- Richard Pryor statue to stand in his Illinois hometown Updated: May-02-15 2:11 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - A yearslong effort to honor comedian Richard Pryor with a statue in Peoria is coming to a conclusion and prompting some residents of his hometown to re-examine the comic and his legacy.
- Where is Aaron Schock? Lawsuit lawyer says he doesn't know Updated: Apr-30-15 4:04 pm
CHICAGO - Where is Aaron Schock? An attorney for a campaign donor suing the former Illinois congressman told a federal judge he has been unable to locate the Republican, who resigned amid questions about his spending, to serve him notice about the lawsuit, a Chicago newspaper reported Thursday.
- EXCHANGE: Vet students make call to Wildlife Prairie Park Updated: Apr-30-15 1:12 pm
HANNA CITY, Illinois - A half dozen veterinary students quickly descended on the 100-pound beast, a cougar armed with teeth and claws made for tearing apart large prey such as deer.
- 2 teenage brothers arrested in beating of woman Updated: Apr-30-15 5:32 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Two teenage brothers have been arrested on accusations they followed a 25-year-old woman off a bus in Peoria and beat her after she said they were being disruptive.
- Final curtain nears for old-time piano playing contest Updated: Apr-30-15 5:25 am
EAST PEORIA, Illinois - A piano competition devoted to ragtime, boogie and novelty songs is in its last year.
- Bradley names longtime administrator as interim president Updated: Apr-30-15 4:05 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Bradley University has named a veteran administrator as interim president while it conducts a nationwide search for someone to fill the job permanently.
- Peoria teacher accused of improper relationship with student Updated: Apr-29-15 6:28 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois teacher has been arrested following accusations she had an improper relationship with a student.
- App could ease need for change for parking in Peoria Updated: Apr-29-15 5:43 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Peoria invites you to park by app.
- EXCHANGE: Central Illinois couple cares for paralyzed dog Updated: Apr-24-15 6:28 am
FARMINGTON, Illinois - A visitor at the Grubb home in Farmington is promptly greeted by an enthusiastic and unique Chihuahua mix.
- IEMA awards grant to aid East Peoria landslide victims Updated: Apr-24-15 4:26 am
EAST PEORIA, Illinois - Victims of landslides in East Peoria two years ago will receive help from the state.
- Caterpillar beats 1Q profit forecasts Updated: Apr-23-15 8:13 am
PEORIA, Illinois _ Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) on Thursday reported first-quarter profit of $1.11 billion.
- EXCHANGE: Service dogs act as a lifeline for owner Updated: Apr-22-15 8:07 am
PEORIA, Illinois - In terms of temperament, the black-haired poodle Lincoln and the redheaded Julianne Smith are a tidy match. Mostly, it's the cold weather. Neither of them can stand it.
- Appeals court: Review if convicted killer was fit for trial Updated: Apr-21-15 4:52 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - A state appellate court panel has ordered a Peoria judge to review whether a man was fit to stand trial for the killing of a woman in 2010.
- GOP's Darin LaHood favored in race to replace Schock Updated: Apr-20-15 8:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The son of former federal cabinet member and longtime congressman Ray LaHood remained the overwhelming favorite Monday as the field took shape for the special election to replace disgraced former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock in a heavily Republican central Illinois district.
- Schock donor sues ex-US congressman seeking reimbursement Updated: Apr-15-15 5:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock's legal problems expanded Wednesday as a contributor sued to force the repayment of millions of campaign dollars, saying he was tricked into believing the young lawmaker who has since resigned amid questions about his spending was "a breath of fresh air" in a corruption-riddled state.
- Titanic exhibit headed to Peoria Riverfront Museum Updated: Apr-15-15 4:08 am
PEORIA, Illinois - An exhibit of relics salvaged from the Titanic is headed to Peoria's Riverfront Museum.
- Peoria man gets 67 years in teen's shooting death Updated: Apr-10-15 4:53 am
PEORIA, Illinois - One of two brothers charged with murder in a central Illinois teenager's shooting death has been sentenced to nearly 70 years in prison.
- Officials: Fatal robbery suspect kills self in confrontation Updated: Apr-09-15 2:45 pm
BAY VIEW GARDENS, Illinois - Authorities say a suspect in a robbery and fatal shooting at a gas station outside Peoria has killed himself in a confrontation with officers.