- Tennessee deputies fatally shoot armed man after chase Updated: Aug-27-15 10:01 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Police in Chattanooga are investigating a fatal shooting by Hamilton County deputies.
- Jail to use new digital tracking system to monitor inmates Updated: Aug-26-15 8:10 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The Hamilton County Jail will begin using a new digital tracking system to monitor inmates, how often jail staff check on them and what inmates are doing during those checks.
- Chattanooga has high hopes of returning to FCS playoffs Updated: Aug-20-15 1:08 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga is setting its sights even higher after producing one of its best seasons in school history last year,
- Man who police say stole drugs from hospitals arrested again Updated: Aug-20-15 10:55 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A former Hamilton County corrections officer, who authorities say posed as a surgeon to steal narcotics from Chattanooga's three major downtown hospitals, has been arrested again.
- US women beat Costa Rica 7-2 in rainy exhibition Updated: Aug-19-15 11:59 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Not even a thunderstorm could slow down the United States in the latest chapter of its Women's World Cup victory tour.
- Lightning delays US women's exhibition with Costa Rica Updated: Aug-19-15 8:56 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Lightning delayed the U.S. women's soccer team's exhibition game against Costa Rica for nearly 90 minutes Wednesday night.
- US team honors Chattanooga victims before exhibition game Updated: Aug-19-15 7:51 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The United States' Women's World Cup-winning soccer team honored victims of last month's attacks of two military facilities in Chattanooga before an exhibition match against Costa Rica on Wednesday night.
- Kentucky man waives extradition in deaths of 6 in Tennessee Updated: Aug-19-15 2:53 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Kentucky truck driver has waived extradition to Tennessee, where he faces six counts of vehicular homicide following a crash this summer near Chattanooga.
- Chattanooga women to host defending national champion UConn Updated: Aug-18-15 1:18 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga will host defending national champion Connecticut on Nov. 30 as part of its 2015-16 women's basketball schedule.
- Man who climbed Brooklyn Bridge, took selfie is arrested Updated: Aug-18-15 11:19 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Tennessee man who police say illegally climbed the Brooklyn Bridge and took a selfie while perched on a railing has been arrested.
- Company plans to invest $22.5M in air maintenance facility Updated: Aug-17-15 1:11 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - An aviation company has announced plans to invest $22.5 million into an air maintenance facility at the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport.
- Biden calls Chattanooga shooter a 'perverted jihadist' Updated: Aug-15-15 5:35 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Vice President Joe Biden on Saturday called the slaying of four Marines and a sailor at a Chattanooga reserve center the act of a "perverted jihadist."
- Head of UAW rival at Tenn. Volkswagen plant steps down Updated: Aug-14-15 6:43 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The head of a rival to the United Auto Workers union at the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga has stepped down.
- Firefighter helps rescue infant from apartment blaze Updated: Aug-14-15 9:53 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Chattanooga firefighter has helped rescue an infant from the third floor of a blazing apartment building.
- Biden to attend memorial service for shooting victims Updated: Aug-12-15 10:42 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Vice President Joe Biden will attend an upcoming ceremony in remembrance of four Marines and a sailor who were killed in attacks at two military facilities in Chattanooga.
- Man says Hamilton County sheriff's deputies assaulted him Updated: Aug-12-15 6:44 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A 23-year-old man has accused Hamilton County sheriff's deputies of assaulting him multiple times while he was handcuffed.
- Cruz making 5 stops in Tennessee on weeklong tour of South Updated: Aug-10-15 7:18 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Tennessee Republicans have a history of bucking establishment presidential candidates, which could explain why tea party favorite Ted Cruz is making five stops in the state this week.
- Truck driver wanted in deadly crash arrested in Kentucky Updated: Aug-08-15 12:05 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Police in Kentucky have arrested a truck driver accused of causing a multi-vehicle crash that killed six people at a construction zone near Chattanooga.
- 2 men sentenced to prison for illegal excavations Updated: Aug-05-15 12:49 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - U.S. Attorney William C. Killian says two Tennessee men have been sentenced to prison after pleading guilty to illegally excavating Civil War artifacts on public lands.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Aug-05-15 12:25 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Driver charged with 6 counts of vehicular homicide in crash Updated: Aug-04-15 11:02 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The truck driver who authorities say caused a highway crash outside Chattanooga in June, killing six, has been charged with vehicular homicide.
- Rail terminal in NW Ga. to link industry to Savannah port Updated: Aug-01-15 11:56 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Banking on demand from local carpet manufacturers as well as automakers in neighboring states, the Georgia Ports Authority is building a $24 million inland terminal that will move cargo by railroad between industries north of Atlanta and the Port of Savannah about 300 miles away.
- Judge orders trial on who owns Chattanooga electric utility Updated: Jul-31-15 4:05 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A judge is ordering a trial to be held to decide whether Chattanooga's electric utility is owned by the city or operates as a separate body.
- Defense secretary calls for review of security policies Updated: Jul-30-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of Defense Ash Carter has reminded the military service chiefs that Defense Department policy does allow some military personnel to be armed while working at recruiting centers and ROTC offices.