- Man sentenced after police say he extorted a deaf person Updated: May-29-15 2:14 am
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has been sentenced to two years of probation and ordered to pay $13,000 in restitution for charges that he extorted money from a deaf person by pretending to be a police officer.
- Holyoke man pleads guilty to heroin dealing Updated: May-27-15 8:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Holyoke man has been sentenced to up to 2 ½ years in prison for dealing heroin.
- Fireman, Self, Smith to receive Hall of Fame award Updated: May-26-15 8:48 pm
- Prison inmates fighting addiction must wear shirt and tie Updated: May-25-15 2:22 pm
LUDLOW, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts prison believes dressing for success can help inmates break the stranglehold of addiction.
- Springfield's Union Station redevelopment heating up Updated: May-20-15 4:37 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Ongoing renovations at Springfield's Union Station are beginning to pick up steam.
- Springfield man charged in bar slaying pleads guilty Updated: May-19-15 6:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The Springfield man charged in a fatal 2013 shooting outside a city bar has pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
- Springfield City Council approves police body cameras Updated: May-19-15 3:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The Springfield city council has approved a proposal calling for local police officers to wear body cameras.
- Police: Chicopee man used Happy Meal toy bags to hide heroin Updated: May-18-15 6:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Chicopee man police say used McDonald's Happy Meal toy bags to conceal heroin deliveries has been indicted by a Hampden County grand jury.
- Report: Body found on river in western Massachusetts Updated: May-16-15 8:22 pm
LONGMEADOW, Massachusetts - A media outlet reports that a body has been found floating on the Connecticut River near the western Massachusetts town of Longmeadow.
- Police identify victim in Springfield stabbing death Updated: May-15-15 5:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police have released the name of the 25-year-old woman stabbed to death in Springfield this week.
- Officials: 9 cases possibly affected by faulty breathalyzers Updated: May-15-15 4:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A recent statewide review of alcohol detection equipment has found nine cases in Hampden County that may have been affected by faulty use of breathalyzers.
- Police: Gun found in hollowed-out Bible at suspect's home Updated: May-14-15 11:56 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Massachusetts police executing a search warrant at a drug suspect's home say they found a gun inside a hollowed-out Bible on his nightstand.
- Judge denies bail for Springfield shelter stabbing suspect Updated: May-12-15 6:13 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has pleaded not guilty to fatally stabbing another man outside a city homeless shelter where they were both staying.
- Prosecutors: Ex-police chief stole from Christmas toy fund Updated: May-11-15 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The trial of a former western Massachusetts police chief who prosecutors say stole thousands of dollars from a Christmas toy fund is slated to begin next week.
- Springfield industrial fire leads to brief evacuations Updated: May-09-15 12:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield firefighters have battled a stubborn fire overnight at a metal recycling company.
- Connecticut homicide suspect caught in Massachusetts Updated: May-08-15 9:59 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A suspect in a Connecticut homicide has been captured in Massachusetts.
- City to sell land after nonprofit builds home on wrong lot Updated: May-07-15 12:55 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Officials in one Massachusetts city are moving to sell a city-owned lot that Habitat for Humanity mistakenly built a home on.
- Officials fight to save western Massachusetts church Updated: May-07-15 3:43 am
HOLYOKE, Massachusetts - Members of a western Massachusetts community hoping to save a closed 114-year-old Catholic church have received some bad news.
- Woman charged with running crack delivery service from truck Updated: May-06-15 12:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - With her four adult children watching, a Massachusetts woman has pleaded not guilty to running a crack cocaine delivery service from her pickup truck.
- Springfield man pleads guilty to drug charges Updated: May-05-15 5:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to federal heroin trafficking charges.
- Ex-Westfield State president to pay $185K to settle probe Updated: Apr-30-15 6:05 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The former president of Westfield State University has agreed to pay $185,000 to settle a state investigation into his spending of school funds.
- Woman accidentally shot in face by cop sues for $1.5 million Updated: Apr-30-15 3:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A pregnant mother of two who was accidentally shot in the face by a Massachusetts police officer investigating a possible break-in has sued the officer, the police department and the town for $1.5 million.