- Jury ponders ex-pitcher's police brutality suit Updated: Apr-22-14 10:43 pm
- Hundreds on hand as Ike-damaged church reopens Updated: Apr-21-14 7:59 am
- Crews to assess damage to rig struck by large wave Updated: Apr-16-14 9:52 am
- Runner dies after collapsing in Galveston race Updated: Apr-15-14 11:43 am
- Ex-Astros pitcher says police beating ended career Updated: Apr-02-14 5:02 pm
- Man gets 20 years in 1984 Galveston County slaying Updated: Apr-01-14 8:13 am
- Oil spill damage to loons still unknown Updated: Mar-28-14 5:05 am
- Full ferry service resumes after Texas oil spill Updated: Mar-26-14 12:45 pm
- Suspect in 2001 Galveston slaying caught in Mexico Updated: Mar-26-14 7:04 am
HOUSTON - A jury has begun deliberating a former Houston Astros pitcher's multimillion-dollar brutality lawsuit against Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
GALVESTON, Texas - Hundreds of worshippers have attended Easter services at a restored Roman Catholic church in Galveston that had been closed since 2008's Hurricane Ike.
GALVESTON, Texas - The owner of an offshore drilling rig is waiting for weather off the Texas coast to improve to assess damage to the rig after it was struck by a large storm wave.
GALVESTON, Texas - A woman has died after collapsing at the finish line of a half marathon in downtown Galveston over the weekend.
HOUSTON - A former Houston Astros pitcher is seeking damages of up to $15 million for injuries he says were caused by Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
GALVESTON, Texas - A Southeast Texas man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the 1984 slaying of a woman in Galveston County.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota wildlife officials are concerned about effects of the recent oil spill in Galveston, Texas on loons and other migratory birds that will soon fly to Minnesota and other Midwestern states.
TEXAS CITY, Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation says full ferry service has resumed between Galveston and Bolivar (BAH'-lee-vur) Peninsula after a weekend oil spilled closed the Houston Ship Channel.
GALVESTON, Texas - A suspect in a 2001 slaying in Southeast Texas who was captured in Mexico has been returned to Galveston.