- Virginia's Pamunkey Indian Tribe granted federal recognition Updated: Jul-02-15 4:17 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Department of Interior granted federal recognition to a Virginia Indian tribe for the first time on Thursday, more than 400 years after the first permanent English settlers encountered those Indians.
- Virginia Beach man pleads guilty to robbing cellphone stores Updated: Jul-01-15 3:02 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Federal prosecutors say the last of three men charged with a string of cellphone store robberies has pleaded guilty in Norfolk.
- Hospital: North Carolina shark bite victim didn't lose limb Updated: Jun-29-15 2:37 pm
WAVES, North Carolina - A hospital spokeswoman says the latest victim of a shark attack off North Carolina's coast didn't lose any limbs to the animal that nearly took his life.
- Supreme Court revives lawsuit over Norfolk sign Updated: Jun-29-15 12:26 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The U.S. Supreme Court has revived a Norfolk company's lawsuit challenging the city's sign ordinance.
- Teen bitten by shark on NC Outer Banks in serious condition Updated: Jun-29-15 9:45 am
WAVES, North Carolina - A hospital spokeswoman says the latest victim of a shark attack off North Carolina's coast arrived in critical risk of dying, but his condition has improved.
- Medal of Honor recipient's story finally comes to light Updated: Jun-28-15 9:50 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - It's time to set the record straight for Sgt. Henry Johnson.
- Truckers oppose appointment system at Va. port terminal Updated: Jun-27-15 11:16 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A group representing trucking companies has told the Virginia Port Authority it will oppose a container-terminal appointment system.
- Dallas Eakins to coach Ducks' AHL affiliate in San Diego Updated: Jun-27-15 12:27 am
ANAHEIM, California - Former Edmonton Oilers coach Dallas Eakins was hired Friday to coach the Anaheim Ducks' relocated American Hockey League affiliate in San Diego.
- Norfolk International Airport passenger traffic declines Updated: Jun-26-15 12:56 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk International Airport is reporting a decrease in passenger activity for May.
- Gay marriage ruling both celebrated, denounced in Va. Updated: Jun-26-15 12:20 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The U.S. Supreme Court's ruling Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry was both celebrated and denounced in Virginia, where such marriages began more than eight months ago.
- Portsmouth men plead guilty to heroin charges Updated: Jun-26-15 2:34 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Two Portsmouth men have pleaded guilty to federal charges related to distributing heroin in Norfolk.
- Zoo could bid farewell to its elephant pair for white rhinos Updated: Jun-25-15 10:28 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The two elephants that have been at the Virginia Zoo for nearly 50 years combined may find a new home soon.
- Insanity plea accepted for man charged in scooter death Updated: Jun-25-15 8:26 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who ran over and killed a woman at a stoplight in June 2014 has been found not guilty of second-degree murder by reason of insanity.
- Zoo plans to relocate 2 elephants, bring in white rhinos Updated: Jun-25-15 6:59 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Virginia Zoo's executive director says he is planning to relocate two elderly elephants, as long as he can find a suitable home for them.
- Portsmouth councilman wants Confederate monument removed Updated: Jun-24-15 1:03 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Portsmouth city councilman wants the city's Confederate monument removed from downtown, calling it a symbol of racism that shouldn't be displayed in a public space.
- Norfolk pastor sentenced for fraudulent benefit claims Updated: Jun-24-15 2:49 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk pastor has been sentenced to 10 months in federal prison for submitting fraudulent claims for disability benefits for veterans.
- Gun, ammunition confiscated at Norfolk airport Updated: Jun-22-15 2:38 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Virginia Beach woman faces a state weapons charge after police confiscated an unloaded handgun at Norfolk International Airport.
- Schools take action to attract students to education careers Updated: Jun-21-15 10:10 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - For years, education groups have warned that lagging pay for teachers in Virginia and other states could lead to fewer people entering the field. Now they have evidence to back up their fears.
- Military contractor's Virginia medical license revoked Updated: Jun-19-15 9:12 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The medical license of a government contractor was revoked Friday after Army medical students testified about a series of bizarre, invasive and sexually tinged battlefield-trauma procedures he subjected them to.
- Ohio company to operate W.Va. rail, truck terminal Updated: Jun-18-15 3:02 am
PRICHARD, West Virginia - The contract to operate a new rail and truck terminal in West Virginia has been awarded to an Ohio company.
- Virginia man pleads guilty to attempted espionage charge Updated: Jun-15-15 5:54 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A 35-year-old Virginia man has pleaded guilty to attempted espionage for providing schematics of an aircraft carrier under construction to someone he believed was an Egyptian intelligence officer.
- Foundation seeks buyer for Schooner Virginia modern replica Updated: Jun-15-15 12:19 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - After years of financial struggle, the Schooner Virginia, a modern replica, is officially for sale at an asking price of $1.8 million.
- Audit criticizes Hampton transit agency's data reporting Updated: Jun-15-15 9:20 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Hampton Roads Transit's data reporting process is mired in problems that have led to delays and errors, an internal audit said.
- Norfolk officer indicted in shooting death released on bond Updated: Jun-13-15 5:07 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk police officer recently indicted for voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of a mentally ill man has been released without having to post a cash bond.
- Man dies after rescuing teen from drowning in Norfolk Updated: Jun-13-15 10:34 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk police say one man died after helping rescue a teenager when they both fell from a jetty in the Ocean View section of the city.