- Teen admits to role in death of 'Grandpa of Capitol Avenue' Updated: Apr-27-16 7:04 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 19-year-old man has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the 2013 death of a 72-year-old man known as the "Grandpa of Capitol Avenue" in Bridgeport.
- Clinton, Trump win primaries in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 11:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary in Connecticut, claiming a narrow victory Tuesday over U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in a state where she campaigned on pledges to address gun violence.
- Suit: Cops violated rights of man taking kids for ice cream Updated: Apr-26-16 4:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two Connecticut officers are accused of violating a black man's rights during a traffic stop last year when they frisked him and searched his car as his two frightened sons sat in the back seat, according to a lawsuit announced Tuesday.
- Presidential candidate visits to Connecticut step up Updated: Apr-22-16 3:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The presidential candidates are stepping up visits to Connecticut before Tuesday's primary.
- Lawsuit alleges Meriden cavity search was sexual assault Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A surveillance video showing a group of Meriden police officers holding down and strip-searching a 19-year-old man in a police department cell is expected to be the key piece of evidence in a federal civil rights trial that begins on Wednesday.
- Ex-hospital official accused of sexually assault, voyeurism Updated: Apr-19-16 2:34 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former hospital official is accused of forcibly administering enemas to at least four men and secretly photographing dozens more.
- Connecticut to expand methadone treatment for prisoners Updated: Apr-17-16 10:16 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officials are planning to expand methadone treatment to prisoners across the state over the next year or so, in what authorities believe would be the first statewide program in the country to use the drug to help prisoners avoid harsh withdrawal symptoms and overdoses.
- Softball star Finch to guest manage minor league game Updated: Apr-16-16 4:58 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Softball star Jennie Finch has agreed to spend a day managing a minor league baseball team.
- Bridgeport man faces 10 years for shooting brothers Updated: Apr-13-16 6:47 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport man has admitted to firing the shots that killed a 34-year-old man and wounded his younger brother in the culmination of bad blood between two families.
- Ex-state official gets prison time in towing scheme Updated: Apr-08-16 12:07 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former state marshal and one-time high sheriff of Fairfield County has been sentenced to spend a year in prison for his role on a scheme to make money off cars that were seized from delinquent Bridgeport taxpayers.
- Ex-meat cutter sues Whole Foods for $15 million Updated: Apr-08-16 6:45 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former meat cutter at a Whole Foods in Westport is suing the grocery chain for allegedly firing him after he complained to higher-ups that the store was selling tainted meat.
- Raid on bar results in 100 underage drinking citations Updated: Apr-06-16 1:41 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Authorities say most of the roughly 100 people cited for underage drinking following a police raid on a Connecticut bar were students at a nearby Catholic university.
- Bridgeport man dies in fiery crash on I-95 Updated: Apr-06-16 7:52 am
DARIEN, Connecticut - State police say a Bridgeport man has died in a fiery crash on Interstate 95 in Darien.
- Drug dealer denies kidnapping son from ex-wife's home Updated: Apr-06-16 6:46 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A convicted drug dealer has denied charges that he kidnapped his 7-year-old son from his ex-wife's Trumbull home last month.
- Lawmakers, radiologists say Medicaid cuts hurt poor women Updated: Apr-03-16 10:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Radiologists and minority lawmakers are hoping to find enough money in Connecticut's cash-strapped budget to reverse last year's cut in the Medicaid reimbursement rate for radiology services, which they claim has already decreased poor and often-minority women's access to mammography service while possibly increasing their risk for undetected breast cancer.
- Jury clears Connecticut woman accused of murdering boyfriend Updated: Mar-31-16 7:08 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A jury has cleared a Connecticut woman accused of murder charges after she rammed her boyfriend to death with her car.
- 2nd mistrial declared in student dismemberment case Updated: Mar-31-16 5:30 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A mistrial was declared Thursday for a second time in the case against a man charged with killing and dismembering his girlfriend after she broke up with him.
- Father sentenced in death of infant with alcohol in system Updated: Mar-30-16 4:47 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut father whose infant son died with a high blood alcohol level is headed to prison.