- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year Updated: Aug-29-15 3:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Five months after a new law for funding public schools took effect in Kansas, legislators and education officials are talking about drafting another one next year.
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty for man in 5 deaths Updated: Aug-28-15 8:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Prosecutors said Friday that they will seek the death penalty against a man charged with using a shotgun to kill three people and fatally beating two others in a quiet south Kansas City neighborhood.
- 1 dies after collision with Kansas City, Kansas, police car Updated: Aug-28-15 1:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol is investigating after a man died when the car he was riding in collided with a Kansas City, Kansas, police car.
- Police: Mother, young daughter found safe Updated: Aug-28-15 8:40 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say a woman and her 2-year-old daughter, who hadn't been seen since Wednesday, have been found safe.
- Kansan convicted of stealing father's identity to get loan Updated: Aug-28-15 7:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Junction City man is facing up to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine after being convicted of stealing his father's identity to apply for a loan.
- Hearing delayed in Kansas gun store death Updated: Aug-28-15 5:09 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A plea hearing has been delayed for one of four men charged with killing a suburban Kansas City gun store owner.
- Jury: Cable company largely responsible in fatal blast Updated: Aug-27-15 4:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Time Warner Cable must pay nearly $6 million as part of a lawsuit alleging it was largely responsible for a fatal natural gas explosion that leveled an upscale Kansas City restaurant, jurors ruled Thursday.
- Kansas City, Kansas, police identify body found in river Updated: Aug-24-15 2:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police in Kansas City, Kansas, have identified the body of a man found last week in the Kansas River.
- Chiefs hold off Seahawks 14-13 in second preseason game Updated: Aug-22-15 12:33 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs coach Andy Reid insists he has a handle on who will start along the offensive line when Kansas City opens the regular season, assuming a couple guys get healthy.
- Jury selection concludes in Jewish site shootings trial Updated: Aug-21-15 5:34 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Jury selection concluded Friday afternoon in the capital murder trial of a Missouri white supremacist accused of killing three Christians last year at two Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City.
- Charges filed in 2 shooting deaths in Kansas City, Kansas Updated: Aug-20-15 6:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A 22-year-old Kansas City, Kansas, man has been charged in the shootings deaths of two men.
- Man found dead after standoff in Kansas City, Kansas Updated: Aug-20-15 7:22 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Authorities say a man was found dead inside a Kansas City, Kansas home after a nearly four-hour standoff with law enforcement officers.
- Earthquakes score season-high 5 goals, beat Sporting KC Updated: Aug-19-15 11:11 pm
- Police: 2 men killed in Kansas City drive-by shooting Updated: Aug-19-15 1:58 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police are investigating after two men were fatally shot in a drive-by shooting in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Clark and Lockett both stand out in debut for Seahawks Updated: Aug-17-15 7:24 pm
RENTON, Washington - For as good a wide receiver as Tyler Lockett was in college, and all the compliments he's received from his new teammates as a pass catcher in training camp, he was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks because they needed a dynamic returner in the kicking game.
- Kansas analyst sentenced to 5 years for child porn Updated: Aug-17-15 1:13 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A 34-year-old federal analyst in suburban Kansas City has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for possessing child pornography on a government computer.
- Kansas woman who was helped by officer jailed on drug charge Updated: Aug-17-15 8:52 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City woman with six children who was helped by a police officer when she was shoplifting diapers is jailed on a federal drug charge.
- Nagamura scores 2 late goals, Sporting KC beats Whitecaps Updated: Aug-15-15 11:38 pm
- Kansas man convicted of first-degree murder in 2011 killing Updated: Aug-14-15 5:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City, Kansas, man has been convicted of killing his girlfriend's friend when she tried to intervene in the couple's fight.
- Lower Missouri River flooding ends, focus shifts to repairs Updated: Aug-14-15 3:31 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has declared an end to flooding problems on the lower Missouri River and is beginning to assess what repairs will be needed.
- Topeka activist plans protest over Sherman County jail death Updated: Aug-14-15 9:17 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka activist is planning a protest over the 2014 death of a 58-year-old woman in a western Kansas jail.
- Sporting KC beats Real Salt Lake 3-1 in US Open Cup semis Updated: Aug-12-15 11:18 pm
- Kansas City Diocese apologizes to victims of priest abuse Updated: Aug-12-15 10:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph has apologized to victims of priest sexual abuse and invited them to a series of prayer services, but some say the move is inadequate and does little to prevent abuse.
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates Updated: Aug-11-15 6:05 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas regulators couldn't agree Tuesday on how much to increase Kansas City Power & Light Co.'s annual rates, with the utility's charges for customers with electric heating systems emerging as a key issue.
- Foundation raises $500K to send students to Catholic schools Updated: Aug-10-15 11:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Catholic Education Foundation has raised more than half a million dollars under a new state program to help children from low-income families attend private schools in northeast Kansas.