- Aetna turns in better-than-expected 2Q, hikes forecast again Updated: Aug-04-15 1:10 pm
Aetna's second-quarter earnings jumped 33 percent and the health insurer raised its 2015 forecast again after receiving a boost from a government business it plans to feed with a roughly $35 billion acquisition.
- Track construction begins on New Haven-Springfield rail line Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Construction of a second track for the expanded rail line from New Haven to Springfield, Massachusetts, began Monday, and commuters will be bused along the route for the next year.
- Woman accused of hiring hit man to kill ex gets probation Updated: Aug-03-15 5:55 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A woman charged with hiring a hit man to kill her ex-husband during a bitter child custody dispute was sentenced Monday to five years of probation in a plea deal.
- Ex-cop arrested last week faces more charges from weekend Updated: Aug-03-15 3:49 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - A former Hartford police officer arrested twice last week is facing new charges after boating-related incidents over the weekend.
- Hartford police investigate stabbing near baseball field Updated: Aug-03-15 3:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police in Hartford say they're investigating a stabbing that occurred in the parking lot near the baseball field in Colt Park.
- 25-year-old man is Hartford's 20th homicide victim of 2015 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 25-year-old man has died after a Saturday night shooting in Hartford.
- Monitor named to oversee Hartford elections Updated: Aug-02-15 1:56 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The city of Hartford will soon have an election monitor.
- Hartford lawyer suspended for impersonating fellow lawyer Updated: Aug-01-15 7:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge has suspended a Hartford attorney for impersonating a fellow lawyer 11 years ago.
- Hartford man gets 37 years in prison for cold case killings Updated: Jul-30-15 8:46 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man has been sentenced to 37 years in prison for two killings in 2006 and 2009 that had been featured on "cold case playing cards" that authorities hand out in an effort to get tips on unsolved cases.
- Man gets 80-year term after killing of pregnant girlfriend Updated: Jul-30-15 6:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man convicted of hiring a hit man to kill his pregnant girlfriend after she refused to have an abortion was sentenced to 80 years in prison Thursday and immediately vowed to appeal.
- Connecticut man pleads guilty in brutal assault of woman Updated: Jul-29-15 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man accused of brutally assaulting a woman earlier this year has pleaded guilty to charges of sexual assault, kidnapping and strangulation.
- Police: 4 charged in counterfeit money scheme Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say four people have been arrested after allegedly using counterfeit money at food shops in West Hartford.
- University of Hartford athletic program to get a new look Updated: Jul-28-15 9:52 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Hartford's athletic teams are getting a new look.
- More than a dozen families left homeless in Hartford fire Updated: Jul-28-15 8:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - About a dozen families are homeless and at least three firefighters are recovering from minor injuries suffered battling an overnight fire in Hartford.
- Hartford Democrats endorse attorney Luke Bronin for mayor Updated: Jul-27-15 9:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford Democrats have endorsed attorney Luke Bronin for mayor, after incumbent Pedro Segarra declined a showdown at the city nominating convention.
- Man found fatally shot in car in Hartford Updated: Jul-26-15 4:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a 47-year-old man has been fatally shot in Hartford.
- 2 officers, 2 citizens hurt in Hartford police chase crash Updated: Jul-24-15 5:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford authorities say a suspect in a stolen minivan rammed into police cruisers and damaged at least six other vehicles during a chase that ended in a crash and the suspect in custody. Two officers and two citizens were brought to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- United Technologies: US probes Sikorsky on Navy contract Updated: Jul-24-15 4:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Justice Department has launched a criminal probe into allegations that subsidiary helicopter maker Sikorsky and two subsidiaries overbilled the Navy, United Technologies Corp. said Friday.
- Connecticut mom charged with cruelty against disabled son Updated: Jul-23-15 9:22 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman whose 11-year-old disabled son weighed only 28 pounds during a medical exam in March has been charged with child cruelty, assault and other crimes, police said.
- Man shot at bakery faces attempted robbery charge Updated: Jul-22-15 8:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 36-year-old Hartford man has been charged with attempted robbery and assault after being shot outside a city bakery.
- United Technologies posts lower 2Q revenue, profit Updated: Jul-21-15 11:25 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - United Technologies Corp. posted second-quarter declines Tuesday in revenue and profit as a strong dollar cut exports. It also reduced its 2015 outlook on Otis elevator sales in Europe and China's slowing economy.
- Lockheed Martin to buy Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion Updated: Jul-20-15 1:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Lockheed Martin will acquire Black Hawk helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion as it seeks greater access to the military and commercial helicopter market.
- Hot weather leads city officials to open cooling centers Updated: Jul-20-15 7:31 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford has announced plans to open four cooling centers city to battle the summer heat.
- 2 wounded, 1 critical, in Hartford nightclub shooting Updated: Jul-19-15 4:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say a man is in critical condition after a shooting outside a nightclub that also injured a woman.
- Baby dies after being found unresponsive in bathtub Updated: Jul-19-15 9:56 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities in Hartford are investigating the death of a 1-year-old boy who was found unconscious in a bathtub earlier in the week.