- New England digs out from latest storm; snow in Mid-Atlantic Updated: Feb-09-16 6:49 pm
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod fell short of forecast snowfall totals and spared the Northeast the widespread power outages that had been predicted.
- Length of stay at domestic violence shelters has increased Updated: Feb-09-16 4:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A report by the Connecticut Women's Education and Legal Fund shows the average length of stay at domestic violence shelters in Connecticut has increased over several years.
- Lawmakers mull changes at Connecticut DMV to improve service Updated: Feb-09-16 3:47 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State lawmakers and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy are looking at ways that private entities, such as AAA, might improve service at the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles following a year of backlogs, long lines and other problems stemming from a major computer overhaul.
- Connecticut trooper shot to death during Texas hunting trip Updated: Feb-09-16 3:38 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a veteran trooper has been shot to death during a hunting trip in Texas.
- Duff unveils bill allowing Tesla to sell cars to consumers Updated: Feb-09-16 3:12 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The majority leader of the Connecticut Senate announced Tuesday he's resurrecting legislation that would allow Tesla Motors and other electric vehicle manufacturers to sell cars directly to consumers.
- 7 in critical condition after casino bus crash in snowstorm Updated: Feb-09-16 11:11 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Seven people remain in critical condition following a charter bus crash that injured three dozen during Monday's snowstorm on Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- Man who served 20 years for murder he didn't commit gets $6M Updated: Feb-09-16 10:54 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A man who served more than 20 years in prison for a murder he did not commit has been awarded $6 million by the state of Connecticut.
- Person struck, killed by train in Connecticut Updated: Feb-09-16 4:06 am
OLD LYME, Connecticut - Authorities say a train that was heading from New York to Boston fatally struck a person on train tracks in Connecticut.
- Jury selection underway for 2014 slaying trial Updated: Feb-09-16 4:03 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Jury selection is underway for the trial of a Stratford man charged with murder in the shooting death of a man in Hamden two years ago.
- Merrill proposes automatic voter registration at DMV Updated: Feb-08-16 5:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Secretary of the State Denise Merrill wants people who are doing business with the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles to be automatically registered to vote.
- Man who shot at Connecticut mosque to plead guilty Updated: Feb-08-16 4:48 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who fired a rifle at a mosque next to his home shortly after the terrorist attacks in Paris is scheduled to plead guilty to a federal hate crime.
- 10 people charged with animal cruelty in cockfighting ring Updated: Feb-08-16 4:42 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Police say 10 people have been charged with animal cruelty after officers discovered an illegal cockfight taking place in the basement of a New Britain home.
- Governor, health officials sued over Ebola quarantines Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Several people quarantined in Connecticut after returning from West Africa during the Ebola epidemic in 2014 were essentially imprisoned illegally under a state policy based on politics, not science, according to a lawsuit they filed on Monday.
- Indian tribes say they haven't chosen casino site yet Updated: Feb-08-16 2:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The leaders of Connecticut's two federally recognized Indian tribes say they haven't chosen a site yet for a new, jointly run casino but are nearing "more intensive negotiations."
- Rabid raccoon bites Bridgeport resident Updated: Feb-08-16 12:28 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport resident who was bitten by a raccoon that tested positive for rabies is receiving the vaccine to treat the disease.
- The Latest: Snow could last into New Hampshire primary day Updated: Feb-08-16 8:17 am
BOSTON - The Latest on the winter storm hitting the Northeast on Monday (all times local):
- Police: Man, 87, fatally struck by car in Bridgeport Updated: Feb-08-16 5:09 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Police say an 87-year-old man was fatally struck by a car in Bridgeport.
- Cobb, Milin lead Fairfield to 80-70 victory over Manhattan Updated: Feb-07-16 6:34 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Curtis Cobb scored 20 points and Matija Milin added a career-high 19 points plus nine rebounds to lead Fairfield to an 80-70 victory over Manhattan on Sunday.
- Correction: Insider Trading-Charges story Updated: Feb-07-16 3:59 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - In a story Feb. 6 about a former executive accused of insider trading, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Harman International Industries Inc. was accused of allowing directors to buy or sell Harman securities during a declared trading period window. The company did allow directors to buy or sell Harman securities during a declared trading period window, but it is not accused of any wrongdoing.
- Teacher placed on leave for alleged student relationship Updated: Feb-07-16 2:18 pm
HAMDEN, Connecticut - A teacher at a college preparatory school has been placed on paid administrative leave following allegations she had an inappropriate relationship with a high school student.
- Police: Man arrested on drug charges twice in 1 week Updated: Feb-07-16 12:46 pm
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Police say a Manchester man has been arrested for heroin possession just days after he was arrested on the same charges.
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority planning bond sales Updated: Feb-07-16 11:30 am
ROCKY HILL, Connecticut - The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority is planning two bond sales to raise funds to finance about 750 single-family mortgages.
- Driven by power outages and savings, towns look to microgrid Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 am
ALBANY, New York - An upstate New York town that repeatedly found itself without power for days during a string of storms is planning a dramatic step by pulling its municipal buildings entirely off the electric grid.
- Legislative panel to hold hearings on judge reappointments Updated: Feb-07-16 10:05 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A legislative committee will hold public hearings on whether to reappoint more than 30 state judges to additional eight-year terms.
- Sacred Heart wins 3rd straight, topples LUI Brooklyn, 98-90 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:08 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Jordan Allen scored 20 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and sparked Sacred Heart to its third-straight win, all on its home court, by beating LIU Brooklyn in a Northeast Conference shootout, 98-90 on Saturday afternoon.