- Santa Fe Opera announced 2017 season Updated: Apr-29-16 2:38 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe Opera's 2017 season will include a world premiere, three new productions for the company and a collection of works spanning 300 years.
- Los Alamos lab plans to hire hundreds by 2020 Updated: Apr-28-16 11:31 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - The head of the Los Alamos National Laboratory is assuring Santa Fe leaders that the lab will remain a strong force in the region as it looks to hire about 2,000 people in the next four years.
- New Mexico appoints new Health Department secretary Updated: Apr-28-16 5:32 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A new Cabinet secretary has been appointed to lead the New Mexico Department of Health after the death of Sec. Retta Ward in March.
- Search resumes for missing treasure hunter Updated: Apr-27-16 9:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities on Wednesday resumed the search for a Colorado man who disappeared more than three months ago while hunting for a $2 million cache of gold, jewels and artifacts in a rugged part of New Mexico.
- Appeal rejected in off-road vehicles case on forest use Updated: Apr-27-16 3:25 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal appeals court has rejected an appeal by a motorized off-road vehicles users group that challenged a Forest Service decision reducing the routes available for use in the Santa Fe National Forest in northern New Mexico
- Hot-potato corruption case assigned to Albuquerque judge Updated: Apr-26-16 2:43 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Republican district court judge from Albuquerque has been appointed to oversee criminal proceedings against former Sen. Phil Griego after nine Santa Fe-based judges stepped aside or were excused.
- Police: Driver shot heroin while driving with child in car Updated: Apr-25-16 4:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say a Santa Fe man is accused of injecting himself with heroin while driving with a young child in the back seat of his car.
- Correction: Paramedic-Stolen Debit Card story Updated: Apr-25-16 12:23 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - In a story April 13 about a Santa Fe paramedic being accused of stealing a man's debit card, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the man's daughter said she wrote his PIN code on the card. Rebecca Pearson says her father's family surmises he wrote the code on his card after he suffered a stroke.
- Hundreds of teens register to vote in New Mexico primary Updated: Apr-24-16 4:53 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Hundreds of New Mexico teenagers are capitalizing on a new state law that allows 17-year-olds who will be 18 the day of the election in November to vote in the June primary.
- 2 Santa Fe teens suspected of assaulting woman at gunpoint Updated: Apr-23-16 4:50 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Two teenage boys in Santa Fe have been accused of assaulting a woman with a handgun.
- New Mexico eyes $24 million settlement in pay-to-play case Updated: Apr-22-16 8:25 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico officials are considering whether to accept a $24 million settlement from an investment firm in what would be the largest payment yet in a pay-to-play scandal during the administration of former Gov. Bill Richardson.
- Lawsuit against natural cigarette maker moved to New Mexico Updated: Apr-21-16 5:56 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A class-action lawsuit targeting a company behind a line of cigarettes touted as natural has moved to U.S. District Court in Albuquerque.
- Western dramas pack New Mexico production studios Updated: Apr-18-16 2:33 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's soundstages are at capacity as television production ramps up in the state.
- Santa Fe mulls nixing parking tickets to increase nightlife Updated: Apr-16-16 5:53 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Santa Fe is considering establishing a program that would allow impaired drivers to leave vehicles overnight without the threat of a parking ticket.
- New Mexico graduation rate dips for 2014-15 school year Updated: Apr-15-16 7:31 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico saw a dip in the number of students who earned diplomas last year, but state education officials said Friday the graduation rate for the class of 2015 is still an improvement over levels reported a few years ago.
- Former NMSU student pleads no contest in Las Cruces shooting Updated: Apr-15-16 6:27 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A suspect in a shooting at a Las Cruces home has pleaded no contest to attempted murder and other charges, including negligent use of a firearm and criminal damage to property.
- Latina governor's fundraising prowess on display at GOP gala Updated: Apr-15-16 2:59 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Second-term Gov. Susana Martinez is raising money through a political action committee as if she still is a contender, and lavishing more funds than ever on a Republican strategist while taking her tough-talking agenda on immigration issues and taxes to out-of-state audiences.
- US to purchase archaeological site in northern New Mexico Updated: Apr-15-16 12:21 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Members of the state's congressional delegation say the federal government will use conservation money to acquire a 365-acre archaeological site south of Santa Fe in Santa Fe County in northern New Mexico.
- Authorities: Stray tortoise found in downtown Santa Fe area Updated: Apr-14-16 3:53 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Anyone missing their pet tortoise? That's what the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society wants to know.
- Espanola tax preparer accused of tax evasion and fraud Updated: Apr-14-16 1:50 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - An Espanola tax preparer faces felony charges accusing her of filing false tax returns and failing to pay taxes.
- In New Mexico, appointments times lag for Medicaid patients Updated: Apr-13-16 9:25 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A spot survey by state analysts found low-income Medicaid patients in New Mexico are waiting on average from three weeks to nearly two months to get an appointment with a doctor, prompting new concerns about barriers to health care access for the poor and disabled.
- New Mexico gets first glimpse at campaign cash Updated: Apr-11-16 10:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Candidates for the New Mexico Legislature submitted campaign finance reports ahead of a Monday night deadline that provide the first glimpse of political fundraising for June primaries and the fall general election.
- Electricity-rate increase plan spurs protest in New Mexico Updated: Apr-11-16 1:14 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Environmental activists are staging a protest in Santa Fe as state utility regulators consider a proposed 14 percent rate increase by New Mexico's largest electric utility.
- New Mexico commission appoints interim chief public defender Updated: Apr-08-16 5:56 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Santa Fe public defender will be the interim chief of the state Law Offices of the Public Defender.
- Chicano poet Jimmy Santiago Baca film set for June release Updated: Apr-07-16 1:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A documentary about Chicano writer Jimmy Santiago Baca is set to be released in June and producers hope to screen it in schools with Latino and Native American students.