- Mistrial declared in Lawrence death during brawl Updated: Dec-12-13 2:56 pm
- Poinsettia challenges growers, but buyers' demand is... Updated: Dec-12-13 12:48 pm
- Kansas educators planning to fingerprint teachers Updated: Dec-12-13 12:48 pm
- Retired KGS scientist denies plagiarism Updated: Dec-12-13 9:52 am
- Fundraiser for family of KU student found dead Updated: Dec-12-13 7:14 am
- Lawrence commission OKs concealed carry exemption Updated: Dec-11-13 5:02 pm
- Calif.'s Central Valley freeze may benefit Ventura-area... Updated: Dec-11-13 12:48 pm
- Lawrence police confirm body is that of KU student Updated: Dec-10-13 2:25 pm
- Kansas audit finds issues with data protection Updated: Dec-10-13 12:10 pm
- Day care owner guilty of selling crack out of home Updated: Dec-10-13 5:07 am
- Kansas funds tobacco prevention at lower rate Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 pm
- SE Kan. superintendent criticizes reading program Updated: Dec-09-13 1:11 pm
- Kidd's rough coaching indoctrination - NBA notes Updated: Dec-09-13 10:18 am
- Kansas hires Rice's John Reagan to run offense Updated: Dec-07-13 5:35 pm
- Kan. program trains those who help the homeless Updated: Dec-07-13 1:20 pm
- Professor's mission to help poor save for college Updated: Dec-07-13 10:05 am
- KU Faculty Senate approves post-tenure policy Updated: Dec-06-13 10:56 am
- Holiday music for your less-than-silent night Updated: Dec-06-13 9:49 am
- Baker University names new president Updated: Dec-05-13 3:31 pm
- Specialty citrus is growing, producing items such as pink... Updated: Dec-05-13 1:49 pm
- Some flood insurance rates in Douglas County rise Updated: Dec-05-13 8:16 am
- Lawrence library gets $275K matching grant Updated: Dec-03-13 8:26 pm
- KU police looking for man who tried to lure child Updated: Dec-03-13 7:07 am
- Douglas County to get flood insurance update Updated: Dec-03-13 5:05 am
- Wildcats likely headed to Holiday Bowl Updated: Dec-01-13 1:51 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A mistrial has been declared in the trial of a man accused in the death of an Iraq veteran after a fight in Lawrence.
There's no doubt that poinsettias, particularly the red ones, reign at Christmas.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A plan being drafted by Kansas education officials that would require all teachers to submit fingerprints and undergo extensive background checks is raising concerns among teachers in some school districts.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas has censured a former senior scientist in the Kansas Geological Survey after he was accused of plagiarism.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Friends of the University of Kansas graduate student found dead this week are raising money to help the student's family.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence city commissioners approved a resolution Tuesday night seeking a four-year exemption from the Kansas concealed carry law, giving officials time to sort out where guns will be allowed in the future.
VENTURA, Calif. - The 250 acres of mandarin oranges growing in Ventura County's Fillmore and Piru areas are the most valuable ones right now to fresh-fruit giant Sun Pacific, as most of its mandarins grow in the Central Valley, which recently saw freezing conditions.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police have confirmed that a body found on Monday is that of a 23-year-old University of Kansas student from Peru.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Weak computer passwords and vulnerable software have left some Kansas agencies vulnerable to hackers gaining access to confidential data or internal breaches, according to a new information technology audit.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Douglas County jury has convicted a 38-year-old woman of distributing crack cocaine out of her home, which was also the site of a Lawrence day care.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Public health groups say Kansas is among the states spending less than recommended on programs to stop people from smoking.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A plan by Gov. Sam Brownback to divert $12 million in welfare funds to a program aimed at raising fourth-grade reading scores in southeast Kansas doesn't sit well with one school superintendent.
Right out of the gate, several of his key players broke down with injuries. He was caught cheating, then lying. He demoted a longtime friend. The team is an outright disgrace. Some have urged him to just quit right now, so he'll best be remembered as a player.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Rice won the Conference USA title Saturday. Then it lost its offensive coordinator.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Lawrence program that helps the homeless is training its volunteers to detect whether any of the people it's assisting endured trauma as a child.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - William Elliott was one of only a handful of people to race through a Ph.D. in Washington University's social work program in three years. He certainly didn't do it for fun, and he says he is no genius or super-student either. He did it because his past told him the future is always uncertain, and he didn't want to get caught with a pile of student debt and no degree to show for it.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - After nearly a year of discussion, the Faculty Senate at the University of Kansas has approved a post-tenure review policy.
Looking for some mood music for the season? Each year I choose the best, worst and mostly in between. Here's this year's Christmas sack:
BALDWIN CITY, Kansas - Baker University has named a top administrator from Gallaudet University as its next president.
Move over, grapefruit: Lemons are also taking on the pink.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Some property owners in Douglas County could soon pay more for federal insurance.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Lawrence Public Library is getting a $275,000 matching grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - University of Kansas police are looking for a man who reportedly tried to lure a 9-year-old boy into his car on the university campus.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Douglas County commissioners will hear a presentation about the impact of changes taking effect next year in the National Flood Insurance Program.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Nobody was talking about bowl games at Kansas State in mid-October, when the Wildcats were sitting at 2-4 and feeling bruised and battered after a loss to Baylor.