- Wyoming authorities chase, arrest Missouri fugitive Updated: Nov-27-15 10:25 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming authorities say they have arrested a fugitive from Missouri after shooting at and ramming the man's vehicle as it traveled the wrong direction on the highway.
- Man accused of sex crimes against girls pleads not guilty Updated: Nov-25-15 11:13 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Natrona County man who is accused of sexually assaulting four different underage girls has pleaded not guilty.
- El Nino expected to create drier, warmer Wyoming winter Updated: Nov-24-15 8:01 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Eager skiers and snowboarders and Wyoming may have to wait a year for an extra-thick blanket of powdery snow as El Nino is expected to bring a drier and warmer winter to the northwest.
- Wyoming officials concerned about new safety laws Updated: Nov-21-15 5:20 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A new provision in the recently passed federal budget that provides for stiffer penalties on companies that break safety laws is causing concern among industry representatives and state officials who don't know how to enforce it.
- Motel owner: Man who died in fire was trespassing in room Updated: Nov-20-15 11:05 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The owner of a Casper motel that was the site of a deadly fire earlier this month says the man who was killed illegally entered the vacant room and sparked the blaze by smoking on a bare mattress.
- Casper police officers learn to address mental illness Updated: Nov-18-15 9:56 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Casper Police Detective Tony Stedellie pulled up a chair and sat down next to a despondent man holding a nearly-empty bottle of Jim Beam bourbon.
- Coal companies abandon future Wyoming mining projects Updated: Nov-17-15 3:04 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Coal companies have abandoned applications to mine nearly 2 billion tons of coal reserves in Wyoming this year.
- Casper pizzeria owner announces bid for US House seat Updated: Nov-17-15 10:05 am
CASPER, Wyoming - The owner of a Casper pizzeria has announced he is running for U.S. House of Representatives as a Republican.
- University of Wyoming to hire a diversity coordinator Updated: Nov-17-15 4:01 am
CASPER, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming president has announced plans to create a diversity coordinator position and form a committee tasked with increasing inclusivity on campus.
- 2 dead after stolen truck crashes near Casper Updated: Nov-13-15 4:01 am
RIVERTON, Wyoming - Authorities say two Fremont County residents have died after the stolen truck they were in rolled over near Casper.
- Wyoming could let counties pass wildlife feeding bans Updated: Nov-12-15 11:07 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming counties could prohibit people from feeding wildlife if a proposed bill passes during the state's 2016 legislative session.
- Pedestrian pathways bill to go before state Legislature Updated: Nov-11-15 9:09 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A state legislative committee is pushing a bill that would create a task force to study existing pathways and recommend possible opportunities for expansion.
- Casper fire started by 5-year-old playing with matches Updated: Nov-10-15 10:25 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Officials say a 5-year-old boy playing with matches started a fire that badly damaged a Wyoming home.
- Boy killed by train while walking on tracks in Thermopolis Updated: Nov-09-15 11:32 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Police say a boy who was listening to music through earphones was struck and killed by a train in Thermopolis.
- Lawmakers consider reform as state prison populations grow Updated: Nov-09-15 11:03 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Officials at the Wyoming Department of Corrections are warning that as more people are sentenced to state prisons, spare beds are becoming scarce.
- Game and Fish considers migration route protections Updated: Nov-08-15 5:02 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Nearly all of Wyoming's big game animals migrate, and in much the same way. They wander from lush, green mountains in the summer to dry, wind-swept prairies in the winter.
- No charges against man who shot vet's service dog Updated: Nov-07-15 10:58 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Authorities say they will not charge a bicyclist who shot a military veteran's service dog.
- Casper College student killed in crash near Wright Updated: Nov-05-15 11:24 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Casper College officials say a 19-year-old student was killed in a crash near Wright.
- Casper man gets up to 25 years for raping child Updated: Nov-04-15 10:57 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper man will spend up to 25 years in prison for repeatedly sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl.
- Original state flag voted most significant Wyoming artifact Updated: Nov-03-15 12:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The original state flag has been voted the most significant artifact in any museum or library in Wyoming.
- 1 dead in weekend rollover in Fremont County Updated: Nov-02-15 2:42 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - A 27-year-old Casper woman died in a single vehicle rollover in Fremont County, but a 6-month-old infant survived after spending about 11 hours alone before the wreck was found.
- State employee group watching for job losses Updated: Nov-02-15 2:04 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - An organization that represents Wyoming's 8,200 workers is watching the Legislature for signs of possible jobs or benefit cuts as lawmakers prepare to pass a two-year budget.
- Wyoming banks in better position to weather oil price drop Updated: Oct-31-15 1:19 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - When oil prices collapsed in the 1980s, many Wyoming banks followed suit. Twenty Cowboy State banks closed their doors between 1980 and 1994. Seven failed in 1986 alone, the year crude prices lost half their value.
- Former parole officer convicted of sex assault loses appeal Updated: Oct-30-15 9:54 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Supreme Court has rejected an appeal filed by a former Sheridan probation and parole officer who was convicted of sexual assault.
- Wyoming group decreases funding request for radio network Updated: Oct-30-15 10:53 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Wyoming commission has told lawmakers it can improve public safety communication with less money than originally thought and reduced its funding request by nearly $3 million.