- Groton Navy base to mark Independence Day with 21-gun salute Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy base in Groton is marking Independence Day with a 21-gun salute.
- Connecticut camp helps those affected by devastating loss Updated: Jul-04-15 3:09 am
LITCHFIELD, Connecticut - As they gathered in a circle, campers and adult volunteers got to know each other a bit, talking about their favorite movies, playing silly games and sharing laughs. Set amidst the tranquility of Camp Chinqueka, on the shores on Mount Tom Pond, it almost could have been any camp.
- Officials incorporate climate change into beach design Updated: Jul-04-15 3:07 am
MADISON, Connecticut - Thumping louder than the crashing surf and cawing gulls, the pile driver pounding into the earth beats a rumbling rhythm for the birdwatchers, beach walkers, bicyclists and sunbathers at Hammonasset Beach State Park's West Beach this summer.
- Police identify man found dead in Connecticut well Updated: Jul-03-15 8:38 pm
WATERTOWN, Connecticut - Authorities in western Connecticut have identified a man found dead inside a well after an apparent accident.
- Connecticut police find 'mobile meth lab,' make arrests Updated: Jul-03-15 7:11 pm
VERNON, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they arrested a North Carolina man and a teenage girl after discovering what appeared to be a "mobile meth lab."
- Aetna to buy Humana as health insurer landscape shifts Updated: Jul-03-15 3:11 pm
Aetna aims to spend about $35 billion to buy rival Humana and become the latest health insurer bulking up on government business as the industry adjusts to the federal health care overhaul.
- Teen killed, another injured when car hits them in Danbury Updated: Jul-03-15 3:07 pm
DANBURY, Connecticut - A 17-year-old girl died and another teenager was injured when they were struck by a car while crossing a street in Danbury.
- Waterbury Mayor O'Leary changes his mind, will seek 3rd term Updated: Jul-03-15 12:32 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Waterbury Mayor Neil O'Leary says he's changed his mind and will seek a third term.
- Aging, broken infrastructure frustrates Metro-North riders Updated: Jul-03-15 11:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Aging and broken public works have again plagued the Metro-North Railroad in Connecticut, slowing commuters into and out of New York City's Grand Central Terminal.
- Waterbury priest suspended on child sex abuse allegations Updated: Jul-03-15 9:31 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Waterbury priest who once ran the St. Francis Home for Children in New Haven has been suspended on accusations he sexually abused a minor at the school.
- Police: Man pulled over for cell phone use found with drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:25 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man initially pulled over for speaking on his cell phone while driving and failing to signal was carrying more than a pound of cocaine in his car.
- Police: Teen charged in fatal crash involving stolen car Updated: Jul-03-15 4:53 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Connecticut teenager has been arrested in connection to a high-speed crash involving two stolen cars that killed a 15-year-old girl and critically injured a 13-year-old boy.
- Quigley rallies Sky to 77-74 win over Sun Updated: Jul-02-15 9:51 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Elena Delle Donne didn't care about her free throw streak ending or her lack of points, she was just happy her team came away with a victory.
- Marine killed in World War II is buried in Massachusetts Updated: Jul-02-15 7:52 pm
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts - A Marine killed in World War II in the Pacific battle of Tarawa has been buried in his Massachusetts hometown.
- Man charged in connection with gun incident in school Updated: Jul-02-15 6:40 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A New London man has been arrested in connection with an incident at a city middle school in April when a student accidentally fired a gun in a bathroom. No one was injured.
- Prosecutors want more tests on evidence in 1987 murder case Updated: Jul-02-15 2:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Prosecutors said Thursday they want to run more tests on crime scene evidence before deciding whether to pursue another trial against a mentally disabled man convicted earlier of raping and killing his wife's 88-year-old grandmother in 1987.
- Connecticut police seize fireworks worth nearly $250K Updated: Jul-02-15 12:35 pm
DANBURY, Connecticut - Connecticut state police say illegal fireworks worth nearly $250,000 have been seized from a home and a storage barn in Danbury.
- Driver sentenced to time served in Norwich bar shooting Updated: Jul-02-15 8:43 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A 33-year-old man who admitted he drove the gunman away from a fatal shooting at a Norwich bar in 2012 has been sentenced to the two years he already has served in prison.
- Police: Ice cream truck driver impersonated wanted man Updated: Jul-02-15 7:10 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say Hartford man who was on probation has been arrested after being found in an ice cream truck with a 13-year-old boy.
- Jury awards $4.2M to man in medical malpractice suit Updated: Jul-02-15 4:43 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been awarded $4.2 million as compensation for a surgery he says caused him to lose the use of his shoulder.
- WWE seeking to block concussion-related lawsuits Updated: Jul-01-15 10:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. is asking a federal judge to block lawsuits by former wrestlers who claim they have suffered long-term health problems from concussions they received in the ring.
- Man charged with dangerous illegal gas tap in Connecticut Updated: Jul-01-15 8:37 pm
SHELTON, Connecticut - Police have arrested a New York man they say set up a dangerous illegal natural gas tap at a Connecticut nail salon he formerly owned.
- Malloy vetoes bill creating education commissioner standards Updated: Jul-01-15 2:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has vetoed a bill that would have created job qualifications for Connecticut's next education commissioner.
- Connecticut on track to end year with $115.7 M deficit Updated: Jul-01-15 12:29 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State Comptroller Kevin Lembo says Connecticut is on pace to end the 2015 fiscal year with a $115.7 million deficit.
- Union-represented workers ratify 4-year contracts at GE Updated: Jul-01-15 12:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Union workers at General Electric Co. have ratified contracts that increase compensation by $15,500 over four years, hold the line on health care contributions next year, provide pension improvements and make other changes.