- Dispute between Lawrence, upscale hotel escalates Updated: Feb-12-16 10:22 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A dispute between Lawrence and developers of an upscale hotel located near the University of Kansas campus has escalated.
- $1.8M gift to create new University of Kansas professorship Updated: Feb-11-16 8:58 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The estate of a University of Kansas graduate who helped develop the atomic bomb has donated $1.8 million to establish a new professorship in physics.
- No. 10 West Virginia falls to No. 6 Kansas, 75-65 Updated: Feb-09-16 10:31 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - West Virginia had an opportunity to make some history at Kansas.
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65 Updated: Feb-09-16 9:54 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Landen Lucas rarely gets much credit for the work he does for Kansas, mainly because the blue-collar forward earns his minutes with rebounding and defense rather than offense.
- Court upholds tax evasion convictions of Atkins diet doctor Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal appeals court has upheld the convictions of a Kansas obesity specialist who co-authored the "Atkins Diabetes Revolution."
- Kansas school district realignment bill paused after concern Updated: Feb-08-16 1:57 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The chairman of the Kansas House Education Committee says it's unlikely that any action will be taken on a bill that would force the consolidation of more than half of the state's school districts.
- Kansas student newspaper sues administrators Updated: Feb-06-16 6:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The student newspaper at the University of Kansas has filed a lawsuit accusing university administrators of approving funding cuts to the newspaper that were enacted after an editorial critical of the student Senate.
- Kansas school grapples with debate over Confederate flag Updated: Feb-04-16 5:28 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - At a high school named Free State to honor Kansas' anti-slavery past, the Confederate flag waved off the back of a student's pickup truck in the parking lot. When classmates who were offended removed it, the student replaced it and displayed the flag again.
- Ellis helps No. 7 Kansas pull away from Kansas State, 77-59 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:13 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas coach Bill Self was only slightly happier Wednesday night than Kansas State counterpart Bruce Weber, and the only reason for that was his seventh-ranked Jayhawks had won.
- Clemson scrambles on signing day to replace missing DBs Updated: Feb-03-16 5:24 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson coach Dabo Swinney thought his team was filled up on defensive backs for next fall - until NFL dreams got involved.
- Kansas coach David Beaty hopes to turn corner with new class Updated: Feb-03-16 4:11 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - There was no wrestling between "quality" and "quantity" in recruiting for Kansas coach David Beaty this year.
- Woman charged in fleeing US pleads guilty to identity theft Updated: Feb-03-16 3:50 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Lawrence woman accused of fleeing to Europe with her two daughters has pleaded guilty to forging her ex-husband's signature on official documents when she fled.
- Wayne Selden Jr. living up to promise for No. 7 Kansas Updated: Feb-01-16 4:56 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Before he had even stepped on the floor at Kansas, mock drafts sprinkled across cyberspace had Wayne Selden Jr. going in the first round to some NBA team in need of a shooting guard.
- University of Kansas Hospital plans more expansion Updated: Jan-27-16 7:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - University of Kansas Hospital officials say they are already planning to expand a new patient tower, even before the structure is built.
- Burglar hits at least 6 Kansas dorm rooms as residents sleep Updated: Jan-26-16 7:53 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - University of Kansas police say someone burglarized at least six rooms at a residence hall while students were sleeping.
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stalled Updated: Jan-24-16 3:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding the death sentences of three convicted murderers in Kansas may undermine support for a bill that would repeal the state's death penalty, a sponsor of the measure said.
- No. 3 Kansas overcomes slow start to beat Texas, 76-67 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:29 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The way Kansas had labored over the past two weeks, coach Bill Self headed into Saturday's game against Texas firmly believing it was the Jayhawks' most important of the season.
- Universities admit 815 students who didn't meet requirements Updated: Jan-22-16 1:04 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A report for the Kansas Board of Regents says a total of 815 students who don't meet minimum admission requirements are enrolled in the state's universities.
- City approves first tenant for Lawrence business park Updated: Jan-20-16 8:22 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A city-owned business park in Lawrence will get its first tenant after the city commission approved an incentive package for a Menard Inc.'s manufacturing campus.
- No charges expected against officials in Bledsoe case Updated: Jan-19-16 11:52 am
OSKALOOSA, Kansas - County officials say some law enforcement officials likely made mistakes in an investigation that led to a Kansas man being wrongfully convicted in the death of a 14-year-old girl but did nothing to warrant criminal charges.
- Westar offers customers chance to try alternative energy Updated: Jan-19-16 7:23 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Westar Energy is looking for customers interested in using some solar energy without having to install equipment.
- Historic railroad association battling vandalism, thieves Updated: Jan-18-16 2:57 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - An association that operates a historical railroad in northeast Kansas has suffered tens of thousands of dollars in damages from vandals and other intruders over the past several years.
- Former Hoosier Todd Jadlow finding purpose in life Updated: Jan-18-16 1:55 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - With his foot on the gas pedal and his eyes on the horizon, Todd Jadlow barreled down State Highway 10 in Kansas and drove himself straight to hell.
- Bragg, Diallo off bench help No. 1 Jayhawks beat TCU 70-63 Updated: Jan-16-16 4:43 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas coach Bill Self has long insisted that five-star recruits Carlton Bragg and Cheick Diallo might be the best players on his team - five years down the line.
- Iowa City, Iowa, city manager gets Lawrence, Kansas, post Updated: Jan-15-16 9:48 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The city manager of Iowa City, Iowa, now will have the same title and responsibilities in Lawrence, Kansas.