- Most states do bare minimum on fire-foam contamination Updated: Apr-29-16 9:22 am
The military is checking U.S. bases for potential groundwater contamination from a toxic firefighting foam, but most states so far show little inclination to examine civilian sites for the same threat.
- Bear cub killed after hit by motorcycle, driver injured Updated: Apr-29-16 8:42 am
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - A motorcyclist was injured after hitting and killing a bear cub in New Jersey.
- Man accused of sexually assaulting woman while she slept Updated: Apr-29-16 6:52 am
LYNDHURST, New Jersey - Authorities say a Barnegat man sexually assaulted a woman while she slept in her Lyndhurst home.
- Fire destroys home in Southampton Township Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 am
SOUTHAMPTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - No one was injured as fire destroyed a home in Southampton Township.
- Poll: Christies favorability rating hits all-time low Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's favorability rating among registered voters in New Jersey has hit an all-time low.
- New York, New Jersey authorities arrest 18 in cocaine ring Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
GOSHEN, New York - Authorities in New York and New Jersey say they've broken up a cocaine distribution ring, arresting 18 people.
- Coast Guard rescues 3 after fishing boat sinks in collision Updated: Apr-29-16 4:14 am
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - The U.S. Coast Guard says it has rescued three men from a life raft after their fishing boat collided with a tug boat and sank six miles off the coast of southern New Jersey.
- Supreme Court rules fired dispatcher should get new trial Updated: Apr-29-16 4:12 am
BRIDGEWATER, New Jersey - New Jersey's Supreme Court says a former dispatcher who says she was discriminated against because she refused to work the midnight shift should get a new trial on her claims that she was unfairly terminated.
- Man gets 30 years in ex-girlfriend's 2014 fatal stabbing Updated: Apr-29-16 4:06 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man who admitted to fatally stabbing his former girlfriend days after she broke up with him is heading to prison.
- Jets select Ohio State linebacker Darron Lee at No. 20 Updated: Apr-28-16 11:49 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets addressed their need for speed with a versatile, athletic playmaker.
- The Latest: Powder sent to Trump office deemed harmless Updated: Apr-28-16 11:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 (all times Eastern):
- Giants draft Ohio State's Apple with 10th overall pick Updated: Apr-28-16 10:57 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants are going all out to fix the NFL's worst defense.
- Permit for new New Jersey nuclear reactor gets approval Updated: Apr-28-16 6:16 pm
LOWER ALLOWAYS CREEK, New Jersey - Federal regulators have approved a permit that would allow possible construction of a new reactor near New Jersey's Salem and Hope Creek nuclear power plants.
- Marijuana advocate dubbed NJ Weedman arrested again, for pot Updated: Apr-28-16 5:56 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A marijuana advocate dubbed NJ Weedman has been arrested again on marijuana charges after law enforcement raided his restaurant and cannabis temple.
- Feds, NYC-area Port Authority talking potential resolution Updated: Apr-28-16 5:28 pm
- Port says Newark doesn't have right to negotiate with Uber Updated: Apr-28-16 4:49 pm
NEW YORK - The head of the bi-state transit agency that runs Newark's airport says the city doesn't have the legal authority to reach an agreement with Uber to let drivers pick up passengers there.
- Christie: My wife wasn't rolling her eyes - I would know Updated: Apr-28-16 4:13 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says his wife was not rolling her eyes at Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump when he said Hillary Clinton would not win so many votes if she were a man.
- Bridge case defendant wants Gov. Chris Christie's cellphone Updated: Apr-28-16 3:57 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A lawyer for one of the former allies of Gov. Chris Christie accused in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case says he wants access to the governor's cellphone.
- Motor Vehicle workers to get more customer service training Updated: Apr-28-16 3:46 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission employees are now required to undergo customer service training.
- Comptroller: 3 state colleges owe students fee explanation Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's comptroller says three state colleges and universities aren't clear with students on how the fees they charge are being spent.
- New Jersey taxpayers could get charity deductions under bill Updated: Apr-28-16 1:37 pm
MOUNT LAUREL, New Jersey - New Jersey residents could make deductions for charitable donations on their state income tax returns under legislation getting new attention.
- Device was buried but airport's blizzard measurement was OK Updated: Apr-28-16 1:10 pm
A weather observer at Reagan National Airport lost a snow-measuring device during the January blizzard but still accurately recorded a snowfall total that was lower than in nearby Washington, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday.
- Jury to hear cop's racial comments in nanny-cam attack case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:00 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Jurors deciding the fate of a man prosecutors say was caught on a "nanny cam" attacking a woman while her 3-year-old daughter watched cartoons will also see a part of the video where a white investigator is heard using racial slurs to describe the black suspect.
- Christie looking into property tax revaluations in 5 towns Updated: Apr-28-16 12:31 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Christie administration says five New Jersey towns have not revaluated property tax assessments in more than 25 years and is ordering an investigation.
- New Jersey doctor facing fraud charges loses his license Updated: Apr-28-16 11:14 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey doctor accused of giving unnecessary steroid injections and creating fake patient records has been stripped of his license.