- Minnesota news in brief at 9:55 p.m. CDT Updated: May-03-15 10:58 pm
St. Paul teacher named Minnesota's Teacher of the Year
- Teen charged in girlfriend's shooting death in Minneapolis Updated: May-03-15 12:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prosecutors plan to bring a 17-year-old arrested in Missouri back to Minnesota to face charges that he fatally shot his girlfriend last month.
- May Day demonstrators clash with police in Pacific Northwest Updated: May-02-15 1:44 am
SEATTLE - Demonstrators clashed with police in two cities in the Pacific Northwest late Friday, with marchers throwing rocks and chairs at officers as the evening gatherings spiraled into mayhem.
- Some Muslim groups concerned about terror prevention program Updated: May-01-15 7:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - About 40 Muslim groups in Minnesota are voicing concern about a federal program designed to fight terror recruiting, according to a statement sent out Friday by the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
- Macy's pulls plug on Glamorama Updated: May-01-15 6:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Macy's has canceled Glamorama, the biggest and longest-running high-fashion event in Minneapolis.
- Hundreds rally in Minneapolis over mall arrests, Baltimore Updated: May-01-15 5:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of people, including many high school students who walked out of school, rallied Friday in support of protesters arrested in December at the Mall of America.
- Head of famous Minnesota theater to depart after 2 decades Updated: Apr-30-15 7:23 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - To see the legacy Joe Dowling is leaving after 20 years as artistic director of one of the nation's premier regional theaters, look no further than the Mississippi River.
- Mother of slain boy, 10, thanks Minnesotans for concern Updated: Apr-30-15 7:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The birth mother of a slain 10-year-old boy whose body was found in the Mississippi River nearly a month after he disappeared thanked Minnesotans on Thursday for their concern about her son's case.
- GOP senators grill commissioner over MNsure, nonprofit woes Updated: Apr-30-15 5:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Senate Republicans put pressure on one of Gov. Mark Dayton's commissioners Thursday, arguing his handling of MNsure and an embattled Minneapolis nonprofit make him unfit for a second term.
- Group to open Minnesota's only tool-sharing library Updated: Apr-30-15 11:26 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A new kind of library is coming to Minneapolis that lets members borrow tools such as hedge trimmers and power saws.
- Minneapolis march, rally shows support for Baltimore Updated: Apr-29-15 9:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of protesters have demonstrated in Minneapolis in solidarity with Baltimore residents after the death of a black man critically injured while in police custody.
- Supersized tax cut plan passes House, but much in its way Updated: Apr-29-15 9:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - In a debate that took them from a lake town pie shop to the moon, Minnesota House lawmakers dueled Wednesday over who would gain most from a Republican-written tax plan that aims for more than $2 billion in breaks soon and double that down the road.
- Man ordered held after alleged threats in Islamic State case Updated: Apr-29-15 7:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man was ordered detained Wednesday after authorities say he got angry and used his Twitter account to threaten law enforcement officers after some of his close friends were arrested for allegedly trying to join the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Vikings, iHeartMedia Minneapolis sign multi-year extension Updated: Apr-29-15 3:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings and iHeartMedia Minneapolis have signed a five-year contract extension.
- Guthrie announces 1st season under new artistic director Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Guthrie Theater will feature Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird," the Marx Brothers romp "The Cocoanuts," and Rodgers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific" in its first season in 20 years under a new artistic director, the theater announced Wednesday.
- Fallout from dance competition snub continues Updated: Apr-29-15 7:44 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Three more Minnesota high schools are without dance team coaches following a public protest at a state competition.
- Buffalo Wild Wings skids following 1Q results Updated: Apr-28-15 5:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. reported disappointing first-quarter results Tuesday, sending the restaurant chain's shares lower in aftermarket trading.
- Somali community center being developed in Minneapolis Updated: Apr-28-15 4:41 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Somali organization has signed an agreement to purchase a 24,000-square-foot-building for a future Somali community center in Minneapolis.
- Wrestling legend Verne Gagne dies at age 89 Updated: Apr-28-15 4:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Verne Gagne, one of professional wrestling's most celebrated performers and promoters, has died. He was 89.
- Sendoff for a restaurant? Twins to say so long to Nye's Updated: Apr-28-15 2:08 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A beloved Minneapolis restaurant will get a special sendoff from the Minnesota Twins.
- Minnesota soldier surprises his children at school Updated: Apr-27-15 4:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minnesota soldier who has been overseas for nearly a year has surprised his children at their school.
- US citizen wants pardon, compensation in Dubai video case Updated: Apr-27-15 1:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An American who spent nine months in a United Arab Emirates prison for his role in an online parody video is seeking a pardon and financial compensation.
- Suspect shot by police at airport out of the hospital Updated: Apr-27-15 8:02 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A suspect shot by police at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is in custody on possible charges of aggravated assault following his release from the hospital.
- Garber: MLS plan in 6 months to expand beyond 24 teams Updated: Apr-24-15 3:59 pm
NEW YORK - Having committed to reach 24 teams by the end of the decade, Major League Soccer intends to develop additional expansion plans within six months.
- Paul Granlund sculpture stolen from Minnesota Arboretum Updated: Apr-23-15 8:07 pm
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Officials are looking for a "priceless" sculpture stolen from the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chanhassen.