- Feds look to seize home of accused scammer, racecar driver Updated: Feb-12-16 10:53 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Federal authorities are looking to seize the Aspen home of professional racecar driver Scott Tucker, who is accused of running a payday lending operation offering quick cash over the Internet to desperate people.
- Great Lakes airline service will return to Salina April 1 Updated: Feb-12-16 5:01 am
SALINA, Kansas - Scheduled air service will return to Salina beginning this spring.
- Kansas Supreme Court invalidates school funding law Updated: Feb-11-16 6:57 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court threatened Thursday to shut down schools if lawmakers don't revamp the way the state funds public schools by July, ruling that a law enacted last year as a temporary fix underfunded poor school districts by at least $54 million.
- 2 brothers ordered to stand trial in Kansas rapper's death Updated: Feb-11-16 8:05 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Two Kansas City brothers have been ordered to stand trial in the death of an aspiring rapper from suburban Olathe.
- Pro racecar driver Scott Tucker charged in payday loan scam Updated: Feb-10-16 3:28 pm
NEW YORK - Professional racecar driver Scott Tucker was arrested Wednesday on criminal charges accusing him of living the high life on the backs of millions of desperate people who used his payday lending operation to get quick cash over the Internet.
- Man, woman found dead in Kansas City, Kansas, home Updated: Feb-10-16 12:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man and woman have been found dead inside a Kansas City, Kansas, home.
- Hospital accepts patients again after 18 cases of illness Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City hospital has resumed taking new patients after it reported 18 cases of gastrointestinal illness with at least one of them preliminarily identified as norovirus.
- With only 29 students, Catholic school in Missouri hangs on Updated: Feb-08-16 1:20 pm
MONTROSE, Missouri - The bell tower of the old Catholic church rises above all else in this tabletop-flat town.
- Kansas man sentenced for embezzling more than $6M Updated: Feb-08-16 12:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City man has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for embezzling more than $6 million.
- Kansas student newspaper sues administrators Updated: Feb-06-16 6:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The student newspaper at the University of Kansas has filed a lawsuit accusing university administrators of approving funding cuts to the newspaper that were enacted after an editorial critical of the student Senate.
- 2 men convicted of trying to kill deputy during robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 1:04 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A jury has convicted two Kansas men of attempted murder and other charges for allegedly shooting a deputy sheriff several times while robbing a convenience store last March.
- Police: Man with knife shot by officers in Wyandotte County Updated: Feb-05-16 5:36 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Wyandotte County authorities say a suspect in a robbery with a large knife has been shot by police, resulting in injuries police described as life-threatening.
- EXCHANGE: An Edwardsville icon celebrates 80 years Updated: Feb-04-16 8:34 am
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Every so often Marvin Webb will drop in at Eaker's Family Barber Shop and pull out a cigar from underneath the cash register by the front door.
- Kansas dinner theater cleans up from norovirus outbreak Updated: Feb-02-16 9:39 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City dinner theater has spent $40,000 cleaning up after a norovirus outbreak sickened more than 600 people.
- Sporting KC loans Erik Palmer-Brown to Portugal's FC Porto Updated: Feb-01-16 7:48 pm
- Pittsburg takes down banner from Post Office Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
PITTSBURG, Kansas - A post office in a southeast Kansas city has removed a "God Bless America" banner after an organization complained the banner violated the principle of separation church and state.
- Former credit union employee admits to embezzlement Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A former suburban Kansas City credit union employee has admitted to embezzling more than $34,000.
- Kansas City Council has 2 proposals for Kemper Arena future Updated: Jan-27-16 2:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two businessmen from Wichita are offering a competing vision for repurposing Kemper Arena.
- University of Kansas Hospital plans more expansion Updated: Jan-27-16 7:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - University of Kansas Hospital officials say they are already planning to expand a new patient tower, even before the structure is built.
- Trial begins in robbery shooting of Wyandotte County deputy Updated: Jan-27-16 6:03 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A trial has begun for two men charged with shooting a Wyandotte County sheriff's deputy.
- Kansas City man sentenced in struggle causing PCP exposure Updated: Jan-26-16 2:57 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City, Kansas, man has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for causing a struggle in which U.S. Marshals were exposed to the drug PCP.
- Trial to begin for men accused of wounding Kansas deputy Updated: Jan-24-16 5:37 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jury selection is scheduled to get underway in the trial of two men charged with trying to kill a Wyandotte County deputy.
- Kansas State professor's performance nominated for Grammys Updated: Jan-24-16 12:53 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A Kansas State University professor has been nominated for two Grammy awards for his solo performance on an album with the Kansas City Chorale.
- Sprint gave layoff notices to 829 Overland Park employees Updated: Jan-23-16 12:37 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Sprint Corp. says in state filings that it has given layoff notices to 829 employees at its Overland Park campus in the past three months.
- Second man convicted in 1997 killing of Kansas woman Updated: Jan-22-16 7:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City, Kansas, man has been sentenced to life in prison in the death of a woman 18 years ago.