- Bear chases runners in Connecticut, euthanasia planned Updated: May-04-15 5:05 pm
GRANBY, Connecticut - Connecticut officials say they plan to euthanize a bear that chased two runners in separate incidents at a game refuge in Granby. But first they have to catch it.
- Feds arrest 8 on steroid, oxycodone distribution charges Updated: May-04-15 4:56 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Eight people, including two Newtown police officials and a state judicial marshal, have been arrested on accusations of distributing steroids and prescription pills, federal prosecutors said Monday.
- Malloy says he's hearing complaints about Connecticut budget Updated: May-04-15 4:07 pm
WINDSOR, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says he's getting complaints from Connecticut citizens about the prospect of paying higher taxes.
- New England states launch regional crackdown on speeding Updated: May-04-15 3:34 pm
WINDSOR, Connecticut - State police across New England on Monday launched the region's first coordinated crackdown on speeding and failing to wear seat belts.
- State's casinos competing with themselves in new venture Updated: May-04-15 11:59 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A casino proposed in a joint venture between the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino will take customers away from their own Connecticut businesses, an operator of one of the tribal casinos said Monday.
- Kayaker reported missing in Shetucket River in Norwich Updated: May-04-15 5:55 am
NORWICH, Connecticut - A dive team has been called in to help search for a man whose kayak overturned in the Shetucket River in Norwich.
- High school crew team members hospitalized after lake crash Updated: May-04-15 5:34 am
COVENTRY, Connecticut - Four female members of a northeastern Connecticut high school crew team were hospitalized after their boat got into an accident on Coventry Lake.
- Correction Department says guard attacked at Suffield prison Updated: May-04-15 5:22 am
SUFFIELD, Connecticut - The MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institute in Suffield was in lockdown after what prison officials describe as an assault on a correction officer.
- Proposed ordinance targets dirt bikes, ATVs on city streets Updated: May-04-15 1:17 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A newly proposed ordinance calls for stiff penalties for those caught driving dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles on Connecticut's biggest city's streets.
- Police: Man arrested on charges in Connecticut house fire Updated: May-03-15 8:37 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - New Britain police say a man has been arrested on charges in a Connecticut house fire.
- Destructive Southern pine beetle detected at 4 state sites Updated: May-03-15 4:38 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut environmental officials say the destructive Southern pine beetle has been detected at four sites in Hartford, Litchfield and New Haven counties.
- Connecticut bill would boost child support enforcement funds Updated: May-03-15 1:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are considering ways to improve collection of past due child support payments.
- Bridgeport police arrest man after brothers shot, 1 killed Updated: May-03-15 1:16 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police say a man is in custody after he allegedly shot two brothers in an argument, killing one of them.
- After serving Yale students, son of immigrant becomes one Updated: May-03-15 4:06 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Hacibey Catalbasoglu was serving his father's pizza to Yale students when he was a preteen, even making a pie or two.
- Local Connecticut town twins earn spot in Polka Hall of Fame Updated: May-03-15 4:05 am
BRISTOL, Connecticut - Though almost forgotten today, two brothers from Bristol formed one of the great polka bands in America and each earned a spot in the International Polka Association's Hall of Fame.
- Man, 88, gives up license after crash that killed wife Updated: May-03-15 1:38 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An 88-year-old father of six from Connecticut pleaded no contest to a traffic charge in a fatal car crash that killed a pregnant woman and his wife of 67 years.
- Warren to headline Connecticut Democrats dinner Updated: May-02-15 12:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a liberal stalwart that some have hoped will enter the 2016 presidential race, will headline the Connecticut Democratic Party's annual fundraising dinner.
- Connecticut WWII veterans to visit Washington war memorials Updated: May-02-15 12:11 pm
FARMINGTON, Connecticut - Two Connecticut veterans of World War II are set to visit Washington, D.C.'s monuments and memorials honoring millions of service members.
- Festival honors cyclist killed on ride to Florida last year Updated: May-02-15 12:05 pm
FARMINGTON, Connecticut - The Connecticut hometown of a cyclist who was fatally stabbed in Florida last year is holding a memorial festival in his honor.
- National YMCA's first black CEO aims to boost youth programs Updated: May-02-15 11:34 am
NEW YORK - As a 10-year-old growing up in a rough section of South Philadelphia, Kevin Washington was invited to join the local YMCA, and not long thereafter - still a non-swimmer - found himself standing above the deep end of the pool.
- Event to benefit autism foundation honoring Newtown victim Updated: May-02-15 9:26 am
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - Runners and bicyclists are gathering in Newtown for what organizers are calling a "wingathlon" to benefit the foundation set up by the family of one of the 20 children killed in the Sandy Hook massacre.
- Conn. College, high school students unite for mural project Updated: May-02-15 4:07 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - On a Saturday morning at Bates Woods Park, New London High School senior Harry Georges told Connecticut College art professor Andrea Wollensak that he had figured it out. He had decided on the quote he wanted to paint onto the mural he and other students were creating at the park.
- Man gets 15 years in prison for trying to hang wife Updated: May-01-15 8:42 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for trying to hang his wife with a noose tied to their garage ceiling.
- NRC identifies 3 violations at Millstone plant in Waterford Updated: May-01-15 6:10 pm
WATERFORD, Connecticut - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says it has identified three apparent violations from 2011 at the Millstone nuclear power complex in Waterford.
- Woman, 20, charged with murder in teen's fatal stabbing Updated: May-01-15 3:14 pm
LITCHFIELD, Connecticut - A woman has been charged with murder in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old Torrington woman.