- Man accused of defrauding science foundation gets probation Updated: May-29-15 4:43 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A western South Dakota man convicted of creating a phony research company to bilk the National Science Foundation out of $100,000 won't have to spend time in prison but has been ordered to repay the money.
- SD man sentenced to life for recruiting others to sell meth Updated: May-29-15 3:01 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A western South Dakota man convicted of recruiting others to distribute methamphetamine in the state has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Judge: Man accused of harassing kids at game won't get jail Updated: May-29-15 8:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has taken the possibility of jail time off the table for a Philip man accused of subjecting American Indian children to racial slurs and spraying them with beer at a minor league hockey game in Rapid City.
- SD Supreme Court sides with panhandler in stop, frisk case Updated: May-28-15 6:18 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court has reversed the conviction of a panhandler who argued a police officer had no reasonable suspicion to stop and frisk him.
- Federal commission asked to review proposed uranium mine Updated: May-28-15 11:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A company that wants to mine uranium in western South Dakota and opponents of the plan have asked the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to review a federal board's mixed decision last month.
- Rapid City man allegedly admitted to killing cousin Updated: May-28-15 8:57 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A suspect in a fatal shooting in Rapid City allegedly told police he fired his gun after being threatened.
- Pennington County gets grant to plan alternatives to jail Updated: May-27-15 8:44 pm
A jail in Pennington County in western South Dakota is one of 20 across the nation selected to receive $150,000 each from a national nonprofit to come up with a plan to reduce the number of people behind bars while awaiting trial or serving short sentences.
- Officials warn of high, fast creek water in Rapid City area Updated: May-27-15 8:31 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in the Rapid City area are warning of high creek levels and fast-moving currents as releases from Pactola Reservoir increase.
- Rapid City woman claims $30,000 third prize in Powerball Updated: May-27-15 6:20 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City woman has claimed a $30,000 Powerball prize.
- Park Service doesn't always profit from sale of public bison Updated: May-26-15 2:17 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Last fall, hundreds of publicly owned bison went to private owners, but there wasn't always an exchange of money.
- Rapid City judge says loss of title not related to lawsuit Updated: May-23-15 2:37 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A state circuit court judge in Rapid City was stripped of his administrative title because of a dispute with the chief justice of the South Dakota Supreme Court and not an ongoing lawsuit in which he's accused of violating the Indian Child Welfare Act, the lower court judge said this week.
- Powerball ticket sold in Rapid City worth $30,000 Updated: May-21-15 12:08 pm
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - A Powerball ticket sold in Rapid City is worth $30,000 in the Wednesday drawing.
- SD Gov. Daugaard appoints new transportation commissioner Updated: May-20-15 2:18 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has appointed a Rapid City man to the state Transportation Commission.
- $1M bond for SD man accused of stabbing roommate to death Updated: May-19-15 4:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A judge has set at $1 million the bond for a western South Dakota man accused of stabbing his roommate to death.
- Minnesota man gives $1M each to South Dakota park, nonprofit Updated: May-18-15 8:58 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A 90-year-old Minnesota man who has donated $1 million each to a state park and a nonprofit in western South Dakota says philanthropy is a way to acknowledge the good fortune he has enjoyed in his lifetime.
- Man arrested in Pennington County fatal stabbing Updated: May-17-15 6:23 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A 21-year-old man has been arrested in the stabbing death of his roommate in Pennington County.
- International scientists converge on School of Mines campus Updated: May-16-15 5:01 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - More than 100 physicists, chemists and other scientists from around the world will converge on Rapid City Monday to discuss dark matter, neutrino physics and many other experiments being conducted at South Dakota's underground laboratory in Lead.
- Negotiations over teacher salaries stall in Rapid City Updated: May-15-15 7:29 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Contract negotiations between teachers and district officials in South Dakota's second-largest city have stalled.
- Rapid City schools superintendent leaving district next year Updated: May-12-15 3:17 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The superintendent of the second largest public school district in South Dakota intends to resign at the end of next school year.
- Ellsworth bomber pilot sentenced for child pornography Updated: May-12-15 7:40 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A B-1 bomber pilot at Ellsworth Air Force Base has been sentenced on a child pornography charge.
- Health system says nurse fired after making 'racist' remarks Updated: May-12-15 4:46 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A South Dakota health care system says it has fired a nurse for making comments about Native Americans and African-Americans that it deemed "extremely derogatory" and "racist" in a video posted on social media.
- Burn permits in parts of SD won't be issued until Nov. 1 Updated: May-12-15 2:32 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Agriculture says burn permits within the Black Hills Forest Fire Protection District will not be issued until Nov. 1.
- Snow storm in Dakotas breaks records, helps moisture Updated: May-11-15 11:50 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A record-breaking winter-like storm that brought heavy snow to the Dakotas could help ease dry conditions and lessen the danger of wildfires, officials said.
- 6 South Dakota National Guard soldiers going to Afghanistan Updated: May-11-15 6:10 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Six soldiers with the South Dakota Army National Guard in Rapid City are being deployed to Afghanistan for a year
- May storm dumps foot of snow on SD's Black Hills Updated: May-10-15 7:01 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A May snowstorm has dumped more than a foot of snow in South Dakota's Black Hills.