- Connecticut hoping to stave off possible nursing home strike Updated: Jul-29-15 6:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's administration has been working in recent weeks to come up with a new state funding arrangement that could help fend off possible strikes at unionized nursing homes across the state.
- Danbury pet shop owner arrested on animal cruelty charges Updated: Jul-29-15 5:17 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The owner of a Danbury pet shop has been arrested on charges of animal cruelty on allegations he failed to properly care for two dogs and a kitten, requiring two animals to be euthanized.
- Ceremony marks 10th anniversary of Avon Mountain crash Updated: Jul-29-15 3:42 pm
AVON, Connecticut - Victims' relatives and emergency responders were among those who gathered to mark the 10th anniversary of the fiery Avon Mountain crash that killed four people and injured 19 others.
- 2 Southington teens identified as I-84 fatal crash victims Updated: Jul-29-15 2:52 pm
SOUTHINGTON, Connecticut - State police have identified two teenagers who were killed when their car went off Interstate 84 in Southington, rolled over and hit a tree.
- Cost-cutting, gambling rise boost Mohegan Sun 3Q profit Updated: Jul-29-15 1:16 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - A spike in slot machine and table game use and cost-cutting helped significantly boost third-quarter profit at the Mohegan Sun casinos in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, the parent company reported Wednesday.
- Stratford man accused of performing sex act with shrubbery Updated: Jul-29-15 8:22 am
STRATFORD, Connecticut - An 81-year-old Stratford man has been charged with public indecency, accused of performing a sex act with some shrubbery.
- State Labor Department expecting layoffs amid funding cuts Updated: Jul-29-15 7:47 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state Department of Labor is expecting to issue layoff notices to dozens of its employees as the result of cuts in federal funding.
- Police: 2 killed after car flips over on I-84 in Connecticut Updated: Jul-29-15 5:07 am
SOUTHINGTON, Connecticut - Police say two people were killed after their car rolled over on a Connecticut highway and fell down an embankment.
- Connecticut man pleads guilty in brutal assault of woman Updated: Jul-29-15 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man accused of brutally assaulting a woman earlier this year has pleaded guilty to charges of sexual assault, kidnapping and strangulation.
- Catchings hits game-winner, becomes 2nd all-time scorer Updated: Jul-28-15 10:05 pm
- Woman accused of insurance arson gets suspended sentence Updated: Jul-28-15 8:47 pm
DANIELSON, Connecticut - A woman accused of using fireworks to burn down her Windham home for insurance has received a fully suspended prison sentence.
- Lawmakers to hold hearings on juvenile detention conditions Updated: Jul-28-15 6:43 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislative leaders say they want the General Assembly to hold hearings about the conditions and practices at the state's juvenile detention facilities.
- Autopsy: Artist's 1959 death may have followed fall or push Updated: Jul-28-15 4:05 pm
NORWICH, Connecticut - A forensic pathologist says the mysterious 1959 death of a Connecticut artist was the result of hypothermia but he may have been assaulted or pushed to the ground.
- High rollers: Dealers describe special treatment, abuse Updated: Jul-28-15 3:47 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - One high roller requests a refrigerator full of bananas that he squeezes and throws as he gambles. Another urinates against a wall. Other high-stakes players described by a pit manager at Mohegan Sun, one of the world's largest casinos, throw chairs, scream at dealers and expect rules to be bent at the tables.
- Woman charged with falsely reporting racial profiling Updated: Jul-28-15 2:43 pm
WETHERSFIELD, Connecticut - A 62-year-old woman who alleged she was racially profiled by a Connecticut state trooper during a traffic stop has been charged with filing a false report.
- Police: 4 charged in counterfeit money scheme Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say four people have been arrested after allegedly using counterfeit money at food shops in West Hartford.
- Police: Father, son killed in tractor-trailer crash on I-95 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:04 am
STONINGTON, Connecticut - Authorities say a man and his young son have been killed in a tractor-trailer crash on Interstate 95 in Stonington, Connecticut.
- University of Hartford athletic program to get a new look Updated: Jul-28-15 9:52 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Hartford's athletic teams are getting a new look.
- More than a dozen families left homeless in Hartford fire Updated: Jul-28-15 8:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - About a dozen families are homeless and at least three firefighters are recovering from minor injuries suffered battling an overnight fire in Hartford.
- Police: Woman likely set house fire that took her life Updated: Jul-28-15 7:19 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Stamford woman found dead after a fire in her home apparently set the blaze.
- Woman shot to death on New Haven porch Updated: Jul-28-15 7:13 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven police say a 25-year-old woman has been shot to death on her front porch.
- Police: Teen took mother's car on joyride, crashed 3 times Updated: Jul-28-15 4:46 am
TORRINGTON, Connecticut - Police say a teen was arrested after he stole his mother's SUV, took it for a joyride and crashed it three times in Connecticut.
- Panel to vote on first batch of transportation projects Updated: Jul-28-15 4:05 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Funding for the first block of projects under Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's proposed transportation overhaul will be up for a vote.
- Black bear seen in wooded area near Connecticut home Updated: Jul-28-15 2:05 am
WESTPORT, Connecticut - Westport police are urging residents to be cautious after receiving a report of a black bear in a wooded area not far from where there was another sighting.
- Hartford Democrats endorse attorney Luke Bronin for mayor Updated: Jul-27-15 9:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford Democrats have endorsed attorney Luke Bronin for mayor, after incumbent Pedro Segarra declined a showdown at the city nominating convention.