- Starwood falls after rival rebuts report of merger talks Updated: Jul-30-15 4:24 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Shares of hotel operators Starwood Hotels & Resorts and InterContinental Hotels Group rose in early trading Thursday on reports the companies were talking about a possible merger, but slumped when InterContinental Hotels said that wasn't true.
- WWE shares soar as more people pay for its streaming network Updated: Jul-30-15 12:15 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. soared Thursday as the company said more people subscribed to its online video streaming service in the second quarter.
- Police: Woman likely set house fire that took her life Updated: Jul-28-15 7:19 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Stamford woman found dead after a fire in her home apparently set the blaze.
- WWE cuts ties with Hulk Hogan amid report that he used slurs Updated: Jul-24-15 9:52 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. has severed ties with Hulk Hogan amid a report that one of the biggest stars in professional wrestling history used racial slurs in a conversation caught on a sex tape.
- Financial services company receives state aid to expand Updated: Jul-22-15 7:35 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Stamford-based financial services company will receive up to $20 million in state aid under a deal to expand its operations in Connecticut.
- Police: Woman, 62, stole more than $500K from aunt Updated: Jul-17-15 3:34 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut woman who was supposed to be watching her elderly aunt's finances gambled them away instead.
- Police: Connecticut robbery suspect left paystub behind Updated: Jul-08-15 8:31 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A Stamford man has been charged with the armed robbery of a check cashing business after police say he left a paystub behind.