- Conn. withdraws Supreme Court appeal over layoffs Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 pm
- Court orders new trials for former Conn. mayor Updated: Dec-09-13 4:43 pm
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark Updated: Dec-09-13 3:07 pm
- Officials identify victims of Conn. shootings Updated: Dec-09-13 12:56 pm
- Poland urges Conn. inmate not get death sentence Updated: Dec-09-13 9:28 am
- Ex-colleague sets protest over Yale prof's death Updated: Dec-09-13 6:47 am
- Waterbury police: Suspect drove car at officer Updated: Dec-09-13 6:25 am
- Homeowner dies following Conn. house fire Updated: Dec-09-13 5:16 am
- About 20 cars involved in I-95 crash in SW Conn. Updated: Dec-09-13 2:02 am
- MTA announces new Metro-North safety measures Updated: Dec-08-13 11:43 pm
- UConn gives out first 2 Newtown scholarships Updated: Dec-08-13 4:53 pm
- Iona wins at Fairfield 83-72 Updated: Dec-08-13 3:53 pm
- Pratt & Whitney machinists approve new contract Updated: Dec-08-13 3:25 pm
- Gov. calls for bells to toll Dec. 14 for Newtown Updated: Dec-08-13 2:44 pm
- 2 youngest US senators seek to lower college costs Updated: Dec-08-13 1:50 pm
- Conn. suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self Updated: Dec-08-13 12:11 pm
- Public radio airwaves loses familiar Hamden voice Updated: Dec-08-13 1:04 am
- Cook passes on restaurant, opts for vending cart Updated: Dec-08-13 1:04 am
- Alert canceled for missing girl, 16, and her son Updated: Dec-08-13 12:41 am
- Hartford rolls past Holy Cross 90-78 Updated: Dec-07-13 9:38 pm
- Zone, energy help CCSU hang with No. 5 Buckeyes Updated: Dec-07-13 8:08 pm
- Memphis loses third straight, 45-10 to UConn Updated: Dec-07-13 6:50 pm
- Lafayette rallies past Sacred Heart 86-79 Updated: Dec-07-13 5:11 pm
- UConn beats Memphis 45-10 for third straight win Updated: Dec-07-13 4:33 pm
- Conn. US senators push for Metro-North safety Updated: Dec-07-13 12:56 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut has withdrawn an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court challenging a ruling that former Gov. John Rowland's administration violated the constitutional rights of 2,800 state employees it laid off in 2003, state Attorney General George Jepsen said Monday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Appellate Court on Monday overturned the corruption convictions of former Hartford Mayor Eddie Perez and ordered new trials that separate the bribery and extortion charges against him.
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - Newtown officials asked for privacy and joined victims' families Monday in calling for people to mark the upcoming anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting by performing acts of kindness or volunteering with charities.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who authorities say killed three women and himself at an apartment complex was the father of one victim's toddler son and had a legal dispute with her over child support payments.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The president of Poland is urging Connecticut officials to not impose the death penalty on a former Trumbull man convicted of murder in the deaths of a Bridgeport woman, her 9-year-old daughter and a Milford man.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former colleague of a Yale University professor who died in police custody is organizing a protest, calling it a "political death."
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A New York man has been charged with attempted assault against two Waterbury police officers who tried to stop him after a home invasion and robbery.
MONROE, Connecticut - A 72-year-old homeowner has died following a house fire that injured five others, including four firefighters.
GREENWICH, Connecticut - A multi-vehicle crash closed part of Interstate 95 in southwestern Connecticut for about two hours as road conditions turned slippery with the arrival of a wintry storm.
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says Metro-North signal crews have installed new safety protections at the Spuyten Duyvil (SPY'-tuhn DY'-vuhl) curve, the site of last Sunday's derailment in the Bronx that killed four people.
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut has awarded the first two scholarships under a program launched to help those affected by last year's massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Machinist union members who work at jet-engine maker Pratt & Whitney narrowly approved a new three-year contract Sunday, signing off on a deal that includes 2.5 percent pay raises each year and a $2,000 ratification bonus.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's governor is calling for houses of worship to mark the first anniversary of the Newtown school shooting by ringing their bells 26 times - once for each of the victims killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary School.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The two youngest members of the U.S. Senate are co-sponsoring legislation aimed at lowering college costs by withholding federal funds from schools that fail to meet new national affordability and quality standards - a proposal likely to draw strong opposition from higher education institutions.
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - A man suspected of killing three women in an apartment complex shot himself to death in front of police officers after letting a 13-month-old child go free, authorities said Sunday.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Anybody who has listened to National Public Radio for the past 31 years would immediately recognize that strong, carefully unwavering voice: "Support for NPR comes from Newman's Own Foundation" or "Support for NPR comes from Novo Nordisk..."
DANBURY, Connecticut - For years, friends and family would tell Bruce Lyon how much they loved his wood-fired pizzas, and would urge him to open his own restaurant.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Authorities have canceled an alert for a missing a 16-year-old Stamford girl they say ran away with her 1-year-old son.
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Yolonzo Moore II scored 21 points - all in the second half - and Mark Nwakamma added 19 as Hartford consistently built upon an early lead to beat Holy Cross 90-78 on Saturday night.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Even though his team lost, Central Connecticut State coach Howie Dickenman felt it turned a corner.
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Memphis coach Justin Fuente doesn't see this season as a step back for the Tigers, despite a disappointing ending.
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Nick Lindner had his hand on nearly every score in a pivotal run down the stretch as Lafayette rallied from five points down to defeat Sacred Heart 86-79 on Saturday afternoon.
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - UConn quarterback Casey Cochran threw for a school record 461 yards and four touchdowns in leading the Huskies to a 45-10 win over Memphis in the season finale for both teams.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut U.S. senators are stepping up pressure on Metro-North Railroad to revamp safety systems after federal transportation regulators ordered the commuter train operator to take emergency measures in the wake of a derailment that killed four people in the Bronx this week.