- US senator: Metro-North fined $552,000 past decade Updated: Apr-18-14 7:58 pm
- Bridgeport grocer accused of food stamp fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:38 am
- Authorities balk at financier's effort to be freed Updated: Apr-10-14 2:05 pm
- Man found shot on Bridgeport street dies Updated: Apr-10-14 7:31 am
- Court: Bridgeport ex-mayor can't get law license Updated: Apr-09-14 1:55 pm
- School bus driver in crash cited for tailgating Updated: Apr-09-14 8:55 am
- Feds say man spoke of radio-controlled plane bombs Updated: Apr-08-14 5:31 pm
- Man shot in face in Bridgeport expected to survive Updated: Apr-07-14 8:22 am
- Report: More than 7,000 Metro-North defects found Updated: Apr-06-14 3:37 pm
- Connecticut picks 6 medical marijuana dispensaries Updated: Apr-03-14 4:35 pm
- Connecticut grants 4 new charter schools Updated: Apr-02-14 9:25 pm
- Lawyer: 'State will have to kill me' before client Updated: Mar-31-14 12:51 pm
- Providence shuts out Quinnipiac 4-0 in Bridgeport Updated: Mar-28-14 10:00 pm
- Bridgeport policy allows 6 chickens per household Updated: Mar-26-14 8:51 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Metro-North, the nation's second-largest commuter railroad, has been fined $552,000 over the past decade for safety violations and defects, U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said Friday.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport grocer has been charged with buying food stamps from customers and using the money to buy bulk merchandise.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Federal prosecutors are objecting to a request by a Venezuelan financier to be released from prison while he awaits sentencing in July in a Connecticut-based fraud scheme, saying he's a flight risk.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police are investigating what could be the city's second homicide of the year.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a decision denying a law license for former Bridgeport Mayor Joseph Ganim, citing the extent of his criminal conduct that led to his conviction on corruption charges and insufficient evidence of rehabilitation.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - State police have cited a school bus driver for tailgating after an accident on Route 8 in Bridgeport that sent 13 high school students to the hospital.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Moroccan man in Connecticut who allegedly expressed interest in using remote-controlled airplanes to bomb a school and a federal building has been arrested by the FBI and detained without bail, federal authorities said Tuesday.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police say a man shot in the face over the weekend is expected to survive.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A newspaper reports that federal inspectors found more than 7,100 defects and deficiencies in the Metro-North Railroad over the last decade, but records show regulators launched an investigation only after two high-profile accidents last year.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Locations for Connecticut's six medical marijuana dispensaries have been selected, the state Consumer Protection Commissioner said Thursday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut State Board of Education has approved four new charter schools, including two in the state's largest city, Bridgeport, and one each in Stamford and New Haven.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut public defender vowed the state will have to kill her before she allows it to execute her client in a triple murder case she said never should have gone to trial because the defendant is mentally ill.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Jon Gillies made 37 saves and third-seeded Providence beat second-seeded Quinnipiac 4-0 on Friday night in an NCAA East Region semifinal.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch is proposing a new policy that would set standards for city residents who want to keep chickens on their property.