- O'Rear named city of Brookings airport manager Updated: Oct-10-15 2:15 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Ryan O'Rear has been named the new airport manager for the city of Brookings.
- Landowners near planned Williston airport question future Updated: Oct-08-15 9:06 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Owners of farmland near the preferred site for a new Williston airport are wondering about the future of their properties.
- Watford City police to get bomb training after incident Updated: Oct-02-15 8:25 am
WATFORD CITY, North Dakota - Watford City's Police Department plans additional training for officers after one of them improperly handled a potential explosive, sparking a complaint from a suspect who feels she was endangered.
- Higher education board votes to reduce Williston State fees Updated: Sep-30-15 2:33 pm
DICKINSON, North Dakota - The North Dakota Board of Higher Education has voted to reduce student fees at Williston State College by 50 percent beginning in the spring of 2016.
- Fire damages Williston meat shop; no injuries reported Updated: Sep-30-15 7:15 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Authorities say a fire at a Williston meat shop most likely was accidental.
- Judge reverses transactions, returns assets to elderly man Updated: Sep-27-15 12:37 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A judge has restored a mentally impaired man's assets by reversing transactions that authorities say he was forced into by his niece.
- Man who impersonated FBI agent sentenced to time served Updated: Sep-25-15 12:59 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A convicted con man and military veteran accused of impersonating an FBI agent in the North Dakota oil patch was sentenced Friday to the time he's already spent in prison, during a hearing where he spoke about suffering post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Construction to begin next spring on new Williston airport Updated: Sep-25-15 8:36 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Officials expect to break ground in the spring on a new airport in Williston, after approval and initial funding from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- US 85 bridge near Williston reopens after maintenance work Updated: Sep-23-15 1:03 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The Lewis and Clark Bridge on U.S. Highway 85 south of Williston has reopened after being closed about a day for maintenance.
- Williston mother of 4 children faces child abuse charges Updated: Sep-23-15 8:38 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Williston mother of four is accused of exposing her children to drugs, leaving them in the care of a man who used a kitchen spoon to administer punishment and not getting help for her son's fractured bones.
- Halliburton lays off Williston workers; how many not known Updated: Sep-23-15 7:54 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Houston-based oil field services company Halliburton has laid off some of its workers in the western North Dakota oil patch hub of Williston, though the company isn't providing details.
- US 85 bridge near Williston being closed for maintenance Updated: Sep-22-15 2:25 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The Lewis and Clark Bridge on U.S. Highway 85 south of Williston will be closed for 24 hours for maintenance work.
- Ground broken on new $5.3 million Williston fire station Updated: Sep-21-15 5:54 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Construction of a $5.3 million fire department substation is under way in Williston.
- Williston works to keep rooms at 23 hotel properties full Updated: Sep-20-15 9:50 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Williston more than tripled its number of hotel rooms over the last five years, and now the city's Convention and Visitors Bureau is working to keep them full.
- Texas company buying 4 North Dakota TV stations for $44M Updated: Sep-18-15 2:25 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Texas-based Nexstar Broadcasting Group is buying four CBS-affiliated TV stations in North Dakota from Reiten Television for $44 million, a company official said Friday.
- Williston business plans big expansion of soil stimulator Updated: Sep-13-15 12:35 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Williston business plans to expand its production of a soil stimulator with help from a city grant.
- Williston passes $212M budget, is banking on oil tax money Updated: Sep-12-15 5:05 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The Williston City Commission this week passed a $212 million budget for 2016 - about $65 million more than the city expects to bring in next year in revenue.