- Attorney: Prince arranged to meet addiction doctor Updated: May-04-16 9:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his final weeks, Prince hid signs of trouble from his fans, stonewalling reports of an overdose that required an emergency plane landing and making a brief public appearance to reassure them. But privately, the superstar was in crisis, seeking help from a prominent addiction expert that ultimately came too late.
- The Latest: Feds, including DEA, join Prince investigation Updated: May-04-16 3:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on the death of music superstar Prince (all times local):
- 911 calls to Prince estate ranged from mundane to serious Updated: May-03-16 7:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities and emergency responders were called to Prince's suburban Minneapolis home over the last five years for everything from mundane reports of tripped fire alarms to more serious medical calls, a log released Tuesday shows.
- Rich newspaper owners: Industry savior or foe? Updated: May-03-16 2:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake Tribune's pending sale to the wealthy Huntsman family unshackles the newspaper from cost-cutting corporate owners and resolves crippling financial uncertainty, but it also raises concerns about whether the influential family will meddle in the paper's coverage.
- Bassist: Prince found 'real happiness' as Jehovah's Witness Updated: May-03-16 10:22 am
MINNETONKA, Minnesota - Music megastar Prince was known for throwing parties that stretched into the wee hours of the morning, but his faith and the Bible could also keep him gabbing until sunrise, according to his longtime friend and "spiritual brother," bassist Larry Graham.
- Minneapolis chef wins Midwest James Beard award Updated: May-03-16 7:46 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis restaurateur has won the prestigious James Beard award for best Midwestern chef.
- Prince siblings in probate court in 1st hearing on estate Updated: May-02-16 1:11 pm
CHASKA, Minnesota - Five of Prince's six surviving siblings appeared in court Monday for the first hearing to start sorting out an estate certain to be worth millions, a task complicated because the star musician isn't known to have left a will.
- Hundreds gather in south Minneapolis to celebrate Prince Updated: May-01-16 11:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of people gathered in south Minneapolis to celebrate the life and music of Prince.
- Longtime chef: Prince fought throat, stomach pains recently Updated: May-01-16 11:12 am
MINNEAPOLIS - On stage, Prince was still captivating audiences at recent performances in Australia and California. He hosted a pop-up party at his Paisley Park studio, and there were few outward signs in his final months that anything was wrong.
- University of Minnesota again bumps traveling drum show Updated: Apr-30-16 3:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A traveling drum and bugle corps has been bumped from TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota for the second time in two years.
- Twins games at Target Field to be staffed by local workers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:04 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Target Field will be staffed by local workers starting this weekend instead of people being brought in from out of state for Minnesota Twins games.
- Prince death investigation focuses on flight, drugs, doctor Updated: Apr-29-16 3:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities are investigating whether Prince died from an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing drugs for the musician in the weeks before he was found dead at his suburban Minneapolis home. A guide to the latest developments:
- Investigators look at overdose in Prince death Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Investigators are looking into whether Prince died from an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before he was found dead at his home in suburban Minneapolis, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.
- The Latest: Investigators consider overdose in Prince death Updated: Apr-28-16 9:21 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on the investigation into the death of music superstar Prince (all times local):
- TSA manager claims he was told to profile Somali visitors Updated: Apr-28-16 2:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A senior Transportation Security Administration manager at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport has testified that he received pressure to profile Somali imams and community members visiting his office.
- Prince's 1990s band plans tribute concerts in Minneapolis Updated: Apr-27-16 8:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Some core members of Prince's 1990s band the New Power Generation plan tribute concerts in Minneapolis this spring.
- Minnesota man admits lying about Islamic State contact Updated: Apr-27-16 7:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man charged with threatening to "shoot up" a drugstore pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to the FBI about when he last contacted the Islamic State group in a separate case.
- Slow connection to statewide online test for some students Updated: Apr-27-16 6:22 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi students taking an online, statewide assessment have experienced some trouble connecting to the program.
- Boy, 2, apparently drowns in Hennepin County holding pond Updated: Apr-26-16 7:04 pm
CORCORAN, Minnesota - Authorities say a 2-year-old boy apparently drowned in a holding pond in suburban Minneapolis.
- 'He was family': Music star Prince stayed home in Minnesota Updated: Apr-23-16 8:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Bob Dylan left Minnesota, but Prince never did.
- The Latest: Prince to be honored in New Orleans jazz funeral Updated: Apr-23-16 5:43 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on the death of superstar musician Prince (all times local):
- Prince's death raises numerous questions about prior health Updated: Apr-22-16 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince talked dirty in song but had a reputation for clean living. He also had an ability to put on shows that were electrifying in their athleticism.
- Dayton's education chief aims for top Minneapolis job Updated: Apr-22-16 4:47 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton's top education official is in the running to take over Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Prince and sports: Music in blood, basketball in his heart Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince had music in his blood. Basketball was in his heart.
- Birmingham to light City Hall purple as tribute to Prince Updated: Apr-22-16 9:06 am
BIRMINGHAH, Alabama - City officials say they plan to illuminate Birmingham City Hall and surrounding city buildings in purple light as a tribute to Prince.