- Police: revenge over children's breakup led to shootings Updated: May-04-15 8:44 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Police say a dispute between two families led to the fatal shooting of a 34-year-old Bridgeport man and the wounding of his 32-year-old brother on Sunday.
- Proposed ordinance targets dirt bikes, ATVs on city streets Updated: May-04-15 1:17 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A newly proposed ordinance calls for stiff penalties for those caught driving dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles on Connecticut's biggest city's streets.
- Bridgeport police arrest man after brothers shot, 1 killed Updated: May-03-15 1:16 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police say a man is in custody after he allegedly shot two brothers in an argument, killing one of them.
- Man gets 15 years in prison for trying to hang wife Updated: May-01-15 8:42 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for trying to hang his wife with a noose tied to their garage ceiling.
- Police say robbery suspect may have shot himself Updated: May-01-15 8:34 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Bridgeport police say a would-be robber may have shot himself.
- Coins only items salvageable from Bridgeport time capsule Updated: Apr-30-15 6:53 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A few coins were all that could be salvaged from time capsule recovered during a school demolition in Bridgeport.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit in Little League retribution case Updated: Apr-28-15 5:00 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by a Connecticut father who said a baseball Little League demoted his 9-year-old son to a lower-level team because of the father's plans to build affordable housing next to a former league official's home.
- 2nd suspect arrested in Bridgeport store owner's killing Updated: Apr-27-15 9:23 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The second man sought in the fatal shooting of a Bridgeport store owner earlier this month has been arrested.
- Greenwich hedge fund controller imprisoned for embezzlement Updated: Apr-27-15 12:18 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Greenwich man has been sentenced to four years in prison for embezzling more than $9 million from the hedge fund where he worked.
- Driver killed, state worker hurt in Merritt Parkway crashes Updated: Apr-26-15 5:07 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A Bridgeport man has been killed after his car was rear-ended on the Merritt Parkway, and a state highway worker laying flares after the crash was injured.
- Police find close to 3 pounds of cocaine in box of mangos Updated: Apr-24-15 5:31 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport man faces several drug charges after police say they found almost 3 pounds of cocaine hidden in a box of mangos.
- Police: woman attacks bicyclist who threw rock at car Updated: Apr-21-15 6:28 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 45-year-old Stratford woman is accused of beating a bicyclist with a baseball bat in Bridgeport.
- Authorities: Trial set for man accused in revenge killing Updated: Apr-20-15 4:43 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The murder trial for a 37-year-old Bridgeport man who police say waited eight years to get retribution against another man is set to begin.
- Overlooked female veterans highlighted by state legislation Updated: Apr-18-15 5:10 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A prospective new law could help Shannon Lyons, a 51-year-old veteran of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan, find a job that pays enough to save for a house.
- Police: 2 New Haven men charged in fatal Bridgeport robbery Updated: Apr-15-15 9:08 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Police say a New Haven man is in custody and a second man is sought in the weekend shooting death of a Bridgeport store owner.
- Man sentenced to in prison for defrauding client of $1M Updated: Apr-14-15 5:06 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Woodbridge man has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for stealing a million dollars from a client of his financial consulting business.
- Death of missing Bridgeport woman ruled a homicide Updated: Apr-08-15 6:23 pm
STRATFORD, Connecticut - The state medical examiner's office says the death of a Bridgeport woman whose remains were found in a marshy area in Stratford was a homicide.
- Suicide follows police discovery of woman's remains Updated: Apr-07-15 8:07 am
STRATFORD, Connecticut - Police say a man described as a person of interest in an investigation of the disappearance of a Bridgeport woman has killed himself.
- Remains found in search for woman; man questioned is dead Updated: Apr-06-15 9:37 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Investigators who have been searching for a missing Bridgeport woman have found unidentified human remains, and a person of interest in the case has apparently taken his own life, police said Monday night.
- Bridgeport's ex-mayor backs ban on corrupt politicians Updated: Apr-06-15 5:49 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Former Bridgeport Mayor Tom Bucci is supporting state legislation that would ban politicians convicted of corruption or other crimes from again seeking public office.