- FBI, Newport News Police plan outreach event Updated: Aug-04-15 3:02 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Federal Bureau of Investigation in Norfolk has announced a community outreach event aimed at promoting cultural awareness and mutual respect.
- Attorney: Titans wide receiver didn't sucker punch anybody Updated: Aug-03-15 6:50 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The attorney for Tennessee Titans wide receiver Justin Hunter said Monday that his client didn't sucker punch anybody outside a Virginia Beach bar following a massive brawl inside of it over the July Fourth weekend.
- Navy's newest attack submarine, USS John Warner, joins fleet Updated: Aug-01-15 2:47 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy's newest nuclear-powered attack submarine joined the fleet Saturday, with top Navy officials saying that it couldn't come soon enough with ever-increasing demands from combatant commanders.
- USS Monitor gun turret from Civil War on display at museum Updated: Aug-01-15 9:52 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The ruddied brown of centuries-old iron serves as a constant source of excitement at the Mariners' Museum: a peek into history for casual visitors, an endless resource for Civil War buffs and a revolution in naval warfare that sits not half an hour away from Norfolk Naval Station.
- Doctor who was father of in vitro fertilization in US dies Updated: Jul-31-15 6:38 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Dr. Howard Jones, who pioneered in vitro fertilization in the United States, died Friday at a Virginia hospital surrounded by family.
- Gun, ammunition confiscated at Norfolk airport Updated: Jul-31-15 2:20 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man faces a state weapons citation after police confiscated a loaded handgun at Norfolk International Airport.
- Accused leader of Va. heroin trafficking ring pleads guilty Updated: Jul-31-15 3:17 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Portsmouth man accused of leading a heroin trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to a distribution charge.
- Virginia Zoo sets up live video feed for baby giraffe Updated: Jul-30-15 3:07 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Fans of a newborn giraffe don't have to go to the Virginia Zoo to see it.
- Norfolk man convicted on charges stemming from tax scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 7:19 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk man faces up to 128 years in prison following his conviction on charges stemming from a tax refund scheme.
- Pollution blamed for algal bloom in Lafayette River Updated: Jul-28-15 3:07 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Much of the ordinarily green Lafayette River has turned reddish-brown this summer because of an extensive algal bloom that has taken ahold of the urban river that winds through much of Norfolk.
- Ex-Va. postal carrier pleads guilty to mail theft Updated: Jul-28-15 3:08 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former postal carrier in Virginia Beach has pleaded guilty to stealing mail.
- Part of lawsuit on school transgender bathroom policy tossed Updated: Jul-27-15 5:34 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A judge in Virginia has dismissed part of a lawsuit filed by a transgender student barred from using the boys' bathrooms at his high school.
- Montgomery No. 1 in nation for STDs Updated: Jul-27-15 11:10 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery is the most sexually diseased city in the nation.
- Virginia Zoo opens Australia Walkabout exhibit Updated: Jul-24-15 7:17 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Virginia Zoo has opened its Australia Walkabout exhibit.
- USS Laboon returns to Va. Updated: Jul-24-15 3:08 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The USS Laboon is returning to Virginia following a six-month deployment.
- Navy has memorial in Virginia for Tennessee shooting victim Updated: Jul-23-15 7:03 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy held a memorial service aboard a warship on Thursday for a sailor who was killed during a shooting in Tennessee that also claimed the lives of four Marines.
- Missile malfunction causes minor damage to Navy destroyer Updated: Jul-23-15 10:49 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Navy destroyer sustained minor damage after a missile exploded during an exercise off the coast of Virginia.
- Va. governor asks for more patrols at recruiting centers Updated: Jul-22-15 2:04 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has asked Virginia State Police to increase patrols around military recruiting centers.
- Air Force: F-15 pilot in Va. forest crash was incapacitated Updated: Jul-20-15 5:13 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A decorated combat veteran who died in an F-15 crash in the George Washington National Forest in Virginia was incapacitated and unable to eject, according to an Air Force investigation released Monday.
- Man accused of posing as Navy SEAL for scam captured in Va. Updated: Jul-20-15 11:17 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man facing charges in Arizona of posing as a Navy SEAL to scam businesses has been captured in Virginia.
- Confederate flag removed from Norfolk Naval Shipyard Updated: Jul-20-15 4:22 am
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - A Confederate flag has been taken down from outside the Norfolk Naval Shipyard.
- Developer of historic Norfolk building given Aug. 3 deadline Updated: Jul-20-15 3:49 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Savoy - downtown Norfolk's infamous leaning building - could soon be torn down.
- Norfolk: Waterside redevelopment to begin in August Updated: Jul-16-15 11:25 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk officials say ground will be broken on a major downtown redevelopment project in August.
- Ex-Norfolk postal worker sentenced for dumping mail Updated: Jul-15-15 12:48 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former U.S. Postal Service worker who admitted to dumping hundreds of pieces of mail will spend six months on home confinement.
- Locomotive rear-ends train; 18 cars derail, lube oil spills Updated: Jul-15-15 9:23 am
DUBLIN, Virginia - More than 20,000 gallons of lube oil spilled after a freight train was rear-ended by another train traveling in the same direction Tuesday in western Virginia, causing 18 cars and a locomotive to derail, Norfolk Southern said.