- Sporting KC scores 3 times in 14 minutes, beats Revolution Updated: May-20-15 10:09 pm
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri Updated: May-19-15 6:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man who escaped from custody in Kansas City, Kansas, last week has been found.
- Farm finances weaker at start of 2015 Updated: May-18-15 5:06 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Many farmers in the region are starting off the year in weaker financial shape than a year ago.
- Rapids-Sporting KC match postponed because of storm Updated: May-16-15 10:41 pm
- Kansas Senate approves bill for reviving KCK racing park Updated: May-14-15 10:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A bill designed to revive a Kansas City-area dog and horse racing park by lowering taxes on its slot machines was approved by the Kansas Senate on Thursday.
- Man accused in Jewish site shootings fires his attorneys Updated: May-14-15 4:38 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A white supremacist accused of killing three people outside two Kansas Jewish sites fired his attorneys on Thursday, telling the judge that he thought representing himself was the only way he'd be allowed to speak at the capital murder trial.
- Kansas City police seek car connected to teenager's death Updated: May-12-15 5:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas City, Kansas, police say they are looking for a white Chevrolet Malibu connected to the death of a 17-year-old girl who died in a crash as her car attempted to flee from someone firing shots.
- Government groups work across state lines in Kansas City Updated: May-11-15 11:55 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Efforts by the four largest government units in the Kansas City metropolitan area to work together have improved relationships across the Kansas-Missouri border after years of mostly contentious dealings, group members say.
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut Updated: May-09-15 10:46 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Public school districts across Kansas are cutting programs, shedding jobs, ending the school year early and blaming it on the state's new school funding law, even as the conservatives who advocated it tout the changes as a generous step forward for education.
- Logano wins pole for Saturday night race at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-08-15 8:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Joey Logano will start at Kansas Speedway right where he left off.
- Art Institutes International to close Lenexa campus Updated: May-08-15 5:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Art Institutes International-Kansas City has laid off a dozen employees due to the closing of its Lenexa campus.
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Kansas and Missouri beef farmers cashing in on high prices Updated: May-05-15 8:49 am
LA CYGNE, Kansas - If beef is on the menu, firing up the grill this year will cost you more than ever before.
- General Motors will invest $174 million in Kansas plant Updated: May-04-15 2:46 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - General Motors will invest $174 million in its Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, to pay for new equipment and technology to produce the 2016 Malibu, company officials announced Monday.
- Nagamura heads in winner for Sporting KC, 1-0 over Chicago Updated: May-03-15 7:45 pm
- Woman admits defrauding prospective adoptive parents Updated: May-01-15 5:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A woman who pretended to be pregnant has admitted defrauding prospective adoptive parents in Kansas and elsewhere.
- Truck driver charged in 100-pound meth bus in Kansas Updated: Apr-30-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A California truck driver accused of transporting about 100 pounds of methamphetamine through Kansas faces federal charges.
- Kansas City traffic stop leads to 90 pounds of meth Updated: Apr-29-15 7:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas Highway Patrol has discovered more than 90 pounds of methamphetamine during a routine traffic stop.
- Resigned Bishop Finn to preside over ordinations in May Updated: Apr-28-15 2:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Bishop Robert Finn, who was convicted three years ago of failing to report suspected child abuse and who resigned last week as leader of the Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese, will preside over the ordinations of seven deacons next month due to a scheduling conflict for his temporary replacement.
- GM to celebrate completion of its 500 millionth vehicle Updated: Apr-27-15 5:04 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - General Motors is planning a celebration next month at the Fairfax Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Kansas, to mark the completion of its 500 millionth vehicle globally.
- Purple team routs white team 55-24 in K-State spring game Updated: Apr-25-15 7:45 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has been on the sidelines for enough spring games to know the difference between a crisp showing and a sloppy one.
- Investigation continues into driver's license fraud case Updated: Apr-24-15 1:44 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - The number of people arrested in a phony driver's license scheme in suburban Kansas City has swelled to 40.
- Ride-hailing firm Uber expands service to 4 Kansas cities Updated: Apr-23-15 2:34 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Ride-hailing company Uber expanded service to four new Kansas cities Thursday, three days after Republican Gov. Sam Brownback vetoed regulatory legislation that the company said would lead it to leave the state.
- Kansas City loses out on homeland security funds Updated: Apr-23-15 9:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City officials are unhappy that the city has lost out on homeland security funds.