- Wednesday ends long wait for medical marijuana patients Updated: Jun-30-15 3:56 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Patients and their parents will head into Minnesota's first medical marijuana clinic in Minneapolis at midnight Tuesday, eager to get a potentially promising new medicine as soon as July 1 hits.
- Crowd cheers 'Love wins' at Minneapolis gay pride parade Updated: Jun-28-15 5:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A large and boisterous crowd turned out to celebrate at the annual gay pride parade in Minneapolis on Sunday, two days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriages are legal in all 50 states.
- Medical pot sales to begin in Minnesota, but fight not over Updated: Jun-28-15 12:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - There will be no baggies of pot awaiting patients next week when Minnesota joins 21 other states in offering medical marijuana. No glass pipes, no plants to tend at home. Instead, the nation's latest medical marijuana program is a world of pill bottles and vials of marijuana-infused oil.
- Wild agree to terms on 6-year deal with goalie Devan Dubnyk Updated: Jun-27-15 9:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Wild have been searching for a reliable goalie for years, an issue that almost cost them dearly before Devan Dubnyk arrived to save their season.
- Pastor to Minnesota archdiocese: Release probe details Updated: Jun-27-15 6:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A prominent Catholic pastor has called on the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis to release details of an internal investigation into former Archbishop John Nienstedt.
- Minneapolis residents speak up about police body cameras Updated: Jun-27-15 6:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis residents are sounding off about plans to equip police officers with body cameras.
- Minnesota same-sex marriage pioneer hails high court ruling Updated: Jun-27-15 12:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man who fought for his own same-sex marriage more than 40 years ago is celebrating the landmark Supreme Court ruling that said gay couples can marry anywhere in the country.
- Charges say Minneapolis man was drunk in pedal pub crash Updated: Jun-26-15 7:41 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man is accused of driving drunk, crashing into a pedal pub and seriously injuring several passengers.
- 2 charged in fatal stabbing of woman in Minneapolis Updated: Jun-26-15 7:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prosecutors have charged two people in the fatal stabbing of a woman in downtown Minneapolis.
- In South Dakota, gay marriages quickly commence Updated: Jun-26-15 7:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gay South Dakotans exulted Friday as the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples in America have the constitutional right to marry and county officials across the state began issuing marriage licenses to all.
- Towns and Tyus arrive, Bjelica coming next to Timberwolves Updated: Jun-26-15 6:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Jacqueline Cruz-Towns sat on a bench in the Minnesota Timberwolves' sparkling new practice facility, proudly wearing a Wolves hat on her head and a big smile on her face as she recalled a pre-draft visit her son Karl-Anthony made to Minneapolis last week.
- Study: Hennepin County ignored some child abuse reports Updated: Jun-26-15 8:08 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A national child welfare group says Hennepin County's child protection agency has been ignoring abuse reports to ease its caseload.
- Man seriously injured in 40-foot fall in abandoned mill Updated: Jun-26-15 7:29 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis fire officials say a man suffered serious injuries after falling about 40 feet in an abandoned mill.
- Man gets 18 years for using runaway to promote prostitution Updated: Jun-26-15 4:13 am
MOORHEAD, Minnesota - A man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison after being accused of using a 13-year-old runaway from Minneapolis to promote prostitution in Moorhead.
- Joy in Minnesota after Timberwolves take Towns, Tyus Updated: Jun-26-15 1:27 am
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 8,000 Minnesota Timberwolves fans filed into Target Center on Thursday night, knowing that Karl-Anthony Towns was coming. They hoped Tyus Jones might be sticking around, too.
- Airplane catches fire at Minneapolis-St. Paul airport Updated: Jun-25-15 7:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Officials are investigating why a small plane caught fire at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Savers stores agree to changes after sued by Minnesota AG Updated: Jun-25-15 12:13 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Savers thrift store chain has agreed to improve transparency and will not solicit non-clothing donations without compensating charities as part of a settlement with Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson.
- Woman dead after stabbing at Minneapolis ramp Updated: Jun-25-15 9:49 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A woman is dead after a stabbing at a parking ramp near Target Center and Target Field in Minneapolis.
- Gopher hockey team announces nonconference schedule Updated: Jun-23-15 8:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Gophers have announced their 15-game nonconference schedule for men's hockey.
- Rapper Lil Wayne skips show over security screening Updated: Jun-23-15 11:55 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis nightclub says rapper Lil Wayne refused to perform a scheduled show after members of his entourage weren't allowed in the club.
- After SC shooting, activists ask to rename Lake Calhoun Updated: Jun-23-15 10:30 am
MINNEAPOLIS - In the wake of deadly shootings in Charleston, South Carolina, some activists are trying to change the name of Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis.
- Woman plunges onto I-35W at Minneapolis Updated: Jun-23-15 10:29 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A portion of Interstate 35W near downtown Minneapolis was closed after officials said a woman jumped to her death during the Tuesday morning commute.
- Man charged in Minneapolis shooting that wounded mom, child Updated: Jun-22-15 4:49 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A 24-year-old Minneapolis man is charged in a gang-related shooting that wounded a mother and her young daughter who were not the intended targets.
- Minneapolis church memorializes 9 killed in Charleston Updated: Jun-22-15 3:23 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Worshippers at an African Methodist Episcopal Church in Minneapolis have gathered at a Sunday service to memorialize the nine people killed in a shooting last week at a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina.
- St. Paul airman's remains come home after 46 years Updated: Jun-21-15 5:55 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The remains of a St. Paul airman have been returned to Minnesota, 46 years after his EC-47 aircraft plunged into a Laotian jungle during the Vietnam War.