- Bradley University presidential search down to 4 candidates Updated: Jul-31-15 11:10 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Bradley University trustees say they have four finalists who they will interview to be the private Peoria school's next president.
- Flooding dampens summer recreation along Illinois River Updated: Jul-28-15 9:47 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Flooding along the Illinois River that has prompted National Weather Service warnings and closed the waterway to boaters for weeks this summer has dampened recreational activities.
- Peoria Civic Center loses $520,000, less than expected Updated: Jul-26-15 5:05 am
PEORIA, Illinois - The Peoria Civic Center lost $520,000 this year. But that was less than expected.
- Caterpillar 2Q results mixed; cuts 2015 revenue forecast Updated: Jul-23-15 10:35 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Caterpillar's says it's looking to manage costs as ongoing economic weakness in countries like China and Brazil and soft commodity prices pressure sales. While second-quarter profit topped Wall Street expectations, revenue fell short and the construction equipment company cut its revenue forecast for the year.
- Lawmakers consider naming highway for White Sox star Thome Updated: Jul-22-15 11:24 am
PEORIA, Illinois - The Illinois House has passed a resolution to rename part of U.S. Route 24 in central Illinois after retired Chicago White Sox star Jim Thome (TOH'-mee).
- Peoria police ask for help solving 3rd homicide in a week Updated: Jul-22-15 8:47 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Police in Peoria are asking for the public's assistance to help them solve the city's third homicide in a week.
- Coroner: 3-year-old Peoria boy drowns in Illinois River Updated: Jul-19-15 2:17 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll says an autopsy determined that a 3-year-old boy drowned in the Illinois River.
- EXCHANGE: State-of-the-art technology tests drivers Updated: Jul-16-15 5:06 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Potential drivers as young as 14 years old and as old as 95 can have their skills behind the wheel evaluated using technology that is unique to central Illinois.
- Peoria running out of funds to demolish abandoned houses Updated: Jul-16-15 4:49 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Officials in the central Illinois city of Peoria say tearing down abandoned houses can remove eyesores and make neighborhoods safer.
- Flood prevention costs $720,000 so far this summer in Peoria Updated: Jul-15-15 11:11 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Officials in Peoria say the city has spent about $720,000 to prevent Illinois River flooding in the last month.
- Illinois mom delivers baby near bridge on way to hospital Updated: Jul-12-15 1:20 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois woman says her baby was born on the bank of a bridge on the way to the hospital.
- Peoria to host 2016 Illinois Republican convention Updated: Jul-10-15 4:08 am
PEORIA, Illinois - The Illinois Republican Party has chosen Peoria as the site of its 2016 state convention.
- Peoria man gets life sentence in wife's stabbing death Updated: Jul-09-15 11:32 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A Peoria man has been sentenced for a second time to life in prison in the 2010 stabbing death of his estranged wife.
- LaHood credits his record, campaign team in GOP nomination Updated: Jul-07-15 9:55 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - The Republican nominee to replace ex-Congressman Aaron Schock says he spent most of his campaign talking about his record as a state senator and former prosecutor, not his famous former U.S. transportation secretary father Ray LaHood.
- Canadian wildfire smoke affecting Illinois air quality Updated: Jul-07-15 12:36 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Smoke from wildfires in Canada is affecting air quality in northwest and west central Illinois.
- Peoria to host conference on invasive Asian carp in August Updated: Jul-07-15 6:22 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A conference is planned in Peoria next month focusing on the invasive Asian carp.
- Well-known acts keep low profile while rehearsing in Peoria Updated: Jul-06-15 1:25 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Famous acts are escaping recognition in central Illinois while they rehearse for upcoming tours.
- Illinois man's fundraising walk for memorial coming to close Updated: Jul-05-15 4:17 am
PRINCEVILLE, Illinois - A central Illinois community is planning a warm welcome home for an 84-year-old man who set out to walk across the state to help raise money for a memorial park dedicated to his wife.
- Peoria ready to welcome food trucks to downtown, other areas Updated: Jul-04-15 4:07 am
PEORIA, Illinois - The city of Peoria is ready to welcome food trucks to its downtown and other areas.