- Medical school in Galveston to mark 125th anniversary Updated: Oct-07-15 7:57 am
GALVESTON, Texas - The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston has kicked off a yearlong celebration leading up to its 125th anniversary, which will be marked next year.
- Shark bites West Texas teen's foot at a Galveston beach Updated: Oct-05-15 7:21 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A 13-year-old West Texas boy has been hospitalized after a shark bit him in the back of his foot while he was wading along a Galveston beach.
- Prosecutors considering trying teen as adult in mom's death Updated: Oct-03-15 12:42 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Prosecutors say a 14-year-old boy accused of strangling and stabbing his pregnant mother more than 20 times at the home they shared south of Houston will more than likely be certified to stand trial as an adult.
- About 8K volunteers clean Texas beaches, red tide issues Updated: Sep-26-15 2:29 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - An estimated 8,000 volunteers removed trash from 21 Texas beaches on Saturday in a cleanup effort that had to be scaled back due to a "red tide" algae bloom, a state official said.
- Presley the harbor seal dies at Moody Gardens in Galveston Updated: Sep-26-15 12:16 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Experts say a female harbor seal named Presley has died at Moody Gardens in Galveston.
- Galveston taking down homes damaged from Hurricane Ike Updated: Sep-20-15 10:59 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Galveston is moving on from repairing and rebuilding homes damaged from Hurricane Ike to demolishing homes left dilapidated by the storm that devastated the Texas coastal island seven years ago this month.
- 4 rescued from burning boat off Galveston, nobody hurt Updated: Sep-20-15 9:25 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Authorities say four people have been safely rescued from a pleasure boat that burned and sank off the Texas coast.
- Rescuers release 6 rehabilitated turtles into Gulf of Mexico Updated: Sep-17-15 2:36 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A loggerhead turtle with a hook in her throat dwindled to 70 pounds before weeks of care and her eventual return to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Galveston police chief on paid leave amid employment issue Updated: Sep-17-15 10:48 am
GALVESTON, Texas - The police chief in Galveston has been suspended with pay amid an employment-related investigation.
- Woman found dead on Galveston beach identified Updated: Sep-17-15 4:15 am
GALVESTON, Texas - Authorities have identified a woman whose body was found on a Galveston beach.
- Galveston County deputy fired in inmate sex investigation Updated: Sep-15-15 8:14 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A Southeast Texas sheriff's deputy has been fired after being accused of having sex with a female inmate.
- Galveston in homestretch on Hurricane Ike recovery projects Updated: Sep-13-15 1:29 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Seven years after Hurricane Ike, Galveston is in the homestretch of completing its federally funded recovery projects, though city officials say it will still be years until they are all finished.
- Hundreds of invasive lionfish removed from Gulf of Mexico Updated: Sep-10-15 4:11 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Marine experts and trained volunteers have removed hundreds of lionfish from a section of the Gulf of Mexico near Texas in a continuing effort to control the invasive population.