- Man killed in shooting near Newark police headquarters Updated: Nov-29-15 1:02 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Newark man shot near the city's police headquarters has died from his injuries.
- Authorities: Teen, 2 men wounded in Newark street shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 2:46 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Three people were hospitalized Saturday after a street shooting in Newark, the latest in a series of violent incidents that have rocked New Jersey's largest city.
- NYC-area ports stare down sizeable challenge of modernizing Updated: Nov-28-15 1:05 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - From ultra-thin laptops to drones to smartphones, the shelves of big-box retailers overflow with gadgets to help us communicate and conduct business at greater and greater speeds.
- Prosecutors: 2 people killed in separate Newark shootings Updated: Nov-26-15 3:15 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two people have been shot to death in New Jersey's largest city, but authorities say it's not clear if the separate shootings are connected.
- Holiday travelers in New Jersey face tighter security Updated: Nov-25-15 6:29 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Holiday travelers in New Jersey will see a greater police presence in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris.
- 4 state troopers help deliver baby on New Jersey Turnpike Updated: Nov-24-15 4:25 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey state troopers have made a special delivery on one of the nation's busiest toll roads.
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Newark killing arrested in New York Updated: Nov-21-15 3:06 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a man wanted in connection with the killing of a 64-year-old in Newark this week has been arrested.
- Investigators probe death of a man found with body trauma Updated: Nov-20-15 12:39 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities in Newark are probing the death of a man who was found with apparent body trauma.
- Doctor sentenced in New Jersey lab referral scheme Updated: Nov-18-15 2:20 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Long Island doctor has been sentenced to prison for his role in a bribery scheme involving a New Jersey lab.
- Mark Zuckerberg on philanthropy: Move slow and build things Updated: Nov-18-15 9:31 am
SAN FRANCISCO - After making their fortunes from new software or social networks, some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs have vowed to apply their skills to "hacking" philanthropy and "disrupting" old models for funding charity.
- Rutgers beats Rutgers-Newark, 72-59 Updated: Nov-13-15 9:31 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Mike Williams scored 18 points, and recorded career highs with 11 rebounds and five steals, Friday night to lead Rutgers past Rutgers-Newark 72-59 in the season opener for both teams.
- Man set up fake kill site in NY after killing bear in NJ Updated: Nov-12-15 5:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has admitted to illegally killing a black bear in the state, driving it to New York and then setting up a fake kill site to cover his tracks.
- Postal officer shot in the hand by police impersonator Updated: Nov-12-15 1:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a postal police officer has been released from a hospital after he was shot in the hand after two men impersonating police officers pulled him over.
- Florida woman accused of concealing gun at Newark airport Updated: Nov-12-15 9:26 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a Florida woman concealed a stolen handgun and a loaded bullet magazine in her checked suitcase at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Authorities: Officer shoots, wounds armed robbery suspect Updated: Nov-12-15 5:23 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey police officer shot an armed suspect after interrupting an early-morning robbery at a gas station.
- Woman sentenced for man's death after penis enlargement Updated: Nov-09-15 7:18 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey woman who caused a man's death by injecting silicone into his penis has been sentenced to five years in state prison.
- Prof: Toss conviction for sexually assaulting disabled man Updated: Nov-09-15 2:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Rutgers University professor is asking a judge to throw out her conviction for sexually assaulting a man who has cerebral palsy and cannot speak.
- Officer fires shot during chase, but no one hit by bullet Updated: Nov-07-15 4:10 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a Newark police officer fired a shot while pursuing a suspect, but no one was struck by the bullet.
- Shooting leaves 1 dead in northern New Jersey Updated: Nov-06-15 6:15 pm
IRVINGTON, New Jersey - Authorities have identified the man killed in a shooting in Irvington.
- Zuckerberg talks success, lessons learned in Newark schools Updated: Nov-06-15 5:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Five years after donating $100 million to remake education in Newark, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg says he's using lessons learned about the need for community involvement in his next effort in California. He also highlighted some successes in New Jersey's largest city.
- Dashcam video of man holding hands up helps convict officers Updated: Nov-05-15 6:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two police officers who accused a motorist of trying to grab one of their guns were convicted Thursday of misconduct in part because a dashcam video showed the motorist holding his hands up.
- Prudential Financial misses Street 3Q forecasts Updated: Nov-04-15 4:57 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Prudential Financial Inc. (PRU) on Wednesday reported third-quarter earnings of $1.47 billion.
- High court won't hear Newark schoolyard attacker's appeal Updated: Nov-04-15 2:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A man who pleaded guilty in a notorious triple murder in a Newark schoolyard lost his bid to have the state's highest court hear his appeal of his 3-decade sentence.
- Port Authority explores airport access fees Updated: Nov-04-15 6:19 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - It might cost to pick up or drop off passengers at Newark, Kennedy and LaGuardia airports.
- Florida man gets 6½ years in prison for credit card scam Updated: Nov-03-15 2:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A federal judge in New Jersey sentenced a Florida man to 6½ years in prison Tuesday for running a website that sold fake credit and debit cards.