- University of Texas System regents to consider tuition hike Updated: Feb-11-16 10:28 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Students attending University of Texas System schools could be paying more for an education.
- School bus driver in Galveston gets nearly 42 years for porn Updated: Feb-09-16 8:10 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A Southeast Texas school bus driver who went by "Mr. Happy" on an adult website must serve nearly 42 years in prison in a child pornography case.
- Critics dispute plans to change Rollover Pass near Galveston Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A coalition led by owners of property that includes Rollover Pass and land on either side of the man-made channel connecting East Galveston Bay to the Gulf of Mexico says it is prepared to fight a last-ditch legal battle to prevent the state from closing and filling what has been a hugely popular public fishing site and the focus of environmental, economic and public safety concerns since it was created more than 60 years ago.
- Texas jury orders maximum 99 years in toddler sex assault Updated: Jan-28-16 8:50 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A Southeast Texas man must serve the maximum 99 years in prison for sexual assault of a toddler in a cellphone-recorded attack.
- Emergency response shelter planned for Bolivar Peninsula Updated: Jan-26-16 11:42 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Galveston County commissioners have approved final plans for a $4.2 million hurricane emergency response shelter on the highest spot on Bolivar (BAHL'-uh-vur) Peninsula.
- Registered sex offender from Galveston gets life in prison Updated: Jan-21-16 7:55 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - A registered sex offender from Galveston who molested children and distributed the provocative images from his home has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Greyhounds gone, future uncertain for last Texas dog track Updated: Jan-17-16 4:31 pm
LA MARQUE, Texas - The last Texas dog racing track to hold regular live races no longer has any dogs.
- Houston-area man gets 9th drunken driving conviction Updated: Jan-17-16 10:29 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A 51-year-old Houston-area man is headed to prison with a nine-year term after being convicted of drunken driving for the ninth time.
- 2 face drug counts after fireworks found at Texas apartment Updated: Jan-16-16 11:07 am
LA MARQUE, Texas - Police closed off several blocks as a precaution after finding commercial-grade fireworks in a Southeast Texas apartment while serving a narcotics warrant.