- Hartford man faces 7 years in drunken driving death Updated: Aug-28-15 8:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man who was driving drunk and hit and killed man in March faces seven years in prison.
- East Hartford gas station explosion caused by car accident Updated: Aug-28-15 2:40 am
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Officials say an out of control vehicle was responsible for an explosion and subsequent fire at an East Hartford gas station.
- Smoke forces move of 30 patients at Connecticut hospital Updated: Aug-27-15 11:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Officials say smoke from an electrical malfunction has caused the emergency room at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center to be evacuated and 30 patients to be relocated at the facility.
- Ex-Republican House staffer imprisoned 1 year for mail fraud Updated: Aug-27-15 3:00 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - George Gallo, the former chief of staff to the Connecticut House Republicans, was sentenced Thursday to a year and a day in prison for taking more than $100,000 in payments from a political campaign direct mail company to which he steered business.
- Theater sees record sales after Kevin Bacon announcement Updated: Aug-26-15 6:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut theater in Hartford says it had its highest sales day in its 52-year history after announcing Kevin Bacon will star in a stage adaptation of the story that inspired Alfred Hitchcock's 1954 classic film "Rear Window."
- Malloy: Transit worker wrong to use fake ID on news website Updated: Aug-26-15 5:23 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Wednesday a Department of Transportation official was wrong to post comments on a website using a false identity to advocate for the $567 million Hartford-to-New Britain bus-only corridor.
- Arrest made in Hartford homicide last March Updated: Aug-26-15 8:05 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police have made an arrest in a fatal shooting in Hartford in March.
- Tattoo leads to capture of Florida man in Connecticut Updated: Aug-25-15 10:41 am
MIAMI - Police say a tattoo of a musical clef symbol and the name "Danei" led to the arrest of a 21-year-old North Miami man accused of killing a 73-year-old housemate by cracking a hot metal frying pan over his head.
- Malloy confirms face-to-face talks with GE about moving HQ Updated: Aug-24-15 2:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy confirmed Monday he met earlier this month with General Electric Co. officials to offer some incentives to keep the company from moving its headquarters out of state.
- Lawyer: Woman had relationship with man charged in killing Updated: Aug-24-15 2:33 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An attorney for a man charged with killing a 23-year-old Hartford woman says the two had a sexual relationship.
- That sinking feeling: As China slows, so does Otis Elevator Updated: Aug-23-15 11:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As China's economy has grown and skyscrapers have sprouted in cities extending ever westward from its coast, Otis Elevator Co. went along for the ride.
- Death penalty, murder case rulings expose rift in high court Updated: Aug-22-15 11:19 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two major rulings this year on the death penalty and a murder case yielded highly unusual criticism from Connecticut Supreme Court justices against their colleagues, reaching levels of acrimony that some legal experts say hasn't been seen since the 1990s.
- Malloy's chief of staff to temporarily oversee Regents board Updated: Aug-21-15 2:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's outgoing chief of staff was appointed Friday to head Connecticut's Board of Regents for Higher Education, promising he'll listen to the concerns of college presidents, faculty, students and legislators around the state.
- Police: Man, 64, threatened to send bomb to business Updated: Aug-21-15 3:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 64-year-old man was arrested after police say he threatened to send a bomb to a business in downtown Hartford.
- 3 teens plead guilty in fatal shooting of Enfield man Updated: Aug-21-15 3:19 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Three Connecticut teens charged in the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old man have pleaded guilty to murder and robbery charges.
- Man freed from prison after 27 years sues police Updated: Aug-20-15 8:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A man freed from prison after serving 27 years of a life sentence filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against police and prosecutors, arguing that they violated his constitutional rights.
- Connecticut unemployment rate falls to 5.4 percent Updated: Aug-20-15 2:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut employers added 4,100 jobs in July, pushing the unemployment rate down to 5.4 percent, from 5.7 percent, its lowest since May 2008, the state Department of Labor said Thursday.
- Spike in Hartford homicides creates challenge for governor Updated: Aug-19-15 6:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - It's not unusual for a question about Hartford's rising homicide rate to come up as Gov. Dannel P. Malloy pitches his new Second Chance Society initiative to help nonviolent criminals and touts an overall reduction in crime across Connecticut.
- Man gets jail time for attacking state worker in Hartford Updated: Aug-19-15 3:16 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A parolee accused of sexually assaulting a state worker in Hartford last year has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Bridge safety measures sought after baby thrown to his death Updated: Aug-18-15 2:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - After a 7-month-old boy was thrown to his death last month, local officials have been considering safety improvements for a 90-foot-high span over the Connecticut River that has been known for decades as a destination for suicidal people.
- Police ask information on death of man found in road Updated: Aug-17-15 9:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are seeking the public's health to find a possible hit-and-run driver after a man was found fatally injured in a street.
- Connecticut shutters nail salons over wage violations Updated: Aug-17-15 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State labor officials shuttered nearly two dozen nail salons, recovered more than $47,000 in wages owed to employees and penalized businesses $100,000 for pay and records violations.
- Fire sparked by lightning displaces 3 families in Hartford Updated: Aug-17-15 3:04 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Officials say a fire that was sparked by lightning has displaced three families in Hartford.
- Police: Man steals car with child sleeping in backseat Updated: Aug-16-15 4:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are looking for a man who they say stole a car while a 5-year-old girl was sleeping inside.
- President of Connecticut Board of Regents system to resign Updated: Aug-14-15 6:29 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The president of the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education announced Friday that he will resign effective Dec. 31, ending a rocky two-year tenure overseeing the state college and university system.