- Central Illinois Mitsubishi plant sold to liquidation firm Updated: Apr-30-16 2:12 pm
NORMAL, Illinois - A Mitsubishi plant in central Illinois that ended production last year has been sold to an auctioneering and liquidation firm.
- Caterpillar closing 5 more plants amid low demand Updated: Apr-28-16 6:49 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Caterpillar Inc. says it will close five more factories - including an Oxford, Mississippi, plant - as the Peoria, Illinois-based heavy equipment maker reacts to slowing demand for construction and mining equipment worldwide by cutting capacity.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.
- Bradley Univ. students donate items as they leave for summer Updated: Apr-25-16 10:54 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - A Central Illinois university has found a new way to help local people in need as students leave campus for summer break.
- Winners announced in 2015 Illinois AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-23-16 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Winners of the Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association contest were announced Saturday in Springfield.
- Weight loss plans show results at Peoria-area wildlife park Updated: Apr-22-16 3:00 pm
HANNA CITY, Illinois - Wildlife Prairie Park is seeing promising results with the weight loss plans it implemented for many of the animals living at the facility outside of Peoria.
- Caterpillar adjusted profit meets Street's view, sales fall Updated: Apr-22-16 9:49 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Caterpillar's first-quarter adjusted profit met Wall Street's view, even as sales declined across various categories while it continues to deal with soft product demand. The mining and construction equipment company lowered its full-year profit forecast.
- EXCHANGE: Peoria man teams with brother to form company Updated: Apr-21-16 6:43 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Jamaal Crayton wants to give a tip of the hat to wearable technology.
- EXCHANGE: Students skip bus, drive tractors to school Updated: Apr-18-16 11:59 am
ROANOKE, Illinois - Alex Pfister learned to drive a tractor at a young age.
- Morel hunters go online to see where to go - and not go Updated: Apr-17-16 5:30 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Mushroom hunters are getting a heads up online about where they can go to find morels in Central Illinois and where they shouldn't go.
- LaHood visits Peoria airport terminal that bears his name Updated: Apr-16-16 5:02 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Former U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood got a close-up look at the Peoria airport terminal the now bears his name.
- Catholic hospital system spins off corporate investment arm Updated: Apr-13-16 11:02 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria-based OSF HealthCare, a nonprofit Catholic health system, is spinning off a corporate investment arm to financially back new technology and devices.
- Andrea Gorski returns to Bradley as women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-09-16 4:51 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Andrea Gorski is returning to Bradley as women's basketball coach.
- Peoria Zoo names 4-month-old female lion cubs Updated: Apr-08-16 12:13 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - The Peoria Zoo has given African names to its three 4-month-old female lion cubs.
- EXCHANGE: Robotics team's project helps Woodford County girl Updated: Apr-07-16 10:59 am
METAMORA, Illinois - Four-year-old Emily Heflin coolly gripped the handlebars of her small, one-of-a-kind, personalized car, and lurched forward.
- Elmwood man accused of trying to kill Farmington officer Updated: Apr-06-16 11:13 am
LEWISTOWN, Illinois - A domestic battery suspect who was shot by an Illinois police officer is accused of trying to kill the officer.