- New trial date set for Illinois man in girlfriend's death Updated: May-22-15 4:05 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - There is a new date set for the first-degree murder trial of a northeastern Illinois man accused of shooting his girlfriend in the face at a bar as her 9-year-old daughter looked on.
- EPA proposes $10M plan to remove tar-like liquids Updated: May-21-15 4:41 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - The federal Environmental Protection Agency is pitching a $10 million plan to pump tar-like liquids from the groundwater near the Waukegan Port District's lakefront property.
- Man who pleaded guilty to sexual assault sentenced Updated: May-20-15 3:07 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A suburban Chicago man who pleaded guilty to a criminal sexual assault charge in a 2012 attack on a 7-year-old girl has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
- Mother of black teen shot by Illinois officer leads protest Updated: May-15-15 6:31 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - The mother of a black 17-year-old shot in the back and killed by a white police officer led a small but vocal group of demonstrators on a march through a suburban Chicago community on Friday, chanting and blowing whistles to express their anger that the officer won't face charges.
- No charges for white Illinois officer who killed black teen Updated: May-14-15 9:10 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A prosecutor said Thursday that he won't charge a white northeastern Illinois police officer in the fatal shooting of a black 17-year-old, saying the fleeing teen was holding a loaded handgun and that the officer feared for his life and a fellow officer's.
- Waukegan judge gives 30 years for former girlfriend's death Updated: May-08-15 12:17 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A Waukegan judge has sentenced an Antioch Township man to 30 years in prison for the death of his former girlfriend.
- Nearly 250 jobs to be lost in Waukegan from plant's closure Updated: May-07-15 5:17 pm
CHICAGO - The June closure of a Waukegan manufacturing plant that produces video gambling machines will result in the elimination of nearly 250 jobs in Lake County.
- Waukegan to pay $7.5M to man wrongfully convicted of murder Updated: May-06-15 1:40 pm
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - The Waukegan City Council has voted to approve a $7.5 million settlement of a lawsuit filed by an Illinois man who wrongfully served nearly 20 years in prison for the 1992 rape and murder of an 11-year-old Waukegan girl.