- Iconic Northampton store to open cafe at site Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The new owner of a popular downtown Northampton store says she plans to open a small cafe at the site.
- Springfield woman admits to stealing from nursing home Updated: Aug-25-15 7:25 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield woman who stole cash, credit cards and jewelry from residents of the Longmeadow nursing home where she worked has pleaded guilty but avoided time behind bars.
- Man freed from prison after 27 years sues police Updated: Aug-20-15 8:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A man freed from prison after serving 27 years of a life sentence filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against police and prosecutors, arguing that they violated his constitutional rights.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal shooting of high school student Updated: Aug-20-15 5:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man charged in the 2014 shooting death of an 18-year-old high school student has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- Police: 2 men held in Connecticut after 2-state police chase Updated: Aug-15-15 10:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Two men are held in Enfield, Connecticut, after police say they led officers on a high speed chase that began in nearby West Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Springfield man sentenced to prison for wreck that killed 2 Updated: Aug-13-15 8:40 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has been sentenced to 15 to 20 years in prison for killing a father and daughter when his SUV plowed into their motorcycle while he was driving high on heroin.
- Moody's ups credit outlook for Mohegan Sun on improved debt Updated: Aug-13-15 1:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Moody's Investors Service has raised the credit outlook for the parent company of the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut, citing its ability to extend debt repayment until 2019 and putting it in a stronger position to face competition in Massachusetts.
- Police: Man forced daughter out of car during chase Updated: Aug-13-15 6:37 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man is facing 18 charges after police say he forced his 10-year-old daughter out of the car while leading police on a chase, nearly striking her as he drove away.
- $8.2M is low bid to replace tornado-damaged rec center Updated: Aug-08-15 4:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield company has submitted the apparent low bid of $8.2 million to build a new South End Community Center, replacing one destroyed in a tornado four years ago.
- Case continues against woman charged with selling drugs Updated: Aug-07-15 3:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A 60-year-old western Massachusetts mother of four accused of running what authorities say was a crack cocaine delivery service from her pickup truck is due back in court next month.
- MGM Resorts files lawsuit against Connecticut officials Updated: Aug-04-15 4:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Casino developer MGM Resorts International filed a lawsuit Tuesday against several top state officials, including Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, saying a law he signed that could lead to a third tribal casino in the state is unconstitutional because it gives two tribes preferential treatment.
- Track construction begins on New Haven-Springfield rail line Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Construction of a second track for the expanded rail line from New Haven to Springfield, Massachusetts, began Monday, and commuters will be bused along the route for the next year.
- Woman crossing street struck, killed by truck in Springfield Updated: Aug-01-15 11:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say a 60-year-old woman has died after she was hit by a pickup truck while trying to run across State Street in Springfield.
- Police: Lesbian couple attacked at Six Flags in Mass. Updated: Jul-31-15 4:49 pm
AGAWAM, Massachusetts - Police say two western Massachusetts women attacked a lesbian couple from Rhode Island whom they saw kissing at Six Flags New England.
- Woman denies murder charge in shooting of Connecticut man Updated: Jul-30-15 6:29 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield woman has been held without bail after pleading not guilty to a murder charge in the 2014 shooting of a Connecticut man.
- Police boss' son pleads not guilty in plot to aid IS group Updated: Jul-29-15 12:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Boston police captain's son accused of plotting an attack on a college campus in support of the Islamic State group pleaded not guilty Wednesday to weapons and assault charges.