- Legionnaires' bacteria found in Bronx apartment building Updated: Sep-02-15 8:59 pm
NEW YORK - The New York City Health Department says bacteria that causes Legionnaires' disease has been found in the water system of an apartment building in the South Bronx.
- Cuomo, other NY officials plan visit to troubled Puerto Rico Updated: Sep-01-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - A group of New York public officials led by Gov. Andrew Cuomo is scheduled to travel to Puerto Rico for meetings on the island's economic crisis.
- Bystander dies after being shot by NYPD undercover officer Updated: Aug-29-15 5:44 pm
MOUNT VERNON, New York - An innocent bystander accidentally shot by a plainclothes officer died early Saturday, hours after being wounded when the officer opened fire on an armed suspect during an undercover gun buy that went bad, New York City police said.
- Broncos sign tight end Dan Light of Fordham Updated: Aug-28-15 2:06 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The "Gronk of the Bronx" might just become the "Gronk of the Broncos."
- Suspect in Newark slaying arrested in the Bronx Updated: Aug-25-15 10:40 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Bail is set at $1 million for a Newark man accused of killing another in New Jersey's largest city.
- NYPD looking for suspect in robbery pattern Updated: Aug-25-15 5:32 am
NEW YORK - New York City police are looking for a suspect who robbed two women in separate incidents after following them to their apartment building in the Bronx.
- Man sues hotel named as source of Legionnaires' outbreak Updated: Aug-24-15 8:04 pm
NEW YORK - A man who came down with Legionnaires' disease and spent several days in a hospital has filed a civil lawsuit against the hotel identified by authorities as the source of the deadly outbreak.
- 7 injured in Bronx multi-vehicle pileup Updated: Aug-23-15 10:34 am
NEW YORK - Seven people have been taken to local hospitals after a multi-vehicle pileup in the Bronx. The injured were all in stable condition.
- Mayor: Gas explosion at New York school caused by lit match Updated: Aug-21-15 5:07 pm
NEW YORK - An explosion that blew a gaping hole in the side of a high school just days before classes were to begin was touched off when a worker tested a gas line by lighting a match, the mayor said Friday.
- NY lawmaker on Times Square flap: Ban male toplessness too Updated: Aug-21-15 12:39 pm
ALBANY, New York - A state senator from the Bronx has a new proposal in response to concerns about topless women in Times Square: make it illegal for anyone - male or female - to go topless in public.
- Historic hotel named source of deadly Legionnaires' outbreak Updated: Aug-20-15 5:55 pm
NEW YORK - A historic hotel's rooftop air-conditioning unit is the source of a Legionnaires' disease outbreak that has killed 12 people and sickened more than 100 in the Bronx, the city's health commissioner said Thursday.
- Bronx woman charged in autistic uncle's death Updated: Aug-20-15 10:13 am
NEW YORK - A Bronx woman has been charged with starving her severely autistic uncle to death while under her care.
- Bronx man drowns in Kentwood Lake Updated: Aug-19-15 6:34 am
KENT, New York - Officials say an 18-year-old Bronx man died after drowning in a suburban New York lake.
- New York jail inmate diagnosed with Legionnaires' disease Updated: Aug-11-15 6:36 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City jail inmate has been diagnosed with Legionnaires' disease. But a City Hall spokeswoman says health officials don't believe the Rikers Island inmate's case is connected to a larger outbreak in the Bronx.
- 3 Legionnaires' disease cases reported in Rockland Updated: Aug-11-15 6:32 am
ORANGEBURG, New York - Three cases of Legionnaires' disease have been diagnosed in New York's Rockland County since July 1.
- Nonprofit fills empty spaces in NYC with art exhibitions Updated: Aug-11-15 1:47 am
NEW YORK - No Longer Empty is a nonprofit arts group that seeks out empty and underutilized spaces for art installations throughout New York City. But it does more than transform empty storefronts into temporary exhibition space. All its projects relate to the building's history and its neighborhood.
- Vehicle lands partly submerged in the Bronx River Updated: Aug-10-15 9:25 am
YONKERS, New York - A driver has been rescued after a parkway crash left a vehicle partly submerged in the Bronx River.
- NC State-Arizona State, LSU-Marquette in Legends Classic Updated: Aug-07-15 7:24 pm
NEW YORK - North Carolina State will meet Arizona State and LSU will face Marquette in the semifinals of the ninth annual Legends at Barclays Center.
- Family plans wrongful death lawsuit against NYC Updated: Aug-07-15 9:14 am
NEW YORK - The family of a Bronx man who killed himself after spending three years in prison before charges against him were dropped plans to sue the city for $20 million.
- Plans for an 'Archie' musical in the works led by Adam McKay Updated: Aug-05-15 12:08 pm
NEW YORK - A familiar, freckle-faced teen is on his way to the stage - Archie.