- Ghost hunters in Pa. are mistaken for burglars Updated: Dec-03-13 4:40 pm
- What can we be thankful for this holiday season? Updated: Nov-27-13 1:50 pm
- Editorial: Thanksgiving. When Americans gather together Updated: Nov-26-13 6:17 pm
- Gettysburg park expansion clears Senate hurdle Updated: Nov-22-13 5:24 pm
- Let us now commemorate anniversary fatigue Updated: Nov-20-13 10:48 am
- Gettysburg Address: A short speech long remembered Updated: Nov-19-13 8:46 pm
- Correction: Finding Lincoln's Address story Updated: Nov-19-13 5:12 pm
- Ill. marks 150th anniversary of Gettysburg Address Updated: Nov-19-13 1:11 pm
- For Gettysburg man, a life remembered in the now Updated: Nov-17-13 7:37 pm
- Veteran Lincoln presenter to deliver famous speech Updated: Nov-17-13 1:26 pm
- Gettysburg Address is a sacred, but elusive text Updated: Nov-17-13 1:01 pm
- How kids helped buy a copy of Gettysburg Address Updated: Nov-16-13 5:16 pm
- A Gettysburg Address 'by the people' Updated: Nov-16-13 4:05 am
- Bradley professors part of Gettysburg challenge Updated: Nov-16-13 4:04 am
- Gettysburg attorney pleads guilty to $3M fraud Updated: Nov-15-13 3:55 pm
- Pa. paper: Sorry for panning Gettysburg Address Updated: Nov-14-13 10:46 pm
- 'Lincoln@Gettysburg' takes a new twist on technology Updated: Nov-13-13 12:47 pm
- Postage stamps saluting World War II Medal of Honor... Updated: Nov-11-13 5:52 pm
- Klan holds small rally on Gettysburg park property Updated: Nov-09-13 5:31 pm
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - Police in Pennsylvania are investigating a complaint concerning a ghost hunt that went bust after a police officer mistakenly thought it was a burglary in progress.
What can we be thankful for this holiday season?
Thanksgiving is a peculiarly American holiday that is wrapped up in legend and myth that don't bear close historical examination.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A plan to expand Gettysburg National Military Park is moving forward.
It is time to confess something that has every chance of making me look like an insensitive jerk. I am anniversary overloaded. There, I have said it.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - In solemnity, thousands of people gathered at a central Pennsylvania battlefield park Tuesday to honor a speech given 150 years ago that President Abraham Lincoln predicted would not be long remembered.
In a story Nov. 19 about efforts to determine the exact wording of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, The Associated Press included a partial quotation by historian Martin P. Johnson, erroneously implying that he believed Joseph Gilbert filed the most accurate report of the speech.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn commemorated the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address by making a visit to Abraham Lincoln's tomb with a veteran's family.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - Before his 25th birthday, Grover E. Thompson had already experienced an extraordinary life.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - The man who will play Abraham Lincoln and present his Gettysburg Address at its 150th anniversary Tuesday stands alone among the Lincoln impersonators who are familiar sights at parades and other events.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - Like the Pledge of Allegiance or "The Star-Spangled Banner," the Gettysburg Address is a sacred American text, so fully absorbed into the culture that phrases such as "four score and seven years ago" and "of the people, by the people, for the people" are as familiar as any song lyric or line of poetry.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - As a boy in the 1940s, Gene Rubley got a nickel allowance every week - money that would pay for a 4-cent ticket to see a double feature at a Springfield movie theater, with a penny to spare for candy.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - When Abraham Lincoln spoke of a government "by the people" at Gettysburg, he probably didn't imagine 150 years later his famous speech would be delivered in the same way.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two Bradley University professors are helping TO commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address with their views of the speech.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A disbarred central Pennsylvania attorney has pleaded guilty in federal court to stealing more than $3 million from eight clients.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - It took 150 years, but a Pennsylvania newspaper said Thursday it should have recognized the greatness of President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address at the time it was delivered.
Although there were many commemorations of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War's Battle of Gettysburg earlier this year, Tuesday marks the anniversary date of President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address that followed a few months after the battle.
WASHINGTON - Retired Air Force Major Jesse M. Baltazar, a veteran of World War II, Korea and Vietnam, had breakfast with President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden Monday before making his way to the World War II Memorial.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A rally attended by about a dozen members of the Ku Klux Klan on the Gettysburg battlefield is over without any major incidents occurring.