- Safety cited in Winnebago County bid for more jail guards Updated: Aug-02-15 11:05 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Winnebago County officials pushing to hire more jail guards say that staff shortages are putting corrections officers in danger.
- Rockford man convicted of murder in road-rage killing Updated: Aug-01-15 4:17 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A Rockford jury has found a local man guilty of first-degree murder in the 2011 death of a motorist who was gunned down in what authorities called a case of road rage.
- Rockford hotel plan pins hopes on Chinese investors Updated: Aug-01-15 11:35 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - A developer planning turn a former factory in downtown Rockford into a hotel is trying to attract Chinese investors looking to get U.S. green cards to help cover the costs.
- Winnebago County sheriff wants budget hike to fight crime Updated: Jul-26-15 5:05 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - The new Winnebago County sheriff says the community should "stand up to" crime by approving a $6.7 million budget increase for more officers and equipment.
- Man, dog fatally shot before house fire near Rockton Updated: Jul-22-15 12:50 am
ROCKTON, Illinois - The Winnebago County coroner's office says a man found dead Saturday after a fire ravaged his home had been shot to death.
- Rockford Police to use Tasers again Updated: Jul-21-15 9:50 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford Police officers will once again be armed with Tasers six years after the department stopped using them.
- Rockford studying ways to increase Internet access for poor Updated: Jul-19-15 11:35 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford civic and business leaders are studying ways to increase Internet access for poor families.
- Illinois man killed in western Nebraska crash Updated: Jul-18-15 1:52 pm
BUSHNELL, Nebraska - A Rockford, Illinois, man has died in a fiery crash on Interstate 80 near Bushnell in western Nebraska.
- EXCHANGE: Doctor shortage addressed by telepsychiatry Updated: Jul-08-15 5:02 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - There's a room at the Rosecrance Ware Center in Rockford where patients have been going for six months to see Dr. Michael Kuna even though he's not there.
- Child hospitalized in Rockford after hit-and-run accident Updated: Jul-04-15 10:15 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Authorities in northern Illinois say a young child is hospitalized in stable condition after being hit by a truck in a hit-and-run accident.