- Santa Fe County worker accused of stealing government items Updated: Jul-31-15 10:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Santa Fe County public works employee is in custody after allegedly stealing government items to sell online.
- Suspected kidnapper in Albuquerque dies in reported shootout Updated: Jul-31-15 8:16 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A kidnapping suspect in Albuquerque is dead after reportedly exchanging gunfire with law enforcement officers.
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dies in Nashville Updated: Jul-31-15 6:07 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lynn Anderson, whose strong, husky voice carried her to the top of the charts with "(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden," has died. She was 67.
- Business owner denies NM agency gave it special treatment Updated: Jul-31-15 5:40 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The owner of a Bernalillo-based business at the center of a state investigation denies it received preferential treatment from the New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue.
- Date for reopening nuke dump in New Mexico being pushed back Updated: Jul-31-15 5:19 pm
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Officials at the federal government's troubled nuclear waste repository in southern New Mexico say the target date for reopening is being pushed back.
- Jury will hear that man killed by police had been arrested Updated: Jul-31-15 4:01 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A judge on Friday ruled that a jury can be told limited information about a homeless man's prior arrest in the trial of a former and current officer facing murder charges in his death.
- New Mexico State Police: 2 drivers killed in fiery crash Updated: Jul-31-15 2:22 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police say two motorists were killed in a fiery collision involving three vehicles.
- Meal-deliverer honored for freeing child from locked car Updated: Jul-31-15 2:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque officials are honoring a city employee for rescuing a child from a locked car.
- Tire fire put out on property where felon shot himself Updated: Jul-31-15 8:56 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A tire fire has been extinguished on a compound in Bernalillo County where authorities say a felon fatally shot himself, ending an 8-hour SWAT situation.
- District attorney's son arrested in third shoplifting case Updated: Jul-31-15 8:25 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico district attorney's son is once again facing charges in a shoplifting case.
- Man convicted in May 2011 killing of Albuquerque resident Updated: Jul-31-15 5:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Bernalillo County jury has convicted a man of second-degree murder in the 2011 killing of an Albuquerque resident.
- Albuquerque Fire Department dispatcher's license suspended Updated: Jul-30-15 10:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque Fire Department dispatcher who told a 911 caller trying to help a teenage shooting victim to "deal with it yourself" before hanging up has had his emergency medical dispatch license suspended.
- Wanted man killed after trying to flee Las Cruces motel ID'd Updated: Jul-30-15 6:34 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities have identified a wanted man who was fatally shot by authorities in Las Cruces after trying to escape from a motel room window.
- Convicted rapist in New Mexico gets 54 more years in prison Updated: Jul-30-15 6:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A convicted rapist has been sentenced to an additional 54 years in prison for three other sexual assault cases in New Mexico.
- University of New Mexico revamps its new student orientation Updated: Jul-30-15 5:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico has revamped its new student orientation to better reach students with a message about sexual misconduct.
- New Mexico Dems eye changes after historic losses in 2014 Updated: Jul-30-15 4:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Eight months ago, Republican Gov. Susana Martinez won re-election by a wide margin and the GOP took control of the New Mexico House for the first time since Dwight Eisenhower was president.
- New Mexico State Police: 2 killed in crash of small plane Updated: Jul-30-15 3:58 pm
TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, New Mexico - Authorities say two men from New Mexico and Utah were killed when a single-engine plane crashed in the vicinity of the airport in Truth or Consequences.
- Inmate claims he was shot by guards during target practice Updated: Jul-30-15 3:37 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - An inmate is suing the New Mexico Corrections Department, claiming that he was shot in the foot by officers who participated in target practice near the cells.
- Bernalillo County again making juvenile mugshots public Updated: Jul-30-15 11:32 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Bernalillo County is again releasing mugshots and booking sheets for juvenile suspects.
- Albuquerque police: 2nd carjacking suspect now in custody Updated: Jul-29-15 8:37 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say two carjacking suspects now are in custody.
- 2 houses from 'Breaking Bad' for sale in Albuquerque Updated: Jul-29-15 8:22 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two houses featured on the hit AMC-TV series "Breaking Bad" are up for sale in Albuquerque.
- Rain stymies drought in about half of New Mexico Updated: Jul-29-15 2:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - More than 49 percent of the state is free of drought conditions following the fourth-wettest six months the state has seen.
- AP names Mary Hudetz as New Mexico law enforcement reporter Updated: Jul-29-15 1:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Mary Hudetz, a former Associated Press journalist and current editor of Native Peoples Magazine in Phoenix, will return to the AP in August to become the news cooperative's law enforcement reporter in Albuquerque.
- Navajo nursing home faces closure Updated: Jul-29-15 9:07 am
GALLUP, New Mexico - The Navajo Nation's only nursing home, which caters to nearly 80 elderly patients, is at risk of being shut down as the facility faces a hefty fine over safety code violations.
- Tracking 'shadows' in New Mexico's Bootheel Updated: Jul-29-15 9:05 am
ANIMAS VALLEY, New Mexico - WARNING, the sign says: primitive road. WARNING, another reads: no services ahead.