- Hearing pushed back in secretary of state's fraud case Updated: Oct-08-15 2:33 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A state judge decided Thursday that a legal team should get more time to prepare a defense to fraud and other charges against embattled Secretary of State Dianna Duran given the complexity of the case.
- Ruling: State can't take action vs tribe's casino vendors Updated: Oct-07-15 9:35 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - State gaming officials are being prevented from taking any action against the businesses that contract with a northern New Mexico tribe.
- Official: Stopping teacher evaluations would hurt students Updated: Oct-07-15 2:42 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A witness for the New Mexico Public Education Department said during a hearing that if a judge stops the state's new teacher evaluation system it would negatively impact students and the school system in general.
- Judge rules Santa Fe can't ban sale of small liquor bottles Updated: Oct-07-15 2:08 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A judge has struck down a Santa Fe ordinance that would have banned the sale of small bottles of Alcohol.
- New Mexico to license 12 new medical marijuana producers Updated: Oct-05-15 5:36 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Department of Health says it will issue licenses to a dozen new producers as part of the state's medical marijuana program.
- Lawsuit: Inmate denied treatment after suffering in hot van Updated: Oct-05-15 5:32 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former New Mexico inmate has filed a lawsuit against the Department of Corrections and two state corrections officers, saying they left him and several other shackled prisoners to suffer unattended in a van with inadequate ventilation on a hot summer day.
- Santa Fe cigarette maker subject of class-action lawsuit Updated: Oct-03-15 1:08 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe company behind American Spirit cigarettes is being targeted in a class-action lawsuit.
- Roswell school official supports state teacher evaluations Updated: Oct-02-15 3:57 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The superintendent of a southern New Mexico school district said he supports the state's controversial teacher evaluation system, but has also gone against the state's policy by renewing the license of a teacher who received low ratings.
- Jane Fonda sells New Mexico ranch listed at $19.5 million Updated: Oct-01-15 7:17 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Jane Fonda's ranch in northern New Mexico has finally sold after going on the market more than a year ago.
- BLM names longtime agency employee as New Mexico director Updated: Oct-01-15 6:12 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management's New Mexico office has a new director.
- Santa Fe police find body in drainage pipe underground Updated: Sep-30-15 7:32 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Santa Fe police say a body found in a culvert Wednesday likely has been there for weeks.
- FEMA removes elite state rescue team from federal listing Updated: Sep-23-15 5:36 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico officials say they'll appeal a decision by federal emergency managers to strip a state-managed urban search and rescue team of its federal status and funding.
- Authorities: Human plague case confirmed in Santa Fe County Updated: Sep-23-15 5:06 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The fourth confirmed case of human plague the year has been confirmed in New Mexico.
- City forced to cancel Santa Fe Triathlon Updated: Sep-20-15 11:31 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe Triathlon has run its course before even starting.
- Gov. Martinez presents excellence in the arts awards Updated: Sep-19-15 5:15 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Seven New Mexicans have been honored for their artistic excellence.
- Digital series to be filmed in Santa Fe and Albuquerque Updated: Sep-16-15 3:48 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Film Office says the digital series "t@gged" will be filmed in Santa Fe and Albuquerque from the end of this month through mid-October.
- House panel schedules meeting in secretary of state case Updated: Sep-16-15 11:44 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The panel of New Mexico lawmakers that will be investigating fraud and other charges against one of the state's highest ranking officials as part of impeachment proceedings has scheduled its first meeting.
- New Mexico lawmakers OK funds for impeachment investigation Updated: Sep-15-15 5:52 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - One of New Mexico's highest-ranking officials pleaded not guilty to dozens of charges during a brief court appearance Tuesday as lawmakers cleared the way for an impeachment investigation into allegations that she embezzled money from campaign contributions.
- The Latest: Embattled NM secretary of state visits offie Updated: Sep-15-15 4:18 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The latest on fraud charges against New Mexico's secretary of state (all times local):
- Judge approves delay in trial of deputy's death Updated: Sep-15-15 10:26 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A judge is allowing a six month delay in the trial of a former Santa Fe County sheriff's deputy charged with shooting and killing another deputy.
- Bio-fuel firm causes grease spill into Santa Fe River Updated: Sep-13-15 6:34 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A company that recycles grease and food waste for restaurants could face fines for a mess it left in the Santa Fe River, officials said.
- Woman gets probation in fatal hit-and-run Updated: Sep-11-15 8:35 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A woman who fatally struck a homeless man with her vehicle and then left the scene has been sentenced to probation.