- Man arraigned in fatal shooting of NY shelter director Updated: May-27-15 12:35 am
NEW YORK - A man accused of gunning down a woman after she left her job for the day as director of a Bronx homeless shelter has been arraigned on kidnapping and murder charges.
- Aging Catholic nuns get care at Jewish nursing home Updated: May-24-15 12:22 pm
NEW YORK - For 98-year-old Sister Angela Rooney, it was one of the most jarring moves of her life.
- 14-year-old shot in Bronx in possible gang dispute Updated: May-22-15 1:08 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a 14-year-old who was involved in a gang has been shot to death in the Bronx.
- 24 little penguins from Australia go on display at Bronx Zoo Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
NEW YORK - Two dozen members of the world's smallest penguin species have taken up residence at the Bronx Zoo.
- Record $50 million worth of Mexican heroin seized in NYC Updated: May-19-15 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - An investigation of a pair of New York City drug traffickers has resulted in a record seizure of more than 150 pounds of heroin from Mexico worth at least $50 million, authorities said Tuesday.
- Woman charged with marrying 10 times is a day late for court Updated: May-19-15 1:16 pm
NEW YORK - A woman accused of marrying 10 times in an immigration scam has reported to a Bronx court a day late after a warrant was issued for her arrest.
- NYC police boss pitches amnesty idea to clear 1.2M warrants Updated: May-17-15 12:00 pm
NEW YORK - Sheila Beasley was struggling to clean up after her beloved Rottweiler, Rocky, on a Bronx sidewalk on a December day in 2008 when she briefly put his leash down - a move spotted by a nearby plainclothes police officer who promptly wrote her a summons for having an unleashed dog.
- No charges against engineer who caused deadly NYC derailment Updated: May-14-15 8:49 pm
NEW YORK - No criminal charges will be brought against the engineer who fell asleep at the controls of a New York City commuter train in 2013, leading to a derailment that killed four people, prosecutors said Thursday.
- NYC man killed in 2-vehicle Thruway crash in Mohawk Valley Updated: May-14-15 8:58 am
CANAJOHARIE, New York - State police say a New York City man is dead and a 19-year-old woman is hospitalized after a two-vehicle accident that shut down both westbound lanes of the Thruway in the Mohawk Valley.
- No NYPD uniform, but big role for plainclothes cops Updated: May-09-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - They could be riding with unsuspecting New Yorkers on the subway. Or behind the wheel in a car in midtown Manhattan traffic. Or mingling with revelers at the New Year's Eve celebration in Times Square.
- Mergers of 31 additional NY Catholic churches announced Updated: May-08-15 10:59 am
NEW YORK - The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York is merging 31 parishes into 14 new parishes in the second phase of a consolidation process, church officials announced Friday.
- NYPD: Man arrested in 2013 slaying of reputed mobster Updated: May-06-15 6:01 am
NEW YORK - A man has been arrested in connection with the 2013 slaying of a reputed mobster in the Bronx.
- Man admits pointing laser at aircraft near New York airport Updated: May-05-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - A man who aimed a laser pointer at planes near LaGuardia Airport pleaded guilty to a new federal charge on Tuesday.
- Gun in officer's slaying 9th from Georgia heist found in NY Updated: May-05-15 7:15 pm
NEW YORK - A handgun used to fatally shoot a New York Police Department officer a few days ago was among 23 stolen from a Georgia pawn shop and is the ninth to be recovered on the city's streets.
- Habitat for Humanity plans Bronx Co-op Updated: May-05-15 6:47 am
NEW YORK - Habitat for Humanity is building a 60-unit apartment building in the Bronx.
- Squatter holds up apartment project in the Bronx Updated: Apr-29-15 7:04 am
NEW YORK - A 76-year-old Army veteran hopes to halt a project that would replace a Bronx stable he's been squatting in with an apartment building.
- Dispute outside church leaves 2 fatally shot, 4 injured Updated: Apr-28-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - A long-running feud between two men ended in bloodshed when a gunfight broke out at a wake in Brooklyn, leaving one of them dead, police said Tuesday.
- NY transit officials: Budget gap could cause 15 percent hike Updated: Apr-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - New Yorkers could face a 15 percent fare and toll increase if the state legislature doesn't fund the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's $15 billion budget hole, a transit official said Monday.