- Marist women top Quinnipiac, 9th MAAC title in row Updated: Mar-10-14 6:42 pm
- Swimming pool stolen from West Springfield store Updated: Mar-10-14 6:05 am
- Manhattan whips Quinnipiac 87-68 in MAAC semis Updated: Mar-09-14 9:42 pm
- Iona tops Canisius 75-72 in MAAC semifinals Updated: Mar-09-14 9:26 pm
- Manhattan ousts St. Peter's 72-58 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:58 pm
- Quinnipiac over Niagara 89-80 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:53 pm
- Canisius rallies to beat Siena 71-65 Updated: Mar-08-14 5:03 pm
- Bowman, Iona top Rider 94-71 in MAAC quarterfinals Updated: Mar-08-14 4:53 pm
- Springfield launches $20M tower restoration plan Updated: Mar-07-14 6:16 pm
- Springfield man convicted of killing girlfriend Updated: Mar-07-14 5:55 am
- Niagara holds off Marist in MAAC opener, 78-76 Updated: Mar-07-14 12:32 am
- Saint Peter's tops Fairfield 65-62 in OT Updated: Mar-06-14 10:20 pm
- Rider clips Monmouth 71-60 in MAAC opener Updated: Mar-06-14 7:11 pm
- Documents: DNA key in 2011 Chicopee stabbing case Updated: Mar-04-14 8:31 pm
- Westfield St. trustees approve $900K for bills Updated: Mar-04-14 9:38 am
- Funds OK'd for tornado-damaged Springfield school Updated: Mar-03-14 5:05 pm
- Springfield house fire blamed on heat lamp Updated: Mar-03-14 6:14 am
- Amtrak using snow schedule in Northeast Corridor Updated: Mar-02-14 4:02 pm
- Cause of fatal 2013 Amherst fire 'undetermined' Updated: Feb-28-14 12:31 pm
- Mass. man charged with embezzling $1M from company Updated: Feb-28-14 6:01 am
- 3 Holyoke brothers held in 'sexting' case Updated: Feb-27-14 6:01 am
- Trial set for 2nd suspect in 3 Berkshire killings Updated: Feb-25-14 12:02 pm
- Springfield Catholics give $80,000 for Philippines Updated: Feb-25-14 9:44 am
- Judge: Westfield mayor violated rivals' rights Updated: Feb-25-14 6:25 am
- Mass. casino panel turns down 'Big E' petition Updated: Feb-24-14 6:04 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Marist trailed Quinnipiac by 17 in the first half of the Metro Atlantic championship when the Red Foxes really buckled down.
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Two thieves who struck a West Springfield business over the weekend weren't looking for cash.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - George Beamon scored 23 of his 25 points in the second half and Emmy Andujar added 21 off the bench Sunday as second-seeded Manhattan pulled away from third-seed Quinnipiac for an 87-68 win in the semifinals of the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Sean Armand scored 21 points, while Isaiah Williams and Tre Bowman had 16 apiece, as top-seeded Iona held off fourth-seeded Canisius 75-72 Sunday in the semifinals of the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Rhamel Brown scored 18 points, 11 after halftime, and Michael Alvarado added 17 as second-seeded Manhattan broke away from seventh-seeded St. Peter's 72-58 in a Metro Athletic Association quarterfinal Saturday night.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Shaq Shannon scored 20 points as third-seeded Quinnipiac held on for an 89-80 victory over 11th-seeded Niagara in a Metro Athletic Association quarterfinal on Saturday night.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Billy Baron scored 17 points Saturday and Chris Perez added 13 as Canisius beat Siena 71-65 in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament quarterfinal.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Tre Bowman had 28 points, David Laury had 18 points and 11 rebounds and top-seeded Iona handled eighth-seeded Rider 94-71 on Saturday in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference quarterfinals.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield has launched a $20 million fundraising campaign to help cover new cost estimates to restore its historic downtown bell tower.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has been convicted of fatally stabbing his girlfriend hours after she celebrated her 25th birthday.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Antoine Mason poured in 38 points, helping No. 11 seed hold on to upset sixth-seeded Marist 78-76 in the first round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament on Thursday night.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Desi Washington's trey at the buzzer in overtime lifted Saint Peter's over Fairfield 65-62 Thursday for a first-round Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament win.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Daniel Stewart scored 25 points and grabbed nine rebounds as eighth-seeded Rider turned back ninth-seeded Monmouth 71-60 Thursday in the first game of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament Thursday.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Court documents in the 2011 stabbing death of a Chicopee woman show DNA evidence was key to an arrest made two years later, the Springfield Republican reports.
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts - Westfield State University trustees have approved using $900,000 in reserve funds to pay legal bills stemming from legal disputes with former president Evan Dobelle.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Federal and Springfield officials say an agreement has been reached to fund replacement of a parochial school badly damaged by a tornado more than two years ago.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A heat lamp used to keep a pet snake warm is being blamed for a fire that displaced eight people from their multifamily Springfield house.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A winter storm headed toward the East Coast has Amtrak trimming schedules for its Acela Express and Northeast Regional trains.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Investigators have not been able to determine the cause of a fire at an Amherst apartment complex last year that killed a University of Massachusetts student.
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The former bookkeeper for a West Springfield business has been indicted for allegedly embezzling more than $1 million from the company.
HOLYOKE, Massachusetts - Police say three Holyoke brothers are facing charges for using a baseball bat to beat a man they say texted an explicit photo of himself to their mother.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A second suspect in the killings of three men in Berkshire County in 2011 is scheduled to go on trial in April, but exactly where remains in question.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Roman Catholics in western Massachusetts have helped raised more than $80,000 to help victims of the typhoon that struck the Philippines last year.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A federal judge has ruled that Westfield's mayor violated the First Amendment rights of two political rivals and a property owner by ordering campaign signs taken down.
BOSTON - State gambling regulators have voted against making the Eastern States Exposition eligible for compensation from a proposed resort casino in Springfield.