- Springfield man pleads guilty to drug charges Updated: May-05-15 5:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to federal heroin trafficking charges.
- Ex-Westfield State president to pay $185K to settle probe Updated: Apr-30-15 6:05 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The former president of Westfield State University has agreed to pay $185,000 to settle a state investigation into his spending of school funds.
- Woman accidentally shot in face by cop sues for $1.5 million Updated: Apr-30-15 3:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A pregnant mother of two who was accidentally shot in the face by a Massachusetts police officer investigating a possible break-in has sued the officer, the police department and the town for $1.5 million.
- Cops: wandering 3-year-old got away from baby sitter Updated: Apr-28-15 5:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say an irresponsible baby sitter is to blame for the case of a 3-year-old girl found wandering the streets of Springfield in her pajamas.
- Springfield man gets up to 7 years for injuring child Updated: Apr-28-15 5:50 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man who used a belt and a cellphone charger to beat a young girl and twisted her arm until it broke has been sentenced to up to seven years in prison.
- City enticing developers to historic home hit by tornado Updated: Apr-27-15 2:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A historic house in Springfield that was damaged by a tornado is being sold by the city as part of a revitalization effort.
- Connecticut state police seeking armed robbery suspect Updated: Apr-26-15 11:43 am
SOMERS, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they are looking for a man who robbed a convenience store in Somers.
- Mother and sister of missing man return from Thailand Updated: Apr-25-15 4:49 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The mother and sister of a former Western Massachusetts man missing on vacation have returned after nearly a week in Thailand seeking information about his disappearance.
- Settlement reached in suit over police custody mouth taping Updated: Apr-24-15 3:14 pm
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Western Massachusetts city has agreed to settle with a woman who sued police for taping her mouth shut after she was taken into custody at The Big E fair in 2011.
- Holyoke man pleads not guilty in soldier's slaying Updated: Apr-24-15 7:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Holyoke man charged with murder in the 2009 fatal shooting of an Iraq-bound Connecticut soldier and former high school football star has pleaded not guilty.
- Police capture suspect in fatal Springfield stabbing Updated: Apr-23-15 11:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of a 29-year-old mother of three last month has been captured after running through backyards and hopping over fences in an attempt to evade capture.
- MGM says it is complying with Springfield host agreement Updated: Apr-22-15 7:13 pm
BOSTON - Despite a lack of major construction activity, casino operator MGM said Wednesday it is making efforts to comply with its commitments to Springfield as part of its host community agreement.
- Springfield man charged in double fatal faces July trial Updated: Apr-22-15 8:10 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The trial of a Springfield man charged with being high on heroin when he crashed his SUV into a motorcycle, killing the father and daughter riders, will proceed as scheduled after he withdrew a request to change lawyers.
- Stray bullet hits university cafeteria twice in 3 weeks Updated: Apr-22-15 5:23 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say a building located on the campus of a western Massachusetts college was struck by a stray bullet for the second time in about three weeks.
- Judge: Manslaughter charge stands for Springfield man Updated: Apr-21-15 7:22 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A judge has refused to dismiss a manslaughter charge against a Springfield man who owned a truck that caused fatal crash that killed a teenager.
- Springfield teen awarded anti-bullying scholarship Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
HOLYOKE, Massachusetts - The Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover Foundation has awarded scholarships to 15 high school students from across the country for their anti-bullying efforts.
- Communities already spending money trickling in from casinos Updated: Apr-18-15 11:01 am
BOSTON - The first casino hasn't opened its doors, but some Massachusetts cities and towns already are spending gambling windfalls.
- Superintendent defends not calling police after threat Updated: Apr-17-15 7:28 am
PALMER, Massachusetts - The superintendent of a western Massachusetts school district is under fire for choosing not to call police after a middle school received a bomb threat earlier this month.
- Holyoke police crackdown nets more than 200 arrests Updated: Apr-16-15 8:34 pm
HOLYOKE, Massachusetts - Holyoke police say they arrested more than 200 people and confiscated more than 9,000 bags of heroin during a nearly two-week crime sweep.
- Police end search for burglary suspect who jumped off bridge Updated: Apr-15-15 8:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield authorities have ended their river search for one of two men who jumped out of a car and off a bridge on Tuesday while fleeing police.
- NYC protesters march against police brutality Updated: Apr-15-15 4:32 am
NEW YORK - Hundreds of protesters gathered in New York City on Tuesday night to march against police brutality.
- Springfield police arrest 15 anti-police protestors Updated: Apr-14-15 7:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police have arrested and charged more than a dozen anti-police protesters with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after they blocked traffic at a major intersection.
- Teen recovering after machete attack in Springfield Updated: Apr-14-15 10:52 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield police say a 15-year-old boy is recovering after being attacked by two other teens brandishing a machete.
- Financial pressures weigh on tribes' casino expansion plan Updated: Apr-11-15 9:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Tough financial questions confront Connecticut's two beleaguered tribal casinos as they propose joining forces in a major investment to fend off new competitive threats looming in Massachusetts.
- Judge approves settlement over women's jail strip searches Updated: Apr-09-15 9:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A lawsuit settlement that would prohibit male guards from videotaping strip searches of female inmates at a women's jail received preliminary approval by a federal judge on Thursday.