- Number of homeless students rising in Williston Updated: Mar-12-14 9:40 am
- Juco hoops star in North Dakota commits to Iowa Updated: Mar-10-14 12:32 pm
- Williston groups to host meeting on housing laws Updated: Mar-08-14 1:32 pm
- Williston judge won't dismiss manslaughter charge Updated: Mar-07-14 12:32 pm
- Regional jail discussed in northwest North Dakota Updated: Mar-07-14 8:17 am
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 pm
- ND crash kills man, causes saltwater spill Updated: Mar-06-14 1:04 pm
- Williston cases back up due to courtroom crunch Updated: Mar-06-14 8:34 am
- Cost of worker housing subsidies plagues Williston Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- Murder trial moved from Williston to Grand Forks Updated: Feb-27-14 8:37 am
- Mail carriers in oil patch offered incentives Updated: Feb-26-14 5:02 pm
- Building in oil patch hub Williston booms in Jan. Updated: Feb-26-14 11:35 am
- $1M bonds set in Williston murder conspiracy Updated: Feb-26-14 7:47 am
- Williston service station battles gas drive-offs Updated: Feb-24-14 8:25 am
- Williston State wins 2nd national hockey title Updated: Feb-24-14 7:15 am
- North Dakota home prices soar with oil boom Updated: Feb-20-14 3:58 pm
- Western ND oil patch leaders want more state help Updated: Feb-20-14 9:01 am
- Williston man killed in wreck on icy highway Updated: Feb-18-14 4:34 pm
- Travel alert in effect for northwest North Dakota Updated: Feb-17-14 9:01 am
- Rent in ND city of Williston exceeds NY, LA Updated: Feb-16-14 11:16 am
- Airline boardings continue to increase in ND Updated: Feb-16-14 7:04 am
- Bismarck bans sale of e-cigarettes to minors Updated: Feb-14-14 9:25 am
- Project Heat helping Williston-area homeless Updated: Feb-10-14 8:13 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The number of students in the oil patch hub of Williston who are considered homeless has grown amid the city's population boom.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Williston State College point guard Trey Dickerson plans to play for the University of Iowa the next three years.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Two citizen groups in Williston are hosting a meeting to educate area residents on North Dakota housing laws.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A judge has refused to dismiss a felony manslaughter charge against a Williston man accused in a fatal hit-and-run.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - County officials in northwestern North Dakota are discussing the possibility of building a regional jail to keep up with a growing inmate population.
Minot Daily News, Minot, March 4, 2014
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A rear-end collision in Williams County involving a Ford F-650 work truck and a semitrailer killed a Wyoming man and resulted in a saltwater spill.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A lack of space at the Williams County Courthouse in Williston has led to a huge backlog of cases.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - As the western North Dakota oil patch hub of Williston grows, so does the amount of money the city needs to subsidize housing for city employees.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Michigan man accused of fatally stabbing his friend at an oil field crew camp in North Dakota will stand trial in Grand Forks rather than in Williston.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The U.S. Postal Service will grant pay increases and bonuses to recruit and retain mail carriers in western North Dakota's oil patch, where the region's soaring population has led to overwhelmed workers, long lines at post offices and tardy or undelivered mail.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Williston's construction boom is showing no signs of slowing, as the western North Dakota oil patch city continues to receive requests for construction permits as it works to ease its years-long housing crunch.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Bond has been set at $1 million each for two people accused of plotting a murder in Williston.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Gas drive-offs have become more common in the western North Dakota oil patch hub of Williston as the region's population booms.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The Williston State College hockey team has won a second straight National Junior College Athletic Association championship.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's oil boom isn't just driving up housing prices at the epicenter. Getting a roof overhead is getting more expensive throughout the state, with the average value of a home sold last year topping $200,000 - up more than 20 percent from 2011, a real estate trade group says.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Leaders of communities in the western North Dakota oil patch say they need more state help to deal with the effects of the oil boom.
ARNEGARD, North Dakota - Authorities have released the name of a Williston man killed in a wreck on an icy Highway 85 between Williston and Watford City.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State Transportation Department officials have lifted a no-travel advisory for U.S. Highway 85 between Watford City and Williston, but a travel alert remains in effect for northwestern North Dakota after recent snowfall.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The rapidly growing North Dakota oil patch city of Williston has the highest average rent in the United States, a national study from an apartment renting guide shows.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Passenger boardings at North Dakota's eight commercial airports in January rose more than 9 percent over the year.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Bismarck is the latest city in North Dakota to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors, and Williston is likely not far behind.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Groups including the Salvation Army and several Williston-area churches have organized a program for area homeless people who don't have shelter from this winter's bitter cold.