- Prosecutors want more tests on evidence in 1987 murder case Updated: Jul-02-15 2:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Prosecutors said Thursday they want to run more tests on crime scene evidence before deciding whether to pursue another trial against a mentally disabled man convicted earlier of raping and killing his wife's 88-year-old grandmother in 1987.
- Police: Ice cream truck driver impersonated wanted man Updated: Jul-02-15 7:10 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say Hartford man who was on probation has been arrested after being found in an ice cream truck with a 13-year-old boy.
- Hartford police defend officers shown striking suspect Updated: Jul-01-15 7:20 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are defending two officers shown on a cell video striking a suspect repeatedly with a baton.
- Prosecutors: No appeal in man's teen drinking case acquittal Updated: Jul-01-15 4:41 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut prosecutors say they won't appeal a Hartford judge's ruling that ended the prosecution of a man accused of hosting a teenage drinking party that led to the death of a high school student.
- Off-duty Hartford police officer charged with assault Updated: Jun-30-15 3:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An off-duty Hartford police officer has been charged with breaking into a woman's home and assaulting her.
- Ex-trooper gets 2 years in prison in sexual assault case Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former Connecticut state trooper has been sentenced to two years in prison for sexually assaulting an 81-year-old woman.
- Connecticut lawmakers approve late state budget changes Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers approved some late changes early Tuesday morning to the new Democratic state budget that had drawn criticism from major state employers because of its tax increases on businesses and others.
- Hartford police looking for suspect in child sex case Updated: Jun-29-15 9:02 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are asking for help finding a 64-year-old man accused of trying to sexually assault a child.
- 1 arrested after fatal shooting at basketball tournament Updated: Jun-28-15 12:46 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a man has been arrested in connection with a chaotic shooting at a basketball court next to a school Saturday afternoon that fatally injured a 41-year-old Hartford man.
- Labor dispute drags on as Hartford orchestra seeks remake Updated: Jun-28-15 8:47 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Behind the two-year dispute between the Hartford Symphony Orchestra and the musicians union over a new labor agreement is the symphony's effort to remake itself to appeal to changing audiences and tastes.
- Woman killed, man hurt in Hartford house fire Updated: Jun-27-15 2:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say a woman has died in a fire that damaged a three-family home in Hartford.
- Connecticut court upholds $1M verdict in priest abuse case Updated: Jun-26-15 3:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court on Friday confirmed a $1 million jury verdict in a priest sexual abuse case against the Archdiocese of Hartford and upheld a 2002 state law that expanded the statute of limitations for bringing sex abuse claims.
- Travelers Championship a boon for Connecticut charities Updated: Jun-26-15 11:21 am
CROMWELL, Connecticut - Before the golfers begin their final round at the Travelers Championship on Sunday, 19-year-old Brittany Vose will lead a group of about 300 people on a seventh annual walk around the course to raise money for pancreatic cancer research.
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted during a run near Hartford Updated: Jun-26-15 4:35 am
AVON, Connecticut - Police are looking for clues after a woman told them she was sexually assaulted while running on a popular trail near Hartford.
- MGM asks to delay opening Massachusetts casino by a year Updated: Jun-25-15 4:38 pm
BOSTON - MGM wants to delay the opening of its planned resort casino in western Massachusetts by a year because of a major highway project taking place nearby.
- Scott says Connecticut officials help his recruitment effort Updated: Jun-25-15 11:36 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Florida's governor says Connecticut officials are unintentionally helping his effort to recruit out-of-state businesses by offering up state budgets that increase taxes.
- Connecticut man pleads guilty to his role in "swatting" Updated: Jun-24-15 7:55 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Wethersfield man has pleaded guilty to taking part in a series of hoax threats last year intended to draw responders, such as SWAT units and bomb squads.
- Man gets 22 years in prison for fatal drug-related robbery Updated: Jun-23-15 2:13 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Bridgeport man has been sentenced to 22 years in prison for his role in a drug-related robbery of another man who was fatally shot despite offering no resistance.
- Malloy sees stronger economy with rise in personal income Updated: Jun-23-15 11:56 am
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is defending Connecticut's economy, which statistics show is improving but only gradually.
- Hartford man faces 40 years in prison in roommate's killing Updated: Jun-23-15 4:55 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 35-year-old Hartford man is getting a 40-year prison sentence after he pleaded guilty to murdering a roommate and putting his battered body in a duffel bag.
- Team led by U of Hartford finds ancient Israel mosaic floor Updated: Jun-21-15 12:22 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Hartford says a team of archaeologists recently uncovered an ancient mosaic floor at a Greek Orthodox church in Nazareth, Israel.
- Hartford panel makes recommendations after firefighter death Updated: Jun-19-15 7:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A task force that reviewed the Hartford Fire Department in response to the death of a firefighter and disciplinary problems has made several recommendations in a report to Mayor Pedro Segarra.
- Connecticut House Democrats to hire outside media consultant Updated: Jun-19-15 7:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The majority Democrats in the Connecticut House of Representatives are hiring an outside media consulting firm to review the caucus' communications operations and recommend how it can improve getting its message out to the public.
- Hartford police identify suspects in May shooting Updated: Jun-19-15 1:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police have made one arrest and identified two other suspects in a shooting last month that left a victim with a gunshot wound to the head.
- Hartford HealthCare to cut 335 jobs affecting 418 workers Updated: Jun-17-15 7:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Cuts in Medicaid spending are forcing Hartford HealthCare to eliminate 335 positions affecting 418 employees, the company told staff members Wednesday.