- US senator: Metro-North fined $552,000 past decade Updated: Apr-18-14 1:33 pm
- Bridgeport grocer accused of food stamp fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 5:38 am
- Authorities balk at financier's effort to be freed Updated: Apr-10-14 2:05 pm
- Man found shot on Bridgeport street dies Updated: Apr-10-14 7:31 am
- Court: Bridgeport ex-mayor can't get law license Updated: Apr-09-14 1:55 pm
- School bus driver in crash cited for tailgating Updated: Apr-09-14 8:55 am
- Feds say man spoke of radio-controlled plane bombs Updated: Apr-08-14 5:31 pm
- Man shot in face in Bridgeport expected to survive Updated: Apr-07-14 8:22 am
- Report: More than 7,000 Metro-North defects found Updated: Apr-06-14 3:37 pm
- Connecticut picks 6 medical marijuana dispensaries Updated: Apr-03-14 4:35 pm
- Connecticut grants 4 new charter schools Updated: Apr-02-14 9:25 pm
- Lawyer: 'State will have to kill me' before client Updated: Mar-31-14 12:51 pm
- Providence shuts out Quinnipiac 4-0 in Bridgeport Updated: Mar-28-14 10:00 pm
- Bridgeport policy allows 6 chickens per household Updated: Mar-26-14 8:51 am
- Quinnipiac to open NCAA tournament in Bridgeport Updated: Mar-23-14 3:40 pm
- Conn. man sentenced to 9 years in burglary spree Updated: Mar-21-14 4:31 pm
- Conn. man accused of trying to burn baby Updated: Mar-21-14 5:44 am
- Report: Connecticut police flouting records laws Updated: Mar-20-14 11:30 am
- Branford, Conn., man sentenced for Ponzi scheme Updated: Mar-19-14 5:23 pm
- Conn. correction employee charged with threatening Updated: Mar-19-14 5:14 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Metro-North, the nation's second-largest commuter railroad, has been fined $552,000 over the past decade for safety violations and defects, U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said Friday.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport grocer has been charged with buying food stamps from customers and using the money to buy bulk merchandise.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Federal prosecutors are objecting to a request by a Venezuelan financier to be released from prison while he awaits sentencing in July in a Connecticut-based fraud scheme, saying he's a flight risk.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police are investigating what could be the city's second homicide of the year.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Connecticut Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a decision denying a law license for former Bridgeport Mayor Joseph Ganim, citing the extent of his criminal conduct that led to his conviction on corruption charges and insufficient evidence of rehabilitation.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - State police have cited a school bus driver for tailgating after an accident on Route 8 in Bridgeport that sent 13 high school students to the hospital.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Moroccan man in Connecticut who allegedly expressed interest in using remote-controlled airplanes to bomb a school and a federal building has been arrested by the FBI and detained without bail, federal authorities said Tuesday.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police say a man shot in the face over the weekend is expected to survive.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A newspaper reports that federal inspectors found more than 7,100 defects and deficiencies in the Metro-North Railroad over the last decade, but records show regulators launched an investigation only after two high-profile accidents last year.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Locations for Connecticut's six medical marijuana dispensaries have been selected, the state Consumer Protection Commissioner said Thursday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut State Board of Education has approved four new charter schools, including two in the state's largest city, Bridgeport, and one each in Stamford and New Haven.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut public defender vowed the state will have to kill her before she allows it to execute her client in a triple murder case she said never should have gone to trial because the defendant is mentally ill.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Jon Gillies made 37 saves and third-seeded Providence beat second-seeded Quinnipiac 4-0 on Friday night in an NCAA East Region semifinal.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch is proposing a new policy that would set standards for city residents who want to keep chickens on their property.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Quinnipiac University will open up the NCAA hockey tournament about 30 miles from campus in Bridgeport.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Lisbon man has been sentenced to nine years in prison in the theft of nearly 20 guns stolen taken a string of residential burglaries.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut man is accused of assaulting his 13-month-old son and trying to burn him with a lighter as a neighbor attempted to protect the boy, who suffered only minor injuries.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Some police officials in Connecticut refused to release documents they're required to disclose under state law when asked by reporters who visited all the police departments in the state, three newspapers reported in Thursday editions.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Federal authorities say a Branford man has been sentenced to more than eight years in prison for operating a Ponzi scheme that defrauded more than 70 investors of about $3.6 million.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - State police say a fired Connecticut Department of Correction employee has been charged with threatening.