- Man gets retrial after conviction, given longer sentence Updated: Jun-24-15 4:34 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A suburban Chicago man who demanded and was given a retrial in the 2007 death of a woman received a longer prison term than he did following a 2009 murder trial.
- Innocence certificate given man cleared of rape Updated: Jun-18-15 7:02 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A Lake County judge has granted a certificate of innocence to a suburban Chicago man who was exonerated by DNA testing after spending more than 20 years in prison for an abduction and rape.
- September trial set in 2009 North Chicago murder case Updated: Jun-10-15 5:09 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A man being held on $3 million bond in the Lake County jail will go to trial in September on charges he killed a North Chicago man in 2009.
- Attorney seeking new trial for client wants Staker evidence Updated: Jun-02-15 3:33 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - An attorney for a Chicago man who claims he's innocent of a 2004 suburban murder is asking a judge to block the city of Waukegan from destroying evidence from the 1992 rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl.
- Illinois agency continuing to test fish from Waukegan Harbor Updated: Jun-02-15 9:19 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - An Illinois agency says it is continuing to test fish caught from Waukegan Harbor, which was found to be contaminated four decades ago.