- Man charged with second-degree murder in Lawrence death Updated: May-29-15 10:50 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 33-year-old man is charged with second-degree murder and felony theft in the death of a Lawrence man who was found bleeding outside a fast-food restaurant.
- Officials say fire at Kansas pet store was accidental Updated: May-28-15 2:49 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Officials say a fire that killed several animals at a pet store in Kansas was accidental.
- Officials say fire at Lawrence pet store was accidental Updated: May-28-15 2:35 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Officials say a fire that killed several animals at a popular Lawrence pet store was accidental.
- Lawrence School District board proposes $1.2M in budget cuts Updated: May-28-15 5:59 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Lawrence school board has approved a proposal to cut and reallocate more than $1.2 million in the district's budget.
- Lawrence police investigating fatal stabbing Updated: May-25-15 2:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police are investigating a fatal stabbing.
- New Kansas law on concealed guns concerns campuses Updated: May-24-15 1:17 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Faculty and students have expressed concern about how a law allowing people to carry concealed guns into buildings on Kansas college campuses will affect the classroom.
- Judge orders trial for health attendant charged with murder Updated: May-23-15 1:33 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 49-year-old Eudora health care attendant has pleaded not guilty after a judge ordered him to stand trial for murder.
- Distance education widespread, growing at Kansas colleges Updated: May-22-15 11:43 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A new report shows that more than 45 percent of Kansas students at higher learning institutions are taking at least one course from a distance.
- Haskell Indian Nations University halting football for 2015 Updated: May-21-15 5:07 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Haskell Indian Nations University is suspending its football program for 2015 because of a lack of funds.
- SMU guard Moore to join Kansas for World University Games Updated: May-21-15 12:47 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - SMU guard Nic Moore will join the Kansas basketball program to represent the U.S. as the World University Games in South Korea later this summer.
- Lawrence man gets life sentence in wife's killing Updated: May-21-15 10:37 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Lawrence man has been sentenced for the second time to life in prison without parole in the death of his wife more than 10 years ago.
- Lawrence police staff required to read Ferguson report Updated: May-16-15 12:07 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police officers have been required to read the federal report that details the Ferguson, Missouri, police department after last summer's shooting of Michael Brown.
- Man who videotaped dressing rooms pleads to more charges Updated: May-13-15 6:28 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Lawrence man who was convicted last year of secretly videotaping people in dressing rooms in downtown Lawrence has pleaded no contest to charges of attempted rape and aggravated criminal sodomy.
- Kansas man charged with trying to lure girl into restroom Updated: May-13-15 5:05 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 42-year-old registered sex offender is accused of trying to lure a 10-year-old girl into the men's restroom at a downtown Lawrence restaurant.
- Lawrence mayor to join group supporting gay marriage Updated: May-12-15 3:43 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The mayor of Lawrence is set to join a national effort that supports marriage equality for gay couples.
- Report says $200K could help alleviate traffic in Lawrence Updated: May-11-15 8:10 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A report from the city of Lawrence says it may need to spend $200,000 to alleviate an increase in traffic on one street due to the closure of part of another.
- KU unveils bee hotel on Field Station trail Updated: May-11-15 5:05 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas has added a bee hotel to its Field Station trails north of Lawrence to raise awareness about native bee species.
- Trial date set for man accused of killing infant Updated: May-08-15 7:41 pm
MINDEN, Nevada - A trial date has been set for the Gardnerville Ranchos man accused of killing his infant.
- University of Kansas tobacco ban delayed a year Updated: May-08-15 7:11 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas will delay a campus wide ban on tobacco for a year, until July 2016.
- Kansas officials to combat invasive species in lake Updated: May-07-15 1:17 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lone Star Lake is being closed temporarily to the public so officials can administer an herbicide to fight an invasive species.
- Hard liquor out at University of Kansas frat chapter houses Updated: May-07-15 1:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Hard liquor will not be allowed at University of Kansas fraternity houses beginning this fall, according to a council that oversees the organizations.
- Haskell Foundation sets goal of $70 million in next 10 years Updated: May-07-15 8:01 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A recently rejuvenated foundation for Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence is setting a lofty goal.
- Hall Foundation gives University of Kansas $1.46 million Updated: May-06-15 1:07 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Hall Family Foundation has made a $1.46 million gift and challenge grant to the University of Kansas to support the humanities.
- Task forces suggests changes to handling sexual assaults Updated: May-04-15 1:40 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A University of Kansas task force is advising the school to establish an on-campus center for sexual assault prevention and education as part of a report recommending changes in how the college handles rape.
- Old, new tech used to research genetic disorders in children Updated: May-03-15 1:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The University of Kansas Medical Center is exploring genetic disorders in children with a combination of next-generation and century-old research methods.