- Lawyer: Man who admitted to gun charges could be deported Updated: Sep-02-15 7:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The attorney for a native of Iraq living in Massachusetts who pleaded guilty to illegally selling guns expects his client to be deported following his prison sentence.
- Springfield man pleads not guilty to drug possession charges Updated: Sep-01-15 5:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts man arrested with three others following a drug raid has pleaded not guilty to illegal possession charges.
- 21-year-old man fatally stabbed in Springfield Updated: Aug-30-15 1:28 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield police say a 21-year-old man has died after being stabbed on a city street Saturday night.
- Woman and her dog killed in Springfield townhouse fire Updated: Aug-29-15 2:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A woman has been killed in a townhouse fire Friday night in Springfield that also injured two other people.
- Iconic Northampton store to open cafe at site Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The new owner of a popular downtown Northampton store says she plans to open a small cafe at the site.
- Springfield woman admits to stealing from nursing home Updated: Aug-25-15 7:25 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield woman who stole cash, credit cards and jewelry from residents of the Longmeadow nursing home where she worked has pleaded guilty but avoided time behind bars.
- Man freed from prison after 27 years sues police Updated: Aug-20-15 8:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A man freed from prison after serving 27 years of a life sentence filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against police and prosecutors, arguing that they violated his constitutional rights.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal shooting of high school student Updated: Aug-20-15 5:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man charged in the 2014 shooting death of an 18-year-old high school student has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- Police: 2 men held in Connecticut after 2-state police chase Updated: Aug-15-15 10:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Two men are held in Enfield, Connecticut, after police say they led officers on a high speed chase that began in nearby West Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Springfield man sentenced to prison for wreck that killed 2 Updated: Aug-13-15 8:40 pm
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has been sentenced to 15 to 20 years in prison for killing a father and daughter when his SUV plowed into their motorcycle while he was driving high on heroin.
- Moody's ups credit outlook for Mohegan Sun on improved debt Updated: Aug-13-15 1:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Moody's Investors Service has raised the credit outlook for the parent company of the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut, citing its ability to extend debt repayment until 2019 and putting it in a stronger position to face competition in Massachusetts.
- Police: Man forced daughter out of car during chase Updated: Aug-13-15 6:37 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man is facing 18 charges after police say he forced his 10-year-old daughter out of the car while leading police on a chase, nearly striking her as he drove away.
- $8.2M is low bid to replace tornado-damaged rec center Updated: Aug-08-15 4:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield company has submitted the apparent low bid of $8.2 million to build a new South End Community Center, replacing one destroyed in a tornado four years ago.
- Case continues against woman charged with selling drugs Updated: Aug-07-15 3:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A 60-year-old western Massachusetts mother of four accused of running what authorities say was a crack cocaine delivery service from her pickup truck is due back in court next month.