- Conn. Senate leader says bill would weaken MMA law Updated: Mar-11-14 7:22 pm
- Conn. leaders backing public retirement program Updated: Mar-11-14 7:04 pm
- Danbury teacher charged with sex assault Updated: Mar-11-14 6:37 pm
- Gun rights attorney mulling Conn. governor run Updated: Mar-11-14 5:32 pm
- Feds want video witness in Connecticut terror case Updated: Mar-11-14 3:40 pm
- Conn. bill targets "knock-out game" assaults Updated: Mar-11-14 3:01 pm
- Mystic Aquarium beluga whale dies Updated: Mar-11-14 9:58 am
- State Sen. Boucher not running for Conn. governor Updated: Mar-11-14 9:29 am
- 3 dead in Conn. condominium fire Updated: Mar-11-14 8:41 am
- Stamford man crushed to death by truck Updated: Mar-11-14 8:08 am
- Conn. man charged in abduction, police chase Updated: Mar-11-14 5:46 am
- Louisville's Schimmels inspire Native Americans Updated: Mar-11-14 4:18 am
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title Updated: Mar-10-14 10:38 pm
- UConn women rout Louisville 72-52 to win AAC title Updated: Mar-10-14 10:12 pm
- Conn. home invasion convict unresponsive in cell Updated: Mar-10-14 9:52 pm
- Lawmakers say they're struggling with FOI proposal Updated: Mar-10-14 6:01 pm
- 2 victims in Fairfield house fire identified Updated: Mar-10-14 5:37 pm
- Heroin, cocaine-related deaths up in Connecticut Updated: Mar-10-14 4:37 pm
- 2 bodies found in vehicle in eastern Connecticut Updated: Mar-10-14 1:37 pm
- Conn. court overturns $11.4M crash lawsuit award Updated: Mar-10-14 1:34 pm
- Deliberations begin in Conn. triple murder trial Updated: Mar-10-14 11:10 am
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' Updated: Mar-10-14 10:27 am
- Man charged with killing woman in New Britain Updated: Mar-10-14 6:30 am
- United Rentals to acquire National Pump for $780M Updated: Mar-09-14 7:58 pm
- USF women fall short against No. 3 Louisville Updated: Mar-09-14 6:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Senate president says a bill under consideration would weaken Connecticut's new law legalizing mixed martial arts.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two Democratic leaders of the General Assembly are supporting a bill that would create a state-administered retirement savings plan for private-sector workers.
GREENWICH, Connecticut - A 44-year-old teacher from Danbury has been charged with sexually assaulting a student at a Greenwich parochial school.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Martha Dean, an attorney who helped gun rights advocates challenge the constitutionality of Connecticut's recent gun control law, plans to announce her intentions to run for governor.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A judge should allow a witness to testify by video against a British citizen who pleaded guilty in Connecticut to supporting terrorists through websites, prosecutors said.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A West Hartford police officer is urging state lawmakers to impose tougher criminal penalties for sucker-punch attacks.
MYSTIC, Connecticut - Mystic Aquarium staff and visitors are mourning the loss of a 33-year-old female beluga whale that died after a prolonged respiratory illness.
WILTON, Connecticut - Wilton state Sen. Toni Boucher says she has decided against seeking the Republican nomination for governor this year and will run for a fourth term in the legislature instead.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut officials say three people have died in an early morning fire at a condominium complex.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A 31-year-old Stamford man has died after a pickup truck he was working on rolled off some ramps and crushed him.
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - A convicted felon is accused of abducting the mother of his child and leading police on a car chase in New Britain and Newington. The woman wasn't harmed.
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Whenever Shoni Schimmel's career ends at Louisville, she'll not only have left her mark at the school on the court, but also off it.
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Jeff Walz knows it will take a near-perfect effort for anyone to beat Connecticut. For the third time this season, his Louisville Cardinals came up short on Monday night.
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - New league, same result. It's another championship for UConn.
SOMERS, Connecticut - Steven Hayes, one of two convicts sentenced to death in a 2007 Connecticut home invasion, was in stable condition Monday after he was found unresponsive earlier in the day in his prison cell, authorities said.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Some Connecticut legislators said Monday they're grappling with whether to support legislation proposed this year that would place new restrictions on the public release of information from homicides in an effort to protect victim privacy.
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - A mother and her disabled daughter died in an early morning house fire in Fairfield on Monday, and a fire official said the cause of the blaze was believed to be accidental.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Accidental heroin and cocaine deaths rose sharply in Connecticut last year from the previous year, the medical examiner's office reported Monday, as Attorney General Eric Holder called an increase in heroin-related deaths nationwide a growing public health crisis.
LEBANON, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they are investigating the discovery of two bodies inside a vehicle in the town of Lebanon.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court overturned an $11.4 million jury verdict against the town of Clinton in a lawsuit filed by a man injured in a 2005 car crash who blamed a 911 dispatcher.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut jury is beginning deliberations on whether to recommend the death penalty for a man convicted of killing two adults and a 9-year-old girl in Bridgeport in 2006.
NEW YORK - In his most extensive comments about the 2012 Connecticut school massacre, the father of gunman Adam Lanza describes his struggle to comprehend what his son did - an act that "couldn't get any more evil" - and how he now wishes that his son had never been born.
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - A New Britain man is set to be arraigned on a murder charge in connection with the stabbing death of a woman in his apartment in January.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - United Rentals says it's buying National Pump, the second-largest pump rental company in North America, for $780 million.
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - South Florida coach Jose Fernandez believes his team has done enough to earn an NCAA tournament bid. He hopes the selection committee agrees.