- St. Francis Brooklyn overtakes Hartford in 74-67 win Updated: Nov-29-15 6:41 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Yunus Hopkinson and Tyreek Jewell scored 20 points apiece to lift St. Francis Brooklyn to a 74-67 win over Hartford on Sunday.
- Jury selection set in suit accusing ex-NFL player of assault Updated: Nov-29-15 11:48 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A lawsuit accusing former NFL defensive end Hugh Douglas of assaulting his ex-girlfriend at a Connecticut hotel in 2013 is headed toward trial.
- Hearing to continue in Malloy mailings dispute Updated: Nov-29-15 9:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Lawyers for state elections officials and the state Democratic Party will be returning to court in a dispute over whether the party illegally spent money on Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's re-election campaign last year.
- Rallies on Syrian refugee policy held in Hartford Updated: Nov-28-15 5:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Opponents and supporters of plans to accept Syrian refugees into the United States held dueling but peaceful rallies in Hartford.
- Connecticut Governor's Residence to open for holiday tours Updated: Nov-28-15 2:36 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut residents will have an opportunity to tour the Governor's Residence in Hartford.
- Hartford police investigating 2 early morning shootings Updated: Nov-28-15 1:09 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are investigating a pair of early morning shootings that injured two men.
- Connecticut State Police dog to receive protective vest Updated: Nov-28-15 12:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut State Police dog will be getting some extra protection on the job.
- Dallas Moore leads North Florida over Hartford 81-60 Updated: Nov-27-15 9:19 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Dallas Moore had 16 points with seven assists and a career-high 14 rebounds to lead North Florida to an 81-60 victory over Hartford in the Brooklyn Hoops Classic on Friday night.
- Lawsuit by slain Connecticut inmate's family is reinstated Updated: Nov-27-15 1:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court has reinstated a lawsuit by the family of a man who killed five people in a car wreck in 2006 and was slain in prison two years later by a fellow inmate who was related to one of the crash victims.
- Man convicted of manslaughter after running over co-worker Updated: Nov-26-15 11:20 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man has been found guilty of manslaughter after prosecutors said he ran over and killed a co-worker following a dispute at a bar.
- Woman gets 20 years for strangling boyfriend with cord Updated: Nov-26-15 10:57 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman who says she choked her boyfriend to death with a 25-foot extension cord to protect herself has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Connecticut tribes seek local approvals of casino sites Updated: Nov-25-15 4:59 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's two federally recognized tribes are asking communities interested in hosting a new casino near the Massachusetts border to move ahead with their local approval processes.
- Felon accused of opening fire at Hartford car dealership Updated: Nov-25-15 10:36 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police have arrested a man they say shot at a car dealership.
- 3-pointers help Hartford beat Niagara 77-73 Updated: Nov-24-15 9:32 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - George Blagojevic scored 18 points, John Carroll added 11 and grabbed 10 rebounds with five assists, and Hartford held off Niagara 77-73 on Tuesday to win its home opener.
- Report: Connecticut motorists losing $5.1 billion annually Updated: Nov-24-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A national transportation research group released a report Tuesday that found Connecticut motorists are losing $5.1 billion annually due to congestion-related delays, higher vehicle operating costs and traffic crashes.
- Connecticut judge ends receivership of schooner Amistad Updated: Nov-23-15 3:39 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge has ended state receivership over the Amistad schooner and dissolved the embattled organization that had operated the vessel.
- Correction: Free Speech-College Presidents Updated: Nov-23-15 11:06 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story Nov. 22 about debates over free speech on college campuses, The Associated Press erroneously reported how Williams College President Adam Falk described students' background. He said Williams students come from a media environment that doesn't foster "conversation" across disagreements, not "conservation."
- Hartford schools chief appoints team to help Syrian families Updated: Nov-21-15 4:08 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The superintendent of schools in Hartford has appointed a team to coordinate assistance for any Syrian refugee families that come to live in the district.
- Police: 2-car crash leaves man dead, 3 others injured Updated: Nov-21-15 11:30 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a South Windsor man is dead and three others were hurt in a two-car collision.
- University of Hartford president to retire in 2017 Updated: Nov-20-15 10:26 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The president of the University of Hartford says he plans to retire in 2017 after nearly two decades with the school.
- Man, 53, gets prison time for sexually assaulting child Updated: Nov-20-15 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An East Hartford man convicted of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old girl has been sentenced to more than 40 years in prison.
- Ex-trooper who stole from dying crash victim loses pension Updated: Nov-19-15 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut state police trooper who stole cash and jewelry from a dying motorcycle accident victim and then resigned has lost his state pension.
- Former priest pleads guilty to lesser charge in assault case Updated: Nov-19-15 4:32 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Prosecutors have dropped the most serious charges against a former East Windsor priest accused of sexually assaulting a teenager.
- Cost of UConn Hartford campus rises to $140M, up from $115M Updated: Nov-18-15 1:47 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut's Board of Trustees on Wednesday approved a $140 million final budget for the construction of a new satellite campus in downtown Hartford, $25 million more than originally projected.
- US Muslims face backlash after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Muslims around the U.S. are facing backlash following the deadly attacks in Paris, including vandalism to mosques and Islamic centers, hate-filled phone and online messages and threats of violence.