- Rockford University looking to finish raising $17.3 million Updated: Oct-09-15 2:08 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford University says it still needs to raise $6.6 million as part of its $17.3 million Rock Solid and Ready capital campaign.
- Donations come in for new police dog in Winnebago County Updated: Oct-09-15 4:45 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Residents of Winnebago County are contributing money to train a third police dog for the sheriff's department.
- Rockford losing its air connection to New York City area Updated: Oct-07-15 4:56 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford airport is losing its connection to the New York City area just weeks after the service began.
- Man taken into custody after 4-hour Rockford clinic standoff Updated: Sep-28-15 9:59 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A standoff between Rockford police and an armed man holed up in a health clinic ended peacefully with the man's surrender.
- Woman pleads guilty to role in effort to aid terror groups Updated: Sep-28-15 6:29 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Bosnian immigrant who used to live in Illinois pleaded guilty Monday to a federal conspiracy charge for her role in an effort to support terrorist groups in Iraq and Syria.
- Rockford to get bigger airport loan amid funding hang-up Updated: Sep-24-15 11:13 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford airport officials will be able to borrow $8 million from lenders to keep contractors at work on a jet repair facility scheduled to open this spring while they wait for state and federal funding to be secured.
- Teachers approve deal, end strike at Rock Valley College Updated: Sep-22-15 8:54 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Teachers at a Rockford community college have voted to accept a new contract, ending a four-day strike.
- Rockford to pay $330,000 to settle storm water complaint Updated: Sep-20-15 11:36 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - The city of Rockford will pay nearly $330,000 to state and federal environmental protection agencies as part of a settlement of a complaint that it violated clean water standards on storm water that runs into area rivers and streams, officials said.
- World Trade Center beams to be placed at Rockford memorial Updated: Sep-11-15 5:20 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Two steel beams salvaged from New York's World Trade Center after the 9/11 terrorist attacks will be installed at the Winnebago County Emergency Responders Memorial.
- EXCHANGE: Bonnie Estrada looks back fondly on library job Updated: Sep-10-15 8:40 am
ROCKTON, Illinois - As summer comes to a close, Bonnie Estrada is preparing to leave the job she was "lucky to have fallen into" 41 years ago.