- NYPD: Man, 41, stabbed to death on Bronx street Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a 41-year-old man is dead after he was stabbed to death in front of an apartment building in the Bronx.
- Prosecutor: Biggest gang takedown in New York City history Updated: Apr-27-16 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - Law enforcement rescued a housing project with the biggest gang takedown in city history, and now officials are investigating whether the city's 400,000 public housing residents were being protected in safe conditions as required by federal law, a federal prosecutor announced Wednesday.
- NYC woman pleads not guilty to mugging 103-year-old victim Updated: Apr-27-16 5:53 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors say a woman accused of attacking and robbing a 103-year-old woman in her New York City apartment building has been indicted.
- No. 5 subway line service in the Bronx has resumed Updated: Apr-27-16 6:11 am
NEW YORK - Transit officials say the No. 5 subway line has resumed service in the Bronx.
- NYPD: Man accused of fatally beating neighbor in elevator Updated: Apr-25-16 5:50 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says a man is accused of beating his 74-year-old neighbor to death inside the elevator of their Bronx apartment building.
- Man fatally shot in torso in Bronx, no arrests made Updated: Apr-23-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - Police say a 30-year-old man has been shot to death in the Bronx.
- Cuomo taps Bronx state senator for housing post Updated: Apr-22-16 10:31 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed state Sen. Ruth Hassell-Thompson as special adviser for policy and community affairs at the state agency responsible for building and preserving affordable housing and enforcing rent regulation laws.
- NYC reaches $40M wrongful conviction settlement with 5 Updated: Apr-22-16 6:36 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say New York City has agreed to pay $40 million to settle civil rights lawsuits filed by five people who claimed they were wrongfully convicted of murder in the Bronx.
- 3 baby lemurs to debut at the Bronx Zoo Updated: Apr-21-16 1:21 pm
NEW YORK - Three baby lemurs are making their debut at the Bronx Zoo.
- Miller, Betances form Bronx Strikeout Machine before Chapman Updated: Apr-21-16 9:36 am
NEW YORK - Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller send batter after batter muttering on the way back to the dugout.
- Precautions taken due to possibly unstable Bronx structure Updated: Apr-21-16 9:28 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say they've evacuated about nine residential buildings as a precaution because a building under construction in the Bronx appeared unstable.
- NYPD: Bronx man faces charges in fatal stabbing of man, 58 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:31 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says officers have arrested a Bronx man in the killing of his longtime roommate.
- NYPD: Bronx man arrested in shooting death of man last week Updated: Apr-15-16 5:19 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a 36-year-old man has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a Bronx man last week.
- Burning incense caused NY fire that killed 2 toddler sisters Updated: Apr-14-16 4:10 pm
NEW YORK - Investigators say burning incense caused a New York City fire that killed two toddler sisters.
- NYPD: Man slashed on subway over his backpack Updated: Apr-13-16 5:12 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD is asking for the public's help in finding two men who slashed a man on a Bronx subway train over his backpack.
- NYRA board backs restructuring outside state control Updated: Apr-13-16 12:31 am
ALBANY, New York - The New York Racing Association board has advanced restructuring plans recommending future governance outside of state control.
- Visiting Arthur Avenue in the Bronx means Italian food Updated: Apr-12-16 10:53 am
NEW YORK - A visit to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx means one thing: Italian food.
- Convicted rapist charged with throwing teen off roof in 1989 Updated: Apr-08-16 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - Investigators say they have used DNA samples collected decades ago to crack the case of a 17-year-old girl thrown to her death from a Bronx rooftop in 1989.
- NYC teacher who poisoned, drowned her 2 kids is convicted Updated: Apr-08-16 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City teacher who poisoned her two young children with windshield wiper fluid and then drowned them has been convicted of manslaughter.
- New York police sergeant cleared in man's '09 shooting death Updated: Apr-07-16 8:17 pm
NEW YORK - A police sergeant was cleared Thursday of claims he violated the civil rights of an emotionally disturbed man in a deadly 2009 shooting.
- Cruz's 'New York values' jab comes back to haunt him Updated: Apr-07-16 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - Ted Cruz's attempt to upset native son Donald Trump in the Empire State primary has so far turned on three words: "New York values."
- Rider crashes Uber car amid cop chase as real driver awakens Updated: Apr-05-16 11:21 am
COLESVILLE, New York - Authorities say an Uber passenger who took the wheel while the driver slept later crashed the car while trying to elude police.
- The Latest: New England spots break April 4 snowfall records Updated: Apr-04-16 6:53 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the springtime storm sweeping through the Northeast (all times local):
- Police: Minor injuries in chartered bus crash in Adirondacks Updated: Apr-04-16 2:38 pm
MINERVA, New York - Authorities say 20 people were taken to a hospital with injuries that aren't life-threatening after a bus carrying Bronx college students home from a weekend retreat overturned on a snowy Adirondack highway.
- Officials: High winds Sunday topple hundreds of trees in NYC Updated: Apr-04-16 6:32 am
NEW YORK - Whipping winds have toppled hundreds of trees across New York City.