- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Kansas and Missouri beef farmers cashing in on high prices Updated: May-05-15 8:49 am
LA CYGNE, Kansas - If beef is on the menu, firing up the grill this year will cost you more than ever before.
- General Motors will invest $174 million in Kansas plant Updated: May-04-15 2:46 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - General Motors will invest $174 million in its Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, to pay for new equipment and technology to produce the 2016 Malibu, company officials announced Monday.
- Nagamura heads in winner for Sporting KC, 1-0 over Chicago Updated: May-03-15 7:45 pm
- Woman admits defrauding prospective adoptive parents Updated: May-01-15 5:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A woman who pretended to be pregnant has admitted defrauding prospective adoptive parents in Kansas and elsewhere.
- Truck driver charged in 100-pound meth bus in Kansas Updated: Apr-30-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A California truck driver accused of transporting about 100 pounds of methamphetamine through Kansas faces federal charges.
- Kansas City traffic stop leads to 90 pounds of meth Updated: Apr-29-15 7:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas Highway Patrol has discovered more than 90 pounds of methamphetamine during a routine traffic stop.
- Resigned Bishop Finn to preside over ordinations in May Updated: Apr-28-15 2:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Bishop Robert Finn, who was convicted three years ago of failing to report suspected child abuse and who resigned last week as leader of the Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese, will preside over the ordinations of seven deacons next month due to a scheduling conflict for his temporary replacement.
- GM to celebrate completion of its 500 millionth vehicle Updated: Apr-27-15 5:04 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - General Motors is planning a celebration next month at the Fairfax Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Kansas, to mark the completion of its 500 millionth vehicle globally.
- Purple team routs white team 55-24 in K-State spring game Updated: Apr-25-15 7:45 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has been on the sidelines for enough spring games to know the difference between a crisp showing and a sloppy one.
- Investigation continues into driver's license fraud case Updated: Apr-24-15 1:44 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - The number of people arrested in a phony driver's license scheme in suburban Kansas City has swelled to 40.
- Ride-hailing firm Uber expands service to 4 Kansas cities Updated: Apr-23-15 2:34 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Ride-hailing company Uber expanded service to four new Kansas cities Thursday, three days after Republican Gov. Sam Brownback vetoed regulatory legislation that the company said would lead it to leave the state.
- Kansas City loses out on homeland security funds Updated: Apr-23-15 9:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City officials are unhappy that the city has lost out on homeland security funds.
- Kansas Speedway announces safety improvements Updated: Apr-22-15 6:14 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Kansas Speedway is planning new safety improvements before next month's NASCAR races.
- Pope accepts resignation of bishop who didn't report abuse Updated: Apr-21-15 11:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pope Francis accepted the resignation Tuesday of a U.S. bishop who was convicted of failing to report a suspected child abuser, answering calls by victims to take action against bishops who cover up for pedophile priests.
- Royals' Herrera, Ventura punished for incidents vs A's Updated: Apr-21-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Major League Baseball suspended Kansas City Royals reliever Kelvin Herrera five games and fined him and pitcher Yordano Ventura on Tuesday after both targeted Oakland third baseman Brett Lawrie during a testy series over the weekend.
- K-State trying to answer QB question headed into spring game Updated: Apr-21-15 1:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The race to replace one of the most prolific passers in Kansas State history may boil down to a junior who never started at game at quarterback in high school and a sophomore who was born more than six years after Bill Snyder took over the program.
- Kansas man pleads not guilty to federal terrorism charges Updated: Apr-21-15 1:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas man accused of trying to bomb an Army installation in support of a terrorist group on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to three federal charges.
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns Updated: Apr-21-15 7:29 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Bishop Robert Finn has resigned as leader of the Kansas City-St. Joseph Roman Catholic Diocese.
- Audit finds Bloch School ran up deficit to boost enrollment Updated: Apr-19-15 2:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The University of Missouri-Kansas City's business school racked up a nearly $11 million operating deficit in its effort to boost enrollment, the latest blow to the school.
- Shots fired but no injuries in 2-state police pursuit Updated: Apr-19-15 12:35 pm
PRAIRIE VILLAGE, Kansas - Suburban Kansas City police say shots were fired and an officer was pinned against a tree during a two-state chase.
- KU students turn blighted Airstream into mobile classroom Updated: Apr-18-15 2:32 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - University of Kansas architecture students have transformed a blighted camping vehicle into a classroom on wheels.
- 'American Ninja Warrior' show to film in Kansas City Updated: Apr-16-15 7:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The "American Ninja Warriors" TV show has arrived in Kansas City.
- Grand jury indicts Kansas man in Fort Riley bomb plot Updated: Apr-16-15 4:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A federal grand jury has handed down a three-count indictment charging a 20-year-old Kansas man with trying to carry out a suicide attack at Fort Riley.
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita Updated: Apr-16-15 9:22 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Patients who have kidney transplants at the University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City are now able to get some related treatments in Wichita.