- Matterhorn wins Belmont feature Updated: May-06-15 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - Matterhorn rallied from last in the four-horse field to win the $77,000 allowance feature Wednesday at Aqueduct.
- NYPD: Man arrested in 2013 slaying of reputed mobster Updated: May-06-15 6:01 am
NEW YORK - A man has been arrested in connection with the 2013 slaying of a reputed mobster in the Bronx.
- Man admits pointing laser at aircraft near New York airport Updated: May-05-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - A man who aimed a laser pointer at planes near LaGuardia Airport pleaded guilty to a new federal charge on Tuesday.
- Gun in officer's slaying 9th from Georgia heist found in NY Updated: May-05-15 7:15 pm
NEW YORK - A handgun used to fatally shoot a New York Police Department officer a few days ago was among 23 stolen from a Georgia pawn shop and is the ninth to be recovered on the city's streets.
- Habitat for Humanity plans Bronx Co-op Updated: May-05-15 6:47 am
NEW YORK - Habitat for Humanity is building a 60-unit apartment building in the Bronx.
- Squatter holds up apartment project in the Bronx Updated: Apr-29-15 7:04 am
NEW YORK - A 76-year-old Army veteran hopes to halt a project that would replace a Bronx stable he's been squatting in with an apartment building.
- Dispute outside church leaves 2 fatally shot, 4 injured Updated: Apr-28-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - A long-running feud between two men ended in bloodshed when a gunfight broke out at a wake in Brooklyn, leaving one of them dead, police said Tuesday.
- NY transit officials: Budget gap could cause 15 percent hike Updated: Apr-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - New Yorkers could face a 15 percent fare and toll increase if the state legislature doesn't fund the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's $15 billion budget hole, a transit official said Monday.
- Program aims to increase energy efficiency, drive down rents Updated: Apr-27-15 6:13 am
NEW YORK - Bronx officials have come up with a program to increase energy efficiency and keep rents affordable.
- Bronx bristle: Yanks growing mustaches during winning streak Updated: Apr-25-15 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - There's something hairy going on in the New York Yankees clubhouse.
- Police: Body in 2012 Bronx homicide case found upstate Updated: Apr-21-15 4:53 pm
BLOOMING GROVE, New York - State police say human remains found by utility workers clearing brush in upstate New York have been identified as the victim in a Bronx homicide case.
- Report: NY Assembly speaker profited from mom's embezzlement Updated: Apr-21-15 2:53 pm
NEW YORK - New York state Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, who promised to bring integrity to Albany when he was chosen to lead the legislative body this year, profited from the improper sale of an apartment his mother had bought with embezzled money, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- 3 shot at Bronx house party; no arrests Updated: Apr-19-15 1:16 pm
NEW YORK - Three people including a 15-year-old girl are hospitalized after they were shot at a house party in the Bronx.
- Families make videos to reassure patients with dementia Updated: Apr-17-15 1:26 am
NEW YORK - For 94-year-old Louise Irving, who suffers from dementia, waking up every day to a video with a familiar face and a familiar voice seems to spark a flicker of recognition.
- Prosecutors: NY office worker posed as dentist, pulled teeth Updated: Apr-16-15 6:52 pm
NEW YORK - An office manager was arraigned Thursday on charges she posed as a dentist when the real dentist was away and seriously injured patients after pulling their teeth, performing root canals on them and injecting their mouths, prosecutors said.
- 2 new baby western lowland gorillas at Bronx Zoo Updated: Apr-15-15 9:04 pm
NEW YORK - Visitors to the Bronx Zoo have some new faces to see. The zoo is introducing two new baby western lowland gorillas to the public.
- NYC woman pleads not guilty in fake-marriages case Updated: Apr-10-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - A woman tied the knot 10 times in an immigration scam and is still listed as married to four of the men, including one who was deported because of threats against the United States, prosecutors said Friday.