrats offered their plan Monday to borrow $1.5 billion for a long list of public works projects across Minnesota, devoting a hefty slice to road and bridge repairs in case legislative deal-making for a more comprehensive transportation package remains at a standstill.
- Vikings undrafted rookies include Cockran, Stave Updated: May-02-16 2:51 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have signed 10 undrafted free agents, including two area prospects: Minnesota defensive end Theiren Cockran and Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave.
- Prince siblings in probate court in 1st hearing on estate Updated: May-02-16 1:11 pm
CHASKA, Minnesota - Five of Prince's six surviving siblings appeared in court Monday for the first hearing to start sorting out an estate certain to be worth millions, a task complicated because the star musician isn't known to have left a will.
- Poll: Minnesota voters unhappy with direction of country Updated: May-02-16 11:57 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota voters are somewhat pessimistic about what lies ahead in the near future for the country, according to a new poll.
- Troublesome black bear euthanized Updated: May-02-16 11:52 am
CHATFIELD, Minnesota - A black bear that's been wandering around a residential neighborhood has been shot and killed by a Fillmore County sheriff's deputy and Minnesota Department of Natural Resources officer.
- Nolasco allows 3-run homer in Twins' 6-5 loss to Tigers Updated: May-01-16 8:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The final play of Minnesota's 6-5 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Sunday summed up how things have gone for the Twins lately.
- Saltalamacchia lifts streaking Tigers over Twins, 6-5 Updated: May-01-16 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Not long ago, the Tigers were left reeling after a three-game sweep by the visiting Indians. One week later, Detroit is heading into Cleveland with a five-game winning streak.
- Minnesota over 100 traffic deaths so far in 2016 Updated: May-01-16 4:40 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota already has surpassed 100 traffic deaths in the first four months of 2016.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- Minnesota state parks to open all campsites to reservations Updated: May-01-16 12:46 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Campers will be able to make reservations at hundreds of previously "first come, first served" Minnesota state park campsites starting this week.
- Murder-suicide suspected in Mankato couple's shooting deaths Updated: May-01-16 12:26 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Mankato police suspect the shooting deaths of a couple were a murder-suicide.
- Hundreds gather in south Minneapolis to celebrate Prince Updated: May-01-16 11:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of people gathered in south Minneapolis to celebrate the life and music of Prince.
- 5 rescued from sunken boat in western Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 11:16 am
ALEXANDRIA, Minnesota - Authorities say five people were rescued after their boat sank in Lake Carlos in western Minnesota.
- Longtime chef: Prince fought throat, stomach pains recently Updated: May-01-16 11:12 am
MINNEAPOLIS - On stage, Prince was still captivating audiences at recent performances in Australia and California. He hosted a pop-up party at his Paisley Park studio, and there were few outward signs in his final months that anything was wrong.
- Vikings pick WR Boehringer, a European first for NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:04 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Rookie minicamp in Minnesota next weekend will have a German accent.
- Falcons add more defensive help with Minnesota LB Campbell Updated: Apr-30-16 7:37 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - For the second straight year, defense was the early priority in the NFL draft for coach Dan Quinn and the Atlanta Falcons.
- Group protests DNR walleye regulations on Mille Lacs Updated: Apr-30-16 5:53 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A group is protesting new regulations for walleye fishing on Mille Lacs Lake this summer.
- Vikings make German WR the 1st player drafted from Europe Updated: Apr-30-16 4:49 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have made German wide receiver Moritz Boehringer the first player drafted straight into the NFL from Europe.
- University of Minnesota again bumps traveling drum show Updated: Apr-30-16 3:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A traveling drum and bugle corps has been bumped from TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota for the second time in two years.