- Group to help displaced workers find work in Peoria area Updated: Oct-09-15 4:08 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria area workers at Caterpillar and other companies who suddenly find themselves out of work will be getting help finding work in the region.
- Caterpillar announces 230 layoffs at factory in East Peoria Updated: Oct-01-15 9:47 am
EAST PEORIA, Illinois - Caterpillar Inc. says it is indefinitely laying off 230 workers at its plant in East Peoria.
- Peoria woman, 69, found dead after house fire Updated: Sep-27-15 10:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Fire officials say a 69-year-old Peoria woman has been found dead inside a home that was destroyed by fire.
- Peoria mayor expects steep local hit from Caterpillar cuts Updated: Sep-24-15 5:33 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria Mayor Jim Ardis says he expects the city and region to absorb a sizable hit as manufacturer Caterpillar plans to reduce its workforce by as many as 10,000 people.
- Caterpillar says it could cut 10,000 jobs to reduce costs Updated: Sep-24-15 2:37 pm
Caterpillar is planning another round of job cuts that could exceed 10,000 people through 2018, as the construction and mining equipment maker adjusts to downturns in key markets.
- Caterpillar: 'Now is not the time' for Peoria headquarters Updated: Sep-24-15 11:26 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Caterpillar says now isn't the time to start construction on its new world headquarters in downtown Peoria.
- Applications available to replace LaHood in Illinois Senate Updated: Sep-24-15 8:28 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Applications are available to replace Darin LaHood in the Illinois Legislature.
- EXCHANGE: Few replacements as historical re-enactors age Updated: Sep-18-15 1:49 pm
CREVE COEUR, Illinois - At Fort Crevecoeur, a tree is planted when a member of the board of directors dies. In the open, grassy space around the towering, wooden fort, there are plenty of young roots.
- Illinois law change could force smokers out of beer gardens Updated: Sep-17-15 11:02 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers have quietly made it tougher for smokers to find a public place to light up and may have banned smoking in beer gardens altogether.
- Springdale cemetery could have first mausoleum in decades Updated: Sep-17-15 4:50 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A historic Peoria cemetery could be home to a family mausoleum for the first time in 80 years.
- Major pumpkin manufacturer says harvest down in Illinois Updated: Sep-15-15 8:56 am
MORTON, Illinois - A large canned pumpkin manufacturer says yields in Illinois appear to be less than anticipated this year.