- Former state representative joins District 2 race Updated: Jul-29-15 3:50 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A former state representative has joined the race for the 2nd Congressional District seat in Arizona.
- U. of Arizona works to bridge $25 million funding gap Updated: Jul-29-15 12:40 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - University of Arizona officials are looking for ways to bridge a $25 million funding gap caused by state budget reductions.
- 2 escape serious injury when SUV swept away in flooded wash Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A man and a woman escaped serious injury when their SUV got swept away by swift-flowing water in a wash on Tucson's south side, overturned and began filling with water before they got out.
- Department of Education launches new data system Updated: Jul-29-15 8:04 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Education has launched a new data collection system expected to save the state $57 million.
- 3 killed, 1 hurt when car crashes into palm tree in Tucson Updated: Jul-27-15 4:11 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities say a woman and her unborn child are dead along with two other people after a car crashed into a palm tree in Tucson.
- Armed suspect shot several times by Tucson police Updated: Jul-26-15 4:59 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police say they critically wounded a suspect who charged at them with multiple weapons.
- Ranch near Sedona donated to U. of Arizona veterinary school Updated: Jul-23-15 8:02 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A 45-acre ranch near Sedona is going to be part of a veterinary program launching at the University of Arizona in August.
- Department clears Arizona officer who hit armed man with car Updated: Jul-22-15 5:57 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The only thing an Arizona police officer did wrong during an encounter in which he used his cruiser to ram an armed suspect was curse at two civilians who got too close to the action, according to reports released Wednesday.
- 5 Tucson police employees terminated in prostitution probe Updated: Jul-21-15 10:42 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police Chief Roberto VillaseÃ±or said he's firing five employees accused of being involved with illicit massage parlors where sex was offered as a service.
- Cocaine found in 'overly talkative' woman's car at border Updated: Jul-21-15 1:50 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A Phoenix woman who was said to have flirted with an officer at a border crossing station is accused of trying to smuggle 13 pounds of cocaine into the United States from Mexico.
- Spraying planned to kill Saguaro National Park buffelgrass Updated: Jul-21-15 9:11 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Saguaro National Park outside Tucson plans to resume herbicide spraying on parts of the park where invasive buffelgrass has become established.
- Tucson activists sentenced in protest that stopped buses Updated: Jul-20-15 7:01 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A group of activists who blocked two buses carrying immigrants by lying in front of them and chaining themselves to tires has been sentenced in court.
- Sheriff's Dept.: 5 dead puppies found in bags in Catalina Updated: Jul-20-15 12:29 pm
CATALINA, Arizona - Five puppies were found dead in plastic bags on the side of a street in Catalina, a community on the northern outskirts of the Tucson area.
- Tucson students might get counseling, not suspensions Updated: Jul-20-15 8:37 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The Tucson Unified School District may soon be providing counseling services rather than out-of-school suspensions to some of the district's most troubled students.
- Tucson man, dog die in fall from cliff in northern Arizona Updated: Jul-17-15 3:16 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Authorities in Coconino County say a 62-year-old man has died in a fall off a cliff.
- Several hikers die on Arizona trails; officials urge caution Updated: Jul-16-15 7:40 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The summer has seen a rash of deaths of hikers unprepared for dangers of the Arizona heat.
- Man convicted in 2010 fatal shooting of Phoenix policeman Updated: Jul-15-15 8:31 pm
PHOENIX - A Tucson man has been convicted of first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a Phoenix police officer in 2010.
- Measure banning red-light cameras makes its way to voters Updated: Jul-15-15 12:17 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson voters are deciding in November whether to keep the city's eight red-light cameras.
- Stolen tractor crashes into 2 Arizona homes, starts fires Updated: Jul-14-15 4:44 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A stolen construction tractor crashed into a home, where it started a fire and then broke free and smashed into a second home before firefighters could shut it down.
- Tucson employment agency's manager accused of voyeurism Updated: Jul-13-15 5:29 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Pima County Sheriff's deputies say the manager of a temporary employment agency in Tucson has been arrested in a voyeurism case that has multiple victims.
- Campaign to get kids outdoors comes to Tucson Updated: Jul-11-15 6:20 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson is now one of 50 cities in the U.S. that's receiving funding to engage children in outdoor activities and encourage young adults and veterans to volunteer.
- Nogales man gets prison for fraudulent tax refund scheme Updated: Jul-11-15 6:19 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A Nogales man has been sentenced to more than six years in federal prison for a fraudulent tax refund scheme.
- Army cuts will affect Fort Huachuca Updated: Jul-10-15 7:59 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona's Fort Huachuca will lose five percent of its force as the U.S. Army plans to downsize, but the cuts could have been much worse for the largest employer in Cochise County.
- Man, grandson die on hike; boy likely was going for help Updated: Jul-10-15 10:07 am
GILA BEND, Arizona - A man and his 12-year-old grandson were found dead several miles apart along a desert trail after they went hiking in central Arizona, and the boy likely died while going for help, authorities said.
- New member joins Citizens Clean Elections Commission Updated: Jul-10-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - A new member has joined the Citizens Clean Elections Commission to replace a commissioner whose term expired.