- Rapid City Council ponders required soil tests for new homes Updated: Jul-26-15 12:13 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Contractors building homes in Rapid City could soon be required to test soil conditions at building sites after homeowners complained of severe damage caused by expansive soils.
- Educators reach tentative contract agreement in Rapid City Updated: Jul-24-15 1:40 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Educators and the school board in Rapid City have reached a tentative agreement for a new contract for teachers in the upcoming school year.
- SD man accused of sexually abusing woman on rez indicted Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A South Dakota man who federal authorities accuse of sexually abusing a woman three times on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has been indicted.
- Trial of man accused of harassing Native Americans ends Updated: Jul-23-15 4:40 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The trial of a South Dakota man accused of harassing American Indian children with racial slurs and spilling beer on them at a hockey game ended Thursday but a judge said he won't issue a decision for several weeks.
- Trial begins of man accused of harassing Indian kids Updated: Jul-22-15 8:04 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Native Americans and activists packed into a theater doubling as a courtroom on Wednesday in part to protest what they view as lenient treatment of a South Dakota man accused of harassing American Indian children with racial slurs and spilling beer on them at a hockey game.
- Rapid City robber locks clerk in storage area before fleeing Updated: Jul-21-15 6:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Police are investigating a weekend armed robbery in Rapid City in which a convenience store clerk was locked in a storage area.
- Federal jury finds Pine Ridge man guilty of child abuse Updated: Jul-21-15 2:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A federal jury has convicted a Pine Ridge man of child abuse and assault charges.
- Bill in the US House would make bison the national mammal Updated: Jul-20-15 4:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A country's national animal is often an iconic image of the country, its people and their way of life.
- Rapid City power plant that opened in 1961 to get taken down Updated: Jul-19-15 10:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Crews will begin deconstructing a coal-fired power plant this summer that has been a part of Rapid City's northwestern skyline since 1961.
- Rapid City woman drowns in creek; alcohol likely a factor Updated: Jul-18-15 5:12 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in Rapid City are investigating the drowning of a woman in Rapid Creek.
- Hot Lotto ticket sold in Rapid City worth $9,000 Updated: Jul-16-15 5:50 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Hot Lotto ticket sold in Rapid City is worth $9,000 in the Wednesday drawing.
- Former Texas college official to lead Western Dakota Tech Updated: Jul-16-15 12:32 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A woman with 25 years of higher education experience in Texas is the new president of Western Dakota Tech in South Dakota.
- Brother of slain Rapid City police officer joins the force Updated: Jul-16-15 10:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - One of the newest members of the Rapid City police force is the brother of an officer who was killed in the line of duty four years ago.
- Summer hail prompts use of snowplows in South Dakota city Updated: Jul-15-15 1:44 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A brief but intense hailstorm that dropped as much as 4 inches of slippery pellets in a South Dakota city prompted officials to call out snowplows in the middle of summer.
- Belle Fourche man killed in Spearfish motorcycle-car crash Updated: Jul-15-15 6:46 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A collision involving a motorcycle and a car at a Spearfish area intersection killed the driver of the motorcycle and injured a passenger.
- Man seriously injured after falling 150 feet in the Badlands Updated: Jul-12-15 11:31 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities in western South Dakota say an Illinois man was seriously injured after falling 150 feet near Sheep Mountain Table at the Badlands National Park.
- 29-year-old man to lead Rapid City's new cultural effort Updated: Jul-11-15 6:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Native American man who in the past five years has overcome jail and problems with alcohol and his mental health will lead the Rapid City Police Department's new effort to increase cultural understanding between law enforcement and the community.
- New South Dakota Highway Patrol office opening in Rapid City Updated: Jul-11-15 10:17 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - State officials will be gathering in Rapid City next week to celebrate the opening of a new district office for the South Dakota Highway Patrol.
- Black Hills to be marketed to China, Germany, United Kingdom Updated: Jul-10-15 7:05 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Officials are planning to market South Dakota's Black Hills region to China, Germany and the United Kingdom.
- Group of legislators calling for special legislative session Updated: Jul-09-15 6:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A group of South Dakota legislators are calling for a special legislative session to address the state's teacher shortage.
- Black Hills Playhouse celebrating 70th anniversary Updated: Jul-09-15 10:34 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - It's been through fires, a threatened closure and some much-needed repairs, but the Black Hills Playhouse keeps on going.
- Judge refuses to lower bond for Rapid City murder suspect Updated: Jul-09-15 7:25 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has refused to lower bond for a man charged in the fatal Memorial Day shooting of his cousin in Rapid City.
- Rapid City man accused of defrauding Social Security Updated: Jul-08-15 10:32 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City man is accused of stealing more than $376,000 in Social Security funds by misrepresenting the level of his disability and outside income.
- Early testimony given in alleged student harassment case Updated: Jul-08-15 10:11 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has taken early testimony in the case of a Philip man accused of subjecting American Indian children to racial slurs and spraying them with beer at a minor league hockey game in Rapid City.
- County commissioner criticized for comments on gay marriage Updated: Jul-08-15 8:55 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Meade County commissioner is facing criticism for posting comments about gay marriage on his county Facebook account.