- Arizona assistant track coach accused of domestic violence Updated: May-05-15 5:22 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - An assistant track coach at the University of Arizona is on administrative leave with pay after being arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.
- Leaning tower of saguaro loses battle with gravity Updated: May-05-15 8:10 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Monday was a sad day for many hikers in the Tucson area: Gravity finally brought the plant they affectionately called "the leaning tower of saguaro" to the ground.
- Cactus Bowl to move back to Phoenix's Chase Field Updated: May-04-15 9:44 pm
PHOENIX - Due to construction work at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, the Cactus Bowl will be played for the next three years at Chase Field in Phoenix, home of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Oscar-winning writer of 'Dances With Wolves' novel dies Updated: May-04-15 8:13 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Michael Blake, the writer whose novel "Dances With Wolves" became a major hit movie and earned him an Academy Award for the screenplay, has died.
- Police responding to fight at Tucson home find couple dead Updated: May-03-15 10:19 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A 54-year-old man shot his girlfriend and then killed himself Saturday night after they had a fight, police said.
- Police search for 5 suspects in Tucson mall burglary Updated: May-02-15 3:49 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police are searching for five people suspected of breaking into a mall and robbing several shops and kiosks.
- Phoenix woman arrested in fatal crash last month in Tucson Updated: May-01-15 8:23 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix woman who fled from U.S. Border Patrol agents that led to a fatal rollover in Tucson last month now is in custody.
- Risk rises of water shortages in Lower Colorado River Basin Updated: Apr-30-15 4:04 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The chance that states in the Lower Colorado River Basin will have water delivery shortages has increased after a reservoir showed record low levels, federal officials said.
- Young immigrants in Arizona want in-state tuition Updated: Apr-30-15 1:53 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Young immigrants who are protected from deportation under a federal program say they deserve to pay in-state tuition rates at Arizona universities.
- University of Arizona professor accused of defrauding school Updated: Apr-28-15 4:07 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A long-serving University of Arizona professor faces multiple charges accusing him of misappropriating money from a student-run meat store that he oversaw.
- Correction: Cold Case Arrest story Updated: Apr-28-15 2:29 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - In a story April 27 about the arrest of a firefighter on murder charges, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the remains of Linda Watson were found among remains of immigrants. Her remains were found in an area where remains of immigrants were frequently found.
- Charges dropped against man arrested for apartment shooting Updated: Apr-28-15 10:37 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Manslaughter charges have been dropped against a man police suspected was involved in a fatal apartment shooting in Tucson earlier this month.
- Man found with gunshot wounds in Tucson street dies Updated: Apr-25-15 4:53 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police say a man has died after being found in the street with gunshot wounds.
- 20 years later, Tucson blaze still flickers for firefighters Updated: Apr-24-15 3:11 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The unsolved arson fire that tore through Old Tucson Movie Studios 20 years ago flickers on in the minds of firefighters.
- HomeGoods opening in Tucson, creating up to 900 jobs Updated: Apr-23-15 1:43 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Home furnishing company HomeGoods Inc. will build a distribution center in Tucson bringing more than 400 jobs to the area.
- Authorities: Inmate at federal prison in Tucson dies Updated: Apr-22-15 6:22 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities say an inmate at the federal prison facility in Tucson has died.
- Arizonans want closer spot to watch federal checkpoints Updated: Apr-21-15 8:02 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Residents of a small southern Arizona town who have spent the past year protesting a Border Patrol checkpoint 20 miles north of Mexico say they should be able to monitor agents from a much closer position than they can now.
- Gabby Giffords to receive DVF 'inspiration' award Updated: Apr-21-15 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Gabby Giffords, who's been devoting her time to pushing for tougher gun laws as she slowly recovers from her 2011 shooting, will now have $50,000 to donate to her cause, courtesy of designer Diane von Furstenberg.
- Tucson woman arrested after $90K in cocaine found in her bag Updated: Apr-20-15 6:55 pm
HOLBROOK, Arizona - Authorities say a Tucson woman is in custody after cocaine was found on a bus that stopped in eastern Arizona.
- Brush fire on Mt. Lemmon forced highway closure Updated: Apr-20-15 8:19 am
SUMMERHAVEN, Arizona - A weekend brush fire on Mt. Lemmon briefly closed the mountain's main highway.
- Immigration forum interrupted by hecklers Updated: Apr-17-15 10:38 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Anti-illegal immigration activists repeatedly interrupted two U.S. congressmen during an immigration forum in Tucson.
- Man arrested in fatal shooting at Tucson apartment complex Updated: Apr-17-15 7:46 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A suspect now is in custody in connection with a fatal shooting at a Tucson apartment complex earlier this week.
- Officer who rammed armed man with car details encounter Updated: Apr-17-15 7:28 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona police officer Michael Rapiejko felt he had no option but to run over an armed man walking down a busy business corridor, according to an audio recording of an interview with a prosecutor following the Feb. 19 incident that went viral this week.
- State to block approval for new Glendale tribal casino Updated: Apr-17-15 5:01 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's gaming director has told a Tucson-area Indian tribe building a casino in Glendale that he will block any certification of the new operation, a position he took at the urging of Gov. Doug Ducey.
- Oro Valley plans contentious country club costs into budget Updated: Apr-17-15 2:47 pm
ORO VALLEY, Arizona - Even with a petition drive in front of the Arizona Supreme Court and a grassroots recall campaign for three council members and the mayor underway, the purchase of a fixer-upper Country Club is on the draft budget for a suburb of Tucson.