- NYS grant enables Bronx Zoo to protect its historical photos Updated: Feb-08-16 11:06 am
NEW YORK - The Wildlife Conservation Society has received a New York state grant that will enable it to protect glass plate and film negatives dating to the founding of the Bronx Zoo and New York Aquarium.
- Officials: Bronx fire leaves at least 19 people hurt Updated: Feb-08-16 5:06 am
NEW YORK - Fire officials say at least 19 people were injured in a New York City blaze.
- Police seek suspect after woman raped in Bronx building Updated: Feb-06-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - Police in New York City are searching for a man who they say robbed and then sexually assaulted a woman in the stairwell of a Bronx apartment building.
- Small group of NY lawmakers make biggest outside incomes Updated: Feb-06-16 11:04 am
ALBANY, New York - Reform advocates, most voters and Gov. Andrew Cuomo want to help clean up scandal-scarred Albany by prohibiting the state's 213 legislators from making serious money on the side.
- 2 deadly fires strike homes within a few blocks in the Bronx Updated: Feb-06-16 10:13 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say two fires erupted barely three blocks away from each other in the Bronx, and two people have died and four others have been injured.
- Mention of NYC officers' shooting is barred at cop's trial Updated: Feb-06-16 9:41 am
NEW YORK - This week's shooting of two New York City police officers in a public housing stairwell has become an issue in another officer's manslaughter trial.
- NYPD officer who was shot in cheek released from hospital Updated: Feb-05-16 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - One of two New York City police officers who was shot and wounded in the stairwell of a public housing project was released from the hospital Friday to cheers from fellow officers.
- New streetcar at heart of NYC mayor's State of City speech Updated: Feb-04-16 9:17 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio, beginning his third year in office with middling poll numbers and stubborn political problems, delivered his annual State of the City address Thursday night, highlighting the steps his administration has taken to make the city safer and more equitable.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Feb-03-16 10:59 am
ALBANY, New York - Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- NYC to launch metered parking app by year's end Updated: Feb-03-16 7:21 am
NEW YORK - Motorists in New York City will be able to pay for metered parking via a smartphone app by the end of the year.
- Richards, Waterman spark Manhattan past Rider 65-57 Updated: Feb-02-16 9:38 pm
RIVERDALE, New York - Zane Waterman sparked a go-ahead rally in the waning minutes with a 3-point play, and Shane Richards poured in 28 points as Manhattan broke Rider's three-game win streak with a 65-57 come-from-behind win Tuesday night.
- Slain teen's parents ask New York City mayor to fire officer Updated: Feb-02-16 1:34 pm
NEW YORK - The parents of an unarmed black teenager killed by a white police officer four years ago Tuesday rallied at City Hall to demand the city fire the patrolman.
- The Latest: Parents ask NYC mayor to fire cop who killed son Updated: Feb-02-16 1:17 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the fourth anniversary of the shooting death of 18-year-old Ramarley Graham (all times local):
- NY speaker wants higher taxes on millionaires Updated: Feb-02-16 1:12 am
ALBANY, New York - A long-awaited tax proposal from Democrats in the New York state Assembly would increase taxes on millionaires while giving tax relief to middle-class and low-income workers, a shift they said would raise $1.2 billion in new revenue while making the state income tax more equitable.
- Man gets 8 ½ years for 2013 kidnapping, jewelry store heist Updated: Jan-28-16 6:51 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Bronx, New York man will serve 8 ½ years behind bars for his role in a 2013 kidnapping and jewelry store heist.
- Fire officials: 1 dead, 2 firefighters hurt in NYC home fire Updated: Jan-28-16 5:27 am
NEW YORK - Fire officials say a person has died after a house caught fire in the Bronx.
- NYC man says friend stole $50,000 winning lottery ticket Updated: Jan-27-16 4:19 am
NEW YORK - A New York City man says his friend stole his $50,000 winning lottery ticket from the $1.5 billion Powerball drawing earlier this month.
- Bronx couple indicted in death of baby buried in woods Updated: Jan-26-16 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - A Bronx couple has been indicted in the death of their 2-month-old son whose body was discovered in a wooded area in Dutchess County last year.
- Bronx man sentenced for Waterville trafficking conspiracy Updated: Jan-26-16 6:58 am
BANGOR, Maine - A 35-year-old Bronx, New York man was sentenced to serve just over three years behind bars for his role in a large-scale trafficking ring that brought drugs into Waterville.
- Fence to be put in after girl falls into NYC manhole Updated: Jan-26-16 5:03 am
NEW YORK - The New York City Housing Authority says a manhole has been covered with plywood after a 6-year-old girl fell down the snow-covered hole.
- Suspect facing charges in fatal machete attack on neighbor Updated: Jan-25-16 6:25 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD has arrested a suspect on charges of killing his next-door-neighbor in the hallway of their Bronx apartment building.
- Cops: 2 New York teens charged with attacking Muslim man Updated: Jan-22-16 6:04 pm
NEW YORK - Police in New York City have brought hate crime charges against two teenage boys they say attacked a Muslim man walking his niece home from school.
- Woman seriously injured in Bronx fire Updated: Jan-18-16 11:39 pm
NEW YORK - Fire officials say a woman was seriously injured in an apartment fire in the Bronx.
- Off-duty NYPD officer robbed at gunpoint Updated: Jan-18-16 12:14 pm
NEW YORK - New York City police say an off-duty officer shot and wounded a suspect during an armed robbery in the Bronx.
- Richards, Manhattan beat Niagara 69-64 Updated: Jan-17-16 5:20 pm
RIVERDALE, New York - Shane Richards made four 3-pointers and scored 22 points, RaShawn Stores made four free throws in the final 12 seconds and Manhattan beat Niagara 69-64 on Sunday.