- Rounds presents Congressional medal to late SD man's family Updated: Jun-30-15 6:25 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds has presented the Congressional Gold Medal to the family of a man who served as a Civil Air Patrol pilot during World War II.
- Man seriously injured after jumping off cliff at Hippie Hole Updated: Jun-29-15 6:52 pm
ROCKERVILLE, South Dakota - A man seriously injured a leg and foot after jumping off a cliff at a popular swimming area in western South Dakota and failing to clear the rocks below.
- NSF-funded research at Mines to focus on ballistics, weather Updated: Jun-28-15 11:26 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Undergraduate students from across the country are gathering at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology this summer to study ballistics and other topics thanks to funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Rapid City man charged with rape, abuse in infant death Updated: Jun-27-15 10:06 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities say a 26-year-old Rapid City man was arrested after an infant died of undisclosed injuries at a local hospital.
- In South Dakota, gay marriages quickly commence Updated: Jun-26-15 7:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gay South Dakotans exulted Friday as the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples in America have the constitutional right to marry and county officials across the state began issuing marriage licenses to all.
- Fed agencies drop opposition to compound's water request Updated: Jun-26-15 8:25 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The National Park Service and U.S. Forest Service have dropped their opposition to a religious group's request to double the amount of water it can use at its remote Black Hills compound.
- Heavy rains lead to flooding problems in Rapid City Updated: Jun-24-15 12:23 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Heavy rains in Rapid City flooded some streets and cut off access to some homes.
- Authorities locate owners of kayaks found in Rapid Creek Updated: Jun-24-15 7:28 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities have located the owners of two kayaks that were found partially submerged in Rapid Creek in western South Dakota.
- Authorities in SD looking for 2 kayakers who may be missing Updated: Jun-23-15 4:35 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities in western South Dakota suspect two people may be missing after kayaks were found partially submerged.
- Mount Rushmore Road project delayed by recent stormy weather Updated: Jun-22-15 8:59 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Recent stormy weather in Rapid City has hampered work on a $24 million reconstruction of the road considered the gateway to the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Lightning believed cause of Rapid City apartment fire Updated: Jun-22-15 6:49 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Lightning is believed to be the cause of a weekend apartment building fire in Rapid City that displaced 27 residents.
- USPS employee in SD indicted on theft of mail charge Updated: Jun-21-15 10:53 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An employee of the U.S. Postal Service in western South Dakota has been indicted on a theft of mail charge.
- Rapid City man accused in armed robberies of 2 stores Updated: Jun-19-15 7:52 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Authorities have charged an 18-year-old Rapid City man in a pair of armed robberies in the city.
- New dorm at School of Mines to house 200 students Updated: Jun-18-15 2:08 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A new student dormitory is going up on the campus of the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.
- Huge waterslide won't be coming to Sioux Falls, Rapid City Updated: Jun-17-15 4:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Residents of South Dakota's two largest cities won't get a chance to go down a 1,000-foot waterslide this summer.
- Rapid City convenience store robbed of cash at gunpoint Updated: Jun-17-15 7:08 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police are searching for a man who robbed a convenience store early Tuesday.
- Bookstore, visitor center expanding at Jewel Cave monument Updated: Jun-15-15 9:05 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The National Park Service is expanding the visitor center and bookstore at Jewel Cave in western South Dakota.
- Rapid City education official says budget cuts likely Updated: Jun-13-15 12:11 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The Rapid City school board president says now that voters have rejected proposed property tax hike they should expect cuts to programs and staff.
- Rapid City police arrest woman, 27, accused of stabbing man Updated: Jun-11-15 7:26 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police have arrested a 27-year-old woman they say stabbed a man Thursday.
- High court allows suppression of blood evidence in DUI case Updated: Jun-11-15 5:24 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Supreme Court has affirmed that blood evidence collected from a man arrested for driving under the influence should be suppressed because the man didn't understand his rights.
- SD man whose crash conviction was overturned files $20M suit Updated: Jun-11-15 12:47 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Belle Fourche man whose conviction for a fatal crash on Interstate 90 was overturned has filed a $20 million lawsuit against a South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper and his supervisor, the state and others.
- Signs on High Street in Rapid City a target for thieves Updated: Jun-11-15 8:17 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - People who live on High Street in Rapid City don't find the repeated theft of street signs to be a laughing matter.
- Police identify victim who died after report of assault Updated: Jun-08-15 3:39 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police have identified the victim who succumbed to injuries in what has been described as a suspicious death.
- Heavy May rains push Pactola Reservoir to record level Updated: Jun-08-15 1:02 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Throughout April, Ty Gerbracht, manager for forest recreation at the Pactola Reservoir, had been hoping to avoid a drought, so she prayed for rain.
- 3,000 soldiers training in South Dakota's Black Hills Updated: Jun-08-15 9:47 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - One of the largest National Guard training exercises in the country is underway in western South Dakota's Black Hills.