- Pinellas County man tests positive for West Nile Virus Updated: Aug-30-15 5:07 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A 32-year-old man in Pinellas County recently tested positive for West Nile Virus, the first confirmed human case of the mosquito-borne illness this year.
- Eckerd student arrives safe after 9-month-long sail with dog Updated: Aug-30-15 1:01 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - For nine months, 19-year-old Sally Gardiner-Smith sailed alone with only her cockapoo for company. She would go four or five days without speaking to another human.
- Man rear-ended by deputy, charged with DUI Updated: Aug-29-15 3:04 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A Tampa Bay area man is facing a DUI charge after authorities say a deputy rear-ended him at a stop light.
- 3 teens arrested after stolen truck crashes into police car Updated: Aug-28-15 4:14 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Authorities say three teens were arrested after crashing a stolen pickup truck into an undercover police car.
- Florida family donates $10.9 million to USF Updated: Aug-28-15 3:07 am
TAMPA, Florida - The University of South Florida's Muma College of Business got a $10.9 million shot in the arm that will put the names of Barry and Dana Collier atop the college's student success program.
- Deputy's vehicle struck by pickup truck during traffic stop Updated: Aug-26-15 6:34 am
LARGO, Florida - A Pinellas County Sheriff's deputy is recovering after his vehicle was struck by a pickup truck during a traffic stop.
- Woman dead after falling from moving vehicle Updated: Aug-25-15 7:40 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Authorities say a Tampa Bay area woman is dead from falling off a moving car after a botched drug deal.
- 19 chickens in Pinellas County test positive for West Nile Updated: Aug-23-15 4:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Pinellas County officials are repeating warnings to residents about West Nile virus, saying they have had 19 cases of the mosquito-borne illness in chickens so far this year.
- St. Pete's inverted pyramid pier to be demolished Updated: Aug-21-15 3:04 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - St. Petersburg's inverted pyramid pier will be demolished after a lengthy and often contentious public debate.
- Art collection of financial services chairman to be shown Updated: Aug-19-15 3:05 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The executive chairman of Raymond James Financial says he will buy two floors of a downtown St. Petersburg building to showcase his vast collection of Western and American Indian art.
- St. Pete aims to have premier skateboard park in city Updated: Aug-16-15 4:17 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - St. Petersburg is aiming to become the region's skateboarding destination by building a 32,000-square-foot skate park across Interstate 175 from Tropicana Field.
- Man charged in transgender slaying, now charged in 2nd death Updated: Aug-15-15 12:41 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Authorities say a southwest Florida man charged in the shooting death of a transgender woman has been charged in a second killing.
- Deputies: Man bit off tip of woman's finger during argument Updated: Aug-12-15 7:37 am
SEFFNER, Florida - A Tampa Bay-area man has been accused of biting off the tip of a woman's middle finger after she waved it in his face during an argument.
- 3 sisters, 2 others die in crash on rain slickened road Updated: Aug-11-15 7:49 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Three Tampa Bay area sisters who died in a car crash are being remembered for their ambitious plans.
- St. Pete-Clearwater Airport reports record-breaking traffic Updated: Aug-11-15 3:05 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport is reporting its third month in a row of record-breaking passenger traffic this summer.
- Dad home from deployment surprises kids with scavenger hunt Updated: Aug-08-15 3:52 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The prize waiting at the end of a scavenger hunt for three southwest Florida children was bigger than they could have imagined. After working their way through the clues, their father, a master sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, was home a few days early from his six-month deployment in the Middle East.
- Man gets 15 years for fatal drunken driving crash Updated: Aug-08-15 3:10 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A Tampa Bay area man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for a drunken driving crash that killed two people.
- Agency seeks to improve driver's license failure rates Updated: Aug-06-15 12:44 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's highway safety executive director says her agency is working through issues with the new written driver's license exam as it tries to improve failure rates.
- HSN meets 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Aug-06-15 8:13 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - HSN Inc. (HSNI) on Thursday reported second-quarter earnings of $41.6 million.
- Former Gov. Crist buys 2 Tampa Bay area homes Updated: Aug-04-15 3:30 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - After decades of renting, former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is finally a homeowner.
- Report: Man arrested, tried to carjack unmarked police car Updated: Aug-03-15 8:13 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police in St. Petersburg say a man who tried to carjack an unmarked police car was surprised by two detectives, who arrested him after he tried to run.
- Man charged with trying to carjack undercover officers Updated: Aug-03-15 4:03 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A Tampa Bay area man is facing charges after authorities say he tried to carjack an unmarked police car.