- Judge nixes bail for Minnesotan accused of trying to join IS Updated: May-22-15 7:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge on Friday ordered a Minnesota man held without bail after he was accused of trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group.
- Prosecutors: Minnesota men who tried to join IS made threats Updated: May-22-15 12:22 am
MINNEAPOLIS - One Minnesota man accused of trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group told an informant he'd kill FBI agents if they tried to stop him, while another told friends he'd "spit on America" at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a document filed Thursday by prosecutors.
- Indicted police officer arraigned in federal court Updated: May-21-15 2:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis police officer has pleaded not guilty in federal court to charges of perjury, falsifying records and civil rights violations by using excessive force.
- Minnesota attorney general sues Savers over charity claims Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota attorney general has filed a lawsuit against the Savers thrift store chain, claiming it's misleading people who donate clothing and household items about how much their donations benefit charities.
- Police: Man rams car, climbs onto roof while avoiding arrest Updated: May-21-15 2:28 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Police say a man trying to avoid arrest rammed into a patrol car and broke into a Minneapolis home before being coaxed down from the roof hours later.
- Facing child support, Minneapolis man joins the jihad Updated: May-20-15 9:17 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Abdifatah Ahmed struggled for years to make ends meet.
- Remains found in NE Minn. matched to Minneapolis woman Updated: May-20-15 2:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities say human remains found in state park in northeastern Minnesota are that of a Minneapolis woman who disappeared 30 years ago.
- Target Field gets even greener Updated: May-20-15 11:19 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Target Field is taking another step to minimize fan-generated trash.
- Second defendant convicted in death of Brooklyn Center man Updated: May-19-15 11:39 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A second defendant has been convicted in the shooting death of a Brooklyn Center man whose body was discovered in a burning trash bin.
- Airport commission approves minimum wage of $10 an hour Updated: May-18-15 8:56 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota - The commission that oversees the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport has approved a plan to raise airport wages to at least $10 an hour.
- Minneapolis police investigate 2 homicides Updated: May-17-15 5:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis police are investigating a fatal shooting and a fatal stabbing.
- Minneapolis museum unveils Raphael painting of Madonna Updated: May-17-15 4:07 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis Institute of Arts has unveiled its latest piece of mystery art: a $50 million painting done over 500 years ago.
- For first time in years, major US orchestra performs in Cuba Updated: May-15-15 9:39 pm
HAVANA - The Minnesota Orchestra played to a sold-out house Friday night in the first performance in Cuba by a full professional U.S. orchestra since 1999, coming just months after the two Cold War rivals announced a thaw in relations.
- Chief orders investigation into police response to protest Updated: May-14-15 11:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis police are investigating the response by officers to a downtown demonstration over a police shooting in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Minnesota Orchestra makes historic trip to Cuba Updated: May-13-15 11:00 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Members of the Minnesota Orchestra are on their way to Cuba - making a historic trip with political implications.
- Twin Cities housing market sees spike in sales in April Updated: May-13-15 5:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - An industry group says April was the best month for the housing market in the Twin Cities area in nearly 10 years.
- Northeast Minnesota county bans e-cigarette use in public Updated: May-13-15 3:20 am
DULUTH, Minnesota - A county in northeastern Minnesota has voted to ban the use of electronic cigarettes in public places.
- Former officer to be resentenced for luring girls Updated: May-12-15 7:40 am
ANOKA, Minnesota - A former Minneapolis police officer will be resentenced for luring young girls into sexual encounters.
- Official: Police cleared in shooting man who drove at them Updated: May-12-15 3:35 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport official says three officers have been cleared in the shooting of a man accused of trying to run them down with a car last month.
- Escaped inmate is captured in Minnesota Updated: May-09-15 4:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The third inmate who walked away from a corrections boot camp in western Wisconsin has been captured in Minnesota.
- Trip to Cuba represents Minnesota Orchestra's revival Updated: May-09-15 1:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When the Minnesota Orchestra plays in Cuba this week, the visit will not only symbolize the reopening of relations between the United States and the communist nation, but also healing for an acclaimed ensemble that was "almost destroyed" by a long and bitter lockout.
- Officer on leave amid inquiry into threats against suspect Updated: May-06-15 4:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis police officer has been put on paid leave while the department investigates a video in which he can be heard threatening to break a suspect's legs.
- Police: Fatal shooting of teen apparently accidental Updated: May-06-15 8:02 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Police say the shooting death of a 15-year-old boy in Minneapolis was apparently an accident.
- Warrant issued for former Gophers basketball player McNeil Updated: May-05-15 8:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An arrest warrant has been issued for former Minnesota basketball player Daquein McNeil after he failed to appear in court on assault charges.
- Minnesota news in brief at 9:55 p.m. CDT Updated: May-03-15 10:58 pm
St. Paul teacher named Minnesota's Teacher of the Year