- Kansas City streetcars making comeback after 6-decade hiatus Updated: May-05-16 1:44 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Six decades after Kansas City shuttered one of the nation's largest streetcar networks, a modern but much smaller version is set to open in its central business district - a project supporters say already has spurred hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of downtown development.
- GM to resume production at 4 plants idled by Japan quakes Updated: May-04-16 5:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - General Motors is on track to resume full operations at four North American plants where vehicle assembly has been halted because of supply chain interruptions caused by earthquakes in Japan.
- Missouri auction of seized vehicles raises more than $1.4M Updated: May-04-16 2:41 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A fleet of expensive cars and motorcycles seized from a Kansas City-area accountant has sold for more than $1.4 million.
- Woman, child die in northeast Kansas crash Updated: May-04-16 8:53 am
OTTAWA, Kansas - Authorities say a woman and a boy have died in a crash on Interstate 35 in northeast Kansas.
- Former VA police officer accused of molesting Kansas girls Updated: May-03-16 7:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former police officer for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri, is accused of sexually abusing two girls in Kansas.
- Suspended Kansas lawyer sentenced for mishandling trust Updated: May-03-16 7:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A suspended Kansas City, Kansas, lawyer has been sentenced for misappropriating money from a disabled man's trust fund.
- Portland beat Toronto 2-1, LA and Kansas draw 1-1 Updated: May-01-16 11:45 pm
- Dos Santos stays hot as Galaxy plays Sporting KC to 1-1 draw Updated: May-01-16 11:04 pm
- Kansas officials begin redistricting process for 2022 Updated: May-01-16 12:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Six years before it has to be done, state and federal officials are already talking about redistricting of congressional and legislative districts in Kansas.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Lightning blamed for blaze that destroyed a Kansas home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:37 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities have confirmed that lightning caused a fire that destroyed a suburban Kansas City home.
- Lightning investigated as possible cause of Kansas home fire Updated: Apr-27-16 9:47 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities are investigating lightning as the possible cause of a suburban Kansas City house fire.
- University of Kansas to study stress in Kansas City children Updated: Apr-26-16 11:04 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A $3.7 million federal grant will allow a University of Kansas researcher to study how stress affects young children in Kansas City.
- Olathe neighborhood water tests show no elevated lead Updated: Apr-23-16 2:11 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Officials in a Kansas City suburb say tests show there are no elevated lead levels in water in a neighborhood that showed potentially high levels earlier.
- Missouri lawmakers reject Brownback's 'border war' proposal Updated: Apr-20-16 7:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers appear uninterested in Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's proposal to reduce the business "border war" between the two states.
- Missouri seeking death penalty in Montgomery County homicide Updated: Apr-20-16 3:32 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A hearing for a Mexican national accused of killing a man in Missouri and four people in Kansas was postponed Wednesday amid prosecutors' plans to seek the death penalty in the Missouri case.
- Potentially high lead levels detected in Olathe neighborhood Updated: Apr-20-16 2:10 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A Kansas City suburb is providing bottled water to residents of one neighborhood as a precaution after potentially high lead levels were detected.
- Hall foundation gives $8 million to Kansas Cancer Center Updated: Apr-20-16 1:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Hall Family Foundation has given an $8 million gift to help The University of Kansas Cancer Center receive a national cancer center designation.
- 3 charged in bank robbery witnessed by assistant US attorney Updated: Apr-20-16 10:41 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Three men have been charged in a Kansas City, Kansas, bank robbery that a federal prosecutor witnessed.
- Man admits shooting that killed Kansas education lawyer Updated: Apr-18-16 12:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man has admitted firing a shot that killed a Kansas education official who was not the intended victim.
- Brownback has plan to end Kansas City-area business raiding Updated: Apr-15-16 5:59 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised on Friday that his state would scale back efforts to lure jobs away from the Missouri side of the Kansas City area if Missouri's legislators weaken a law they approved in 2014 to end the business border raiding.
- Kansas-based career college files for bankruptcy Updated: Apr-15-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas-based Wright Career College folded Friday, looking to liquidate its assets in bankruptcy after abruptly closing its five campuses in three states.
- Kansas City law firm announces Grissom as newest addition Updated: Apr-15-16 8:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City, Missouri, law firm says Kansas' U.S. attorney will join its national team specializing in government investigations and compliance.
- Judge considers ACLU challenge to voting documentation rule Updated: Apr-14-16 5:37 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The American Civil Liberties Union urged a judge Thursday to block Kansas from requiring people who register to vote at state motor vehicle offices to show proof of citizenship before they can cast ballots, arguing the mandate violates federal law.
- Kansas birder reports rare sighting of vermilion flycatcher Updated: Apr-14-16 1:32 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Birders are reporting a rare Kansas sighting of a small, bright red species known as the vermilion flycatcher.