- Jayhawks conclude winless season with 45-14 loss to K-State Updated: Nov-28-15 8:31 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - David Beaty arrived at Kansas confident he could turn things around if his team was smarter than its opponent, won the turnover battles and dominated on special teams.
- K-State special teams send Wildcats to 45-14 win over Kansas Updated: Nov-28-15 8:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Being a Kansas kid, quarterback Joe Hubener put a little extra emphasis on leading Kansas State past the rival Jayhawks in the annual Sunflower Showdown on Saturday.
- Annual Lawrence Santa rescue rescheduled because of weather Updated: Nov-27-15 4:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - An annual Lawrence holiday tradition will be rescheduled because of a winter storm.
- Menard proposes 100-job facility in Lawrence Updated: Nov-27-15 12:54 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The home improvement retailer Menard Inc. is proposing a $25 million distribution center and manufacturing facility in Lawrence.
- Santa arrives in downtown Lawrence Friday night Updated: Nov-26-15 5:00 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Santa Claus is preparing to make his annual holiday appearance on a downtown Lawrence rooftop.
- Kansas freshman Diallo cleared to play beginning Dec. 1 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:59 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Cheick Diallo was sitting next to Bill Self, the coach he can now play for, and it was a close call as to whose smile was broader.
- University of Kansas residence hall imploded as planned Updated: Nov-25-15 12:11 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A massive 50-year-old landmark residence hall at the University of Kansas has been imploded as planned.
- University of Kansas creates diversity task force Updated: Nov-25-15 8:42 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas has created a task force on diversity efforts.
- Lawrence superintendent resigning Updated: Nov-24-15 8:40 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The superintendent of Lawrence public schools has announced his resignation.
- Bill Clinton wins award named after former rival Bob Dole Updated: Nov-23-15 7:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Former President Bill Clinton is the latest recipient of a prize named after the man he defeated in the 1996 election.
- Man sentenced in strangulation death of home-care client Updated: Nov-23-15 3:09 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Eudora man accused of strangling his disabled home-care client to death in September 2014 has been sentenced to more than 16 years in prison.
- KU's McCollum Hall to be turned into rubble this week Updated: Nov-22-15 6:08 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A University of Kansas residence hall is coming down this week.
- Kansas black leaders agree on legislative, election agenda Updated: Nov-22-15 4:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A group of African-American leaders from throughout Kansas is calling for expanding Medicaid, repealing restrictive voting laws, reforming criminal sentencing and putting more restrictions on payday lenders.
- Mistrial declared in felony murder retrial Updated: Nov-21-15 5:22 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A retrial for a 31-year-old man charged in a Lawrence apartment killing has ended in another hung jury.
- Mountaineers beat Kansas 49-0 to become eligible for bowl Updated: Nov-21-15 4:37 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen kept reminding his team all week about its trip to Kansas two years ago, when the lightly regarded Jayhawks stormed to a victory over the Mountaineers.
- Kansas professor on leave after using racial slur in class Updated: Nov-21-15 2:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A white University of Kansas professor is on paid leave after using a racial slur during a class discussion about race.
- No. 4 Kansas suspends Greene for 6 games Updated: Nov-20-15 11:55 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - No. 4 Kansas has suspended junior guard Brannen Greene for six games for unspecified conduct detrimental to the team.
- 3 top student leaders at KU remain in posts amid turmoil Updated: Nov-19-15 3:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas student government has taken steps to impeach three top leaders after concerns were raised about their handling of racial issues.
- Correction: Voter Registration-Lawsuit story Updated: Nov-19-15 10:47 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - In a Nov. 18 story about a voter registration lawsuit in Kansas, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the pending registrations of more than 36,000 would-be voters have been suspended until they provide proof of insurance. That should have said proof of citizenship.
- Kansas Board of Regents discusses racial tension on campuses Updated: Nov-19-15 2:56 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Board of Regents has discussed the issue of racial tension on university campuses amid heightened conversation at the University of Kansas.
- Kansas official says 'action plan' coming on student demands Updated: Nov-17-15 7:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The University of Kansas is creating a team to address demands from student protesters and expects to release an "action plan" by mid-January that will include mandatory diversity training for all students and staff, a top administrator said Tuesday.
- Planning commission objects gun range, shop by school Updated: Nov-17-15 2:31 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Lawrence-Douglass County Planning Commission has recommended that the city commission deny rezoning for a shooting range and gun shop to open near a school and future Boys & Girls Club location.
- 2 lawmakers moved from education panel after opposing change Updated: Nov-15-15 6:00 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Two Kansas lawmakers who voted against school funding changes have been removed from a Kansas House committee that oversees education.
- No. 4 Kansas rolls to 109-72 rout of Northern Colorado Updated: Nov-13-15 11:03 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Brannen Greene missed most of the offseason after hip surgery, and his hip locked up again on him earlier this week, just before Kansas rolled through its exhibition finale.
- University of Kansas plans to address racism, discrimination Updated: Nov-13-15 4:25 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas plans to begin sharing information next week on how the school will address racism and discrimination, Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little said Friday.