- Santa Fe County worker accused of stealing government items Updated: Jul-31-15 10:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Santa Fe County public works employee is in custody after allegedly stealing government items to sell online.
- Inmate claims he was shot by guards during target practice Updated: Jul-30-15 3:37 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - An inmate is suing the New Mexico Corrections Department, claiming that he was shot in the foot by officers who participated in target practice near the cells.
- GOP official ousted over anti-Trump piÃ±ata Santa Fe party Updated: Jul-28-15 2:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico Hispanic Republican Party official has been removed from his post after hosting an anti-Donald Trump event that included a necktie-wearing blonde piÃ±ata.
- Santa Fe police chief announces immediate retirement Updated: Jul-28-15 1:44 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Santa Fe's police chief is stepping down after just more than a year in office.
- Chimayo man arrested, accused in death of Arroyo Seco woman Updated: Jul-27-15 8:52 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Authorities say a Chimayo man has been arrested in connection with the killing of a northern Santa Fe County woman.
- Trial set for man who threw banana peel at Dave Chappelle Updated: Jul-27-15 4:35 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The man accused of throwing a banana peel at comedian Dave Chappelle during a New Mexico performance is headed to court.
- New Mexico Corrections Department hires convicted murderer Updated: Jul-26-15 3:01 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - An ex-convict who terrorized a couple in southwestern New Mexico, leading to the woman's death, is the first participant in a new state-run inmate transition program.
- Police: DEA joining probe in Santa Fe pot dispensary blast Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is joining an investigation into an explosion and fire at a Santa Fe medical marijuana dispensary that injured two people, police said Friday.
- $165M verdict upheld in FedEx fatal highway crash Updated: Jul-23-15 12:31 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Santa Fe judge has upheld a $165 million verdict against FedEx for a highway crash that killed a mother and her 4-year-old daughter in 2011.
- Game fan creates community spot where youth can test mettle Updated: Jul-21-15 2:32 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Sean Romero works as a clothing store manager, raises two kids and still finds time to operate The Realm of Possibilities, a shop dedicated to games.
- Ex-inmate must follow judge's orders in Santa Fe prison dig Updated: Jul-21-15 1:29 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A state judge has set limitations on an ex-inmate's search of a now-closed state penitentiary for evidence he says would prove that prisoners had been abused.
- State struggles to fine-tune naloxone regulations Updated: Jul-20-15 11:13 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - At the same time as New Mexico promotes naloxone as a way to decrease overdose deaths, the state's Board of Pharmacy is working to increase regulation of the drug.
- Santa Fe school lowers tuition for community college grads Updated: Jul-19-15 5:04 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe University of Art and Design is allowing graduates of the local community college to enroll with a tuition discount.
- Santa Clara asks feds to shut down Pojoaque casinos Updated: Jul-17-15 3:50 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Santa Clara Pueblo has asked the federal government to shut down Pojoaque Pueblo's casinos north of Santa Fe, which have continued to operate without a state gambling compact.
- O'Keeffe Museum receives gift of artist's correspondence Updated: Jul-15-15 6:38 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Research Center says it has received a gift of correspondence between the famed artist and portrait artist Frances O'Brien.
- Appeal hearing set for former sheriff in civil rights case Updated: Jul-15-15 11:05 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A federal appeals court in Denver is set to hear arguments in the case of former Rio Arriba County sheriff Tommy Rodella, who received a 10-year prison sentence for violating a motorist's civil rights while brandishing a handgun.
- Case of tularemia confirmed in a Los Alamos County man Updated: Jul-13-15 8:06 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Department of Health has confirmed that a 51-year-old man in Los Alamos County contracted tularemia.
- Shots fired, none injured during attempted car theft Updated: Jul-13-15 1:48 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Police are looking for a suspect who they say tried to steal a car and then fired five shots at the vehicle owner.
- Lawmaker's father settles suit over Santa Fe county arrest Updated: Jul-12-15 12:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The father of a New Mexico lawmaker has settled two lawsuits in which he claims he was wrongfully arrested for drunk driving and assaulting an officer.
- New Mexico cities top others in US for export growth Updated: Jul-11-15 3:04 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Three New Mexico cities are being ranked among the top five metropolitan areas in the country with the most export growth.
- New Mexico pueblos' control of schools could be costly Updated: Jul-11-15 2:34 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Two New Mexico pueblos will control the curriculum at their schools but worry that authority may come at a great cost, tribal officials said.
- City Council clears proposed senior living facility Updated: Jul-09-15 8:25 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe City Council has cleared way for an assisted living home for seniors on Old Pecos Trail despite dozens of residents being outright against the proposal.
- Illegal dumping threatens NM sensitive sites and waterways Updated: Jul-08-15 3:40 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - It's garbage day in a picturesque swath of Northern New Mexico, and plastic trash bins line both sides of the highway that runs along the Rio Chama between EspaÃ±ola and AbiquiÃº. Down a narrow county road that follows the valley's slope toward the river, the newly emptied bins are stationed at the ends of dusty residential driveways, open lids flapping.
- Man indicted on charges that he falsified EMT credentials Updated: Jul-08-15 10:50 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Rio Rancho man indicted on charges that he falsified EMT records is being asked to appear before a judge later this month for arraignment.
- NM governor reappoints prosecutor to public defender group Updated: Jul-04-15 3:46 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico governor's reappointment of a career prosecutor to the Public Defender Commission has revived lawmakers' questions about whether Republican Susan Riedel is legally qualified for the post.