- Galveston bar called Hemingway's can't use author's name Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
GALVESTON, Texas - The owner of a year-old Galveston Seawall beach bar called Hemingway's has to come up with a new name for his place after attorneys for the holders of the Ernest Hemingway trademark demanded a licensing fee if he wanted to continue using the famous author's name.
- Barges collide near entrance to Houston Ship Channel Updated: Jul-20-15 11:17 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The U.S. Coast Guard says officials don't believe any significant amount of a flammable petroleum product was spilled after barges collided near the entrance to the Houston Ship Channel.
- Threat of smaller catch looms as Texas shrimp season begins Updated: Jul-20-15 12:38 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Capt. Juan Ortiz and his mate, Frank Gonzales, scooped Friday's shrimp catch from the culling box into large plastic bins at the RK Seafood docks in San Leon.
- Record rains could affect shrimp, oyster harvesting in Texas Updated: Jul-14-15 5:13 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A surge of freshwater runoff brought on by heavy spring rains could cause problems for Galveston Bay shrimp and oyster harvesters this season, according to new predictions from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- 4 Port of Galveston dock workers hurt when crane breaks Updated: Jul-09-15 12:04 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Officials say four dock workers at the Port of Galveston have been hurt when a ship's crane broke while unloading a 60-ton section of a wind tower.
- Galveston city official wants oversight on helicopter rides Updated: Jul-08-15 3:17 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A Galveston city leader wants more oversight of a parks board that approved helicopter rides from a beach near some condominiums.