- Walker Art Center to hold Todd Haynes film retrospective Updated: Oct-10-15 5:01 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Walker Art Center honors director Todd Haynes with a retrospective next month.
- Board of Regents approve $166 million Athletes Village Updated: Oct-09-15 3:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota plans to break ground next month on its $166 million Athletes Village, which will include updated practice and training facilities for football and basketball teams that officials say are necessary to keep the school competitive in the Big Ten.
- Court had ordered accused rapist into psychiatric care Updated: Oct-09-15 7:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Court records show a Minneapolis man accused of raping a 10-year-old girl has a history of mental illness.
- Funeral services set for 3 children killed in house fire Updated: Oct-08-15 7:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Funeral services have been set for three children killed in a Minneapolis house fire.
- Court document: State senator owes for nonprofit expenses Updated: Oct-08-15 6:19 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Travel expense claims submitted by a Democratic state senator and his wife were called "improper" Thursday by a court-appointed receiver examining the finances of a Minneapolis nonprofit group that was shut down last year.
- 3 cops sue Minneapolis after names revealed Updated: Oct-08-15 5:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Three undercover Minneapolis police officers whose names were made public after prostitution busts at massage parlors are suing the city, county and state.
- Temporary reroute brings more oil trains through Minneapolis Updated: Oct-07-15 10:37 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A growing number of trains that each carry at least 1 million gallons of oil from North Dakota have been entering the Twin Cities via the western suburbs on a route that sends them and their hazardous cargo through downtown Minneapolis.
- 8 years in prison for fatal drunken driving crash Updated: Oct-07-15 7:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A man accused of driving drunk at a high rate of speed and causing a crash that killed two people in Minneapolis is sentenced to eight years in prison.
- Minnesota DNR sharply cuts grants for fighting aquatic weeds Updated: Oct-05-15 10:37 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is sharply cutting the money it gives cities and lake groups to tackle aquatic invasive species such as Eurasian watermilfoil.
- Meet the man behind Black Lives Matter St. Paul Updated: Oct-03-15 1:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Rashad Turner doesn't want your sympathy. He doesn't want to be your friend. He doesn't care if you like him. Turner says black Minnesota deserves more than it gets, and he's going to change that by getting in the way every chance he can.
- Playwrights' Center hosts new plays festival in Minneapolis Updated: Oct-03-15 5:06 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Playwrights' Center in Minneapolis will feature new plays at the 32nd annual PlayLabs festival this month.
- Xcel Energy plans to retire 2 of 3 coal-fired Sherco units Updated: Oct-02-15 7:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Xcel Energy announced plans Friday to retire two of the three units at its huge Sherco coal-fired power plant in Becker, the largest power plant in Minnesota, as part of a strategy to cut its carbon emissions 60 percent by 2030.
- Minnesotan changes plea to guilty in Islamic State case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minnesota man admitted Friday that he was threatening U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch when he fired off an angry tweet after federal prosecutors charged six men with conspiring to join the Islamic State group.
- Woman fatally stabbed, man in custody Updated: Oct-02-15 7:49 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Police say a man is in custody for fatally stabbing a woman in Minneapolis.
- Trial of indicted Minneapolis nonprofit head moved to 2016 Updated: Oct-01-15 3:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The federal fraud trial for a former Minneapolis nonprofit leader has been postponed until April.
- Dalai Lama blesses followers after release from clinic Updated: Sep-30-15 5:11 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - The Dalai Lama greeted dozens of followers who waited outside a civic center in Minnesota on Wednesday for a chance to see the Tibetan spiritual leader after his recent release from the Mayo Clinic.
- 4 arrested in theft investigation at Minnesota day cares Updated: Sep-29-15 8:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Three Minneapolis day care centers that primarily serve poor children are charged with billing the state for more children than they serve, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Charge: Woman vandalized sign of US dentist who killed lion Updated: Sep-29-15 6:39 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota - A woman has been charged with vandalizing the office sign of the Minnesota dentist who killed Cecil the lion.
- Crash of Redskins team buses to cost Minneapolis $237K Updated: Sep-29-15 5:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A crash last November involving buses carrying the Washington Redskins on their way to play the Minnesota Vikings will cost the city of Minneapolis more than $237,000.
- Minnesota businesses join fight against extremist recruiting Updated: Sep-29-15 10:47 am
MINNEAPOLIS - At dinners with imams, meetings with youth and even large community forums, Minnesota's U.S. attorney kept asking members of the state's Somali community the same question: What could he do to stop terrorist recruiting that had already lured dozens of young men and women overseas?
- Garnett returns to help Wolves, Mitchell while Flip is away Updated: Sep-28-15 5:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Flip Saunders brought Kevin Garnett back home to help turn a young, impressionable Minnesota Timberwolves roster into a group that can pull the franchise out of a decade of futility.
- Minneapolis man charged with killing wife, her daughter Updated: Sep-28-15 4:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis man is charged with fatally shooting his wife and her 15-year-old daughter last Friday.
- Team captains begin countdown to Ryder Cup Updated: Sep-28-15 3:10 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The battle for the Ryder Cup began Monday with a friendly exchange between rival captains in a Minneapolis skyscraper a half-hour away from the suburban course where the 17-inch trophy will be awarded this time next year.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Regulators drop boating rule legal fight for Minnetonka Updated: Sep-25-15 11:56 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The group that regulates use of the Twin Cities' largest lake is reviewing and revising a rule for the popular body of water.