- Port says Newark doesn't have right to negotiate with Uber Updated: Apr-28-16 4:49 pm
NEW YORK - The head of the bi-state transit agency that runs Newark's airport says the city doesn't have the legal authority to reach an agreement with Uber to let drivers pick up passengers there.
- Device was buried but airport's blizzard measurement was OK Updated: Apr-28-16 1:10 pm
A weather observer at Reagan National Airport lost a snow-measuring device during the January blizzard but still accurately recorded a snowfall total that was lower than in nearby Washington, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday.
- Jury to hear cop's racial comments in nanny-cam attack case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:00 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Jurors deciding the fate of a man prosecutors say was caught on a "nanny cam" attacking a woman while her 3-year-old daughter watched cartoons will also see a part of the video where a white investigator is heard using racial slurs to describe the black suspect.
- Christie looking into property tax revaluations in 5 towns Updated: Apr-28-16 12:31 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Christie administration says five New Jersey towns have not revaluated property tax assessments in more than 25 years and is ordering an investigation.
- New Jersey man admits producing fake driver's licenses Updated: Apr-25-16 5:34 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to producing fake driver's licenses and filing bogus tax returns using stolen identity information.
- Man accused of assaulting priest in Newark church Updated: Apr-25-16 5:44 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a man walked into a Newark church and assaulted a priest.
- 3 suffer non-life-threatening gunshot wounds at Newark bar Updated: Apr-24-16 10:14 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two people have been treated and released while a third is still hospitalized after a bar shooting in New Jersey's largest city.
- Newark authorities raid, close unlicensed bar in city Updated: Apr-23-16 5:43 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Officials say they confiscated more than 200 bottles of beer, alcohol as well as marijuana in a raid of an illicit bar in Newark.
- Rabbi sues Manischewitz, saying it let kosher standards slip Updated: Apr-21-16 6:20 pm
NEW YORK - A rabbi is accusing kosher foods giant Manischewitz of pushing him out as their longtime inspector of holiday matzos after he complained that the company wasn't sticking to strict Jewish religious practices.
- United flight delayed in NY when passenger utters 'bomb' Updated: Apr-20-16 10:38 am
ALBANY, New York - A United Airlines flight has been delayed at a New York airport after a male passenger uttered the word "bomb."
- Man pleads not guilty in shooting death of Rutgers student Updated: Apr-19-16 3:58 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A man accused in the fatal shooting of a Rutgers University student has pleaded not guilty to murder and robbery charges.
- Brush fires near tracks halt trains near New York City Updated: Apr-19-16 3:42 pm
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - Amtrak has restored service on its busy Northeast Corridor line between Newark, New Jersey, and New York's Penn Station.
- 3 plead not guilty to murder charges in strip club shooting Updated: Apr-18-16 2:15 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Three men charged in the fatal shooting of another man outside a New Jersey strip club late last year have pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges.
- Correction: Camden-No More Baseball story Updated: Apr-18-16 12:58 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - In a story April 17 about a baseball stadium in Camden, New Jersey, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the league that the Camden Riversharks played in. It was an independent league, not a minor league.
- Newark police: Cyberattack disrupted some computer systems Updated: Apr-16-16 12:53 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newark police officials say a cyberattack shut down some of their computer systems for three days last week.
- Arrest made in killing of Rutgers student in New Jersey Updated: Apr-13-16 3:10 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - An arrest has been made in the fatal shooting of a Rutgers University student in New Jersey last weekend.
- Man killed, woman severely injured in Newark shooting Updated: Apr-13-16 2:45 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a man was killed and a woman was severely injured when shots rang out in New Jersey's largest city.
- Man admits to 2012 fatal shooting of cab driver Updated: Apr-13-16 5:47 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A 23-year-old man has admitted to killing a Newark cab driver during a series of armed robberies in 2012.
- Commuter rail defends audio surveillance aboard trains Updated: Apr-12-16 6:04 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit's director defended the use of audio surveillance systems on some of its trains Tuesday, as some questioned the monitoring's legal and ethical underpinnings.
- Newark to tax Airbnb rentals at the same rate as hotels Updated: Apr-12-16 11:08 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey's largest city will tax Airbnb rentals at the same rate as hotels.
- Woman dies after she's rescued from burning building Updated: Apr-11-16 11:03 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a woman firefighters rescued from a burning building in Newark has died.
- Newark police investigating pit bull attack on woman, 51 Updated: Apr-10-16 3:48 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newark police are investigating a pit bull attack that left a 51-year-old woman injured.
- Man, 31, struck and killed by car in downtown Newark Updated: Apr-10-16 10:09 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A 31-year-old man has been struck and killed by a car in downtown Newark.
- Most school districts in New Jersey go untested for lead Updated: Apr-09-16 1:12 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Fears are growing in New Jersey over how much lead is in school water.
- Attorney: Suspended fire captain is victim of retaliation Updated: Apr-08-16 5:33 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The defense attorney for a suspended Newark Fire Department Captain accused of impersonating a law enforcement officer says her client maintains his innocence and claims that the charges are part of the city's ongoing retaliation against him.