- Report: Captain drank with his Navy crew, harassed women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former commanding officer could be dismissed from the Navy over numerous misconduct allegations after a night of heavy drinking with his crew while he was in charge of the guided missile cruiser the USS Anzio.
- Hampton holds off NAIA-member Washington Adventist 69-67 Updated: Feb-02-16 8:55 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Reginald Johnson Jr. scored 30 points and Hampton needed a late 15-0 run to beat NAIA-member Washington Adventist 69-67 Tuesday night.
- Pamunkey tribe withstands challenge to federal recognition Updated: Feb-02-16 12:22 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A group challenging federal recognition of Virginia's Pamunkey Indian tribe has lost its case before the Interior Board of Indian Appeals.
- Coast Guard flies sick cruise passenger to hospital Updated: Feb-02-16 7:51 am
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - The Coast Guard has taken a sick woman off a cruise ship about 230 miles east of Cape Hatteras.
- Navy sailor faces new murder charges in military court Updated: Feb-02-16 2:28 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Military authorities arrested a Navy petty officer in connection with a shooting death that he had already served time for.
- Norfolk Southern 4Q profit falls 29 percent as volume slows Updated: Jan-27-16 4:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Norfolk Southern Corp.'s fourth-quarter profit slid 29 percent as the railroad delivered 6 percent less freight. It plans to cut 2,000 jobs, or 4 percent of its workforce, as it fends off a takeover bid from rival Canadian Pacific.
- Ex-pastor sentenced for taping women while they were nude Updated: Jan-26-16 2:05 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former Norfolk pastor is going to prison for secretly videotaping another clergyman's wife and daughter while they were naked.
- Oliver's 25 helps Norfolk State cruise by Savannah St, 92-73 Updated: Jan-25-16 11:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Charles Oliver tied a career-high with six 3-pointers and scored 25 points to lead Norfolk State past Savannah State 92-73 on Monday night.
- Soloman helps SC State edge Hampton 67-62 Updated: Jan-25-16 9:31 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Eric Eaves scored 18 points, Ty Soloman hit a late 3-pointer and two important free throws, and South Carolina State edged Hampton 67-62 on Monday night.
- Norfolk State rolls to 87-74 win over South Carolina State Updated: Jan-23-16 8:38 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Charles Oliver scored 19 points, and Zaynah Robinson and D'Shon Taylor each added 13 as Norfolk State rolled to an 87-74 win over South Carolina State on Saturday.
- Kelly's late 3 helps Marshall edge Old Dominion Updated: Jan-23-16 4:28 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - James Kelly nailed a 3-pointer with four seconds to go and Marshall edged Old Dominion 78-75 on Saturday.
- Freeman has 28, Old Dominion beats Western Kentucky 68-62 Updated: Jan-21-16 9:25 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Trey Freeman had his third straight 28-point game, making 13 of 25 from the field, as Old Dominion held off Western Kentucky 68-62 on Thursday night to stop a three-game skid.
- Norfolk city treasurer pleads not guilty to corruption Updated: Jan-20-16 5:37 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk's city treasurer has pleaded not guilty to public corruption charges.
- Monitor sanctuary expansion aimed at WWII shipwrecks Updated: Jan-17-16 10:35 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Monitor National Marine Sanctuary has announced a proposal to extend federal safeguards protecting the North Carolina wreck of the historic Civil War ironclad to the largest concentration of World War II shipwrecks in the United States.
- Middle Tennessee holds on to beat Old Dominion 64-61 Updated: Jan-16-16 6:25 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Darnell Harris scored 19 points and Edward Simpson added 14 as Middle Tennessee pulled away late in second half and held on to beat Old Dominion 64-61 on Saturday.
- Lee, Norton help UAB beat Old Dominion 72-71 in overtime Updated: Jan-14-16 10:09 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - William Lee hit five 3-pointers and finished with 28 points, both career highs, and Nick Norton made a layup with three seconds left in overtime to help UAB beat Old Dominion 72-71 Thursday night.
- 2 Navy jets make emergency landing for fuel at Va. airport Updated: Jan-14-16 2:13 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - An official at Norfolk International Airport says two Navy fighter jets on a training mission made successful emergency landings after running low on fuel.
- Man shot by Norfolk police during standoff dies Updated: Jan-14-16 8:42 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man has died two days after he was shot by police officers who say he barricaded himself inside a Norfolk home and fatally wounded a police dog.
- Trial set for 6 alleged gang members in Norfolk Updated: Jan-12-16 3:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Six alleged gang members charged in an 18-count indictment are set for a jury trial in Norfolk federal court.
- Bethune-Cookman fends off Norfolk State, 72-70 Updated: Jan-11-16 11:01 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Jordan Potts and Mario Moody each scored 23 points to help lead Bethune-Cookman to a 72-70 win over Norfolk State on Monday night.
- Sailors deploying to Antarctica to transport supplies Updated: Jan-11-16 11:29 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Sailors from Hampton Roads are deploying to Antarctica to bring supplies to civilian scientists who live in the continent.
- Hampton overtakes Bethune-Cookman in 75-70 win Updated: Jan-09-16 9:33 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Jervon Pressley scored 17 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and Hampton overtook Bethune-Cookman for a 75-70 win Saturday night.
- Norfolk State beats Florida A&M 77-56 Updated: Jan-09-16 9:06 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Jeff Short scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Norfolk State snapped a four-game slide with a 77-56 win over Florida A&M on Saturday night.
- Old Dominion, William & Mary ban hoverboards on campus Updated: Jan-09-16 10:58 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Students who got hoverboards for Christmas won't be able to use them at least two Virginia schools.
- Norfolk State women's player in coma, fighting for her life Updated: Jan-08-16 6:07 pm
A week ago, Amber Brown was like thousands of other women's college basketball players, playing and practicing with her Norfolk State teammates.