- Shootings leave 2 injured in Hartford Updated: May-24-15 4:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police are investigating a pair of early-morning shootings that left two men injured in Hartford.
- Effort to expand police mental health coverage progresses Updated: May-22-15 6:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A long-running effort to extend workers' compensation benefits to police officers who receive mental health injuries on the job cleared a key hurdle Friday after years of defeat in the General Assembly.
- Body found in Connecticut River in Glastonbury is identified Updated: May-22-15 5:25 pm
GLASTONBURY, Connecticut - Police have identified a man found dead in the Connecticut River in Glastonbury earlier this month.
- Ex-prison guard pleads guilty to sexual assaults Updated: May-21-15 8:07 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - A former state correctional officer whom authorities suspected of raping several women in Hartford and New Britain has pleaded guilty to four sexual assault charges and faces 15 to 40 years in prison.
- UConn and Syracuse agree to renew football rivalry Updated: May-21-15 3:23 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Former Big East rivals UConn and Syracuse have announced an agreement to play a home-and-home football series.
- Senate passes bill banning variable-rate electric contracts Updated: May-20-15 10:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Senate agreed Wednesday to ban variable-rate electric contracts for residential customers after some complained rates skyrocketed after low introductory costs.
- 17-year-old shot to death in Hartford in hail of bullets Updated: May-20-15 7:35 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say they recorded 17 shots fired in attack that took the life of a 17-year-old.
- Bridgeport man sentenced to 28 years in prison for slaying Updated: May-19-15 5:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 21-year-old Bridgeport man has been sentenced to 28 years for prison for his involvement in a drug-related killing.
- Correction: Negligence Law-Minors story Updated: May-19-15 4:55 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a May 14 story about a legislative proposal regarding lawsuits filed by minors, The Associated Press erroneously reported that minors have until age 18 or within two years after an injury to file a lawsuit. Minors currently have until age 18 to file lawsuits, but the lawsuits have to be filed within two years of the injury.
- United Tech warns against double-digit profit rise in 2015 Updated: May-19-15 2:59 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The chief executive officer of United Technologies Corp. warned investment analysts Tuesday to not expect double-digit earnings growth this year because of a strong dollar that's making exports more expensive and pension funding.
- UConn to break ground on new downtown Hartford campus Updated: May-17-15 4:25 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut is breaking ground Monday on a new campus in downtown Hartford.
- Hartford police investigate overnight fatal shooting Updated: May-16-15 10:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police in Hartford are investigating an overnight shooting that has left a 28-year-old man dead.
- Detective: no evidence found in slaying suspect's home, car Updated: May-15-15 6:04 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A police detective has testified that authorities found no evidence in the home or car of a man charged in the bludgeoning deaths of three people in East Hartford in 2010.
- Connecticut's Murphy, Himes offer college affordability bill Updated: May-15-15 5:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Sen. Chris Murphy and Rep. Jim Himes of Connecticut are proposing federal legislation aimed at making college more affordable.
- Hartford bust: nearly 10 pounds of cocaine, 5 pounds of pot Updated: May-15-15 4:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say they were tipped off to a large drug deal and seized nearly 10 pounds of powder and crack cocaine, five pounds of marijuana and nearly $57,000 in cash.
- Hartford firefighter charged in off-duty shooting Updated: May-14-15 4:43 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford firefighter who said he feared a man he shot while off-duty last month has been charged with felony first-degree assault in connection with the incident.
- Army veteran in Connecticut faces deportation to Peru Updated: May-14-15 4:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Advocates in Connecticut are rallying against the planned deportation of a U.S. Army veteran who came to the United States from Peru as a teenager.
- GOP lawmakers angered by Malloy's racism comments Updated: May-13-15 8:46 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Republican legislative leaders said they're outraged by Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's suggestion Wednesday that GOP opposition to part of his Second Chance Society legislation could be considered racially motivated.
- Hundreds of Connecticut teachers rally against testing Updated: May-12-15 7:29 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Unionized Connecticut teachers are urging state lawmakers to pass legislation that reduce the amount of standardized student testing in schools.
- Malloy touts tourism, avoids details on state spending cuts Updated: May-12-15 12:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state's marketing efforts have boosted tourism, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Tuesday. But he avoided details on how budget negotiations may ultimately affect how much the state will spend to promote it.
- Hartford police officer acquitted in fatal on-duty crash Updated: May-12-15 5:29 am
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - A Hartford police officer arrested for his involvement in a fatal crash while on-duty has been acquitted.
- Connecticut governor beginning budget talks with Democrats Updated: May-11-15 5:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - With several weeks remaining in this year's legislative session, there are still three competing state budget proposals up for debate.
- Connecticut hires a culture director Updated: May-09-15 9:25 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut is getting a director of culture.
- Suspended priest dubbed Monsignor Meth gets over 5-year term Updated: May-07-15 8:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A suspended Roman Catholic priest dubbed Monsignor Meth apologized Thursday for running a methamphetamine distribution ring and letting down scores of friends and parishioners.
- Driver charged in hit-and-run accident that killed boy Updated: May-06-15 8:55 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police have charged an East Hartford woman in connection with a fatal-hit-and-run accident that killed an 8-year-old boy last month.