- Overland Park giving $25K to Skywalk Memorial Updated: Jun-30-15 5:05 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - The Overland Park City Council has agreed to give $25,000 to a planned memorial commemorating a 1981 hotel disaster in Kansas City.
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places Updated: Jun-29-15 7:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The state-run program that administers Medicaid is seeking volunteer ombudsman for Kansas City, Johnson County and Wichita.
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen Updated: Jun-28-15 7:17 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities say a man knew the two gunmen who shot at him outside a suburban Kansas City mall.
- Sporting KC beats Rapids 2-0 in Chance Myers' return Updated: Jun-27-15 11:02 pm
- Some criticize KCP&L Home Energy Report program Updated: Jun-27-15 2:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Some Kansas City Power & Light customers say a program that compares their energy use with their neighbors' is a form of "energy shaming" that doesn't help make homes more energy efficient.
- USDA proposes healthier fare for child, adult day cares Updated: Jun-27-15 10:48 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - As teachers lament seeing toddlers too large to fit in playground swings, a federal program that feeds millions of low-income children may be overhauled for the first time in almost 50 years, aiming to make the meals at day cares healthier and reduce obesity.
- The Latest: Top Kansas officials approve shuffling of funds Updated: Jun-26-15 4:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The latest on the final day of the Kansas Legislature's annual session. (All times local):
- Governors urge EPA to keep renewable fuel standards intact Updated: Jun-25-15 3:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A plan to reduce the amount of renewable fuels required in the U.S. gasoline supply drew heated condemnation of the petroleum industry Thursday from two governors who said health of the ethanol industry is vital to their states' economy.
- Man sentenced for dropping gun in Kansas City school Updated: Jun-24-15 6:34 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man who dropped a loaded handgun inside a Kansas City school auditorium last year has been sentenced to nearly two years in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Gambling, substance abuse summit begins in Kansas City Updated: Jun-24-15 5:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A three-day summit about gambling and substance abuse prevention is getting underway in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Klinsmann picks 17 of 23 World Cup vets for Gold Cup Updated: Jun-23-15 4:12 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. roster for next month's CONCACAF Gold Cup will look a lot like the American team at last year's World Cup.
- Official: Kansas, Missouri close to ending economic war Updated: Jun-23-15 3:24 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Missouri and Kansas officials are close to an agreement that would end a long-running "border war" that saw both states using economic incentives to persuade businesses to move, a Kansas Cabinet secretary said.
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition Updated: Jun-21-15 11:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas capital murder case involving a white supremacist who is dying of emphysema poses some unusual challenges for a district attorney pursuing the death penalty for the first time.
- KCK church gathers to remember victims of Charleston tragedy Updated: Jun-20-15 5:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The top federal prosecutor for Kansas has joined about 70 churchgoers to remember the nine people killed during a South Carolina church shooting.
- Kansas Supreme Court overturns DNA testing denial Updated: Jun-19-15 4:43 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas Supreme Court on Friday overturned a lower court's denial of a man's request to conduct DNA testing on crime scene evidence gathered after his wife's fatal beating in 1992.
- Jury: Neither Royals, man hurt by flying hot dog at fault Updated: Jun-17-15 6:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Neither the Kansas City Royals nor a man who was struck in the eye with a foil-wrapped hot dog in 2009 were at fault, a western Missouri jury said Wednesday in a case seen as a challenge to the long-held "baseball rule."
- Kansas store owners accused of defrauding federal program Updated: Jun-17-15 4:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Owners of a Kansas City, Kansas, store have pleaded guilty to defrauding a federal food stamp program out of more than $227,000.
- Arkansas has 10 women's soccer games in 2015 season Updated: Jun-15-15 5:44 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas' women's soccer team this year will play 10 home games.
- Man charged with molestation missing from house arrest Updated: Jun-14-15 12:38 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities say a suburban Kansas City music instructor charged with child molestation has removed his ankle bracelet and disappeared.
- Kansas officers speak about Jewish site shootings at hearing Updated: Jun-10-15 8:22 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Law enforcement officers who responded in the chaotic first moments after three people were fatally shot at two Jewish centers in Kansas last year had no idea how dire the situation was, two officers testified Wednesday.
- Budget cuts would cost largest Kansas school districts $67M Updated: Jun-09-15 6:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The seven largest school districts in Kansas would lose a total of $67 million in state aid if Republican Gov. Sam Brownback is forced to cut spending $400 million because legislators don't pass tax increases.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jun-09-15 11:30 am
Salina Journal, June 7
- Kansas City, Kansas, activist jailed Updated: Jun-08-15 8:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Wyandotte County judge has ordered six days in jail for a community activist accused of having indirect contact with victims in a criminal case.
- Body of Kansas City, Kansas, man found in Missouri River Updated: Jun-08-15 5:22 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Authorities have recovered the body of a 30-year-old man who police say was swept into the Kansas River late last month.
- New provost named for UMKC Updated: Jun-08-15 4:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An official with the University of Indiana has been named provost for the University of Missouri-Kansas City.